• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Reminder that Min Min appeared in the Spirit Event, "Cruisin' for a Bruisin'".

No, Rex is not deconfirmed. No, Geno's chances didn't suddenly skyrocket.
TBH the only instance where I see Spirits affect the chances of a character at this point is if it's a new franchise being added via a Spirit Event. Spirit Events done to advertise for new/recent releases also make the chances of a character super sketchy IMO.

In this instance, though? No, this blue character event means nothing, lol. These are all spirits that were already in the game, they're just using them for a theme. Not any deeper than that, IMO.
I think it's worth pointing out that the Crusin' for a Bruisin spirit event occured all the way back in April last year. That was, you know, before they greenlit and announced the second Fighters Pass and thus before they decided to make Min Min playable.

Min Min's spirit hasn't been used in these events since then. Spring Man actually recently appeared in the So Comfy! So Cool! event from December last year (after more DLC was announced), and he turned out not to be playable. Just something to consider.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Min Min's spirit hasn't been used in these events since then. Just something to consider.
It's really not.

These mental gymnastics people are doing to make a completely irrelevant spirit equal deconfirmations is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I'm not saying it's a true deconfirmation, I just think there's some merit to the idea that if they wanted to make a character that's already a spirit or whatever into a playable fighter, they may not want to draw attention to said spirit, essentially reiterating their existence as a spirit and continued use as one. Like how they didn't do anything else with Min Min's base game spirit after the additional DLC was announced.

Honestly it kinda reminds me of how some people like me tried pointing out how Heihachi appearing in Pac-Man's taunt may of been a soft deconfirmation for him. Like it seems like such a small thing, but in the end...Heihachi wasn't made playable.

Last edited:

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Maybe he will show us how he makes Ramen himself.

That would be worth it.

And more useful than when he taught us to count with Byleth.
Now I'm sad he never did a random "how to make Ramen" thing while he was at home like he did the Byleth Binary thing in his other stream,

Curses...

Last edited:

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
I think it's worth pointing out that the Crusin' for a Bruisin spirit event occured all the way back in April last year. That was, you know, before they greenlit and announced the second Fighters Pass and thus before they decided to make Min Min playable.

Min Min's spirit hasn't been used in these events since then. Spring Man actually recently appeared in the So Comfy! So Cool! event from December last year (after more DLC was announced), and he turned out not to be playable. Just something to consider.
Nah not really

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

well, rip
they tried to warn everybody
they tried ;v;

I.D.

Smash Lord
How did you pinpoint this one?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
BoxBoy! + BoxGirl!, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE Encore.
To be fair we have a vanilla TMS Spirit, Tsubasa. And... that’s it. No Itsuki, Kiria etc. I was hoping they’d be added in a potential TMS Encore Spirit Event

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
To be fair we have a vanilla TMS Spirit, Tsubasa. And... that’s it. No Itsuki, Kiria etc. I was hoping they’d be added in a potential TMS Encore Spirit Event
Maybe they're saving them for when Itsuki gets added. I mean, we don't have any TMS music...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Maybe they're saving them for when Itsuki gets added. I mean, we don't have any TMS music...
The only way they can announce that is by teasing an Atlus character while showing all the familar faces from SMT, stay dead silent for 2 years and then announce the TMS ****.

Sidenote I just realized TMS is SMT backwards. That's one thing I'll give the game in terms of being clever

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Avex probably is what’s preventing it. It’s a miracle we got Ring-a-Ling, they’re anal about copyright

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

well, rip
Maaaan, Sephazon Sephazon promised me when he went famous he’d bring me with him. Wonder if he ever comes around here anymore.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm late on the whole Pokken theory the Smash fanbase is latching on to, but I want to point out that the ARMS trial started AFTER the Mini Direct revealed that CP6 was from ARMS.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Honestly after this kind of year, with the kind of updates we've gotten, if you're not expecting Nintendo news to be a bit underwelming at this point, then you really have no one to blame but yourself.

Its like watching the Game Awards and being shocked that the newly revealed game footage is more cutscenes than gameplay. Realistically you really should see that coming by now.

Last edited:

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Sakurai will have to keep writing columns about Min Min trivia until Nintendo allows him to reveal the next character.
"Fun fact! Min Min's ramen arms actually are beef-flavored, not chicken, contrary to popular belief. And her favorite color is bologna pink, which is also the name of her favorite alternative rock band. Also, did you know that her family's Mintendo Noodle House is actually a massive money-laundering front for-"

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m surprised Splatoon theory isn’t catching on, since Splatoon 2 has been a prize for the ARMS and Smash opens, and Splatoon 2’s open offered Smash and ARMS as prizes

Pokken’s not even having an Open are they

7NATOR

Smash Master
I’m surprised Splatoon theory isn’t catching on, since Splatoon 2 has been a prize for the ARMS and Smash opens, and Splatoon 2’s open offered Smash and ARMS as prizes

You know, along with that, It was interesting that Squid Sisters did get Mii costumes in Min-Min's Pack.

I think there was some speculation of a Splatoon Spin-off happening or something. Could be for that. We could also be getting Octolings as Characters, or maybe costumes. I don't know

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
Min Min's spirit hasn't been used in these events since then.
Because most of those or maybe all don’t have somthing in common with min min. Dose she use a sword? Dose she wear a cape or a tie? Better yet dose she have big eyebrows?

Also they don’t have to add in every spirit that’s in common with them for an event. I’ve noticed some spirits that have shorts (which are also from the spirit board) aren’t in that shorts event. This goes with the recently announced blue spirit event & many more in the past to come

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know, along with that, It was interesting that Squid Sisters did get Mii costumes in Min-Min's Pack.

I think there was some speculation of a Splatoon Spin-off happening or something. Could be for that. We could also be getting Octolings as Characters, or maybe costumes. I don't know
Maybe we’d get Off the Hook costumes if Octolings hypothetically became playable

7NATOR

Smash Master
Oh yeah, on the topic of The Spirit Event Discussion

Tails and Squid sisters are Summonable Spirits like Geno is, and yet they both were used in Spirit Events. However something else to note is that Tails was apprantly absent from the Tails Spirit Event, which is weird Since Tails is known for his Tails.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Tails and Squid sisters are Summonable Spirits like Geno is, and yet they both were used in Spirit Events. However something else to note is that Tails was apprantly absent from the Tails Spirit Event, which is weird Since Tails is known for his Tails.
Squid Sisters were in an Event?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

Thing is that for some reason there's spirits whose fights are WoL exclusive; Geno being one of them, with others including Mallow and Tiki.

SKX31

Smash Master
To be fair, I'm pretty sure the disappointment began as soon as it was revealed to be a ten minute video that wouldn't feature any Nintendo games.
Hey, I got something out of it personally. Not just the SMT stuff...

But we finally have an answer to "How does 2K follow up on a dumpster fire of a game - the same position EA Sports was in 10 years ago?". The answer this time around? "Rehash WWE All Stars and sell it again! Genius!" (And that might actually be better from a financial perspective - NBA Live missed out on '12 and '13 after Elite 11 crashed and burned, and the Live series has struggled since)

AFAIK they aren't, no. The free play period is solo and is not accompanied by an Open or any other officially sponsored tournament. Pokken is often featured on TPC's official tournament series still, but there's no such tournament going on AFAIK. *Checks recent Twitch streams featuring Pokken to be sure.* There were Regional Qualifiers for the Pokemon Players Cup recently, but those happened right before the Free week.

Tails does occur normally on the Spirit Board (once obtained, either via WoL or summon)... which admittedly makes it weirder. Squid Sisters is in the same category as Tails, but in their case it's not surprising that they'd headline a Spirit Event since they can occur on the Board.

If characters like Ashley, Cranky and yes Geno wind up headlining a Spirit Event it'd be a different story, since they're WoL / Summon but not on the Spirit Board at all normally. And AFAIK they've never been used in Spirit Events before.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Actually, Kind of False alarm about the Tails thing

The Triple EXP spirit Event wasn't a specific set of spirits, but was just all spirits were affected with Triple EXP

https://www.ssbwiki.com/Triple_EXP_and_SP!

However Tails (and Spiring Man also) were on the banner, so take that as you will

Tails absense from the Tails even also isn't the only weird Sonic Absentee. Shadow wasn't featured in the Spirits in black Event

https://www.ssbwiki.com/Spirits_in_Black

And you know Shadow is Black as all ever. Infinite was actually in that event as well. Shadow also wasn't in the Villain Event either, and i know Shadow isn't a Villain now, but Waluigi and Mr.L were featured and I don't know if they count as straight villains

https://www.ssbwiki.com/Nefarious_Ne'er-do-wells

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Would Elma be featured in a Spirit Event given her special unlock conditions?

also worth noting, back to Splatoon, that the Squid Sisters costume emphasized the OG Splatoon, not 2, and most of the content in game is from Splatoon 1, few content from 2, no music from the Octo Expansion

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think the Callie and Marie Mii costumes significantly lowered the chances of any Splatoon character.

Yeah, I guess they could still do something like Pearl and Marina Mii costumes, but regardless, it doesn't look good when relevant Mii costumes aren't released alongside a character.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So I was presented with this awhile ago and it is kind of interesting. For those who are interested in Smash Ultimate Mods, you may like this.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I was presented with this awhile ago and it is kind of interesting. For those who are interested in Smash Ultimate Mods, you may like this.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Posted that several days ago, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom