• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Alright, I added up all of the votes from the three categories I had you guys vote for and these were the 4 most want of each category.

Please pick the 3 characters shown in the picture above that you want to see get added as playable fighters in Smash the most.

Please try to pick 3 and not just 1 or 2 as doing so messes up the final tally. Thank you for your participation
Oh boy this is gonna be a doozy. Especially since I like almost every character in this list.

I'm gonna go with....
Waluigi, Steve, and Rex.
Honorable mentions go to Crash and Master Chief who were very close to being picked.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Alright, I added up all of the votes from the three categories I had you guys vote for and these were the 4 most want of each category.

Please pick the 3 characters shown in the picture above that you want to see get added as playable fighters in Smash the most.

Please try to pick 3 and not just 1 or 2 as doing so messes up the final tally. Thank you for your participation
Bandana Dee, Crash, Rex.

SNEKeater

Smash Master

For me it's Dante, Phoenix Wright and Crash.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Sora, Dante and Crash.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
The only relevant info in getting a character like Spring-Man is that, going forward, further promotions could happen. That revelation would remain unchanged whether he was the only one, or all six were. It's the people who take the evidence that something can happen to assume more will happen who will be disappointed.

But that's just in line with the already entirely too common habit of people putting the cart before the horse.

However, at the end of the day the important thing is that the rule got broken, and therefore won't be a factor going forward in series speculation. Though, I suppose if it is just Spring-Man, some people will try to form arguments over how he was an exception and the rule otherwise still stands, which would be annoying.
Obviously Spring Man will be chosen for having blue hair.

SKX31

Smash Master
Three great anime swordsmen.
Ah yes, can't wait for the Winter 2021 Masterpiece "DOOM: The Golden HALO Sun in Hell!"

(Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series and Bayonetta from the Bayonetta series.)

(Late EDIT: NGL Would love such an anime series)

Chief, Dante and either Waluigi or Sora.... *coin toss* Sora.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee, Waluigi & Steve.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

Rex, Sora, Phoenix Wright

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Crash, Phoenix and Doom Slayer.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Crash, Waluigi, and Rex.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
But Waluigi.

The heavy demand for him.

Make that two exceptions.
Waluigi isn’t an “exception” unless he becomes playable. I thought that was self-explanatory.

Who's to say that it couldn't be the case? They have 10 other characters they haven't made into Spirits yet. Perfect amount for a DLC Spirit board along with the five in the base game.

I'm just speculating. I don't need a justification for that.
None of those 10 other characters have much of an argument to break the trend of having the mascot/main character or cover pick. That is something that has always been the case.

Sure, they could. But why add a character who isn’t the main character, cover character, or most popular when it’s a mascot crossover?

As it stands, I don’t buy it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Dante, Bandana Dee, Steve

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

All of them except for Steve.

Since you're tallying them I guess I'll pick one out of each previous category. Isaac, Phoenix Wright and Master Chief.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Steve, Master Chief, Crash Bandicoot

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman

Phoenix Wright, Dante and Sora

The only ones I really want are the Capcom bois but I added Sora so we can have KH music in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Steve, Doomguy and Master Chief.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Rex, Dante, and Doom Slayer.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

Waluigi, Steve, and Bandanna Waddle Dee.

Apologies to Rex and Master Chief.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Waluigi, Chief, Hayabusa.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Steve, Phoenix Wright and Doom slayer.

ZelDan

Smash Master

Isaac
Master Chief
Crash Bandicoot I guess

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It's been over a month since PMD remake happened, but there hasn't been a spirit event yet. It could just randomly be taking awhile, like with Astral Chain, but... I want to hope.

KillerCage

Smash Master

Master Chief, Doom Slayer, and Phoenix Wright.

I just noticed that one of my choices is not like the rest.
EDIT: If you consider Master Chief and Doom Slayer to be similar to each other, I would drop Doom Slayer and put in Rex.

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608

Sora, Dante, & Rex

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman

I'd choose Bandanna Dee, Steve and Dante but Phoenix Wright would barely be a atom of a distance behind Dante

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
nah earthbound is just a sequel that repeats some beats from mother 1
It's the every Zelda game of the Mother series!

The talk about the ARMS fighter possibly breaking fan rules like no spirits or ATs as DLC certainly got me wondering how people would feel if said character was the only exception to that and the rest of Vol 2 were characters not present in Smash at all.
I mean, I would certainly PREFER that. It's just nice to kill the fanrule. I don't want it to become the norm.

I certainly wouldn't complain if Alucard or Zero got upgraded, but I'd rather see new franchises get reps.

If you have no justification, it's a distraction from serious discussion.
There's no such thing as serious Smash discussion. All Smash discussion is frivolous by default.

Ryu Hayabusa
Dante
Doom Slayer

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
It's been over a month since PMD remake happened, but there hasn't been a spirit event yet. It could just randomly be taking awhile, like with Astral Chain, but... I want to hope.
Now that I think about it, are any of the Pokemon spinoffs represented? I guess Detective Pikachu counts, but he had a movie coming out, and was only a Spirit. No music or anything.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Dante, Doomguy, and Bandanna Waddle Dee.

Though a quick look at my signature would make it clear why I found most of this to be a particularly easy choice.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Now that I think about it, are any of the Pokemon spinoffs represented? I guess Detective Pikachu counts, but he had a movie coming out, and was only a Spirit. No music or anything.
Generally, no. Unless you want to count the anime as a spin-off, then yes(and as other replies show, I forget about some things, heh).

Ash-Greninja however did debut game-wise in a demo of a main game, I guess?(note that it's an anime-first thing. And there's not a huge amount of beyond blatant anime references. Pikachu's fighting style is close, Jigglypuff's moves somewhat, Mewtwo talking but also its moveset is loosely based upon it, Pokemon Trainer deliberately references Ash and and the Anime in Smash 4's trophy, arguably it's Ash during Pikachu's intro piece in Smash 64 moreso than Red. Though Red doesn't exist in Smash, but maybe it's meant to be Red's Pikachu anyway? Pokemon speaking by name is a specifically from the anime. Goldeen flopping around is an anime-only joke, as that's normally Magikarp's job, even later on in the anime where it does the same thing, but less so as a joke and more when it's summoned and still battles pretty well most of the time. There's possibly more I'm missing). But that's a stretch game-wise. It's odd, cause Mario Kart gets a lot of representation, same with all the other Mario spin-offs. Sonic series does the same, with stuff like Sonic Battle showing up. Not just a bit of Sonic's moveset either. Not a lot of spin-offs are represented to begin with in some way. Which is too bad. There's a lot of awesome content from them.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master

Crash, Sora, and Master Chief, tha big three baby.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion

Bandana Dee
Isaac
Rex

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Snap got a trophy in Melee, and Detective Pikachu got a spirit. Other than that, nothing.

This would make PMD a "new world" of sorts...

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The more you think about it, the more Pokémon seems to be oddly underrepresented in the Super Smash Bros. series. Sure, it does have 10 characters, but most of them are from one generation (though most of them are important editions, and Poké Ball summons do help round this out), virtually none of the side series get any content (including the decently successful Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series which is weird because lesser series will even get fighters sometimes), and in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Red and Leaf are literally the only human characters represented in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom