• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Since you brought him up, i have a crazy theroy.

Have you ever noticed similarities between characters? I don't mean echoes or clones or characters re-ussing animations, but as it tropes and ideas a character uses. Back in Melee, we had Shiek, a ninja-like character, and another one in 4 with Greninja. Those characters tell us some of the ideas Sakurai is interesed that he revisist from time to time, and sometimes it feels like it gives us a picture as to what Sakurai wants from a character.

Shiek's Chain pre-Smash 4? That's like Simon's whip from SCIV (Sakurai said himself that Castlevania made a big impact of him, so i wouldn't be surprised he took inspiration from the franchise and made nods to it before Simon's debut in Ult, after all Sakurai referenced Street Fighter in Super Star with the Fighter copy ability) Yoshi's Side B and Jiggly's rollout? Basically Proto-Spindash (Sonic was conisdered in Melee even) Some characters as a whole embody ideas that are similar to other characters. Smash 4 Zero Suit Samus gives Bayonetta vibes with all the things they added to her, from the Heels to the Beauty Mark, to the new Side Smash and Up Special. So much so that her All Star Congratulations Picture is a Bayonetta reference (before Bayo herself was even confirmed). Duck Hunt is basically Proto-Banjo at this point in my eyes, it would explain why the Duck is always mounted on the Dog, which is an idea i have only see Sakurai use, other pre-Smash 4 fan movesets i have seen for Duck Hunt used the Duck to much lesser extents (and especially not in the way they are used in Smash officially)

Where im going with this, is that Sakurai likely wants a Ninja Character in Smash, no only he has toyed with this idea, but now he has a basis for said Theorical Ninja character thanks to Shiek and Gren, so development time could go smoother than usual (Hero clearly takes attacks from other sword users like Link's Dash attack, and Joker takes a lot of character animations, as a tweet once showcased)

That's why i think Ryu could stand a chance, because his archetype a Ninja warrior is something that Sakurai likes (he even added a Ninja Copy Ability in Super Star) and he has used this idea before, but only in the more superficial "super agile fragile character" style, he probably would like to go full Ninja with everything that embodies one like Ninjutsu abilities or other Ninja Weapons, and Ryu fits the bill.

And no i don't Shiek and Greninja "already beign Ninjas in Smash" hurt his chances, if anything they make him more likely (plus if an archetype makes a character more unlikely i seriously dobut we would have so many sword users)

This is an interesting theory and I can definitely see it playing out. Not to mention if we are continuing your theory. The Mii brawler has a side grab that’s sort of similar to Ryu Hayabusa’s Izuna drop. Or how the Mii sword fighter has shuriken.

If he were added I can see some animations from previous characters being used as inspirations for his moves. Like how Wolf copied some animations from Sonic or how Roy and Ike have similar animations, etc.

I can definitely see your theory playing out and you are correct it definitely seems like Sakurai is toying with the idea of a full fledged ninja in Smash Bros.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I always said to my friends that it felt like Greninja was only added because they couldn't get the rights to Hayabusa. Look at that final smash and tell me it isn't perfect for him.

That said, I feel that this go around they're trying to make unique gimmicks for each fighter. We have the Rebellion Gauge and comeback mechanic for Joker, the menu and MP system for Hero, and what seems to be ammo for Banjo.

It's a good post and theory.
I see Greninja's Final Smash more like Strider Hiryu's Ragnarok if anything (and Strider is pretty much Ninja-like in nature, hell i think they even share the same seiyuu)

As for Ryu's gimmick, i think his wall climbing ability would suffice.

This is an interesting theory and I can definitely see it playing out. Not to mention if we are continuing your theory. The Mii brawler has a side grab that’s sort of similar to Ryu Hayabusa’s Izuna drop. Or how the Mii sword fighter has shuriken.

If he were added I can see some animations from previous characters being used as inspirations for his moves. Like how Wolf copied some animations from Sonic or Ike and Roy etc.

I can definitely see your theory playing out and you are correct it definitely seems like Sakurai is toying with the idea of a full fledged ninja in Smash Bros.
If Ryu gets the Izuna drop, i suspect it beign an Up Throw like Kirby (Kirby's Up Throw comes from the Ninja Ability in Super Star)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I love Fio so much. I know her only shot is as a Marco echo but she is my favorite SNK pick.

My hot take is that Ezio is more iconic than Rayman overall, and that it wouldn't surprise me to see him make it in especially if there are future passes.
Actually, I could see them take the Hero route with her while Marco serves as the base, seeing how she Marco and the rest of the Peregrine Falcons used to have similar attributes in early Metal Slug games. It helps that 4 of the members are undeniably the most iconic.

That being said, it does help that Xander had reportedly said Ezio's name during the anti-leak measures that were taken (the guy was given a ton of character names to announce, without knowing who got in).

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I see Greninja's Final Smash more like Strider Hiryu's Ragnarok if anything (and Strider is pretty much Ninja-like in nature, hell i think they even share the same seiyuu)

As for Ryu's gimmick, i think his wall climbing ability would suffice.

If Ryu gets the Izuna drop, i suspect it beign an Up Throw like Kirby (Kirby's Up Throw comes from the Ninja Ability in Super Star)
Agree considering his Izuna drop starts with him launching the opposing character in the air and then grabbing them.

Also I checked Mii Brawlers suplex move and it’s really interesting how similar it is to the Izuna drop. I played them both side by side and the only major difference is Ryu launches his opponent and instead of coming straight down. He slams his opponent in a corkscrew like motion.

It’s definitely interesting, and I definitely think your theory is really interesting. In fact i remember many people argued that Banjo-Kazooie wouldn’t be that hard to animate as they could use inspiration from Duck Hunt dog. And the Hero definitely gives me Link and Robin vibes. So you never know perhaps Sakurai has been figuring out a way to put Ryu Hayabusa in Smash.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Since you brought him up, i have a crazy theroy.

Have you ever noticed similarities between characters? I don't mean echoes or clones or characters re-ussing animations, but as it tropes and ideas a character uses. Back in Melee, we had Shiek, a ninja-like character, and another one in 4 with Greninja. Those characters tell us some of the ideas Sakurai is interesed that he revisist from time to time, and sometimes it feels like it gives us a picture as to what Sakurai wants from a character.

Shiek's Chain pre-Smash 4? That's like Simon's whip from SCIV (Sakurai said himself that Castlevania made a big impact of him, so i wouldn't be surprised he took inspiration from the franchise and made nods to it before Simon's debut in Ult, after all Sakurai referenced Street Fighter in Super Star with the Fighter copy ability) Yoshi's Side B and Jiggly's rollout? Basically Proto-Spindash (Sonic was conisdered in Melee even) Some characters as a whole embody ideas that are similar to other characters. Smash 4 Zero Suit Samus gives Bayonetta vibes with all the things they added to her, from the Heels to the Beauty Mark, to the new Side Smash and Up Special. So much so that her All Star Congratulations Picture is a Bayonetta reference (before Bayo herself was even confirmed). Duck Hunt is basically Proto-Banjo at this point in my eyes, it would explain why the Duck is always mounted on the Dog, which is an idea i have only see Sakurai use, other pre-Smash 4 fan movesets i have seen for Duck Hunt used the Duck to much lesser extents (and especially not in the way they are used in Smash officially)

Where im going with this, is that Sakurai likely wants a Ninja Character in Smash, no only he has toyed with this idea, but now he has a basis for said Theorical Ninja character thanks to Shiek and Gren, so development time could go smoother than usual (Hero clearly takes attacks from other sword users like Link's Dash attack, and Joker takes a lot of character animations, as a tweet once showcased)

That's why i think Ryu could stand a chance, because his archetype a Ninja warrior is something that Sakurai likes (he even added a Ninja Copy Ability in Super Star) and he has used this idea before, but only in the more superficial "super agile fragile character" style, he probably would like to go full Ninja with everything that embodies one like Ninjutsu abilities or other Ninja Weapons, and Ryu fits the bill.

And no i don't Shiek and Greninja "already beign Ninjas in Smash" hurt his chances, if anything they make him more likely (plus if an archetype makes a character more unlikely i seriously dobut we would have so many sword users)
Sakurai directed Kirby's Adventure and Kirby Superstar.
Kirby's Adventure featured a boss who created stuff by painting it on a canvas (Paint Roller), and Kirby Superstar had another boss based on a similar concept, using computer windows instead of a canvas (Computer Virus).
In Super Smash Bros Brawl, there was a stage based on Pictochat, where the drawings became solid and had real effects on the stage.
The stage returned in Smash 4 as well, in the 3DS version of the game, as PictoChat 2.
Additionally, in the Wario Ware stage "Gamer", 5-volt can occasionally pop-out from the TV screen or from a canvas, following the "picture becomes real" theme.
In Smash Ultimate, there is an assist trophy who has very similar effects as the Pictochat stage, that's Nikki. She draws stuff on screen, and that stuff becomes solid and animated.
Not just that, there's also Vince, that appears on stage with an easel; the picture he draws on the canvas starts floating around and becomes an attack.

Another thing is that in Brawl, King Dedede was able to summon Waddle Dees, who were almost useless, but they were minions with AIs. This in addition to the whole Pokèmon/Assist Trophies mechanics, and the helper mechanics in Kirby Superstar (or, as a stretch, to the Ice Climbers, Pikmin and Luma gimmicks). I think that he's not opposed to the idea of being able to summon a companion who fights at your side.

So, Sakurai would probably be interested in developing a character like Adeleine... unless he actually has someting against her character specifically.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
About female with projectiles, would a bird count as a projectile?
Edit btw, Im just speculating for fun. Doubt on the dude's but its great to fit characters into puzzle leaks just for fun.
Sorry have not scrolled through all the posts yet. Which leak/rumor was saying female with projectiles? Because I know one thats all about projectiles.

Th145Reimu2.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Agree considering his Izuna drop starts with him launching the opposing character in the air and then grabbing them.

Also I checked Mii Brawlers suplex move and it’s really interesting how similar it is to the Izuna drop. I played them both side by side and the only major difference is Ryu launches his opponent and instead of coming straight down. He slams his opponent in a corkscrew like motion.
I've always had the thought that his Up Special would be an upwards slash that combos into an Izuna Drop like the Ninja Gaiden games. Whether if that'd be a good recovery or not is debatable, but I like the idea of that being his Up Special.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
These seem to be the frontrunners

2nd Bandai Namco rep: Heihachi Mishima, Lloyd Irving, KOS-MOS, Nightmare/Siegfried

1st Koei Tecmo rep: Ryu Hayabusa

3rd Capcom rep: Jill Valentine, Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu, Leon Kennedy

1st Activision rep: Crash Bandicoot

1st SNK rep: Mai Shiranui

1st Bethesda rep: DoomSlayer
Does anyone seriously consider KOS-MOS and Mai likely or is it just because of the 'female fighter with projectile' 'leak'?

merchantofsalt

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't she supposed to be a Darkstalkers character? If I recall, she, Sonson and Amingo are all "rejected" characters from Capcom that never got their own games, right?
Brain wants to see where this goes. Ignoring rumors and leaks at the moment.... Or just ignore this post
Can someone put together a list of unused genres or still-viable ones and the most likely candidates for each? Any character is a go, but if you declare them out of the running, give a reasonable explanation why and so forth.
Ex.
1. FPS
A) Master Chief
B) Doom Slayer/Doomguy
C) B.J. Blastovitch (spelling?)
D) Gordon Freeman
2. Team / Battle Royale
A) Heavy
B) Tracer
C) Fortnite Rep
Puzzle
A)Arle Nadja

.... Yeah, I think you get the idea, feel free to add on.. I think maybe discussing it out, we can get a better idea of what to look for..?
Technically the puzzle genre is represented by Dr. Mario, and the FPS genre by Samus. Squad-based shooters, though not the same thing as battle royales, have Inkling.

The only big genres that I can think of which doesn't have a representative in Smash Bros. is adventure, whether point-n-click, visual novel, or otherwise. There's also survival horror, unless you count Luigi's Mansion, and rhythm games (we really should've gotten a Rhythm Heaven character).

Regardless, I don't think this is part of the criteria when DLC fighters are selected.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I've always had the thought that his Up Special would be an upwards slash that combos into an Izuna Drop like the Ninja Gaiden games. Whether if that'd be a good recovery or not is debatable, but I like the idea of that being his Up Special.
Hmm I can definitely see it being his up Smash the more we discuss it. I always thought perhaps it would be his Ultimate, but his Up Smash works too. Only thing is having the Izuna drop as his Up Smash would most likely hurt his recovery, unless he can can cancel mid way.

Does anyone seriously consider KOS-MOS and Mai likely or is it just because of the 'female fighter with projectile' 'leak'?
Honestly Mai has seemed to get a lot of traction due to leaks. KOS-MOS on the other hand does seem to be wanted by fans. And her speculation is more due to fan demand vs. leaks.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Hey, I've been intending to ask this question (possibly again) after some time, but missed the chance to ask Blue about it. Has Sakurai ever added content from a series or game he doesn't like?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
This is the first time I'm hearing that KOS-MOS has a support base. Whoever it is, you guys really need to get your voices out.

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
Honestly Mai has seemed to get a lot of traction due to leaks. KOS-MOS on the other hand does seem to be wanted by fans. And her speculation is more due to fan demand vs. leaks.
Although its true she has a dedicated fanbase which I totally respect, I think you are overhyping how many fans are part of that fandom. Look at pretty much any fanpoll and she almost always does worse then the two big players from Bandai Namco, Heihachi and Lloyd Irving. She is wanted, but I would argue the other players from Bandai Namco have a bigger fanbase. Don't get me wrong though, she does definitely have a strong fanbase though.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm still banking on Tales and Resident Evil and this was before Mii Costume Theory was born. Especially with Tales of Arise coming next year with Namco marketing the game much harder outside Japan.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So the Waluigi + Undertale leak is most likely fake, but I'd love it if one of our last two challenger packs were Sans & Papyrus together; combat may seem to go against Undertale's meaning, but Smash seems to be more of a sporting event to be honest. I mean, the characters clap for the winner after every battle.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

It’s definitely interesting, and I definitely think your theory is really interesting. In fact i remember many people argued that Banjo-Kazooie wouldn’t be that hard to animate as they could use inspiration from Duck Hunt dog. And the Hero definitely gives me Link and Robin vibes. So you never know perhaps Sakurai has been figuring out a way to put Ryu Hayabusa in Smash.
That'd be great. Also, let's consider the Death's Scythe item, which can easily be used as a base for Ryu's own scythe from his modern games.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Sheik is being retroactively used as a base as well, since she has a lot of ninja-like movements and attacks.

Sakurai directed Kirby's Adventure and Kirby Superstar.
Kirby's Adventure featured a boss who created stuff by painting it on a canvas (Paint Roller), and Kirby Superstar had another boss based on a similar concept, using computer windows instead of a canvas (Computer Virus).
In Super Smash Bros Brawl, there was a stage based on Pictochat, where the drawings became solid and had real effects on the stage.
The stage returned in Smash 4 as well, in the 3DS version of the game, as PictoChat 2.
Additionally, in the Wario Ware stage "Gamer", 5-volt can occasionally pop-out from the TV screen or from a canvas, following the "picture becomes real" theme.
In Smash Ultimate, there is an assist trophy who has very similar effects as the Pictochat stage, that's Nikki. She draws stuff on screen, and that stuff becomes solid and animated.
Not just that, there's also Vince, that appears on stage with an easel; the picture he draws on the canvas starts floating around and becomes an attack.

Another thing is that in Brawl, King Dedede was able to summon Waddle Dees, who were almost useless, but they were minions with AIs. This in addition to the whole Pokèmon/Assist Trophies mechanics, and the helper mechanics in Kirby Superstar (or, as a stretch, to the Ice Climbers, Pikmin and Luma gimmicks). I think that he's not opposed to the idea of being able to summon a companion who fights at your side.

So, Sakurai would probably be interested in developing a character like Adeleine... unless he actually has someting against her character specifically.
I don't know, but you gotta admit how weird that there doesn't appear to be any spirits related to art-based Kirby characters at all (unless you count clay artwork, since Elline is here). Even Sakurai's own creation Paint Roller doesn't have a spirit. Sure, one can argue that there are only so many ways to have Inkling battles, but it's an odd omission when you consider that the bulk of noteworthy Kirby characters are shown by spirits otherwise. Still, it's entirely possible he's trying to warm up to the idea of her (amongst other Kirby characters he has no personal familiarity with).

In any case, if Nintendo suggests her to him for some reason, it would be difficult for him to refuse. And hey, the spirit board would be set up, and all.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
@Absolutely Not Speedwagon @Velveeta Dream KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 .

Following Absolutely's theory, I was looking at Simon and noticed you can twirl his whip. Now I know that is part of what you can do in Castlevania. However following our previous discussion, perhaps the whip twirl animation can be used for a kusarigama animation for Ryu Hayabusa. Kusarigama’s have to be spun around and then thrown, so perhaps Simon twirling his whip can be used as a prototype.

Edit: Sorry for not seeing what I typed before, I have no idea what happened. All of a sudden my text got deleted and I had to retype it.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
This is the first time I'm hearing that KOS-MOS has a support base. Whoever it is, you guys really need to get your voices out.
?????? She's been pretty huge in speculation this smash. I have a support thread for her, she's talked about everyday on gamefaqs and 4 chan and even Resetera. Resetera's discord bring her up so frequently, etc. She has a fanbase. I hope you're seriously joking when you say "this is the first time" This has nothing to do with the flying weapon leak... but it has had some people say it is her in speculation.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
That'd be great. Also, let's consider the Death's Scythe item, which can easily be used as a base for Ryu's own scythe from his modern games.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Sheik is being retroactively used as a base as well, since she has a lot of ninja-like movements and attacks.

I don't know, but you gotta admit how weird that there doesn't appear to be any spirits related to art-based Kirby characters at all (unless you count clay artwork, since Elline is here). Even Sakurai's own creation Paint Roller doesn't have a spirit. Sure, one can argue that there are only so many ways to have Inkling battles, but it's an odd omission when you consider that the bulk of noteworthy Kirby characters are shown by spirits otherwise. Still, it's entirely possible he's trying to warm up to the idea of her (amongst other Kirby characters he has no personal familiarity with).

In any case, if Nintendo suggests her to him for some reason, it would be difficult for him to refuse. And hey, the spirit board would be set up, and all.
I hadn't even thought of using the death scythe until now, good eye. I definitely think they could use it for Ryu Hayabusa's scythe animation.

And agree like @Absolutely Not Speedwagon said they could use Sheik's and Greninja's moveset as a prototype for Ryu Hayabusa.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Wait.... female character with a throwable projectile... Undertale rumors also pop up around the same time... Undyne throws spears during her boss fight in Undertale....

Guys we cracked the code, Undyne confirmed for DLC pack 4 baybee!!!!

But in all seriousness, while I don't buy into either rumor, I do think Undertale content in Smash is a lot more likely than most people give it credit for, if only because of how crazy popular it is both in America and Japan. If any indie game has a shot at getting in Smash, it's probably Undertale. I'm not sure who they'd pick to represent the series tho, since there's strong cases for both Frisk and Sans being the Undertale rep. Waluigi on the other hand.... yeah I can't see that one happening, at least not during this round of DLC. Since they seem to be doing only third party characters for the fighters pass, I don't think it's Waluigi's time yet. Plus I'd imagine his assist trophy status would make him much harder to implement as a playable character. That said, if there were any first party character that would garner a huge enough reaction to warrant a spot on the fighters pass, it'd definitely be Waluigi, so I could very well be wrong.

If I had to make a bold prediction for the last two DLC fighters, I'd go with Frisk and Leon Kennedy. I think someone on this thread brought up how the DLC fighters could be used to draw in new fans to Smash Ultimate (Joker for JRPG fans/Playstation users, Hero for Dragon Quest fans, Banjo for Xbox/nostalgic N64 fans), and I think these two would cover the remaining bases. Frisk has the potential to draw in the indie crowd and is from a game that has a massive online presence, while Leon could bring in survival horror fans and older gamers who enjoy more mainstream "mature" games. It also helps that both Undertale and Resident Evil are really being pushed by Nintendo, with the latter having an entire section dedicated to it at the E3 direct. I could be totally wrong here, but that's what I'm leaning towards right now

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
?????? She's been pretty huge in speculation this smash. I have a support thread for her, she's talked about everyday on gamefaqs and 4 chan and even Resetera. Resetera's discord bring her up so frequently, etc. She has a fanbase. I hope you're seriously joking when you say "this is the first time" This has nothing to do with the flying weapon leak... but it has had some people say it is her in speculation.
No, I wasn't joking. This is the first time I've heard of KOS-MOS and Smash mentioned in the same sentence.

I mean, I assumed there was a thread, every character under the sun has one. But yeah.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Technically the puzzle genre is represented by Dr. Mario, and the FPS genre by Samus. Squad-based shooters, though not the same thing as battle royales, have Inkling.

The only big genres that I can think of which doesn't have a representative in Smash Bros. is adventure, whether point-n-click, visual novel, or otherwise. There's also survival horror, unless you count Luigi's Mansion, and rhythm games (we really should've gotten a Rhythm Heaven character).

Regardless, I don't think this is part of the criteria when DLC fighters are selected.
Yeah, okay I gaffed this one. CARRY ON! Also thanks for correcting my stupid self, buddy.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
OMG I know it's very unlikely, maybe impossible, but...
apparently, the character looks like a fighting game character, but it's not necessarily one, right?
What if the character resembles Valerie Rose from Fantasy Strike because like her, she fights with a paintbrush?
(also, maybe she throws crystals too?)
No way, right?

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
the projectile-using female character guy

also does Shantae use projectiles? I dont remeber
I'm still confused who is leaking this. Is this the same one that yesterday said was trolling?

And Yeah Shantae can fire out fire balls, Storm clouds, and spike balls.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I'm still confused who is leaking this. Is this the same one that yesterday said was trolling?

And Yeah Shantae can fire out fire balls, Storm clouds, and spike balls.
Yes, the guy who has a source who has seen a female character he doesn’t recognize but somehow has come to the conclusion she’s from a fighting game and that she also has projectiles but he can’t give us anymore info on what projectiles they are.

For some reason people are still talking about this leak.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yes, the guy who has a source who has seen a female character he doesn’t recognize but somehow has come to the conclusion she’s from a fighting game and that she also has projectiles but he can’t give us anymore info on what projectiles they are.

For some reason people are still talking about this leak.
Well people always want to know who will be the next one. thats human nature. I feel like we won't know till August Nindie direct(maybe if uts a indie character reveal), otherwise in the september direct, as i feel that is when they will also go over banjo's details and reveal

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well people always want to know who will be the next one. thats human nature. I feel like we won't know till August Nindie direct(maybe if uts a indie character reveal), otherwise in the september direct, as i feel that is when they will also go over banjo's details and reveal
Believe me, discussing this 'leak' won't get anyone any closer to knowing who the next one is.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
And that’s fine. I love speculating. But when we give an obviously fake leaker attention all it does it encourage more fake leakers. At least the Paragon leak has some stuff going for it.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Believe me, discussing this 'leak' won't get anyone any closer to knowing who the next one is.
Yeah, but there's not much else to talk about currently...
The Waluigi and Frisk one seems even faker to me, and the other one that says that the last 2 characters are from Nintendo, there's just not enough information about it to prove or debunk it.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
regarding teh waluigi leak.... as much as i would LOVE and undertale/deltarune rep that isn't sans, didn't reggie said explicity that waluigi wasn't gonna be in the fighter pass a back while? while yeah.. they could be lying in order to build hype.... they didn't need to lie, if they could simply have stayed silent and the hype would have come eventually.

it actually felt that they went out of their way to say that waluigi wasnt in teh pass in order to actually not give false hopes. since they didn't needed to specify regarding the issue.

Right now my take is that either there is something fishy regarding that leak (like being post e3) or maybe he actually got leaked the info of the direct, and decided to roll with it and super troll. (there is no questioning that there weren't "coincidences" in that leak, the info align wayyy too well...)

Still, at least there is the scapegoat that if that leak is true, i for once welcome our new undertale overlords.

Also.. what the hell with the rare spirits that were in the base game and were data leaked?.... are they coming with banjo? or it was just that goof regarding japanese and western nintendo licences?...

Also, i really hope we get at least some crypt of the necrodancer spirits, to celebrate cadence of hyrule. :3

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
regarding teh waluigi leak.... as much as i would LOVE and undertale/deltarune rep that isn't sans, didn't reggie said explicity that waluigi wasn't gonna be in the fighter pass a back while? while yeah.. they could be lying in order to build hype.... they didn't need to lie, if they could simply have stayed silent and the hype would have come eventually.
I don't remember this at all, though it seems unlikely he'll get in this time around anyway.

All I remember Reggie saying was "unexpected" characters and "have never been in Smash."

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Some people feel like it will. Granted, I don't actively look out for leaks but its nice to watch people talk about/laugh at them.

That being said, not looking at leaks, I feel Assist trophies are not getting updated, not this season. And if they were Waluigi was NOT going to be the first one. if anything I feel Isaac from Golden sun would be the first. New series, very highly requested, and unique. Heck i do want Waluigi, and if he gets in I hope he pulls from the sports and kart games for his moveset, but He is not prime first upgrade material.

I still think Spirits can get updated, as long as they don't have a lot of spirits in that series. So an ARMS fighter or Bandana Waddle Dee is out because of all their spirits, but Shantae, Rayman, and Donbe/Hikari could happen as they only have 1-2 spirits tied to them(rabbids could be counted as separate from rayman's stuff.) Thats sad as there are some I would like, like Adeline(she doesn't have a spirit but there are a ton of kirby spirits...)

I also feel that Mii costumes seal the fate as well... partially. I THINK Rex could come back maybe, but low chance. Also, if eno's mii costume doesn't return with The Hero... that could mean something...

As for characters I think have a good shot. I'll go by publishers.

Nintendo: I really don't think we would get any nintendo reps, but it is still possible. A surprise Porky, Sylux, or a spirit getting upgraded for a retro like Mach Rider or Donbe/Hikari could happen, just not expecting it.

Capcom: a Resident Evil rep or no more reps I feel. I would prefer Jill but I know Leon is a bit more popular.

Namco: A tales of rep or nothing probably. MAYBE a tekken or SC rep. Problem with tales of reps is most of the protags are"anime sword boys), which gets a lot of hate. Velvet from the latest game could work as she's a more Feral Brawler.

Bethesda: Doomguy. No other character works. And he is the face and starter of FPS, so he has the legacy. Just making him less violent for smash is the issue.

Activision: Crash. The last of the 90's mascot rivels not in smash, it would be pretty epic and crash is popular again.

Ubisoft: Rayman. again, has a spirit but its only for him, nothing else but rabbids.

Toei: Ryu Hyabusa or Kisume. Ryu makes the most sense as Ninja Giaden is such an NES classic.

Indie: I still think there is a shotfor Indies. Undertale has no chance whatsoever, sorry. I think the 3 biggest Indie chances atm are Shantae, Reimu, or Hollow Knight/Hornet. Shantae has the years behind her still keeping her possible. Touhou is absolutely massive in japan and many programms started with touhou fan games, plus no SHMUP rep. Last Nintendo is REALLY pushing Silksong, so that and having an indie studio make a zelda game shows they are trusting Indie studios. Hollow Knight won a ton of rewards and sold gangbusters. While some people say the knight is the best chance, I think Hornet may have a better one. She is the star of the game Nintendo is pushing hard. She is a very unique playstyle, and, most importantly, SHE HAS A PERSONALITY AND VOICE. These I feel make her the top choice for the series

D

Deleted member

This might just be silly to think about, but all the fighters in the Pass currently have cinematic Final Smashes (if there's a name for this, then idk what it's called). Joker has his All Out Attack, Hero has... well idk what it's called but it sure has a cutscene in it, and BK has that Jinjonator thing.

Could it be possible that the last 2 Fighters will have a cinematic Final Smash as well?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
And if they were Waluigi was NOT going to be the first one. if anything I feel Isaac from Golden sun would be the first. New series, very highly requested, and unique. Heck i do want Waluigi, and if he gets in I hope he pulls from the sports and kart games for his moveset, but He is not prime first upgrade material.
This is something I disagree with. I personally think he makes perfect sense as the initial reveal of a potential AT Upgrade pass. Issac feels best as a penultimate reveal.

zferolie

Smash Hero
This is something I disagree with. I personally think he makes perfect sense as the initial reveal of a potential AT Upgrade pass. Issac feels best as a penultimate reveal.
Perhaps, but that makes more sense in a season 2 of DLC. Start with Waluigi, final one being Issac. The others could be assist trophys(like Ashley please), or other new fighters.

This might just be silly to think about, but all the fighters in the Pass currently have cinematic Final Smashes (if there's a name for this, then idk what it's called). Joker has his All Out Attack, Hero has... well idk what it's called but it sure has a cutscene in it, and BK has that Jinjonator thing.

Could it be possible that the last 2 Fighters will have a cinematic Final Smash as well?
Its probably very easy to make final smashes like that. Easy on the DLC workforce

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom