• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Now then, let’s talk about something else. What kind of existing character do you want to see featured in the reveal trailer for your most wanted?
A Sakura trailer could entail:ultwendy::ultinkling::ultsamus::ultrobinf::ultsheik: as they are all women who fight and vaguely resemble archetypes seen throughout the Sakura Wars series and they could battle :ultridley::ultwolf::ultbowser::ultrob: as they resemble various demon's seen throughout the series

Last edited:

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
I was really looking forward to Dragon Quest music in Smash, I love it's musical style. But of course, we can't always have nice things.
Koichi cheapo.jpg

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
Now then, let’s talk about something else. What kind of existing character do you want to see featured in the reveal trailer for your most wanted?
Hmm, let's see.

For Reimu, I've had the vague idea that the focus of the trailer could be a flower viewing party, as happens often in Touhou, so maybe for the button you could see Reimu, :ultpeach:, :ultsheik:, and :ultgnw: drinking tea outside the Hakurei Shrine as a callback to SSE

Raiden's trailer would probably be pretty action packed. Could always play off the swordie angle, but that's kinda been done in both the Shulk and Hero trailers. Maybe :ultmegaman: and :ultrob: since they're robots, or :ultshulk: because, erm, well you know...

ZelDan

Smash Master
If Isaac were added to Smash, maybe they'd use other Nintendo RPG characters :ultmarth::ultness::ultpokemontrainer::ultshulk:

Or Nintendo sword users :ultlink::ultmarth::ultmetaknight::ultshulk:

(Only used one FE character and one version of Link, but they could use other FE or Links)

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Thanks.

I want to see Lucario and Mewtwo if Darkrai had a reveal trailer. Maybe Kirby as well due to dream/nightmare related stuff.

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
I think a cool reveal trailer for Quote would feature Samus and the Belmonts considering the style of game Cave Story is.
For Rayman, I'd love to see them recreate the opening scene from Origins, but instead of a skull falling into his hand, it's a Smash invitation. You'd then feature other platform mascots proceeding to beat him up, again like the original.
And lastly, for Isaac I'd also like to see Golden Sun's intro recreated with Palutena and Robin standing in for Saturos and Menardi, with Shulk standing in for Isaac, to which the actual Isaac comes in to help.

Just some ideas for what I think would be rad.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
For Rayman, I'd love to see them recreate the opening scene from Origins, but instead of a skull falling into his hand, it's a Smash invitation. You'd then feature other platform mascots proceeding to beat him up, again like the original.
If that happens at Ubi forward by some off chance that'll probably be the first time I happy cry in my life!

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie, I feel like a Ubisoft rep aint happening on the bases of it not getting leaked it, considering this is Ubisoft after all and everything they do seems to get leaked, hell today 30 minutes of uncut gameplay for Assassin's Creed Valhalla ended up leaking.

EDIT

Also I realize, if we are gonna get a Ubisoft rep, then I am gonna make a bet it will get leaked well in advance since this is well Ubisoft after all.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Not gonna lie, I feel like a Ubisoft rep aint happening on the bases of it not getting leaked it, considering this is Ubisoft after all and everything they do seems to get leaked, hell today 30 minutes of uncut gameplay for Assassin's Creed Valhalla ended up leaking.

EDIT

Also I realize, if we are gonna get a Ubisoft rep, then I am gonna make a bet it will get leaked well in advance since this is well Ubisoft after all.
Also to represent Ubisoft's boner for open worlds, the rep needs to have a stage reminiscent of Palutena's Temple or Great Cave Offensive, and both the base game's new stages and DLC stages haven't been large.

I don't actually think that needs to be the case, but haven't you noticed that about SSBU's new stages? Except for Moray Towers, that's a bigger stage, but still not Temple-big.

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace

EDIT

Weirdest stretch of something to go against Rayman's chances but if I'm a entertain it we have 5 more reps so if he's (hopefully) in then he could be farther down the line hence no leaks yet

Shroob

Sup?
Weirdest stretch of something to go against Rayman's chances but if I'm a entertain it we have 5 more reps so if he's (hopefully) in then he could be farther down the line hence no leaks yet
It's sarcastic. It's a joke based on how Ubisoft **** leaks. Someone sneezes, Ubisoft game leaks.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
For Isaac, aside from the other possible things that were mentionned, I can see two other possibilities:
  • A battle of pure magic, against Robin, Zelda, Ness and/or Lucas
  • Or a battle featuring all 4 elemental forces of Golden Sun, with Water (Ice Climbers or Corrin's dragon form), Wind (Robin's Elwind or Pikachu), Fire (Roy Mario or Bowser) and, of could, Earth with Isaac
Actually, you could combine both options. The second option, featuring different characters with no clearly identifiable link, could be great to build momentum toward the reveal.

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
It's sarcastic. It's a joke based on how Ubisoft **** leaks. Someone sneezes, Ubisoft game leaks.
Ahhhh. I've seen detractors say so many crazy things unironically (like Ubisoft miis hurt Rayman but namco and Bethesda miis don't hurt llyod or Doom guy) that I couldn't tell. My bad.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ahhhh. I've seen detractors say so many crazy things unironically (like Ubisoft miis hurt Rayman but namco and Bethesda miis don't hurt llyod or Doom guy) that I couldn't tell. My bad.
At least with Namco-Bandai there's literally two costumes left so it's a bit different.

Many consider Doomguy already out, and the costume is just beating a dead horse.

But yeah, this isn't that odd. Though to be fair, the thing about speculation is that when something happens, trying to apply it to current character options is rather normal anyway. Doesn't mean one comes to the correct conclusion, it's more just figuring out possibilities based upon new data we have.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
At least with Namco-Bandai there's literally two costumes left so it's a bit different.

Many consider Doomguy already out, and the costume is just beating a dead horse.

But yeah, this isn't that odd. Though to be fair, the thing about speculation is that when something happens, trying to apply it to current character options is rather normal anyway. Doesn't mean one comes to the correct conclusion, it's more just figuring out possibilities based upon new data we have.
I know that and thats true, but to say the namco Mii situation is different cause of the number of miis is silly. If heihachi doesn't deconfirm llyod, then Altair and rabbids don't deconfirm Rayman. If Altair and rabbids hurt Rayman then heihachi hurts llyod. That's all I'm saying

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
It is slightly different because we've never had a guest company get upgraded from minor non-playable representation to major playable representation, with a lot of people feeling that they would've surely preferred to wait to make a grander entrance to the game.

But Ultimate has made it very clear that rules are make to be broken, so noone should ever say that it's a 0% chance...

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I don't have anything to contribute to the current discussion right now, but I just wanted to point out: Hey's, it's the 6th of July! Assuming that this one leaker is legit, it's probably only gonna be a couple of hours now before we get any kind of Nintendo news.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know that and thats true, but to say the namco Mii situation is different cause of the number of miis is silly. If heihachi doesn't deconfirm llyod, then Altair and rabbids don't deconfirm Rayman. If Altair and rabbids hurt Rayman then heihachi hurts llyod. That's all I'm saying
It's not silly. We expect at least one Namco-Bandai costume left. There's no way to tell we actually have any Ubisoft costumes possibly left. There's no returning costumes to make any actual speculation on for Ubisoft.

They are literally in different situations. There's also a lot more Namco-Bandai franchises than Ubisoft ones to think on, so it's easily treated as more likely. You have Ezio and Rayman left plausibly. You have Lloyd Irving, Yuri, Nightmare, Agumon, and Chosen Undead for notable possibilities for Namco-Bandai. And there's still ones people given even less note to like Klonoa, Taizo Hori/Dig Dug(both names are official ones for him), and Don-Chan. Possibly more. Other than two plausible Ubisoft characters who weren't costumed, how many more are left that are remotely possible? Rabbids, one of the few other choices, along with Altair, are already done with. In addition, many of those characters easily could work as costumes, so there's simply more Namco-Bandai content that's easy to speculate than Ubisoft content. I can think of at least... one more plausible Ubisoft costume right now that isn't Rayman or Ezio, and I often forget his name; Globb or something like that. I don't think Ubisoft's done either, but there's not exactly a lot that makes it more convincing it's getting a character over those with more franchise options right now.

It doesn't mean a Namco-Bandai character is coming nor that an Ubisoft character is not coming. It just means people will often look at all the context behind plausible content.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It is slightly different because we've never had a guest company get upgraded from minor non-playable representation to major playable representation, with a lot of people feeling that they would've surely preferred to wait to make a grander entrance to the game.

But Ultimate has made it very clear that rules are make to be broken, so noone should ever say that it's a 0% chance...
I think it has less to do with Ultimate breaking rules and more to do with people personifying companies way too much.

Like, what, Ubisoft is going to sulk and reject getting royalty money from Nintendo because they already have Spirits and Mii costumes? It's a company, not a person, a kid's game isn't going to hurt its feelings. I doubt any company would leave the money on the table just because.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, how many and which songs do you want for your most wanted? I'll go:

Axel Stone
  1. Series Opening - Streets of Rage (New Remix)
  2. Go Straight (Streets of Rage 2; New Remix)
  3. In the Bar (Streets of Rage 2; New Remix)
  4. Never Return Alive (Streets of Rage 2)
  5. Spin on the Bridge (Streets of Rage 2)
  6. Dreamer (Streets of Rage 2; New Remix)
  7. Under Logic (Streets of Rage 2)
  8. Slow Moon (Streets of Rage 2)
  9. Wave 131 (Streets of Rage 2; New Remix)
  10. Revenge of Mr. X (Streets of Rage 2; New Remix)
  11. Fighting in the Street (Streets of Rage)
  12. Moon Beach (Streets of Rage; New Remix)
  13. Violent Breathing (Streets of Rage; New Remix)
  14. Fuze (Streets of Rage 3)
  15. Dub Slash (Streets of Rage 3; New Remix)
  16. The Poets 1 (Streets of Rage 3; New Remix)
  17. They’re Back (Streets of Rage 4)
  18. The Streets (Streets of Rage 4)
  19. Call the Cops (Streets of Rage 4)
  20. Funky HQ (Streets of Rage 4; New Remix)
  21. Ghost Fair (Streets of Rage 4)
  22. Shiva (Streets of Rage 4)
  23. An Exhibition (Streets of Rage 4; New Remix)
  24. 25 Years Ago (Streets of Rage 4)
Not necessarily my most wanted, but I made a song list for Super Monkey Ball the other day, because the music in that series is a bop.

Jungle - Super Monkey Ball
Storm - Super Monkey Ball
Jungle - Super Monkey Ball 2
Ocean - Super Monkey Ball 2
Clock Tower - Super Monkey Ball 2
Wet 'n' Windy - Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll [New Arrangement?]
Bonus Stage - Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll [New Arrangement]
Bonus Stage - Super Monkey Ball 3D
Southpole (Winter Banana Pretz Mix) - Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
ROCKIN' COMMANDER - Super Monkey Ball 3D
Landing on a New Island! - Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD
Khafre's Trials - Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD
Mollusk King - Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD
Swamps of Side Chain - Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD

I tried to keep it realistic, so a low amount of songs (14), and only a few arrangements. No Banana Blitz music as I think there's copyright issues with those songs (besides Smooth Sherbet, which was done by a different person). I assume Touch & Roll (which Banana Blitz's music is an arrangement of) is safe to use, as Wet 'n' Windy/Monkey Island was used in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, and the Bonus Stage music was used in the Banana Blitz HD.

The songs from Banana Blitz HD use their Album titles.

Also here's my reasoning behind my choices:
-Jungle (Both) and Landing on a New Island!, the song that plays in the first area, a must have.
-Storm and Clock Tower, intense music suited for fighting.
-Ocean, a song from the series that I felt was memorable, and also adds a bit of variety with a slower paced song.
-Wet 'n' Windy, same as Jungle. The '?' after 'New Arrangement' refers to the fact I could see this song getting an arrangement, but I could also see it not being arranged at all.
-Bonus Stage (Both), what I consider to be the Super Monkey Ball song. A song that I feel is almost guaranteed to be arranged for Smash, but I chucked in the version from 3D so the song also had a variation where it truly felt like Super Monkey Ball.
-Southpole and ROCKIN' COMMANDER, literally just an excuse to have music by Hideki Naganuma, nothing else.
-Khafre's Trials, Mollusk King and Swamps of Side Chain, music from the latest game. It hasn't been out for long enough, and not enough people have listened to the OST for there to be any must haves, so I just chose the music that I like.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
It's not silly. We expect at least one Namco-Bandai costume left. There's no way to tell we actually have any Ubisoft costumes possibly left. There's no returning costumes to make any actual speculation on for Ubisoft.

They are literally in different situations. There's also a lot more Namco-Bandai franchises than Ubisoft ones to think on, so it's easily treated as more likely. You have Ezio and Rayman left plausibly. You have Lloyd Irving, Yuri, Nightmare, Agumon, and Chosen Undead for notable possibilities for Namco-Bandai. And there's still ones people given even less note to like Klonoa, Taizo Hori/Dig Dug(both names are official ones for him), and Don-Chan. Possibly more. Other than two plausible Ubisoft characters who weren't costumed, how many more are left that are remotely possible? Rabbids, one of the few other choices, along with Altair, are already done with. In addition, many of those characters easily could work as costumes, so there's simply more Namco-Bandai content that's easy to speculate than Ubisoft content. I can think of at least... one more plausible Ubisoft costume right now that isn't Rayman or Ezio, and I often forget his name; Globb or something like that. I don't think Ubisoft's done either, but there's not exactly a lot that makes it more convincing it's getting a character over those with more franchise options right now.

It doesn't mean a Namco-Bandai character is coming nor that an Ubisoft character is not coming. It just means people will often look at all the context behind plausible content.
Just cause one company has more Characters doesn't mean they aren't in the same boat. Both have speculated Characters, both got miis before the speculated characters showed up. Yeah, definitely silly

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Thanks.

I'd want the Star Fox crew and Samus to appear in Sol's trailer, Sol's a bounty hunter and there's a bounty on his Smash invite, so they try to beat him up to take it from him as they're also bounty hunters. Hell, have them win and grab the invite after Sol gets his ass kicked only to LET IT OUUUUUUT and curbstomp them

Richter should appear in Shanoa's trailer, his actions indirectly lead to the second half of the game.

Belmonts should appear in Miriam's trailer, one of the bonus bosses is very much a blatant Belmont who's Shard even gives you the Cross

Velvet Crowe should fight demonic looking enemies and Marth, a noble swordsman due to her entire motivation being revenge against an honourable noble swordsman

Master Chief should have the Metroid cast, partially for a cheeky joke about how they have somewhat similar protags, but also because Ridley can kinda work as a Covenant soldier whereas Dark Samus works VERY well as the Flood due to their parasitic natures

Travis should have the ****ing Polygon Fighting Team, have his trailer reference the Dragon King prototype Smash ended up becoming, Travis is the only character who's series use meta humour to pull this off

Last edited:

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman

Ubisoft might not be on the same level as Namco, but c'mon, they've got more than just Ezio and Rayman! Prince of Persia and Sam Fisher are both obvious candidates, with Jade, Mason Rana, Aiden Pearce or even a Just Dance avatar all being plausible too. Definitely a lot of stuff in their library that wouldn't fit into Smash, admittedly.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Thanks.

Sgt. Cortez: :ultsamus: explores an abandoned Space Station and gets ambushed by TimeSplitters! Enter Sgt. Cortez who throws a time grenade, throwing all TimeSplitters in the air and shooting them all with his Dispersion. Ending it off with his Signature catchphrase! It's Time to Split!
Axel Stone: :ultryu: and :ultken: get into a Street Fight but Axel Stone comes in to break it up with a Graaaaaand Upper!
Crono: :ultyounglink: and:ultlucina: have a fierce battle with Spiky Eared :ultpichu: on the side lines. Suddenly the Epoch breaks through time and a new challenger steps out of the vehicle to take them both on. They both go in for an attack but are then they are both caught in a Frenzy (confuse) attack, finished off with a Luminaire! It is revealed to be Crono!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ubisoft might not be on the same level as Namco, but c'mon, they've got more than just Ezio and Rayman! Prince of Persia and Sam Fisher are both obvious candidates, with Jade, Mason Rana, Aiden Pearce or even a Just Dance avatar all being plausible too. Definitely a lot of stuff in their library that wouldn't fit into Smash, admittedly.
I'll note I don't get into Ubisoft much, so I barely remember their IP's. Like, honestly? I couldn't remember any of those IP's were related to Ubisoft. I just knew they existed. That was it. I also have no clue who some of those are, though I think Jade is Beyond Good & Evil, which I vaguely remember is Ubisoft.

But that's why I asked for more information of who was plausible. It goes without saying repeating the exact same point with zero new information is definitely not convincing. Thus, the previous post I chose not to reply to simply didn't tell me anything of why I should look at Ubisoft more.

Now this post is a lot more interesting. I forgot so many neat options. ...BTW, who are Mason Rana and Aiden Pearce? The rest of the franchises I know of, but.

Either way, there's no denying that a company with missing Mii costumes is going to be treated as "more notable" in speculation anyway. Capcom has been constantly referred to as having a character, though it's not just the Missing costumes at the time either. It also kept getting more and more content throughout 4 and Ultimate, and also has a plethora of noteworthy IP's. Not many were noted from Capcom USA so much as Capcom Co LTD., but who really separates them beyond licensing factors? And why would they? It's just a different branch. It's also why they kept getting more and more costumes. It's a big company. Though most of them were MegaMan-related.

A big reason why Ubisoft isn't often talked about as much as some don't simply remember their IP's as easily as others, and the biggest ones are most often talked about. Assassin's Creed and Rayman get the brunt of speculation despite there being more options. Capcom does a lot better in getting more franchises talked about as is. Sega and Namco-Bandai often get shortstacked with some of their franchises ignored, not unlike Ubisoft.

Besides, when you look at Namco-Bandai having a fairly small amount of costumes, that also comes out to the factor that Sakurai doesn't want to treat them as "special". They're actually pretty poor in representation outside of the arcade stuff, and that was simply there more as the basic of Pac-Man's gameplay. Along with a few extra items that were easy to go with. Nintendo, on the other hand, doesn't really have the same thoughts. Despite a lot of companies having tons of possible IP's that could be playable and/or Mii costumes, many get left out. Boy could Capcom use more(Co LTD. or USA), but surprisingly not even Street Fighter got a costume by now. Sega's been particularly as lucky as Namco-Bandai, having costumes from more than 2 franchises alone. It's not much spread out despite it being easy to do so. Then again, it's clear Sakurai doesn't just want to focus on one company alone either.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
The phrase “just wait until the next game” is such a weak mindset. You are ok with what happened, being deconfirmed, the loss of a playable role. When you stop being passionate after losing, you’ve lost twice.
i hate that i know the exact thing you're referencing

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
i hate that i know the exact thing you're referencing
People who accept non-fighter representation cheated not only the game, but themselves. They didn't grow. They didn't improve. They took a shortcut and gained nothing. They experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that they don't know the difference.
inb4 people don't get that I'm just referencing a similar copypasta

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Thanks.

Samus seems like a natural fit for a Gordon Freeman reveal trailer.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
and while Byleth isn't owned by them, Koei-Tecmo were apparently credited for making the trailer.
That's probably because Byleth's trailer featured the exact same scene from Three Houses. Except for the "too many swordfighters" and all that, of course. Three Houses was mostly developed by Koei Tecmo so I guess the cutscenes were made by them as well?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't have anything to contribute to the current discussion right now, but I just wanted to point out: Hey's, it's the 6th of July! Assuming that this one leaker is legit, it's probably only gonna be a couple of hours now before we get any kind of Nintendo news.
Don’t fail me now, HotGirlVideos69...

this is embarrassing to type out

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I will say regardless of Smash, I'll be a bit surprised if we don't get a Direct before Paper Mario's release as it and Deadly Premonition 2 are the last Switch releases of major significance that we have release dates on and both of those are out in less than two weeks. Even with Nintendo's relatively thin PR this year, there's always been some sort of major game overlap so that there was some big first party title coming soon to promote; Xenoblade remake, Animal Crossing, Origami King, Clubhouse Games, etc. After the 17th the only thing close to major is the Crystal Chronicles remake in August, and that's a tbird party multiplatform release mind you.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I'll jump on here.

Any recent rumours going on about Smash or Nintendo? Curious.
There's a rumour that we're getting an announcement or shadowdrop sometime today for something, but no one's really sure what. General consensus seems to be the announcement of a July Nintendo Direct.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Thanks.

I feel like the characters that I'd want to see in Geno's trailer are too obvious (Mario, Peach, Bowser), though Kirby or Rosalina could work.

For a Dante trailer, I feel like Bayonetta basically has to be in there, whether it's the CGI portion or the gameplay portion. Other than that, I'd like to see at least one of the Capcom characters (especially Ken), and maybe Snake or Link. (Snake because both MGS2 and DMC1 came out around the same time and were both big reasons to get a PS2; Link because both of them are swordsmen with large amounts of weaponry and equipment)

For Doomguy, aside from Isabelle (I just find the contrast between them to be funny), I feel like Ridley would fit the Doom aesthetic the best. Maybe the CGI portion starts with someone like Isabelle or Pichu being chased by Ridley before Doomguy steps in? (Isabelle and Pichu seem like the most defenseless of the cast, at least in terms of appearance)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
However I do think Nintendo is closer to Ubisoft than Square right now, and they are definitely closer to Bandai Namco and Koei Tecmo.[/QUOTE]
Don’t fail me now, HotGirlVideos69...

this is embarrassing to type out
If not today then there's always next week with the 14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom