• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
That might have been a real project that got canned.

I mean. Retro studios had to have had some issues developing something. They haven't made a new project in years.
No it wasn't. A handful of insiders on Era like NateDrake came out and said the whole thing was just a hoax that people fell for.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The main trio and Veronica were designed by Nintendo staff, weren't they?
Their artwork (at least for their base forms) is done by Kozaki Yusuke, who while he has worked with IS on Awakening and Fates isn't with Nintendo staff and has worked on other projects. So theoretically it is possible that the artwork itself may be tangled up even if Nintendo/IS(/DeNA) owns the characters, but I won't pretend I know for certain how the ownership works.

I think a mobile game character is likelier than I want it to be. I haven’t played any of Nintendo’s mobile games though. I think Euden could be cool I guess but he’s swordsman / dragon just like Corrin so idk if that’s gonna trip Sakurai off or not. If a character from FEH gets added would be added would it be this guy? I see this picture thrown around a lot. If so what’s with the giant ****ing spoon View attachment 272180
That's just his Easter bunny outfit used for a seasonal, if they were to use Alfonse they'd likely use his base form.

MisterHollywood

Smash Apprentice
I never played ARMS before so when the character was announced I just looked at some quick gameplay and decided Min Min would be my preferred choice but I recently played the game with my friend who owns it and yo I want Dr. Coyle so badly now. Realistically what are her chances?
A1F475A0-DE4F-4DC0-9C21-C3F9BF9E1562.jpeg

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I never played ARMS before so when the character was announced I just looked at some quick gameplay and decided Min Min would be my preferred choice but I recently played the game with my friend who owns it and yo I want Dr. Coyle so badly now. Realistically what are her chances?
Not that likely tbh
I'd put any ARMS character that didn't already get content in Smash for the base game on a lower tier than the ones that did.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I never played ARMS before so when the character was announced I just looked at some quick gameplay and decided Min Min would be my preferred choice but I recently played the game with my friend who owns it and yo I want Dr. Coyle so badly now. Realistically what are her chances?View attachment 272185
Dr. Coyle just oozes so much personality.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I never played ARMS before so when the character was announced I just looked at some quick gameplay and decided Min Min would be my preferred choice but I recently played the game with my friend who owns it and yo I want Dr. Coyle so badly now. Realistically what are her chances?View attachment 272185
If I can be honest, it's an uphill battle at best. She's the closest thing ARMS has to main antagonist (unless you count Hedlok, but she made Hedlok and I got the vibe that he worked for Dr. Coyle) and she's very important to the lore (she's the head of the company that develops much of the tech seen in ARMS and she has a personal relationship with Max Brass). However, she also wasn't in the base game, being part of the final update that released in late 2017. That, at least to me, suggests she's considered too unimportant among the list of ARMS characters to really be eligible.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think a mobile game character is likelier than I want it to be. I haven’t played any of Nintendo’s mobile games though. I think Euden could be cool I guess but he’s swordsman / dragon just like Corrin so idk if that’s gonna trip Sakurai off or not. If a character from FEH gets added would be added would it be this guy? I see this picture thrown around a lot. If so what’s with the giant ****ing spoon View attachment 272180
oh, the spoon isnt why you see this alt a lot, thats for sure. But yeah as others said, thats a seasonal alt

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
While y'all are arguing over whose-its and what-ifs, I'M playing the better Nintendo crossover game.

Nintendoland.jpg

I can't believe we've fallen so far.
Nintendoland should have been a stage.

MisterHollywood

Smash Apprentice
If I can be honest, it's an uphill battle at best. She's the closest thing ARMS has to main antagonist (unless you count Hedlok, but she made Hedlok and I got the vibe that he worked for Dr. Coyle) and she's very important to the lore (she's the head of the company that develops much of the tech seen in ARMS and she has a personal relationship with Max Brass). However, she also wasn't in the base game, being part of the final update that released in late 2017. That, at least to me, suggests she's considered too unimportant among the list of ARMS characters to really be eligible.
Okay so don’t dog my **** for suggesting alt costumes for ARMS characters this is just hypothetical, but If ARMS characters were alt costumes of each other and Dr. Coyle was one of the alt costumes it would be cool if she used her unique voice lines if you were to fight Dr. Coyle against one of the other ARMS characters

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'd say she's pretty likely if being a spirit rules out a character for being playable. If being a spirit disqualifies a character, then I'd say it's either her or Max Brass from what little I've played of ARMS.

Though whether or not being a spirit disqualifies a character is not a can of worms that I want to open. Obviously, I have my preference on the matter since three of the characters in my signature are currently spirits, but other people feel differently, and let's leave it at that.

While y'all are arguing over whose-its and what-ifs, I'M playing the better Nintendo crossover game.

View attachment 272187

I can't believe we've fallen so far.
Nintendoland should have been a stage.
So many Wii U games should have gotten a stage at the very least. NintendoLand, the Wonderful 101, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze... I'd be interested to see what an NES Remix stage would be like.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If I were to add a Fire Emblem Heroes character, I'd pick Anna. She's a notable recurring character in the Fire Emblem series, so she doesn't and won't have the issue of being old and irrelevant like anyone from the Tellius series and backward*, she wields an axe in this game, so she wouldn't be able to be the target of anime swordsman haters (though there will still be hatred to her 'cuz Fire Emblem), and her roll as a shopkeep could lead to some creative ideas.

For example, Anna loves money right? So when you hit your opponents, money will pop out of them, and your goal is to collect it, just like in Coin Smash. For an extra cute touch, the type of currency can vary depending on the series your victim belongs to (Coins for Super Mario Bros., Rupees for The Legend of Zelda, Rings for Sonic the Hedgehog, etc.). And just like in Coin Smash, getting KOed will cause you to lose money. Now comes the fun part: When you collect enough coins, you can summon another Anna, and view her wares. Provided you have enough money, you can buy any one of her three items. Each Anna will have a cheap item that's only marginally useful (like a green shell or a boomerang), a medium priced item that's decently useful (like a Killing Edge or a Home Run Bat), and an expensive item that is very useful (Like a Bob-omb or a healing sprout). The Annas' stock will be different each time you summon one, so you can save up a lot of cash for a good item, but you will never know which selection you will get.

EDIT: I just realized this is literally just Shovel Knight's gimmick in Rivals of Aether...

*meaning, side games where they bring back everyone and remakes aren't the only time you'll see her moving forward.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Nothing new this week.

Seems to be a theme about royalty.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

The newest spirit event's theme is royalty, or at least people with crowns. I think the Melia spirit in the middle is new.

EDIT: never mind; it's an old spirit from Culdcept. I'm surprised that there weren't any new ones this time around - it's been over a month now since the Trials of Mana event. Still, it's better than relegating a popular character to spirit status unexpectedly, especially if spirits do disqualify characters from being DLC

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace

The newest spirit event's theme is royalty, or at least people with crowns. I think the Melia spirit in the middle is new.
That's a Culdcept character. Melia looks very different.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

EDIT: never mind; it's an old spirit from Culdcept. I'm surprised that there weren't any new ones this time around - it's been over a month now.
The center is Culdra from Culdcept

Edit: I'm getting :4greninja:'d left and right recently

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The center is Culdra from Culdcept

Edit: I'm getting :4greninja:'d left and right recently
That's a Culdcept character. Melia looks very different.
My mistake! I thought it was a new piece of artwork from Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition. It's been a while since I played Xenoblade 1.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey guys, did you know the spirit event is based on crowns this week?

I didn't see anyone talking about it so I thought I should let you know. :troll:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm personally betting the theme of Smash Ultimate's Season 2 will be videogame characters.

Seriously though, no major theme needed. Just grab 5 other video game characters out of a hat and your guess is as good as mine.

MisterHollywood

Smash Apprentice
I'd say she's pretty likely if being a spirit rules out a character for being playable. If being a spirit disqualifies a character, then I'd say it's either her or Max Brass from what little I've played of ARMS.

Though whether or not being a spirit disqualifies a character is not a can of worms that I want to open. Obviously, I have my preference on the matter since three of the characters in my signature are currently spirits, but other people feel differently, and let's leave it at that.
Considering that every DLC fighter so far had no spirits in the game until being added I’m pretty sure spirits deconfirmed for fighters pass 1. With that being said I think for fighters pass 2
it’s possible for characters to get “promoted”, fighterspass 2 clearly wasn’t planned to exist until like half way into the first wave of dlc so I think we’ll just have to see. New spirit events Most likely deconfirm though, like I doubt we’re gonna get a trials of mana character.

spirit events that happened during FP1’s cycle is a little tricky. I hope it doesn’t deconfirm because I want a resident evil character but at the same time if it does then we’ll (Probably) be safe from another pokemon

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I'm personally betting the theme of Smash Ultimate's Season 2 will be videogame characters.

Seriously though, no major theme needed. Just grab 5 other video game characters out of a hat and your guess is as good as mine.
Okay, so abstaining from ARMS since it would be futile to guess that:

FP7: Sora
FP8: Crash Bandicoot
FP9: Euden
FP10: Gen 8 Pokémon
FP11: Some big name 3rd party

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
And another stage that should have been in since Melee...

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
She's the main bad guy of the game and pretty much the most important character aside from the main guys, so if base game content disconfirms I'd say she has the best shot out of everyone that's left. But if basegame is fair play then she's kind of a long shot, weird to rep a series through its villain first.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And another stage that should have been in since Melee...

We got kinda close.

1589938102869.png

There have been numerous stages that confuse me on why they haven't been in the game. Like dude, where's my Wario Land stage? How long must Sakurai pretend that Wario Land doesn't exist?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Nothing new this week.

Seems to be a theme about royalty.
Did they run out of licenses for spirit board events? Because it's almost been over a month since the last spirit event deconfirmation.

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
I have an assumption for ARMS maybe Twintelle will be the choice because of her double arms duo combo can hold weapon and use her own ARMS punch.

Also I heard some rumour about Rayman but I doubt they are true. And finally Welcome to me I have finally a switch now and I have SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE ♥

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Did they run out of licenses for spirit board events? Because it's almost been over a month since the last spirit event deconfirmation.
I think many folks would rather it stay that way for obvious reasons.
We got kinda close.

There have been numerous stages that confuse me on why they haven't been in the game. Like dude, where's my Wario Land stage? How long must Sakurai pretend that Wario Land doesn't exist?
Had Wario been in Melee as Sakurai considered him, we probably could have gotten an Wario Land stage along with an moveset base off it.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Had Wario been in Melee as Sakurai considered him, we probably could have gotten an Wario Land stage along with an moveset base off it.
Nah, Fire Emblem didn't get a stage until Brawl and even then it was based off generic locations. RIP Melee's scrapped Altea stage, ye may never be missed.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Quick question: what have been the last bunch of Spirit Events with disconfirmations? I remember Trials of Mana being the last one, but before that?

Could Google this but I'm feeling lazy.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nah, Fire Emblem didn't get a stage until Brawl and even then it was based off generic locations. RIP Melee's scrapped Altea stage, ye may never be missed.
To think... Arena Ferox and Garreg Mach Monastery are the only FE stages based on a specific location.

Honestly, FE has had some bad luck with stages even if I love Castle Siege and like Coliseum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom