• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Regarding first parties, I’d find it nice if Sakurai revisited ideas/characters he had to skip before, seeing as that’s kinda what happened with ARMS (even if he only mentioned Spring Man being too late of an addition and Min Min being a special request).

So basically: #JusticeForChorusKids
Still praying for my girl Dixie.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Regarding first parties, I’d find it nice if Sakurai revisited ideas/characters he had to skip before, seeing as that’s kinda what happened with ARMS (even if he only mentioned Spring Man being too late of an addition and Min Min being a special request).

So basically: #JusticeForChorusKids
Ok but consider the following:

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
>Min Min gets chosen as the fighter, who was a spirit previously
>>Spirits no longer deconfirm
>>>Spirits are now eligible again
So, you're telling me there's a chance?
I block.png

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I did this for fun. What do you guys think?
View attachment 275972
Pretty cool, though I feel like he'd get at least eight tracks. Or we could have seven, because, y'know, Safer Sephiroth. I know Squeenix is pretty stingy, but six songs seems like a pretty small amount.
Am I the only one who thinks there should've been a second Smash Ballot?
Oh god, please no. The fandom's bad enough with any possible character being likely. If we hold a ballot, the fandom will tear itself to shreds. If you don't vote for my most wanted, you are responsible for them missing their one chance, so I am now justified in toxic behavior aimed at you! And once the winner is revealed, the salt levels will be absolutely astronomical. We don't need another ballot.

Last edited:

cosmicB

Smash Ace
So I've been thinking how Sakurai would have gone with Ninjara if Yabuki didn't intervene and say he wanted Min Min. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ninjara popular in Japan and nowhere else?

Could this mean something for future picks where no creator's pet exists and Sakurai just defaults to the popular Japanese pick? Say, choosing Yuri over Lloyd?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I could very easily be wrong, but I have a strong feeling these four are coming.
I'm a bit biased here, but without talking about if they're likely or not, I honestly believe that these 4 would please most of the community, or at least that's my feeling.

- Geno and Crash while not being first party, are two options that most of Nintendo fans would enjoy. Geno is obviously a long requested character that would appeal to the core fans. His Mii Costume hasn't appeared yet, which also helps him. Of course, the costume could return with FP7 just like happened with Heihachi, but so far it hasn't and that's a good sign for him. Then there's Crash, which is a really popular character in the industry since the 90s and has seen a strong comeback in the recent years. Besides, even if his popularity within Smash fans is relatively new, he already seems to be a really popular suggestion among the community.

- Dante and Chief would mostly please people who wants some third parties, and these two, especially Chief, would make a lot of buzz with their addition to Smash. Both are iconic and popular options, besides being influential in different ways: it may seems a bit obnoxious to say, but it's not stupid to say that Devil May Cry basically created a sub-genre within action/adventure games. Dante's now more popular than ever thanks to DMC5 as well. Then there's Chief and Halo. Halo: Combat Evolved, the first game, is usually considered the game that popularized playing online on consoles. Obviously that's not the only legacy that Halo has, because it's the flagship IP of Xbox and at least during the decade of 2000 Halo was one of the big FPS franchises out there. And I could be wrong, but I really believe that Chief would be considerably more groundbreaking than any character added before.

Obviously, other characters could do a similar job. It's not like it's exclusive to these four names, but the case is that I feel that these 4 could make a good balance in terms of pleasing different fans and tastes within the community. Geno and Crash fit more the cartoony and mascot side of Smash and Nintendo, while Master Chief and Dante would obviously fall into the 'realistic' side of characters of the game.

Also, they're from completely different genres, which I think is a nice bonus. RPG, platformer, hack and slash and FPS.

Just my opinion, of course.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I remember a guy specifically cataloging all of the fake leaks about Smash Bros. Ultimate and couldn't do it anymore after he hit the quadruple digits. He was truly the hero of our times.
excuse me i need to see this

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Am I the only one who thinks there should've been a second Smash Ballot?
Given that people are still claiming that the original Smash Ballot was rigged from the beginning roughly four years later, and that [insert user's personal favourite here] was the real winner of the Smash Ballot, yes, you might be.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
WHAT THE **** BLOODSTAINED COTM2 AND NMHIII AAAA

*calms down*

I must say, I'm genuinely surprised at how little outrage I saw for Min Min, I expected a lot more people to be pissed that Sakurai didn't go for an AT promotion but I've only seen like 3 people be upset at the lack of Spring Man

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Okay, here's how to fix Smash ballots. You get to vote for 5 characters you want in. You can't vote for the same character more than once. There I did it.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
I did this for fun. What do you guys think?
Though Sephiroth would be an interesting addition, to say the least, I would prefer for iconic non-FFVII protagonists/characters, such as Terra or the Black Mage, to get some attention before FFVII gets a second character.

With FFVII already being as milked as it is, I, well, just kinda think that some of the other games in the series should get some love, too.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Okay, here's how to fix Smash ballots. You get to vote for 5 characters you want in. You can't vote for the same character more than once. There I did it.
The original Smash Ballot was write in so that defeats the purpose...

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I must say, I'm genuinely surprised at how little outrage I saw for Min Min, I expected a lot more people to be pissed that Sakurai didn't go for an AT promotion but I've only seen like 3 people be upset at the lack of Spring Man
I think it's just that most ARMS fans are happy we're getting any representation on the roster at all. We really, really lucked out here that Nintendo decided to advertise it out of the blue three years after release, lol.

Plus, Min Min is super popular, so that helps.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master

*calms down*

Suda51 and his ****ing tricks to not directly show No More Heroes 3 gameplay lol

ZelDan

Smash Master

*calms down*

Whoa wait what's this about a Bloodstained COTM2?

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505

*calms down*

You're actually surprised people weren't angry at Min Min getting in? I thought it should've been evident by the smashboard polls, the twitter fans, and the fake leaks that people care for her more than Spring Man.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Am I the only one who thought the ballot was a good idea? It reinvigorated a lot of people and fanbases and just brought a lot of life back to Smash speculation. Without it, we may not have gotten Ridley, Simon, Richter, or K. Rool and it seems to have played a part in Chrom, Dark Samus, Hero, and Banjo's inclusion. The only time where the ballot period felt like it really got out of hand was the final set of reveals and that was mostly just the standard salt that comes with a Smash reveal that's not a fan favourite.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Yeah, and those people either think Marx is gonna get in over Bandana Dee (least ridiculous to me since, to be fair, Bowser and Ganondorf have their Final Smashes as bosses), somehow think the Spirits introduction from a year ago is now all a lie, or just want Twintelle's beauty more.

And by beauty I mean something else that sounds similar.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Whoa wait what's this about a Bloodstained COTM2?
No Miriam is ****ing dumb, she's literally the mascot
You're actually surprised people weren't angry at Min Min getting in? I thought it should've been evident by the smashboard polls, the twitter fans, and the fake leaks that people care for her more than Spring Man.
Oh no, I didn't expect people to be angry at Min Min per se, but rather "WHAT THE **** YOU COULD HAVE PROMOTED AN ASSIST NOW ASSISTS ARE STILL DECONFIRMS **** YOU". Surprisingly, none of the 3 laughing stocks cared about that

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman

*calms down*

I was thinking the same thing too. I'm guessing it's because there's a lot of overlap between the people who want AT promotions and the people who want spirits promotion.

Also unlike last time, there's actually a vocal fanbase for this character

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
No Miriam is ****ing dumb, she's literally the mascot

Oh no, I didn't expect people to be angry at Min Min per se, but rather "WHAT THE **** YOU COULD HAVE PROMOTED AN ASSIST NOW ASSISTS ARE STILL DECONFIRMS **** YOU". Surprisingly, none of the 3 laughing stocks cared about that
Oh, the lack of Miriam is indeed lame. Still excited for the new game though. Dominique being playable is cool.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

*calms down*

You should have seen in RTC, there were some Spring-stans who were... not pleased.

That being said I am glad since Min Min was my ARMS choice. I lowkey have enjoyed every DLC choice and got one of my most wanted and my dreamie :ultbanjokazooie::ultjoker:.

All I really could ask for to be fully satisfied would be Crash at this point. And I got a good feeling about him.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You whiners, without the ballot we wouldn’t have K. Rool, Banjo, Castlevania, them two echoes, and, allegedly, Ridley. (Even though Sakurai knew he was clearly popular beforehand so iunno). Oh and it was also probably a big reason all those vets came back.

Do we need another? No, they still have the data from the last they can use. Were people annoying? Of course, though it’s no secret that the fanbase is usually pretty harsh. However, I can handle the fanbase being slightly worse than its usual nasty self for another big handful of highly popular characters.

It was worse during the Grinch leak anyway.

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
I think another Smash Ballot could work on the basis that they're more honest with it. Instead of making it a "number one character gets in" it could instead be a "the most popular characters might get in." Instead of calling it an election box, they could rather call it a suggestion one instead. That's what it basically was last time.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You should have seen in RTC, there were some Spring-stans who were... not pleased.

That being said I am glad since Min Min was my ARMS choice. I lowkey have enjoyed every DLC choice and got one of my most wanted and my dreamie :ultbanjokazooie::ultjoker:.

All I really could ask for to be fully satisfied would be Crash at this point. And I got a good feeling about him.
Ever since I got tagged there I decided to check around for bad opinions, that's where 2 of the 3 are from

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I think another Smash Ballot could work on the basis that they're more honest with it. Instead of making it a "number one character gets in" it could instead be a "the most popular characters might get in." Instead of calling it an election box, they could rather call it a suggestion one instead.
They never said the number 1 character would get in, all they said was that it would be used as a reference for Smash 4 and the next Smash game. The people acting like it was an election were Smash fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom