• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
The last time this thread was discussing a Daisy theory, we ended up getting Byleth. So I guess that means it's time for another FE character.

Lyn, come on down!

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The last time this thread was discussing a Daisy theory, we ended up getting Byleth. So I guess that means it's time for another FE character.

Lyn, come on down!
I wish we could trade out :ultcorrinf::ultlucina::ultchrom: for the Assists. They'd represent the series better in terms of archetypes, design, and moveset diversity, and they would clog up the roster with 3DS reps. Even if we could have only one, I'd choose Lyn. She's literally been called the Math of the West by the developers; If anyone's going to represent the 2000's era of Fire Emblem, it's her.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
the Daisy glitch clips her dress right? it could be a female without a dress, or even a miniskirt or shorts

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The Daisy Dress glitch means Sakurai will personally break down your doors and give you a proper, functioning SD card.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So what JRPG character do you think is most likely to join Smash or which JRPG character do you want to see?

Want: Crono - I never grew up with Chrono Trigger since I'm from the UK but I loved every second of that game when I finally got the chance to play it. Lots to do in the post game and then given the chance to ride around the epoch. I love games that involve time travel because you can give the world so much variety. The only problem is that I find it pretty difficult so it's hard for me to get back into the game.

Expect: Sora - I think he'd be a big priority if they were given the choice of another Square Enix character since he is highly requested in Japan. If he does get chosen, it would be well deserved considering how popular the game is. I only hope that the Story so far gets released on the Switch so I'd finally have a chance to play the series and see why it's such a big deal.
Want: Geno - While I wouldn't say he's a guarentee, I think he has a decent chance of getting this this time around for a variety of reasons. He's still lacking his costume despite there being plenty of great opprotunities to bring it back, and Ultimate thus far has been pretty amazing with regards to including such fan requested characters, so at this point I woundn't be too suprised if he got in.

Expect: Rex & Pyra - Much like with an ARMS character, the only thing that stopped Rex & Pyra from getting included was their game being released long after both the base roster, as well as the first Fighters Pass, were decided. Now that that's no longer the case (and since it's now apparent that Spirits don't disconfirm), I believe they're a very likely choice for this Fighters Pass.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So from what Im hearing, the rumored direct is on the 7th or 14th. If it's true I hope it's the 14th. Because if it was the 7th, conspiracy theorists are going to be all over a certain character that day.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So from what Im hearing, the rumored direct is on the 7th or 14th. If it's true I hope it's the 14th. Because if it was the 7th, conspiracy theorists are going to be all over a certain character that day.
Ah, yes. Someone whose biggest connection to Nintendo was near the N64's launch but is not Nintendo's property. He has some sort of association with firepower. His game has only had minor representation in Smash. I am of course talking about Agent 007, James Bond.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Okay, listen! Brarack Omaba can still make it into Smash, okay?! HE'LL USE THE SEVEN CHAOS EMERALDS ON THE 7TH DAY TO PROVE YOU ALL WRONG!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
watch their surprise as it's Neku :shades:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So what JRPG character do you think is most likely to join Smash or which JRPG character do you want to see?
Estelle Bright from Trails in the sky is one of my most wanted I even made the support thread for her.

Sakura Shinguji or Amamiya would also be great choices

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Sakura Shinguji or Amamiya would also be great choices
NintenZ NintenZ had the idea of Sakura Amamiya being a hypothetical Echo of Sakura Shinguji a while back.
So I was thinking about it, and I’m not sure if the Sakuras could be alts of each other. While their appearances and mannerisms are similar they have a couple key differences involving how some attacks are used (Shinguji for example has Cherry Blossom Smite for example while Amamiya has Cherry Blossom Blizzard both as their special attacks) so I’m wondering if they would be Echo Fighters of each other instead included in the same fighter pack. Either way I can’t see one getting in without the other because one is extremely iconic and has a legacy, and the other they’re gonna want to include to promote the new game and they’re also sort of pushing her as a new mascot of sorts for the series (She's been in tons of collabs recently and was the only other SW character in the SEGA UFO contest besides Shinguji herself).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch supposedly on the 7th or 14th turns out to be a double reveal of Doom Slayer and Geno.

Meaning Cacomallow was real the entire time.

venomthebest

Smash Apprentice
Alright, tinfoil hat conspiracy theory I just had. So remember back before byleth was revealed there was some sort of leak by fatmanonice talking about how he heard something about nightmare from soul calibur which we assumed was for the last character in fighter pass 1. Im assuming that was around the time where they were planning the second pass characters and he just happened to hear something about that pass and not the first pass. He is a bandaid namco character after all.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Alright, tinfoil hat conspiracy theory I just had. So remember back before byleth was revealed there was some sort of leak by fatmanonice talking about how he heard something about nightmare from soul calibur which we assumed was for the last character in fighter pass 1. Im assuming that was around the time where they were planning the second pass characters and he just happened to hear something about that pass and not the first pass. He is a bandaid namco character after all.
Wasn't that just a guess on his part? People have a tendency to act as though his speculation was claimed to be a leak, even when that's not the case. (besides, without any posts to go on, there's no indication that anything like that was ever said, and I don't recall anything like that coming up)

EDIT: I looked through the Geno thread; the mentions of Soul Calibur's Nightmare were things like "I think we might get Nightmare at some point," "Nightmare's another possibility from Namco-Bandai," or other phrases that made it clear that they're just guesses.

Last edited:

venomthebest

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't that just a guess on his part? People have a tendency to act as though his speculation was claimed to be a leak, even when that's not the case. (besides, without any posts to go on, there's no indication that anything like that was ever said, and I don't recall anything like that coming up)
Like I said, tinfoil hat

SharkLord

Smash Hero
This is what I'm calling them now, no exceptions.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
EDIT: I looked through the Geno thread; the mentions of Soul Calibur's Nightmare were things like "I think we might get Nightmare at some point," "Nightmare's another possibility from Namco-Bandai," or other phrases that made it clear that they're just guesses.
With Heihachi out of the running, his chances certainly increased. He still has to compete with Lloyd though who I feel is more likely in terms of a Namco rep.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
With Heihachi out of the running, his chances certainly increased. He still has to compete with Lloyd though who I feel is more likely in terms of a Namco rep.
It's not like those two are the only options for Bandai-Namco, though. Xenosaga might not have any games on the Switch, but KOS-MOS appeared in Project X Zone 2 (with Fiora from Xenoblade and several Fire Emblem characters) and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and if Cloud and Joker are any indication, that's enough.

Then there's Agumon (not sure if Pokemon vs. Digimon was as big in Japan as it was in the US), the Prince of All Cosmos, Jin Kazama (just because Heihachi's out of the running doesn't mean that Tekken as a whole is), and likely quite a few other options. (I'm not as familiar with Namco-Bandai as I am with, say, Capcom)

Like I said, tinfoil hat
My problem is that your "tinfoil hat" theory relies on claiming that another user said something that they (as far as I can tell) didn't actually say, meaning that you're basically dragging them through the mud if that doesn't happen. I'm probably taking this too seriously, but this thread has enough problems with fatmanonice without people falsely claiming that he "leaked" a certain character.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
It's not like those two are the only options for Bandai-Namco, though. Xenosaga might not have any games on the Switch, but KOS-MOS appeared in Project X Zone 2 (with Fiora from Xenoblade and several Fire Emblem characters) and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and if Cloud and Joker are any indication, that's enough.

Then there's Agumon (not sure if Pokemon vs. Digimon was as big in Japan as it was in the US), the Prince of All Cosmos, Jin Kazama (just because Heihachi's out of the running doesn't mean that Tekken as a whole is), and likely quite a few other options. (I'm not as familiar with Namco-Bandai as I am with, say, Capcom)

My problem is that your "tinfoil hat" theory relies on claiming that another user said something that they (as far as I can tell) didn't actually say, meaning that you're basically dragging them through the mud if that doesn't happen.
There's also Dark souls from Namco who have some chances of being playable.

venomthebest

Smash Apprentice

My problem is that your "tinfoil hat" theory relies on claiming that another user said something that they (as far as I can tell) didn't actually say, meaning that you're basically dragging them through the mud if that doesn't happen. I'm probably taking this too seriously, but this thread has enough problems with fatmanonice without people falsely claiming that he "leaked" a certain character.
My bad, I wasn't aware of fatmans infamous status.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yeah, that's true. I haven't played much of Dark Souls (I'm not the type to seek out games that I know to be insanely difficult), so I wasn't sure if it's owned by Namco-Bandai or From Software.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

And possibly Klonoa.
Maybe.

...Please?

If I may ask, what's the deal with fatmanonice? What did he do that makes him divisive?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, that's true. I haven't played much of Dark Souls (I'm not the type to seek out games that I know to be insanely difficult), so I wasn't sure if it's owned by Namco-Bandai or From Software.
From Software are the devs. Bandai Namco only publishes the games

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Yeah Dark souls is a Namco ip, Miyazaki (From software president) have said it in the past and also Sony owns Bloodborne ip and Demon's souls ip. The only one I'm unsure is Sekiro, I'm unsure if From soft owns it or it's Activision. Source: https://gameranx.com/updates/id/640...ined that the Dark,do a Demon's Souls remake.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

And possibly Klonoa.
Maybe.
peasants, the lot of you

PEASANTS, I SAY
Don-chan.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom