• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
[
I'd hate to make a rant here, even though this may be too small for an actual rant here, but...

I don't understand why those in the Geno thread think Geno is next as a Smash reveal? I mean, it could be anyone at all. I tried telling them to control their expectations before, but they insist on believing Geno is next, still. Why act blind to the facts and evidence against Geno? Why not try to be logical and reasonable when expecting things?
One of the things that confuses me most about that thread, is how they seem to think there is a good chance we will get both Geno and Waluigi, I don't see getting two characters in the same series in the same pass.

Faso115

Smash Lord
[

One of the things that confuses me most about that thread, is how they seem to think there is a good chance we will get both Geno and Waluigi, I don't see getting two characters in the same series in the same pass.
Roy and Corrin be like

AugustusB

Smash Champion
In case you missed it.
Interesting that only the Luminary is getting the amiibo treatment.
It is also interesting to note that Nintendo Japan tweeted this and apparently it is dated for September 25th. Unless that changed recently

EDIT: Apparently this has always been the case for past Amiibo waves. Japan gets it at a certain time and everywhere else (more or less) comes a week after.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
In case you missed it.
Interesting that only the Luminary is getting the amiibo treatment.
Do you think we'll have to wait until then for a new fighter, or would there be someone in between? I don't see Nintendo spacing out the Challenger Packs for that long. Ah well, at least we have a good idea of when CP8's dropping.

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
Maybe they’ll do the other 3 later? We got Advent Cloud so I doubt it’s an issue with Square.
I wouldn't be so sure. Smash 4's last three DLC all got alternative amiibo most likely due to the fact that they would be final recipients. They wanted to go out with a bang amiibo wise back then. And to also point out, Joker didn't receive an amiibo for his alt costume.

I.D.

Smash Lord
[

Nah, the real headscratcher is them expecting 3 (three) character reveals next direct.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
It is also interesting to note that Nintendo Japan tweeted this and apparently it is dated for September 25th. Unless that changed recently
September 25th sounds like a reasonable date for CP7. It'd be about three months between them and Min Min, which is in line with past patterns. Assuming we get a July Direct, I could easily picture them being revealed and slated for "Fall 2020," much like Banjo.
Nah, the real headscratcher is them expecting 3 (three) character reveals next direct.
Wait, people actually think that'll happen? Really?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why are they expecting a reveal for a character that wouldn't come out until December of next year?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Do you think we'll have to wait until then for a new fighter, or would there be someone in between? I don't see Nintendo spacing out the Challenger Packs for that long. Ah well, at least we have a good idea of when CP8's dropping.
The next character being announced on Monday & then coming out in early October isn’t that long of a wait. It’s what I expected tbh, it’s be about as long as we had to wait for Min-Min too.

The real question is how long we’ll have to wait after that. I’m betting we won’t see anyone after FP7 until January.

FJA147

Smash Cadet
Do you think that FP2 might cater to a younger audience because many of the characters were probably unknown to a younger audience (ages 7-12)
because:
Joker’s game being rated M
Terry and Banjo were big icons in the 90s and is unknown more to a younger audience if they weren’t in Smash.
Byleth: Probably recognizable by younger audience but putting this on due to his game being rated T for teen
This thought lines up due to Min Min being the first character and being a rated E game and was most likely recognizable to a younger audience.
This just a thought on how the pass could progress resulting in newer or more known icons joining smash.
Disclaimer: I could be totally wrong and that doesn’t mean that your favorite character won’t make it in. This is not proven and just a thought not an actual fact of whatFP2 will be like.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The next character being announced on Monday & then coming out in early October isn’t that long of a wait. It’s what I expected tbh, it’s be about as long as we had to wait for Min-Min too.

The real question is how long we’ll have to wait after that. I’m betting we won’t see anyone after FP7 until January.
Yeah, I realized it wasn't that long only after I posted. It's interesting, how the name of the month makes it seem that much longer. Taking the specific dates into consideration, the September 25th-October 9th range is probably what we're looking at. If they're announced in the hopefully upcoming Direct, I could see them being revealed a couple months before their actual release.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Do you think that FP2 might cater to a younger audience because many of the characters were probably unknown to a younger audience (ages 7-12)
because:
Terry and Banjo were big icons in the 90s and is unknown more to a younger audience if they weren’t in Smash.
Byleth: Probably recognizable by younger audience but putting this on due to his game being rated T for teen
This thought lines up due to Min Min being the first character and being a rated E game and was most likely recognizable to a younger audience.
This just a thought on how the pass could progress resulting in newer or more known icons joining smash.
Disclaimer: I could be totally wrong and that doesn’t mean that your favorite character won’t make it in. This is not proven and just a thought not an actual fact of whatFP2 will be like.
I don't really think so. Unless you mean like, Pokémon, Minecraft Steve or Jonesy or something. In which case I guess? But I don't see the entire pass consisting of such characters.

Being recognizable to a younger audience is a rather nebulous criteria compared to specific location demographics, the potential for corporate synergy and promotion, and documented popularity. To cater a full pass to such would be a rather strange business decision from my perspective, especially when the aforementioned characters would likely get in for these reasons over being recognizable to the kiddies.

The kiddies are already drawn in by Mario and Pokémon. They're also likely not the ones buying the DLC, unlike older (teenage to adult) fans who actually have the disposable income to do such.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
because:
Not in the slightest. It’s like Sakurai says:
DC4E411E-4D59-470F-B5AD-A06173DBF4DD.jpeg

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
because:

Crash ? His games are E+10 and their is the fourth title coming this fall.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Japan does not use the ESRB rating system they use CERO instead and Persona 5 is CERO C which is 15+ the highest rating for a playable character is Bayonetta which is CERO D which is 17+. Fallout and Assassins Creed are CERO Z which is the highest rating and they got Mii costumes so I do not believe that rating would (or should) effect anything.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Smash doesn't really seem to only cater to one age group specifically, many of the characters appeal to all kinds of different age groups. Nintendo's games typically go for an all-ages approach, so I don't really see any precedent for assuming they would all of a sudden focus on characters aimed exclusively at a much younger demographic.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So is that Sexygirl twitter account debunked? Didn't see anything ground-breaking newswise today, so seems like just a coincidence to me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So is that Sexygirl twitter account debunked? Didn't see anything ground-breaking newswise today, so seems like just a coincidence to me.
You're telling me an account with the username HotGirlsVideo69 was lying to me all along?

Untitled.png

How could anyone have known...​

Shroob

Sup?
September 25th for the Joker Amiibo in Japan(October 2nd in US).

I think most people were predicting the next fighter to drop in September, so this lines up with the prior reveal/release schedules of releasing the character in the same month as an Amiibo drop/restock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom