• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Any of y'all know how to verify if a 4chan post was real? There's one floating around that could be interesting but it hasn't been verified yet.

Spatman

Smash Ace
Some are holding out hope for the Pokemon showcase tomorrow, as they said something big was being announced, many are figuring it could be a Smash announcement during it. Personally, I don't think it likely, but it is plausible.
no smash character was ever announced outside of Nintendo/Sakurai presentation. I don't see how it can be considered likely. In particular with a timing of just two days after the previous reveal

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Bamco sticking with just Pac-Man is just so confusing.

Like, with how much they've helped with this game and with both Smash 4 games, you would think they'd get least one more. So incredibly strange to me. Considering the options we have left, I'd narrow it down to:

Tales of: Lloyd is the obvious pick here given the fondness the Tales community has for Symphonia, but I also wouldn't sleep on Yuri: Dude's mega popular, and the rerelease of Vesperia only helped with that.

Soulcalibur: I will admit I have next to no knowledge of this series, so I can't comment on it much. I feel odds for it are decent, but if Tekken couldn't make it, I'm not sure about this one.

Dark Souls: Probably Tales' biggest competition. Barely anyone talks about it in the Smash community as well, which is kind of surprising to me. I wouldn't at all be surprised if we got a Chosen Undead Mii skin at the very least somewhere in this pass. It could very easily make it's way in as a promotional pick as well, assuming DS 2&3 Switch ports are in the works.

Taiko no Tatsujin: Don-chan.

Despite having yet to play the games, I'd love to include Klanoa on this list...However, to my knowledge, his series is kinda dead and he doesn't have massive fan backing like Banjo did, so IDK if Namco would specifically go with him.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Any of y'all know how to verify if a 4chan post was real? There's one floating around that could be interesting but it hasn't been verified yet.
I think I know which one you're referring to, and I've been trying to verify myself. Usually I use Fireden, but can't search it. Would love to know if that was real though. I think it's lucky guesses, but so much just--feels real.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think I know which one you're referring to, and I've been trying to verify myself. Usually I use Fireden, but can't search it. Would love to know if that was real though. I think it's lucky guesses, but so much just--feels real.
Yeah, Fireden is down for me for some reason so that's why I was asking, lol.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
let's put it this way

if any of y'all can find 4chan post no. 942121872 you get a cookie

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If this is legitimate, then it called Min Min getting in, as well as Vault Boy getting a costume and Heihachi coming back as a costume. Also, an 8th Gen Pokemon is not an implausible guess.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The only thing that surprises me in the leak is the Vault Boy Mii Costume. Other than that, I'll put it on the "Guessing Guru" wall.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People we just proved it was fake why did you share the image now people are gonna think it's real.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
This is probably inspect element.

Alright here's my take. Criticism is welcome.

Challenger Pack 7: Crash Bandicoot (Playstation Icon, new game to shill, popular request, E3 hype pick)

Challenger Pack 8: Rex (Popular request, almost guaranteed lock after Sakurai acknowledged that he would have made the base roster if XC2 came out during development)

Challenger Pack 9: Bandana Waddle Dee (Popular request, base roster and FP1 was chosen in 2016 during development and BWD's popularity and established role in the franchise have only increased with Battle Royale and Star Allies, Waddle Dees are iconic in Japan and BWD is the in-game representation of their prominence)

Challenger Pack 10: Doomguy (Bethesda icon, popular request, Bethesda talked with Nintendo a few years back, Vault Boy Mii Costume got in)

Challenger Pack 11: Lloyd Irving (Some-what popular request, niche pick, Bamco rep)
A pretty average pass for me. Crash and Doom Guy are cool but I'm indifferent to the rest.

The Assassin’s Creed & Fallout costumes make me think that Sakurai really does intend to make this the biggest gaming crossover ever, even if that’s not solely through playable characters.

What are some franchises you guys don’t want to see get a playable character, but would like to see represented through Mii costumes or spirits?

For me, I’d like to see Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, World of Warcraft, Starcraft, League of Legends & Gears of War. I don’t think those series would fit into Smash’s playable roster, but it’d be fun to see them join the crossover anyway.
Yooka Laylee Mii brawler
Lost Vikings Eric (Brawler) Baleog (Swordfighter) Olaf (Gunner despite him only using a shield)
Ark from Terranigma (Swordfighter)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Jesus Christ this is why people didn't share the image...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
People we just proved it was fake why did you share the image now people are gonna think it's real.
Jesus Christ this is why people didn't share the image...
If I didn't, someone else would have. Besides, who's that gullible over a 4chan leak? Literally everyone here is saying it's not very good.

Don't get your leaks in a twist just because I shared it when everyone was asking for the sauce. :239:

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Still waiting for the fake leak calling Otto Matic spirit event...

As for the above leak, its been proven fake. But if I had to choose a Pokémon to become playable, I'd go with... Coalossal.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Person: “Here’s a leak, turns out it’s fake”

Smash fanbase: “But what if...it’s real?”

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I remember a guy specifically cataloging all of the fake leaks about Smash Bros. Ultimate and couldn't do it anymore after he hit the quadruple digits. He was truly the hero of our times.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Monkey with a typewriter. Someone makes a fake leak but ends up being correct anyway. I'm super excited for my Frogger costume.

SKX31

Smash Master
Fake 4chan leaks are the Smash communities favorite topic, it was inevitable.

It also has the Wahoo Puppet, so that automatically means it must be discussed for at least 10.5 pages. :4pacman:
I tried turning this into "evidence" that the Smash community hates the Mario Bros. because they are plumbers...

...until I remembered that they haven't been fixing a lot of leaks lately.

Schrödinger's Leak.

Coming soon to SmashBoards.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Monkey with a typewriter. Someone makes a fake leak but ends up being correct anyway. I'm super excited for my Frogger costume.
I will say I am slightly disappointed, as I've always felt Frogger should be in Smash somehow. A game series everyone at my elementary school was very aware of, often playing it at school. Probably more well known than most on the Smash roster. But never knew how, and a Mii costume actually doesn't sound bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom