• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
But what about the date she gave for the 14th as well?
The dates they gave weren't a "uhh yeah there's gonna be something on one of those four dates" kinda thing, but a "something on ALL of them" kinda thing. Two dates already came true (one a Paper Mario overview trailer, and the other the Min Min presentation), whereas the others obviously haven't happened yet.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
if i had a penny for every time the smash community put stock in a random account named hotgirlvideos69 who used their bio to sell adult toys i'd have 1 penny, which isn't much but it's weird that it happened at all

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm not familiar with her; did she anything that provided her credibility to begin with?
6/12 - announcement of 6/13 Pokémon presentation
6/19 - announcement of the ARMS Smash presents on the 23rd

dates for announcements of announcements basically

Calamitas

Smash Champion
if i had a penny for every time the smash community put stock in a random account named hotgirlvideos69 who used their bio to sell adult toys i'd have 1 penny, which isn't much but it's weird that it happened at all
Stop flaunting your wealth, some of us aren't that well off.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Technically we did get another announcement of a announcement at 10.

For the next Xbox Games Showcase. Right idea, wrong publisher.

Note: I don't buy any people who claim to have knowledge anymore, I'm just pointing out a coincidence.

SKX31

Smash Master
Now this post is a lot more interesting. I forgot so many neat options. ...BTW, who are Mason Rana and Aiden Pearce? The rest of the franchises I know of, but.
Mason is one of Starlink's main pilots (and Star Fox allies with his organization, the Starlink Initiative), and Aiden's the protagonist of Watch Dogs 1. Both of them are certainly viable: Starlink's crossover with Star Fox's well known, and Watch Dogs 1 did appear on the Wii U.

Not seen as likely, no, but curveballs have happened before.

Technically we did get another announcement of a announcement at 10.

For the next Xbox Games Showcase. Right idea, wrong publisher.

Note: I don't buy any people who claim to have knowledge anymore, I'm just pointing out a coincidence.
NGL, pretty interested in that. Sure, Microsoft's somewhat on the backfoot following their May showing and the PS5 reveal, but they still have a good amount of potential stuff they could show off.

D

Deleted member

That's it, huh? A pokemon announcement only 1 day before it actually aired (pretty sure someone on Serebii had knowledge at least a week before) and another only 4 days in advance? I mean...I guess it's technically something but it's so minimal I'm surprised anyone even took notice.

I tend to be more pessimistic. 2 times correct (especially if one is just 1 day in advance) I'd call coincidence; 3 times might be something to them and 4 is when I'd pay attention when they speak. Even then, it'd only be if they were more detailed in their 'leak' too lol.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mason is one of Starlink's main pilots (and Star Fox allies with his organization, the Starlink Initiative), and Aiden's the protagonist of Watch Dogs 1. Both of them are certainly viable: Starlink's crossover with Star Fox's well known, and Watch Dogs 1 did appear on the Wii U.

Not seen as likely, no, but curveballs have happened before.
Heh. I knew of the games, but even less about them.

Though at least you're soft-confirming that I got Jade right, then? XD

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Yeah, I kinda figured nothin' was gonna happen.

My guess is we're pretty much gonna be in the dark about whatever holiday plans they have until late August or early September. I'm not sure why they're keeping things so quiet but eh, it's how it goes. We're dealing with a company that loves their secrets. :drshrug:

Besides, Min Min's only just now a week old and we got some new content via Paper Mario coming, so it's not like we've had nothing.

...Plus, I'm not sure what some were expecting from an account with a username like that, lol. :p

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, there are some people on the Geno thread that say there could still be an announcement for something like a Direct happening today. I mean, they say Nintendo's announcement pattern has been inconsistent, lately. Thing is, a general Direct has not yet been announced this year, and that Mini-Direct from earlier was dropped the same time around when a general Direct was normally announced. What do you all think?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Hey guys, there are some people on the Geno thread that say there could still be an announcement for something like a Direct happening today. I mean, they say Nintendo's announcement pattern has been inconsistent, lately. Thing is, a general Direct has not yet been announced this year, and that Mini-Direct from earlier was dropped the same time around when a general Direct was normally announced. What do you all think?
Oh, you mean the leak? Yeah, that kinda fell through. Dates for the seventh and the fourteenth have been suggested, but take those with a masive grain of salt. We're probably not getting anything until August.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh, you mean the leak? Yeah, that kinda fell through. Dates for the seventh and the fourteenth have been suggested, but take those with a masive grain of salt. We're probably not getting anything until August.
I meant general Directs being announced in general, and people saying that Nintendo's patterns of announcements has been said to be inconsistent and unpredictable as of late. You can think August if you like, but where was it said that it could happened on the seventh?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I meant general Directs being announced in general, and people saying that Nintendo's patterns of announcements has been said to be inconsistent and unpredictable as of late. You can think August if you like, but where was it said that it could happened on the seventh?
Some leaker who got the announcement dates for the Pokemon Direct and Min Min's overview right. We followed them based on that, and they said a Direct would be announced on the 6th, then streamed on the 7th. Given that it's not announced, either we get a shadowdrop instead or the leaker's credibility falls through and they go back into obscurity.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Some leaker who got the announcement dates for the Pokemon Direct and Min Min's overview right. We followed them based on that, and they said a Direct would be announced on the 6th, then streamed on the 7th. Given that it's not announced, either we get a shadowdrop instead of the leaker's credibility falls through and they go back into obscurity.
To be fair, Nintendo America hasn’t tweeted a single thing yet. Let’s wait a while

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Some leaker who got the announcement dates for the Pokemon Direct and Min Min's overview right. We followed them based on that, and they said a Direct would be announced on the 6th, then streamed on the 7th. Given that it's not announced, either we get a shadowdrop instead of the leaker's credibility falls through and they go back into obscurity.
Don't you mean "or" instead of "of"?

I did know about that leak. Still, I wonder if there will be any announcement of anything like a Direct sometime today past now, if there is still a chance?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
To be fair, Nintendo America hasn’t tweeted a single thing yet. Let’s wait a while
Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. Welp, there goes that leak.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, I mean a Direct would normally be the first thing Nintendo would post on their Twitter, wouldn't it be?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That’s funny, my mobile twitter didn’t give a notification for that...

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
I kinda knew that july leak was pretty much a lie and besides I don't think we're going get a direct until August or September since that Nintendo interview from a week or 2 ago.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, given that July is still young, and there are rumors that a Direct could still happen this month, I'd say we still have Tuesday and Wednesday this week for a possible announcement. This may just be me being optimistic here, but even if one leaker is wrong, anything is still possible. Plus, Directs are usually announced on the second week of any month, right?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Coincidentally, we were doing the same thing last July.

"Yeah, I bet we'll get Hero the first week of July."
"We should definitely get Hero in the second week."
"Looking at that July ad Nintendo released, I'm almost certain we'll Hero on the 17th or 18th."
"I get it now. Japan goes on summer break this week. We're probably getting a release right before then so everyone can enjoy it over the weekend."
*Hero is released July 30th.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've said it before, but here's hoping we get a Direct soon. It's been ten months now, close to a year, since we've had a full-fledged Direct. Since then, we've had a single "mini" Direct that was shadow-dropped, the occasional update on games that have already been out (Pokemon Sword and Shield DLC, Smash DLC, etc.), an Animal Crossing Direct, and a Paper Mario game suddenly being announced on Twitter with information slowly being drip-fed to us since then.

I get that the Coronavirus is throwing things out of order, but that's been going on for the past four months or so - it doesn't explain the other six months (September 2019 to February 2020) where we basically got no news from Nintendo. I understood the information droughts in the Wii U era - third party support for the Wii U dropped insanely quickly, and Nintendo seemed to write the system off as a lost cause, moving on to Switch development and occasionally releasing a game that seemed to be hastily thrown together like Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash or Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival.

I understand that, given everything that's going on, giving specific release dates for anything is difficult because we have no idea if/when things are going to go back to normal, but you'd think they would have had something planned for E3 before it was cancelled, at the very least. It's just frustrating that we basically seem to be having a Wii U era drought when the Switch is doing extremely well.

Basically, I get why we haven't had updates, but the almost complete radio silence is frustrating.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom