• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Either way, I think Nintendo has lost interest in Wonderful 101. If we're talking about how likely it is for them to reserve one of the last five spots for Wonderful 101, I think it's about as likely as Codename STEAM or Ever Oasis.
Eh, never say never. Couple of days ago people were saying the same thing about ARMS.

If Wonderful 101 pulls numbers similar to Astral Chain or even Ring Fit and ARMS on the Switch, you bet they're making a sequel.
Finally, a good Nintendo character is coming to Smash Bros as a newcomer DLC. Glad to be wrong about this, ARMS deserves more love and it needs the Smash Bros push. How is it that this is the second new Nintendo series added to Ultimate?

Also multiple characters in one is not a great idea for this characters, each ARMS characters has unique personalities to are convey through their actions and looks. You can have 8 completely different personalities as one playable character, that would strip away so much personality.
Oh ****, wynn's back, he admitted he was wrong, and he's happy?

This is truly the character this community needed.
Stop drooling over your waifu and listen to the facts.

Note: I'm not bashing you guys.
You're really not good at not bashing people.
What do you guys think of this idea for the Arms rep's reveal trailer?
To be honest that trailer gives me PTSD, but I can't deny it would be fitting.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
It's not quite relevant to the current discussion but since FE:H got brought up, PSA for the future: it's well documented that mobile gachas get a significant percentage of their income from whales (people who spend an ungodly amount of money on the game, if anyone isn't familiar with the term), so you can get an extremely successful game, but carried by much fewer people than a game of fixed price with a larger playerbase. That's not to say there aren't enough FTPs playing to make the same playerbase and therefore audience size, but in order to know that we'd need a different statistic than gross earning.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
What do you guys think of this idea for the Arms rep's reveal trailer?
It was cute when they did it for Banjo’s trailer, but people trying to fit every new character into this theme is kind of lame. The concept works the one time, more than that and it becomes overkill imo.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Bit of a random question, but I'm curious.
Out of ALL the playable franchises currently in Smash, which one(s) would you add a new Fighter to?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Out of ALL the playable franchises currently in Smash, which one(s) would you add a new Fighter to?
Fire Emblem. Lyn.

No, I don't care she's the 9th Fire Emblem character.
No, I don't care she's the 20th Sword character.

She's cool

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1585442957936.png

Does being from Liberia make you an anime swordfighter?

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Dixie Kong for Donkey Kong
Chun-Li for Street Fighter
Impa and Midna for Zelda
Krystal for Star Fox
Tails for Sonic
Terra for Final Fantasy
Ms. Pac-Man for Pac-Man
Octoling for Splatoon
Elma/Rex/Fiora for Xenoblade
Medusa/Viridi for Kid Icarus
Yu for Persona
Lyn for Fire Emblem
Protoman and Roll for Megaman
Waluigi and Toad/Toadette for Mario

Last edited:

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
Yes. Revenue was not being compared, the sales of each game were. You don't compare 2 different units of measurement ever, that's a misuse of statistics.

Oh sorry, apparently i am just that stupid for defending Fire Emblem and for my lack of basic statitics, is not like my point was pretty clear anyway, specially when is super basic to talk about free mobile game units sold.

Let's move on to something else then, i hope this time i will investigate before posting, thanks for the advice.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Final Fantasy.

Even if I can only get 2 new songs with them.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Kirby - Bandana Dee
Final Fantasy - Terra
F-Zero - Black Shadow
Xenoblade - Elma and/or Fiora
Splatoon - Octoling
Kid Icarus - Medusa
Donkey Kong - Dixie Kong
Metal Gear - Raiden (Revengeance)
Zelda - Impa

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
just give me Elma

I'm no xenoblade fan, but she's got dual swords, dual guns, and a mech, what more could you want?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's not just personalities that are different, it's also ability. You have Min Min who's left arm can turn into a dragon and a deflect kick, Twintelle who slows down time while dodging, Ninjara who vanishes, Helix who changes shape, Dr Coyle who has a third arm, Lola Pop who inflates, Misango who has power enhancement; there's a lot of things that makes characters unique. Trying to fit them all into one mold strips always the many unique abilities which matches their personalities.

Also each ARMS character all have different grab animations, there's a lot that makes these characters different.
Well, here’s a crazy idea for a "gimmick" that I just thought of that’s in no way realistic (Unless Sakurai and his team are super crazy):

What if moveset wise, all the alts are the same except for two things: their Neutral Special & Grab?

Each alts Neutral Special is one of their unique abilities from their home game (Min Min's dragon arm, Dr. Coyle's third arm, ect.), same thing with their Grabs.

Again, this is probably very unrealistic and non-cost efficient, but it’s a cool idea.

D

Deleted member

I would add:

Dragonlord and Jessica from Dragon Quest.

Sephiroth from Final Fantasy.

Pauline from Mario.

Eggman from Sonic.

Rundas from Metroid.

Gengar from Pokémon.

Lyn from Fire Emblem.

Pharaoh Man from Mega Man.

Adachi from Persona.

Adeleine from Kirby.

Black Shadow from F-Zero.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
Ms. PAC-MAN (PAC-MAN)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Twintelle seems more popular than minmin from what I've seen. ID say she has the best chance
Twintelle being the first ARMS rep would be like if they made MMX Zero the first Mega Man Rep. When you think Mega Man, you think blue robots who shoot things. Mega Man fits this, Zero doesn't. This subversion of the formula makes Zero a prime choice for an additional rep, but a poor choice for the initial one. Same deal for ARMS - making the character from "strechy arm" game not have the trademark strechy arms would be odd.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Mario, DK, Zelda, Yoshi, Kirby, Star Fox, Pokemon, Earthbound, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, WarioWare and Wario Land, Metal Gear, Sonic, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Mega Man, Punch-Out, Pac-Man, Xenoblade, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Splatoon, Castlevania, Banjo-Kazooie, and King of Fighters.

I'd probably add another kind of Mii Fighter too, and depending on the day you ask me Jeanne as a Bayonetta Echo.

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman
Final Fantasy. More specifically.

While he has 0.0000000% I just really like Kefka and I also really like final fantasy and I think the music he would bring would be really good.

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
Twintelle being the first ARMS rep would be like if they made MMX Zero the first Mega Man Rep. When you think Mega Man, you think blue robots who shoot things. Mega Man fits this, Zero doesn't. This subversion of the formula makes Zero a prime choice for an additional rep, but a poor choice for the initial one. Same deal for ARMS - making the character from "strechy arm" game not have the trademark strechy arms would be odd.
Umm... she does have stretchy arms they are just in her hair. I'm sorry but this is a dumb arguement. To say that twintelle who is arguably the most popular character beside minmin doesn't represent the game SHE WAS PUT IN is rediculous

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I've heard just about enough of people bashing Rick & Morty!

It's a good show, it's not their fault their fanbase acts like Undertale-level turds!

I think FE is closer to C tier. Animal Crossing, Splatoon, and Smash aren't quite as big as Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda, but they're definitely bigger than FE, Kirby, and Yoshi.
Completely agree.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Umm... she does have stretchy arms they are just in her hair. I'm sorry but this is a dumb arguement. To say that twintelle who is arguably the most popular character beside minmin doesn't represent the game SHE WAS PUT IN is rediculous
PeridoGX's not arguing that she doesn't represent ARMS at all, just that she doesn't do it as well as the series's mascot does. You wouldn't put Ken in before Ryu, or Zero in before Mega Man (unless you're Marvel Vs. Capcom 3), and, in my opinion, you shouldn't really add any of the ARMS characters before Spring Man.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
It's not really a surprise considering how similar our tastes are, but still, we made the same pass in a different order. That's cool.
If I got these guys? I'd buy FP2 right this second.
I want Spring Man... like, WAY more than any of the others. His design is, I dunno, I just really love it. I'll take any of them but I hope it's Spring Man with a lot of other characters as alternates a la Bowser Jr.
It's nice to see Spring Man not get shot down, and someone actually like his design. I can't explain it, but his design just appeals to me. Not to say the rest of the cast looks boring. Far from it.

Mario - Waluigi, Captain Toad/Toadette
DK - Dixie Kong
The Legend of Zelda - Skull Kid (or Toon Zelda, whoever comes first, really.)
Metroid - Sylux
Yoshi - Kamek or Poochy
Kirby - Bandana Waddle Dee
Star Fox - Krystal
Pokemon - A bit too many to count here...
EarthBound - Ninten
F-Zero - Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh, or Jody Summer
Fire Emblem - A bit too many to count here...
Kid Icarus - Viridi
WarioWare/Wario Land - Mona/Captain Syrup
Metal Gear - Raiden
Sonic - Tails
Pikmin - Alph (separated from Olimar)
Animal Crossing - Tom Nook, K.K. Slider, or Mr. Resetti
Mega Man - Roll
Punch-Out - Doc Louis?
Pac-Man - Ms. Pac-Man
Xenoblade - Fiora, Elma, or Rex and Pyra/Mythra
Street Fighter - Chun-Li and/or Sakura Kasugano
Final Fantasy - Tifa Lockhart
Splatoon - Octolings

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Twintelle has a variation of the gimmick - her hair is the stretchy part. You wouldn't put a variant in when the original still isn't here.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Mario: Paper Mario, Waluigi, Captain Toad
LM: King Boo (if he’s the villain in 3 idk yet haven’t played)
Zelda: Midna & Wolf Link, Demise w Ghirahim, Ganon, Impa, Skull Kid, BotW Zelda w 4 champions, Vaati
Pokémon: Blaziken, Pokémon Trainer Blue, Genesect, Gen 8 rep
FE: Lyn
Star Fox: Krystal
F Zero: Black Shadow
Earthbound: porky
AC: Tom Nook
Sonic: Shadow, Knuckles, Eggman, Tails, Amy
MGS: Raiden, The Boss
Street Fighter: Bison, Chun Li, Gill, Seth
Megaman: Zero, Bass, Dr Wily
Castlevania: Alucard
Xenoblade: Rex&Pyra, Elma
Banjo Kazooie: Gruntilda, Mumbo Jumbo
DK: Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong
Final Fantasy: Sephiroth
Arms: Twintelle

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
America: "I like big butts and I can not lie!"
Yup..I mean, that was the Nintendo Switch's first year in a nutshell.

I doubt that
I don't. Remember that not all Nintendo/ARMS fans are thirsty and Min Min has a unique design and gimmicks.
I mean, Twintelle is my favorite, but I think Min Min is slightly more popular.
Twintelle has a variation of the gimmick - her hair is the stretchy part. You wouldn't put a variant in when the original still isn't here.
I mean, I would..and this is Nintendo, they aren't the most predictable bunch sometimes.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Lyn (Fire Emblem)
Krystal (Star Fox)
Elma (Xenoblade)
Blaze the Cat (Sonic)
Ibuki (Street Fighter)
Hotaru Futaba (Fatal Fury)
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy)
Phosphora (Kid Icarus)
Garchomp, feat. Cynthia (Pokemon)
Fi (Zelda)
Jade (Dragon Quest)
Yu (Persona)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
Twintelle (ARMS)

Last edited:

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Super Mario - Geno

Donkey Kong - Dixie Kong

The Legend of Zelda - Vaati

Kirby - Bandana Dee

Pokemon - Scizor

F-Zero - Black Shadow

WarioWare - Ashley

Sonic the Hedgehog - Tails

Mega Man - Zero

Xeno"Series" - KOS-MOS (if that counts, anyway. I don't really know if Sakurai would set aside a new "Xenosaga" franchise just for her when Xenoblade's already in the game)

Final Fantasy - Terra

Persona - Tatsuya

Really, those are the characters I would add to pre-existing franchises if I was in charge of smash, had a large amount of dev time, could secure all necessary rights to characters, and could only add one new character to each franchise.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Kirby: Bandana Dee

Yoshi: Poochy

Wario: Shake King

Zelda: CD-i Ganon

Pokemon: Toxtricity

Pikmin: Titan Dweevil

Mario: Waluigi

Sonic: Dr. Eggman

Castlevania: Death

Mega Man: Bounce Man

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
:ultmario: - Waluigi, Captain Toad/Toadette, Geno
:ultdk: - Dixie Kong
:ultzelda: - Princess Hilda (Echo), Impa (Possible Echo), Ganon
:ultyoshi: - Kamek
:ultkirby: - Adeleine, Bandanna Dee
:ultfox: - Krystal
:ultpikachu: - Gardevoir, Hatterene
:ultpit: - Medusa
:ultwario: - Ashley, Capt. Syrup
:ultsonic: - Dr. Eggman, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow (Echo)
:ultmegaman: - Zero (MMX / MMZ)
:ultshulk: - Rex & Pyra/Mythra, Mecha-Fiora
:ultryu: - Chun-Li (Classic/Alpha)
:ultcloud: - Terra Branford
:ultbayonetta: - Jeanne (Echo)
:ultinkling: - Octoling (Echo/Semi-Echo)
:ultsimon: - Shanoa, Alucard
:ult_terry: - Athena Asamiya
Xeno"Series" - KOS-MOS (if that counts, anyway. I don't really know if Sakurai would set aside a new "Xenosaga" franchise just for her when Xenoblade's already in the game)
I mean, he'd kind of have to since not only is Xenosaga a different series from Xenoblade, but its also owned by a completely different company. Having them as the same series wouldn't make sense, especially when we have Mario & Yoshi as separate series when they are much more connected (technically speaking, it could be argued, that Mario, Yoshi, Wario, & Donkey Kong are all part of the larger Mario Franchise).

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Perfect world: All that I have an idea for.
  • Super Mario: Captain Toad, King Boo, Goomba (yes really)
  • Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong, Funky Kong (02 Σ)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ganon, Wolf Link & Midna, Impa (16 Σ)
  • Metroid: Metroid (yes really)
  • Yoshi: Poochy, Kamek
  • Kirby: Bandanna Waddle Dee
  • Pokémon: Mimikyu
  • Fire Emblem: Caeda
  • Sonic the Hedgehog: Shadow (38 Σ)
  • Mega Man: Proto Man (46 Σ), Bass (46 Σ)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles: Team Elma
  • Street Fighter: Chun-Li, Akuma (60 Σ)
  • Splatoon: Octoling (64 Σ)

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
I gotta be honest here, these past two days in this single thread have been more fun than the last two months of speculation.
We are going back to discussing Nintendo characters instead of 3rd parties, we are assuming spirits/at no longer deconfirm (which is good to me!),
and most importantly, we finally got information on the next character who is joining the fight.
Yeah, this is really cool!
Or maybe Im just in a really good mood lately since we got Xenoblade info and because the game launches a day before my birthday

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
For starters, here's all the playable first party franchises in Smash that only have three or less playable characters, and also have plenty more characters from their home series that can be added...
  • Donkey Kong - Dixie Kong
  • Yoshi - Shy Guy
  • Kirby - Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Star Fox - Krystal
  • F-Zero - The Skull
  • Kid Icarus - Medusa
  • Wario - Captain Syrup
  • Pikmin - Louie
  • Animal Crossing - Mr. Resetti
  • Punch-Out!! - King Hippo
  • Mii - Mii "Specialist" (Mii Fighter than can use all moves from the other three, albeit not without drawbacks)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles - Rex & Pyra
  • Splatoon - Octoling (w/ Agent 8 and Marina Ida as alts)
Then there's these first party franchises that have more than three playable characters, so I don't think they necessarily "need" another one, but their home series still have potential for more fun characters...
  • Super Mario - Geno / Waluigi
  • The Legend of Zelda - Midna (either Imp form with Wolf Link, or Twili form)
  • Metroid - Spire
And then the third parties. Again, I don't think they "need" another character, but if given the choice...
  • Metal Gear Solid - Raiden
  • Sonic the Hedgehog - Dr. Eggman
  • Final Fantasy - Terra
  • Dragon Quest - Dragonlord
  • Fatal Fury - Geese

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom