• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Gotta be real, none of that stuff is super remarkable to predict. Isabelle? A DQ protagonist (unspecified) with no female alts after "Brave" was already known?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
This is the first time he brought up DQ protagonist without female alts and a female fighting game character.
October 11th 2018. It's way before the brave datamine and Vergeben's SE lists came out.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is the first time he brought up DQ protagonist without female alts and a female fighting game character.
October 11th 2018. It's way before the brave datamine and Vergeben's SE lists came out.
It's also worth noting that predicting a DQ protagonist with female alts was not overly commonplace either. People thought it could happen... no one said it would happen. He got the DQ protagonist correct, but he didn't really go against the grain. It's Japan, and there were already claims of a SE character.

I still don't think it's that remarkable.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This twitter guy is obviously suggesting Nakoruru.
A female fighting game character with a flying weapon and a game launching soon.
I don't trust this guy but it makes sense and actually fits with all the other stupid theories people have.
At least I've been starting to support Nakoruru before people thought it was the "cool" thing to do. Can't say I put much stock into that otherwise, but at least we'll find out for sure in a few months or so.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
So saying we’d get a DQ character with no female alts is this guy’s big claim to fame? Really? Has this guy predicted anything since then, or is he now magically back with predictions after his guess from last year turned out to be true?

“Oh ****, my “leak” from last year turned out true. Now I’ll ride this circumstance and make a name for myself like my hero LoZ18! Uhh... yeah my source saw a female character in the Pass! (I can’t give them a name or they’ll disprove it...) Uhh.... he doesn’t know who she is....but she’s from a fighting game! And uhh.... she has weapons that are projectiles! (I can’t say what these projectiles are though because people will know I’m BS..) Sorry guys, but that’s all the info I can give out now!”

I’m waiting for his “source” to get a C+D from Nintendo so he doesn’t have to make up stuff anymore.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
he needs to come with a new stage, and I can't think of any particular location people associate him with besides, what, a tennis court?
Waluigi Pinball.

We still need to think of enough music and spirits for him to come with.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So saying we’d get a DQ character with no female alts is this guy’s big claim to fame? Really? Has this guy predicted anything since then, or is he now magically back with predictions after his guess from last year turned out to be true?

“Oh ****, my “leak” from last year turned out true. Now I’ll ride this circumstance and make a name for myself like my hero LoZ18! Uhh... yeah my source saw a female character in the Pass! (I can’t give them a name or they’ll disprove it...) Uhh.... he doesn’t know who she is....but she’s from a fighting game! And uhh.... she has weapons that are projectiles! (I can’t say what these projectiles are though because people will know I’m BS..) Sorry guys, but that’s all the info I can give out now!”

I’m waiting for his “source” to get a C+D from Nintendo so he doesn’t have to make up stuff anymore.
Pretty sure there also was the Nintendo VR stuff.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Pretty sure there also was the Nintendo VR stuff.
I still don’t find that so impressive that I’ll believe him about the Fighter Pass that other notable leakers (besides the Paragon leak) have no idea about.

This guy’s source knows that a female character is in the pass, but can’t tell us anything about her other than she throws/shoots things and he thinks she’s from a fighting game.

I’m not sure how he would guess she’s from a fighting game unless it’s super obvious like she’s wearing boxing gloves or something but whatever.

But he can’t tell us what she looks like. If she has hair or if she’s even human. Can’t tell us what these projectiles are. Nothing. Even if he doesn’t recognize who this character is he can at least describe her.....no?

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I have a strong feeling towards the inclusion of Crash. I had it since DLC was announced. He’s going to be #5. Although my OCD wants it to be #4 cause: JRPG / JRPG / Platformer / Platformer.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

He claimed this back in October, before "Brave" was found in the data and before Vergeben claimed that SE was getting a second character.

Untouch

Smash Master
The more I look into it, the more Nakoruru makes sense...
SNK supported the switch VERY early on, the NEOGEO ports were some of the first games on the Switch.
Along with that, KoF and SamSho is REALLY big in China, a market Nintendo obviously wants to break into.

If Nintendo asked SNK for a character for the pass, it wouldn't be all that surprising if SNK wanted to push her when they're rebooting the series...

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
SNK supported the switch VERY early on, the NEOGEO ports were some of the first games on the Switch.
Along with that, KoF and SamSho is REALLY big in China, a market Nintendo obviously wants to break into.

If Nintendo asked SNK for a character for the pass, it wouldn't be all that surprising if SNK wanted to push her when they're rebooting the series...
I think that Terry Bogard is more likely if we are getting an SNK character because he is more iconic and popular.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Im still curious why Ubisoft is the odd one out in this, had they not had Rayman as a spirit in Smash Ultimate. I would have thought he had a good chance at one of the DLC spots. Why put their mascot as a Spirit? Unlike Koei Tecmo who only has one of their characters as a Spirit and not their mascot. Its a very interesting and odd situation that Ubisoft is in.
I feel like if we get a 2nd fighters pass then Rayman would have a good shot if Ubisoft were to get a rep since I don't think spirits would matter then. Also if Banjo is anything to go by, they're gonna go with the choice that fans want the most rather than just look at what franchise from Ubisoft sells the most

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Athena Asamiya, though

She’s literally SNK’s first mascot

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I still don’t find that so impressive that I’ll believe him about the Fighter Pass that other notable leakers (besides the Paragon leak) have no idea about.

This guy’s source knows that a female character is in the pass, but can’t tell us anything about her other than she throws/shoots things and he thinks she’s from a fighting game.

I’m not sure how he would guess she’s from a fighting game unless it’s super obvious like she’s wearing boxing gloves or something but whatever.

But he can’t tell us what she looks like. If she has hair or if she’s even human. Can’t tell us what these projectiles are. Nothing. Even if he doesn’t recognize who this character is he can at least describe her.....no?
Keep in mind that Vergeben was exactly like this during DLC speculation until he finally found out that Erdrick was in. We should at least keep the person under consideration because they could end up giving us a solid answer at a later date.

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
He claimed this back in October, before "Brave" was found in the data and before Vergeben claimed that SE was getting a second character.
Although, I agree this makes the leaker more credible (His riddle like format is still weird though), you are incorrect about Vergeben.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76928398?page=9#100
Vergeben's earliest claims of a second square enix character dated all the way back to August or September. I don't like Vergeben, but he was definitely was the first person to predict it.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I’m still waiting for someone to explain to me why this source can’t describe to us what this “female fighting character” looks like. He said she has “projectiles” but has he even told us what these projectiles are?

If he hasn’t then you want to know why? Because he wants to be as vague as possible to get as many people as possible talking about and speculating who this character could be and in return talking about him and his “leak”.

I’m not a Vergeben fan, but that guy at least gave us more than “male character who punches” or something incredibly vague to that extent.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I feel like talk of a second Square Enix character was rumored before E3 as being part of the main game. People talked Geno, Erdrick, Crono, Sephiroth, etc. quite a bit.

I'm also still not sure how all of these 'Erdrick' leaks compare to 'DQ11 Hero' or 'The Hero from DQ with alt skins' compare in terms of credibility. Yeah, Erdrick is in the game (The one people were referring to, mostly) but he's not the main one.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I think that Terry Bogard is more likely if we are getting an SNK character because he is more iconic and popular.
Besides that, the pattern of "main character first" has yet to be broken (Unless one considers Professor Hector the main character of the ROB games, but even so he hasn't been shown in Smash at all...)

Awakening counts, since it basically has three main characters. Even Dragon Quest isn't exempted from this, seeing as people asked more for the secondary characters.

So I think we'd sooner see Haohmaru, since he is the de facto protagonist of Samurai Shodown. Though at least this rumor may get more people to support Nakoruru, I guess.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Well, the new Samsho game could potentially end up being SNK's best and it wouldn't be much of a surprise if SNK had the opportunity to speak to Nintendo to have a rep (from Samurai Shodown) in Smash depending on its success.

I think in terms of SNK candidates, I would say I'm fine with either Kyo Kusanagi, Terry Bogard, Mai Shiranui or Nakoruru.

So I think we'd sooner see Haohmaru, since he is the de facto protagonist of Samurai Shodown. Though at least this rumor may get more people to support Nakoruru, I guess.
Whilst Haohmaru is considered as the main protagonist of Samurai Shodown, he is not quite as popular as Nakoruru.

https://www.gamereactor.eu/here-are-the-ten-most-popular-snk-characters/

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Wait, he went to Nintendo and saw the Fighters Pass characters there?
Isn't Smash Ultimate developed at Namco?
Or am I missing something here...?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think the person missing something is this Mr. H. Maybe the H stands for Hoax.

Nquoid

Smash Ace
I'm enjoying all these leaks. It's like Schrodinger's cat. They're all true and fake at the same time.

Except for the fact that all of them are almost definitely fake.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC

Dude's flip-flopping. Did he get his info from someone at Bamco, like he said few months back, or did he get his info from a friend at Nintendo?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I think we should all just stop listening to this niconico/Mr. H clown. It's obvious that they're just sending everyone on a frantic goose chase for the sake of attention.

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
What would everyone's most disappointing likely characters be for the last two characters?
Not a character who would be disappointing to everyone like if we got Pepsiman or something stupid. But someone like Doomslayer or Leon that you know is big but not your cup of tea.
Anyone from Undertale.
The series isn't even 4 years old yet. It lacks even a fraction of the legacy other third-parties in Smash have. I'm not saying the series will be forgotten in 5 years or anything, but it would just feel completely wrong to me if a series so recent made it into gaming's hall of fame.
If the standards were to change that much, why not get Fortnite guy in the game? Or Freddy Fazbear?

Before anyone brings up Bayonetta or Joker: The former is a case of Nintendo stepping in to help a series out. Thus giving Bayonetta a connection with Nintendo. Oh, and she (allegedly) won the ballot too.
And the game Joker came from may have been new, but Persona itself has been going since 1996. And its parent series, Megami Tensei, has been going since 87.
And obviously first-party series are a different thing entirely.

No one else who's name is getting floated around would disappoint me very much.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
These are characters I'm feeling that are most likely to be the final two.

-Crash Bandicoot
-Doom Slayer
-Elma (The odds maybe against her but **** it I'm not giving up on her!)
-Lloyd Irving
-Phoenix Wright
-Resident Evil rep (Jill or Leon)
-Ryu Hayabusa

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
These are characters I'm feeling that are most likely to be the final two.

-Crash Bandicoot
-Doom Slayer
-Elma (The odds maybe against her but **** it I'm not giving up on her!)
-Lloyd Irving
-Phoenix Wright
-Resident Evil rep (Jill or Leon)
-Ryu Hayabusa
I think if Elma got in it would be after the Fighter Pass. But it would be sweet if when she got announced we get a Xenoblade X port for the Switch.

I loved XC2 and have put more than 300 hours into it. I really want to play XCX. I had it for my Wii U, but I hardly ever played that consoles and ended up selling it. Really would like to give it another go.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Veering away from the recent "leaks", here's my extra two cents on a possible dlc theory scenario (conspiracy HARD).

What if Sakurai, within the two dlc reveals in the past E3 2019 Nintendo Direct, already teased the last two fighters?

The reveal for Dragon Quest's Hero started off with Dharkon appearing onscreen. Now, upon further thought, an idea came to mind. There is in fact a notorious character who possesses a weapon that shares a distinctive quality to Dharkon (namely the eye). Below exhibits A and B.

The initial appearance of Dharkon in Hero's reveal may have potentially hinted at none other than Nightmare from Soul Calibur as one of the two remaining DLC fighters. Namco-Bandai only having Pac-Man as its sole roster representative, the demonic swordsman could be the second rep. Certainly the fact that he's a "swordsman" may be seen with disapproving eyes, but his play style could be a vicious one (like in SC). Think, "what if Ganondorf's moves were mainly sword actions, with stance changes?". In addition to, they could give him Siegfried alt skins, and in regards to play-style, I suppose their Soul Calibur 2/3 iterations would be best since they pretty much shared the same moveset.

Now, in regards to Banjo-Kazooie's reveal trailer, it is know that considerable part of it was a repeat from King K. Rool's reveal trailer, prior to the game's launch. Both took place of course within the jungle setting (namely DK Island). Also, in both trailers before the actual fighters appeared, King Dedede and Duck Hunt (respectively) removed their disguise, trolling spectators. However, in order to recreate the expected fighters' silhouettes, they used certain items. King Dedede used what seemed to be a Kremling skull or mask, while Duck Hunt used red feathers. Both a mask (in this case a wooden mask) and feathers, if used together could make a distinctive mask which is well known among Bandicoot fans. Following are Exhibits C, D, and E.

The concept of "disguise", the "jungle" setting, the "mask", the "feathers", adding the external factors of N'Sane Trilogy (available now), and Crash Team Racing (coming soon), and one of the remaining DLC fighter tab colors potentially being "orange"; the trailer may have subliminally hinted at Crash Bandicoot also being one of the last remaining DLC fighters.

Apologies for this crazy theory tho. :mybodyisreggie:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
****! ****! ****!

If Nightmare were to be true I'd lose my ****!

He's also perfect for the first 3rd party villain to join and it'd also return the favor of Link being in the GameCube version of Soulcalibur II.

Him and Crash would both be icing on cake if they were the final two! Ys you better be right. I want this to be true!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Veering away from the recent "leaks", here's my extra two cents on a possible dlc theory scenario (conspiracy HARD).

What if Sakurai, within the two dlc reveals in the past E3 2019 Nintendo Direct, already teased the last two fighters?

The reveal for Dragon Quest's Hero started off with Dharkon appearing onscreen. Now, upon further thought, an idea came to mind. There is in fact a notorious character who possesses a weapon that shares a distinctive quality to Dharkon (namely the eye). Below exhibits A and B.

The initial appearance of Dharkon in Hero's reveal may have potentially hinted at none other than Nightmare from Soul Calibur as one of the two remaining DLC fighters. Namco-Bandai only having Pac-Man as its sole roster representative, the demonic swordsman could be the second rep. Certainly the fact that he's a "swordsman" may be seen with disapproving eyes, but his play style could be a vicious one (like in SC). Think, "what if Ganondorf's moves were mainly sword actions, with stance changes?". In addition to, they could give him Siegfried alt skins, and in regards to play-style, I suppose their Soul Calibur 2/3 iterations would be best since they pretty much shared the same moveset.

Now, in regards to Banjo-Kazooie's reveal trailer, it is know that considerable part of it was a repeat from King K. Rool's reveal trailer, prior to the game's launch. Both took place of course within the jungle setting (namely DK Island). Also, in both trailers before the actual fighters appeared, King Dedede and Duck Hunt (respectively) removed their disguise, trolling spectators. However, in order to recreate the expected fighters' silhouettes, they used certain items. King Dedede used what seemed to be a Kremling skull or mask, while Duck Hunt used red feathers. Both a mask (in this case a wooden mask) and feathers, if used together could make a distinctive mask which is well known among Bandicoot fans. Following are Exhibits C, D, and E.

The concept of "disguise", the "jungle" setting, the "mask", the "feathers", adding the external factors of N'Sane Trilogy (available now), and Crash Team Racing (coming soon), and one of the remaining DLC fighter tab colors potentially being "orange"; the trailer may have subliminally hinted at Crash Bandicoot also being one of the last remaining DLC fighters.

Apologies for this crazy theory tho. :mybodyisreggie:
Fun theory, but there are some issues with it.

Dharkon was most likely selected in the Hero trailer due to the fact that the final bosses of the games being the Demon Lord.

BK trailer was most likely due to modern DK, Diddy and K. Rool being product of Rare involvement in the game and the jokes of BK and DH being clones.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Fun theory, but there are some issues with it.

Dharkon was most likely selected in the Hero trailer due to the fact that the final bosses of the games being the Demon Lord.

BK trailer was most likely due to modern DK, Diddy and K. Rool being product of Rare involvement in the game and the jokes of BK and DH being clones.
Noooo god dammit don't shatter my dreams for those being the final two...:crying:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If Nightmare and Crash are in, I hope these things aren't going to be treated as actual teases.

I already learned my lesson about grasping at straws with the fantastical chairs. I doubt the stuff in the trailers were anything more than stuff used to make the trailers more-appealing.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm just...not gonna put any stock into any theories as most of them end up false anyway

just sit back and watch what happens

StormC

Smash Hero
The "each Smash game gets a character voiced by Jun Fukuyama as DLC" theory still holds true.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Say that Crash and Nightmare are indeed the final two.

How would you guys overall rate the Season Pass for each character?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

To be honest I'd find any Soul Calibur rep kinda disappointing, considering the competition. I don't think Soul Calibur is a series that needs to be in Smash.

Crash would be dope tho.

StormC

Smash Hero

Just in terms of my own enjoyment?

Joker: A
Hero: C
Banjo-Kazooie: S
Crash Bandicoot: B
Nightmare: C

Banjo and Persona were my two favorite franchises that had yet to be in Smash. Crash would be dope for the Mario/Sonic/Crash crossover angle.

I have no attachment to Dragon Quest or Soul Calibur but both Hero and Nightmare would be fine character choices in their own right.

Overall I'd say it would be fantastic and well worth the money. I'd argue it already is with the three we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom