• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Pick 3 characters to add to Smash.
Alright, now that I've had some time to decide, I think I'd take the big names: Bandana Waddle Dee, Rex & Pyra/Mythra, and a Rhythm Heaven character (I personally want it to be a conglomerate character called Rhythm Choir).

Man, just the names take 53 whole characters to type. :awesome:

Mobile games can scale up to 1080p and even have advanced stuff like ray-tracing (it kills battery life though).
This baffles me considering that ray-tracing melts computers that aren't the size of micro bacteria.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I’ve noticed this becoming a trend online, so I figured I’d make my own, because I’m bored.

I’m actually really curious who the most desired Nintendo characters are nowadays.
Captain Toad
Dixie Kong
Bandana Waddle Dee

They're pretty much my top three and I think those 3(and Waluigi...and Paper Mario actually) are some of the biggest Nintendo names not currently in.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Hello everyone! I have used SmashBoards a little bit in the past but now I think I might be here to stay. I've seen a bunch of conversations here and it does seem like their are a lot of friendly people here, unlike other websites *cough* GameFAQs *cough* 4Chan *cough*. Anyways, I thought as a good way to start, I decided I will predict who I think the characters will be in Fighters Pass Volume 2! :D

Challenger Pack 6: ARMS Character - This has already been confirmed, except for who exactly it is. Personally, I think it will be a Hero situation where they will choose four characters as alts of each other. Yes, I have played ARMS, but I feel like they could definitely have all of the character's unique abilities work. Personally, my mind is telling me Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, and Min Min are gonna be who they will go for.

Challenger Pack 7: Geno - I know, I know. This character is always on everyone's predictions, but 100% of the time, Geno has never actually come in to fruition. However, I think theirs a ton of signs pointing to this happening. First off, Ultimate has done a great job of including all the fan requested characters and the only other character I can think of that has been requested as long as Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie is Geno. Geno even got the attention from Sakurai when he included a Geno Mii Outfit in Smash 4, which has strangely not come back yet. Another thing is that Nintendo also copyrighted two tracks from Super Mario RPG, Beware The Forest's Mushrooms, the song everyone associates with Geno, and Fight Against An Armed Boss. Most songs that Nintendo has copyrighted ended up in Smash like MEGALOVANIA and some Banjo-Kazooie tracks. All in all, the stars seem to be aligning for Geno imo and he is the most likely he has ever been.

Challenger Pack 8: Travis Touchdown - I'm pretty confident about this one. No More Heroes III is a game Nintendo has been promoting quite a bit and with No More Heroes III being a Nintendo Switch exclusive, it makes sense for Nintendo to want to promote a game that is exclusive to their system, and Smash is the best place for that. Travis also has the benefit for not just being good promotion, but also being highly requested as well, which even caught the attention from Suda, who is a good friend of Sakurai. Suda has stated that next time he meets up with Sakurai, he will try to get Travis in Smash, and with their relationship, I don't see why either of them would turn down the opportunity. Honestly, Travis is the most likely character imo and I will be beyond shocked if he doesn't get included at this point.

Challenger Pack 9: Rex - I think Rex will get included for the same reasons that an ARMS rep was included. Sakurai has stated that he wanted to include both an ARMS rep and Rex in Ultimate, but due to how new those games were, Sakurai didn't have enough time to get them included. Now that we have an ARMS rep coming, then I think its very likely Rex could be coming as well. Not to mention the fact that Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition will be releasing soon, so it would be fitting to throw in another Xenoblade rep in Smash.

Challenger Pack 10: Rayman - I think people are sleeping on Rayman's chances personally. Nintendo And Ubisoft have such a strong relationship by including Star Fox in Star Link and making a Mario crossover with the Rabbids. Honestly, Ubisoft, out of any Western company, has the best relationship with Nintendo by far. If any Western publisher deserves a playable character, its definitely Ubisoft. And with the inclusion of Rabbid hats and the Altair Mii Outfit with Byleth, it seems like Ubisoft might have been having some talks with Nintendo. Rayman, out of any Ubisoft character, fits Smash the best aesthetically so it just makes sense. I'm honestly shocked more people aren't talking about Rayman because Ipersonally think he has a great chance of happening.

Challenger Pack 11: Gen 8 Pokemon - Whether we want it or not, we all have to be honest, we are going to get a Gen 8 Pokemon. Pokemon is literally the biggest multimedia franchise of all time so you know Sakurai would include a rep from Sword & Shield. However, most people aren't sure what Pokemon they will choose. If I had to predict the Pokemon I think it will be, I choose Rillaboom since he could complete the Water [Greninja], Fire [Incineroar], and Grass [???] starter trifecta. However, I could also see Toxtricity because he is a fan favorite and Urshifu because he could promote the Expansion Pass. Either way, a Gen 8 Pokemon is inevitable imo.

So, those are my predictions. What are your thoughts and predictions?
It's a pretty good list. I don't see Rayman happening since he is virtually unknown in Japan. Regardless I don't see Nintendo returning the favour to Ubisoft.

Sakurai could bring Rex and Geno but I don't know if Nintendo feels the same way about them since they're the one picking the DLC. Geno also has Square Enix to go through who don't seem to care about Geno and might put other characters before him despite fan requests. Sure they're not stingy like everyone says they are but they seem to be only interested if it's a character from one of their biggest franchises, hence Cloud and the Heroes.

Travis Touchdown could be possible if Nintendo promoting No More Heroes III means anything. Then again Nintendo have promoted Ubisoft and that hasn't resulted in them getting a character yet.

Overall I could see most of these characters getting in. I feel Geno has a good chance if Spring Man is promoted and they want to do more promotions.

I’ve noticed this becoming a trend online, so I figured I’d make my own, because I’m bored.

Pick 3 characters to add to Smash.View attachment 268579

I’m actually really curious who the most desired Nintendo characters are nowadays.
I pick none of them and choose

SGT. CORTEZ! YEAH! IT'S TIME TO SPLIT!
Cortez Oh Yeah I'm Read.gif

But if I had to choose... Paper Mario, Dixie Kong and Isaac.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State

Skull Kid is my most wanted character. Isaac would be really cool. I don't care much about the rest, but Dixie Kong makes the most sense for who "should" be in, pending further research on rhythm heaven moveset ideas.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Pick 3 characters to add to Smash.View attachment 268579

1stchart.png

Heartbreaking leaving Skull Kid out, for Waluigi nonetheless, but I know he'd make a lot of the people I play with very happy. Because they have no taste. :troll:

Hello everyone! I have used SmashBoards a little bit in the past but now I think I might be here to stay. I've seen a bunch of conversations here and it does seem like their are a lot of friendly people here, unlike other websites *cough* GameFAQs *cough* 4Chan *cough*. Anyways, I thought as a good way to start, I decided I will predict who I think the characters will be in Fighters Pass Volume 2! :D
Welcome! Hope you enjoy Fire Emblem.

Challenger Pack 6: ARMS Character - This has already been confirmed, except for who exactly it is. Personally, I think it will be a Hero situation where they will choose four characters as alts of each other. Yes, I have played ARMS, but I feel like they could definitely have all of the character's unique abilities work. Personally, my mind is telling me Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, and Min Min are gonna be who they will go for.
This is one of the most plausible outcomes, imo.

Challenger Pack 7: Geno - I know, I know. This character is always on everyone's predictions, but 100% of the time, Geno has never actually come in to fruition. However, I think theirs a ton of signs pointing to this happening. First off, Ultimate has done a great job of including all the fan requested characters and the only other character I can think of that has been requested as long as Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie is Geno. Geno even got the attention from Sakurai when he included a Geno Mii Outfit in Smash 4, which has strangely not come back yet. Another thing is that Nintendo also copyrighted two tracks from Super Mario RPG, Beware The Forest's Mushrooms, the song everyone associates with Geno, and Fight Against An Armed Boss. Most songs that Nintendo has copyrighted ended up in Smash like MEGALOVANIA and some Banjo-Kazooie tracks. All in all, the stars seem to be aligning for Geno imo and he is the most likely he has ever been.
I can't imagine this pass comes and goes without at least one fan-favourite. And with Square seemingly willing to play ball and the lack of some of the past costumes, it seems possible.

However, people really like to read into those two videos being flagged. But if that were truly meaningful, the same would've been done on other channels that host those tracks. However, it's exceedingly easy to still find them with a simple search on Youtube. Moreover, that channel had a history of Nintendo flagging one or two pieces so as to notify the uploader to remove the entire playlist. They said as much.

That theory really doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

Challenger Pack 8: Travis Touchdown - I'm pretty confident about this one. No More Heroes III is a game Nintendo has been promoting quite a bit and with No More Heroes III being a Nintendo Switch exclusive, it makes sense for Nintendo to want to promote a game that is exclusive to their system, and Smash is the best place for that. Travis also has the benefit for not just being good promotion, but also being highly requested as well, which even caught the attention from Suda, who is a good friend of Sakurai. Suda has stated that next time he meets up with Sakurai, he will try to get Travis in Smash, and with their relationship, I don't see why either of them would turn down the opportunity. Honestly, Travis is the most likely character imo and I will be beyond shocked if he doesn't get included at this point.
Well, you gotta keep in mind that Nintendo has never included a third-party for promotional reasons. They barely include first-parties for promotional reasons. People might invoke Hero, but the promotional aspect of that character was likely a stipulation from SE due to the serendipitous timing of DQ11's Switch release. Because obviously the Hero is not a character that needs to bank on promotion to be included.

So leaning on something that doesn't have precedent really on makes it, at best, possible. I mean, for years people have ascribed a third-party showing up in a recent game to an inevitable Smash inclusion, and that's never really panned out. Just for Ultimate people were saying it about Crash, Doom Slayer, Amaterasu, Rabbids, Dovahkiin, Neku, Solaire, Tracer, and any other number of characters.

The biggest point Travis does have is that Suda seems pretty persistent in trying to get him in. Now that we're getting third-parties around his level, Sakurai might relent. Though worth noting is that Suda's desire for Travis in Smash was never spurred by the fanbase. If anything, his persistence re-galvanized fans of Travis, considering the character has never had top-tier popularity or anything.

All that said, I wouldn't be surprised if Travis showed up, but I think a lot of the signs people are reading in favour of Travis aren't actually that important. I think they're overrating his likelihood a bit.

Challenger Pack 9: Rex - I think Rex will get included for the same reasons that an ARMS rep was included. Sakurai has stated that he wanted to include both an ARMS rep and Rex in Ultimate, but due to how new those games were, Sakurai didn't have enough time to get them included. Now that we have an ARMS rep coming, then I think its very likely Rex could be coming as well. Not to mention the fact that Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition will be releasing soon, so it would be fitting to throw in another Xenoblade rep in Smash.
ARMS and Rex are only related because Sakurai would've included them had timing been different. But now Sakurai isn't calling the shots. We aren't getting an ARMS rep because Sakurai now is able to go back and accommodate characters he lacked time for previously. We're getting ARMS because Nintendo chose ARMS. What Sakurai wants seemingly isn't a factor here.

And not only is Nintendo not promoting Xenoblade 2 right now, but they're actively promoting a different Xenoblade game. The path that ARMS is taking seems unavailable to a character like Rex. The relation the two have is only pertinent if Sakurai is helming things. And even then, it's not like one truly informs the other.

Challenger Pack 10: Rayman - I think people are sleeping on Rayman's chances personally. Nintendo And Ubisoft have such a strong relationship by including Star Fox in Star Link and making a Mario crossover with the Rabbids. Honestly, Ubisoft, out of any Western company, has the best relationship with Nintendo by far. If any Western publisher deserves a playable character, its definitely Ubisoft. And with the inclusion of Rabbid hats and the Altair Mii Outfit with Byleth, it seems like Ubisoft might have been having some talks with Nintendo. Rayman, out of any Ubisoft character, fits Smash the best aesthetically so it just makes sense. I'm honestly shocked more people aren't talking about Rayman because Ipersonally think he has a great chance of happening.
It's possible. You make solid points in Rayman's favour; the two companies do a good working relationship. And Rayman would presumably be the go-to character for Ubisoft. Lord knows they're on board with it.

But you also have to consider that, were we to get Rayman, it seems quite strange and potentially damning that not only would costumes from his company arrive in a different wave, but a character from his own series does as well. The pieces don't quite fit.

I mean, Ubisoft probably wouldn't get the Capcom treatment whereby they have so many costumes you'd break it up across multiple waves. Most people see the Ubi costumes as a point in favour of Rayman, but I see it as the opposite.

Challenger Pack 11: Gen 8 Pokemon - Whether we want it or not, we all have to be honest, we are going to get a Gen 8 Pokemon. Pokemon is literally the biggest multimedia franchise of all time so you know Sakurai would include a rep from Sword & Shield. However, most people aren't sure what Pokemon they will choose. If I had to predict the Pokemon I think it will be, I choose Rillaboom since he could complete the Water [Greninja], Fire [Incineroar], and Grass [???] starter trifecta. However, I could also see Toxtricity because he is a fan favorite and Urshifu because he could promote the Expansion Pass. Either way, a Gen 8 Pokemon is inevitable imo.
Yup.

Though I wouldn't place that much importance on the typing trifecta since that's never really seemed to be that pertinent to informing inclusions. And frankly I'd just completely disregard Toxitricity since the main thing his expectation stems around seems to be above-average popularity, which hasn't mattered for Pokemon for a long, long, long time. Especially since the choice would've probably been made last year before we even knew about the character.

So, those are my predictions. What are your thoughts and predictions?
I know it seems like I came down hard on your choices, but I actually think most of them are entirely plausible additions. Overall it's definitely more realistic than other potential passes I've seen. It's mostly just some of the reasoning I think is a little off-base rather than the selections themselves.

Having said that, we as a community are usually super terrible at correctly predicting DLC, so if the only character you got right was the ARMS one, that also wouldn't surprise me. I guess that's part of the fun. :laugh:

P.Kat

Smash Champion

Krystal, Pokémon (Garchomp feat. Cynthia), Rex & Pyra

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Isaac
Bandana Dee
Sword and Shield represented solely with the stage and music that comes with Eevee/Mimikyu/Lycanroc Captain Toad

SNEKeater

Smash Master

I'd go with Isaac, Dixie and a Rhythm Heaven character.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Sword and Shield represented solely with the stage and music that comes with Eevee/Mimikyu/Lycanroc
This makes me wonder...

I know Cosmic77 loves Zacian, but I think most people would prefer a Pokémon from a different generation. So, what is everyone's ideal Pokémon pick when disregarding likelihood. Pretend there's a gun to your head and you have to pick one regardless of whether you want one or not.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
There weren't 3 characters in that list that didn't either suck or deserve to be nothing more than ATs/Miis/Echoes...

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
This makes me wonder...

I know Cosmic77 loves Zacian, but I think most people would prefer a Pokémon from a different generation. So, what is everyone's ideal Pokémon pick when disregarding likelihood. Pretend there's a gun to your head and you have to pick one regardless of whether you want one or not.
Ironically it isn't the Pokemon in my username, but I would enjoy Garchomp being playable.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

Bandanna Waddle Dee, Rex, and Isaac.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
This makes me wonder...

Plusle & Minun.

C'mon it was a great idea back then and it still is today!

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
This makes me wonder...

Zoroark and Lycanroc are two I'd like to see in Smash, especially the former since Gen V was neglected on the roster. I think it'd be really cool if Zoroark had some kind of illusion ability that would completely transform him into any character, but taking damage would break the illusion.

As much as I want them though, there's very little reason for Nintendo to be interested in either of them now. There's no good excuse to promote Gen V or Gen VII in 2020/2021, and while both of them will be a part of SwSh's DLC, no one can deny that a Galar Pokemon would do a better job of promoting SwSh than a random Pokemon who's existed for years now. It's about as likely as Nintendo using Celica or Lyn to promote 3H.

If we get another Pokemon, I'm expecting a Gen VIII Pokemon with a Gen VIII stage and Gen VIII music.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I find Geno overhyped.
You could say the same for any character that's been constantly requested for years by fans until they actually get in. Some of these "legacy" characters or big fan wants are surprisingly simple.

I wonder who's the most unique between Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Skull Kid is my most wanted character. Isaac would be really cool. I don't care much about the rest, but Dixie Kong makes the most sense for who "should" be in, pending further research on rhythm heaven moveset ideas.
This 15 minute video pretty much gives you all of the source material available. As for how it would all go together, I'm not entirely sure yet. One of these days I oughta sit down an try to make a moveset for them. All I've got right now is the idea of a rhythmic conglomerate character in the vein of Mr. Game & Watch.
There's this really cool Rhythm heaven moveset that is very well animated on YouTube. This is by far imo the best Rhythm heaven moveset I've seen online. I also have my own moveset on a Google docs, but it's in french and I'm kind of lazy to translate it for now, but maybe eventually I'll translate it and rework it a bit.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
This makes me wonder...

For me, it would be Gardevoir or Roserade.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
This makes me wonder...

garchomp dawn.png

Listen, are we just gonna pretend the shark fused with a dragon isn't the sickest creature designed of all time?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Rex (because why wouldn't I?), Skull Kid (Majora's Mask is awesome), and Isaac if only for the Golden Sun peeps.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

Waluigi, Rex, Ashley

This makes me wonder...

Giratina, Garchomp, or Gengar
Any of the three big Gs would make my day.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This makes me wonder...

I've gotta go with this happy ghost.
Gengar dancing.gif

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
This makes me wonder...

I'd like either Scizor or Golisopod. They're both personal favorite and would fit very well in Smash I think. Also bug types need more love!

Goombaic

Smash Ace
This makes me wonder...

It's still Toxtricity for me, but Gengar and Wobbuffet follow pretty close behind.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
This makes me wonder...

I got the ones I needed most :ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultmewtwo:.

Honestly, if I had to make a Pokémon playable, I think Gardevoir would probably be my choice even though Gen 3 was my most hated generation. There are a bunch of cool ones: Scyther, Ursaring, Lugia, Buzzwole... but in terms of something the fans would like, I'd go Gardevoir.
Ooh, or Meowth, that's a great choice too. Maybe even better...

The real thing though is that my #1 most favorite just wouldn't work as a playable fighter. He'd work best as a Pokéball summon. But srsly, if someone got it to work...

ARCANINE, I CHOOSE YOU!

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Here's my new official predicshlist.
Ben Holts Fighter Pass volume 2 version 2.png

Photoshop credit: Evil Trapezium Evil Trapezium

Edit: Before Lesley complains about the maleness of this pass, I fully expect Spring Man to include Hero-style alts of Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, and Min Min. I also personally want Coco as an Echo Fighter for Crash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This makes me wonder...

You know what we need more of in Smash?

1.Aliens

2.Clowns

And do you know what I say to that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
This makes me wonder...

Heracross!

I don't want the only Johto Pokémon to be a clone of Pikachu, when Pokémon is lauded for its endless supply of unique fighters. Incorporating some moves referencing Beetle Kirby from Triple Deluxe to flesh it out a bit, and give it unique mobility options, and presto! You've got yourself a unique Pokémon that represents not only Bug-type Pokémon, but can also be used in Spirit battles relating to bugs.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
This makes me wonder...

If Isaac couldn't get in, Zygarde would be pretty cool.
View attachment 268598

Listen, are we just gonna pretend the shark fused with a dragon isn't the sickest creature designed of all time?
I think it looks pretty goofy.

D

Deleted member

Sure. I can do that. These are the three that interest me the most.

afasdfasfsa.png

This makes me wonder...

My favorite Pokemon would make few people happy. However, If I had to choose: Togekiss.

Yes I'd prefer this dumb blimp of an egg-sac to literally anything from the last two gens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord

Out of this list, I'm only really pulling for Paper Mario, so him. Then to appease the fanbase, I give them Skull Kid and Bandana Dee, so that we have a Zelda newcomer outside the Triforce and a Kirby newcomer who represents games outside of Sakurai's scope.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Hoenn and Unova: You guys have characters?
Blaziken, Plusle + Minun, Zoroark, and Serperior please.
I had an idea once where Zoroark would be a Chrom-esque Echo Fighter of Lucario where Zoroark's "aura" is disabled and his Side-B is Wolf's Side-B.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
This makes me wonder...

I want to give Gen 5 some represention so you can thank Pokken for my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom