• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Are the third parties minus Hero being smaller than Ryu/Cloud, or Byleth getting the same treatment as the third parties not differences?

I meant that I'm against Game Freak cutting Pokemon for "high quality animations" or whatever. Maybe I should've said BBNDer?
No, because they're still 3rd party characters. That's the point I was making.

While the characters, series, and size of series might be different, the overall method of distribution (new character, new stage, music selection, though trophies and spirits have been treated differently) has been essentially the exact same.

The differences between the size of the series characters come from are certainly there, but I'm not sure that changes anything about the point I made.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm having trouble figuring out what your contention is...
Is it that 'normie' characters are just as good being Mii costumes...?
That normies aren't gonna be severly disappointed in these characters just because they're already in the game in some form and the Smash bubble wants them, it's the majority that mainly cares about fighter representation, not just some nerds who literally can't even if a fighter isn't Geno, and there is more to hype than not being owned by Nintendo.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm having trouble figuring out what your contention is...
Is it that 'normie' characters are just as good being Mii costumes...?

idk

^to the above post, I'm aware he's owned by Squeenix, but he's a Mario character so I rolled him in with the 1st parties
I think he's trying to say that the likes of Joker and Terry aren't going to appeal to casual players as much.

However, they do have a the ability to appeal to gamers that don't already play Super Smash Bros. so I think both aspects are still worth considering.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think he's trying to say that the likes of Joker and Terry aren't going to appeal to casual players as much.

However, they do have a the ability to appeal to gamers that don't already play Super Smash Bros. so I think both aspects are still worth considering.
Persona 5's THE casual gamer's JRPG so that's wrong right there

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
It's going pretty well! At the moment, I'm trying to work out whether certain peripherals would work as part of the moveset, such as the Nunchuk, Wiimote Steering Wheel and Balance Board.
All I can think about with this Wiimote character is it having robotic limbs and holding it's nunchuck by the wire, essentially making it Chibi-Robo but as a Wiimote.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
While 2B or Geno are probably seen as the "most likely" choices for a new Square rep (I lean more towards the former since spirit upgrades are uncertain ATM), I'd honestly love to see a character from Bravely Default after having finished the game recently.

Hell, I'd settle for Mii costumes if they come bundled with some of the soundtrack.
welcome aboard, please pick up a plushiedea and follow the yellow line

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
That normies aren't gonna be severly disappointed in these characters just because they're already in the game in some form and the Smash bubble wants them, it's the majority that mainly cares about fighter representation, not just some nerds who literally can't even if a fighter isn't Geno, and there is more to hype than not being owned by Nintendo.
I'm not arguing that 1st parties aren't unhype -- Byleth was super hype for FETH's fandom (which is huge), especially because they got to go 'hoes mad' at all the salty smash fans -- I'm arguing that Nintendo isn't going to prioritize the 'legacy support picks' over characters with more marketing punch.

I doubt they'd add Geno -- for example -- because, while Geno would be extremely hype for the Smash fanbase, and all the hardcore fans would buy him, basically nobody who isn't a hardcore smash fan cares about Geno. The Smash fans would be happy, yes -- but they were going to buy all the DLC's anyway, and by adding someone only the Smash fans cared about, Nintendo didn't expand the demographic of the Smash DLC at all. Thusly they lose on sales.

The same does not go for someone like Zacian, the mascot of a recent AAA Nintendo release. The Pokemon Sw/Sh fanbase overlaps with the Smash fanbase, but there are plenty of players who play Pokemon Sw/Sh but not Smash. The overlap between the fanbases means enough Smash fans are satisfied -- but now Nintendo has the added benefit that many of the 'Pokemon-only' fans are now attracted to Smash. Nintendo gets to tap into profits from both audiences, and has maximized sales.

^that's my point.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Person A: Geno will be our third Square Enix rep!
Person B: No, it’s clearly 2B because she’s the most popular!
Person C: It’s gotta be Lara! She has the legacy!
Me: cries in Neku whose game was a hit on the Nintendo DS - if you want another DS generation rep after Lucario he’s perfect but nobody here cares about TWEWY :c
Neku's at least sort of talked about just by association with KH and Nomura.

You know what Square character I'd love to see that literally NO ONE has talked about? Caim from Drakengard. Would technically be a Nier representative too. That would be such a Yoko Taro thing to do, especially if the trailer started with 2B.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Nintendo didn't expand the demographic of the Smash DLC at all.
Which is also true about Banjo and Byleth. Banjo-Kazooie's fanbase tends to be Nintendo fans disappointed in Rare's buyout making it harder for them to join Smash or be seen in any other way on Nintendo systems, while Smash's contribution to FE being sold overseas means the two series already have plenty of demographic overlap.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Which is also true about Banjo and Byleth. Banjo-Kazooie's fanbase tends to be Nintendo fans disappointed in Rare's buyout making it harder for them to join Smash or be seen in any other way on Nintendo systems, while Smash's contribution to FE being sold overseas means the two series already have plenty of demographic overlap.
Thing is, BK was on a level of fan-demand and hype that Geno simply isn’t, so that defense may not be the best.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
No, that would be Pokemon, Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest (in the context of Japan).
But it's also a Playstation exclusive so you're not likely to care if you don't have one.
All I'm saying is that there's a reason people sneer down on JRPGs that aren't Persona 5 and that it's always the first recommendation for people who don't usually like JRPGs. P5 fans are casual as ****

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
You're basically telling people to eat **** if they care about more than just the newest batch of starters.
I'm just being realistic. If I thought Zoroark had a decent chance, I'd gladly ask that everyone would rally behind it so it could get in Smash.

I just know that the odds of that happening are astronomically low.

Based off recent patterns of both Pokemon and FE, the latest game takes priority. If you really want to get a Pokemon who you'd like to see in Smash, I'd suggest looking through Gen 8's options. If none of them are for you, then you're free to try supporting a Pokemon from an earlier Gen. I'll be brutally honest though, I don't think you'll have much success. With nearly 900 Pokemon in existence, I can't see the fanbase all coming together to place their supporter behind a single Pokemon. More than likely, everyone would be supporting a different Pokemon, and everyone would just cancel each other out. In a way, it would be a lot worse than it is now.

From what I'm seeing, I feel like your anger is directed toward the National Dex and Gen 8 specifically. That's a little unfair, considering how that has no effect on whether or not certain Gen 8 Pokemon would be unique additions to Smash's roster.

Last edited:

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Banjo had a huge support group among smash fans, yes, but he was also the face of N64 nostalgia (thanks to youtubers like Dunkey and Jontron), and was one of the stars of Rare Replay -- a bundle-in title for the Xbox One -- plently of audience outside of smash right there.

FE's overlap with the smash fandom is exactly my point -- there are enough fans of both FE and Smash (such as myself) that the Smash fans didn't feel alienated, but also enough fans of FE but not Smash (especially after the wildly popular Three Houses), that Nintendo got to tap into both markets by adding Byleth.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That's a little unfair, considering how that has no effect on whether or not certain Gen 8 Pokemon would be unique additions to Smash's roster.
I clearly care about more than whether or not a Pokemon would have a unique moveset, when I don't think Incineroar's unique moveset compensates for it not being Mimikyu/Lycanroc/an older Pokemon I think should be in.
With nearly 900 Pokemon in existence
Yes, but not 900 that are equally loved. They shouldn't even need to get people to rally behind a Pokemon for Smash-just look at Google's recent poll. That shouldn't be too hard.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As a general reply to these posts:

I'm not saying Crash isn't big. Crash is the biggest he's been since the early 2000's, and is bigger than other mascots from that era like Banjo.

What I'm saying is that it's no longer 'impossible' for Crash to get in (IMO it's likely), given that he's no longer the mascot of Sony, and his recent games/remakes are all cross-platform, including the Switch. Thusly, though Crash is absolutely a significant character, and his reveal would be hype, it wouldn't be as earth-shattering as it would have been while Crash was still a Sony character.
Ah, I get what you're saying now.

Though it is important to note that Crash was never actually directly owned by Sony. He was seen as their mascot, but he's always been third party. Back then his rights were tied to Universal.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Trolling/bait
While 2B or Geno are probably seen as the "most likely" choices for a new Square rep (I lean more towards the former since spirit upgrades are uncertain ATM), I'd honestly love to see a character from Bravely Default after having finished the game recently.

Hell, I'd settle for Mii costumes if they come bundled with some of the soundtrack.
Bravely Default is way more likely so they can promote the upcoming Switch game with Smash Bros. 2B has the wow factor like Joker so she's somewhat likely. Geno only seems likely because people are way too delusion to get the hint that he ain't happening.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

You are given the decision to put one SEGA Zelda inspired (all of these are better than any 2D zelda game tbh) character in smash.
Choose one.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

You are given the decision to put one SEGA Zelda inspired (all of these are better than any 2D zelda game tbh) character in smash.
Choose one.
...What on earth is the last one?

Never played any of those, so it's kind of impossible to choose. Maybe some descriptions?

Like, the only Zelda-inspired games I played were 3D Dot Game Heroes(which doesn't seem to have a true default protagonist due to its design??) and Lagoon(a pretty meh game overall. Great music, graphics, and reasonable story. Gameplay that was broken, though usually functioned, just wasn't fair).

...Besides, the Sega owned character I'd love is a Shining Force Hero instead at this point. Probably Max?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Okay, finally got my Wiimote moveset together. Hope y'all like it!

So, starting off, the jab flurry would work somewhat like Simon/Richter's, using the safety strap as a kind of whip. Furthermore, it also uses this strap as a grab, which tightens up when it actually grabs someone. The jab otherwise would basically be the Wiimote doing a flip which kicks the opponent upward, then making one of the Wiimote character select noises from Brawl (randomised, unless if it's used against a character from Brawl, in which case it's that character's voice clip.)

The side tilt would literally use the strap and kind of fling upward.
Up tilt would look a bit like a flip? Maybe like Sonic's up smash?
Down tilt summons a Balance Board which knocks characters upward.

Side Smash summons a Nunchuk, and the Wiimote uses this as a whip (kinda like ZSS's side special in looks)
Up Smash uses the strap again, kinda like Cloud's up smash (but as a whip, not a sword)
Down Smash summons the Wii Zapper, which fires in a downward direction forward and backward (in a similar way to ZSS's down smash, without the paralysis effect)

Dash attack summons the Wii Wheel, as the Wiimote rolls (kinda like Villager's neutral air.)

Neutral air is basically Villager's. However, the strap means there's a bit of a wider hitbox where the strap is.
Forward air is a swing of the Nunchuk, and so is back air.
Up air is basically the Wiimote going flat, and again, using the speaker inside it.
Down air summons the Glo sword peripheral (in a random available colour) which is basically Lucina's - with a spike in the very middle.

Neutral Special summons the Zapper again, which acts as a projectile. It can fire one of two projectiles - an Arrow (like Link's) which references Link's Crossbow Training, or a bullet (basically like Joker's, but faster and with less lag and damage. You can fire multiple bullets by holding the button) These are altered in an alternating fashion - you'd use an arrow, say, then it would switch to the bullets automatically, and back to the arrows after released again.
Up special uses the Balance Board beneath the Wiimote, and it jumps off it. The noise that plays if you actually jump on the Balance Board in Wii Fit would play? Furthermore, it would use the strap as a tether, which would have a shorter range than the actual model of Vine Whip (Ivysaur.) This could grab the ledge, but automatically pulls the Wiimote up.
Side Special would throw a disc, which would act in a very similar way to Mii Swordfighter's Chakram. The discs would have a number of appearances - being random Wii game discs, such as Brawl, Galaxy and Twilight Princess, to name a few. Holding it would charge it - so if you just flicked it, it would go forward a little with very low damage, whereas a full charge would have a similar damage and range to a fully charged Shadow Ball - albeit a little slower, and with a smaller hitbox.
Down Special summons the Nunchuk, which would be swung around the Wiimote like Simon's Down Smash. However, this would have a couple of interesting properties. It would reflect projectiles on the ground, for example. Furthermore, it has a completely different effect in the air - it works a bit like DK's Up Special, but doesn't leave the Wiimote in freefall. It would have a single, meaty hit, but wouldn't reflect in the air. Furthermore, it has no vertical coverage, but has a lot of horizontal coverage.

Final Smash essentially pulls the character into a cutscene by use of the cursor used in the Main Menu. The cutscene is basically the targeted characters being thrown into a void, and get attacked by tons of hits by the cursor, before the Wii makes an error sound and acts as the last, high damage and knockback, hit.

Alts are the traditional white, black, blue and pink, as well as the red Mario version, the green Luigi version, the yellow and green Bowser version, and the gold Zelda version, with the decals of the latter four.
The victory music would literally be the sound that plays when you open a game in the Wii Menu.
Taunts - The down taunt would summon the Balance Board, which the Wiimote would wobble on. The side taunt would summon the Reckless Safety Guy, who would do one of his traditional poses in front of the Wiimote, and up taunt would summon the Wheel, and the Wiimote would spin around inside it.

The stage would be the Wii Menu. Fighters would fight on the 12 boxes. If the Wiimote holds down taunt, it (like the star fox crew and pit) has a special effect, on the Wii Menu stage. Basically, it pulls up the Home menu (accessed by pressing the Home button on the console itself)
Music wise, there would mostly be different Channel (such as News Channel) themes, as well as a couple of themes from games like Wii Play and Wii Sports that aren't already in. Furthermore, it finally makes a file for 'Console Music.' It also has some system music from other consoles, like the Gamecube and Wii U.
Spirits would be a number of controllers and consoles from Nintendo's history, specifically being the NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U and Switch controllers, and the NES, SNES, Virtual Boy, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii, and Switch consoles.
As for realism - 5%. I can picture Sakurai adding this character - after all, he'd have a ton of fun making the moveset - but as paid DLC, I'm not sure reception from either Nintendo themselves or the fanbase would be good, and after Byleth, I think Sakurai might want to play it a little safe (nothing against Byleth, I quite like them :D)

If I've left anything out, feel free to tell me :)

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I choose none of them and get Opa Opa in the game instead
your loss

...What on earth is the last one?

Never played any of those, so it's kind of impossible to choose. Maybe some descriptions?

Like, the only Zelda-inspired games I played were 3D Dot Game Heroes(which doesn't seem to have a true default protagonist due to its design??) and Lagoon(a pretty meh game overall. Great music, graphics, and reasonable story. Gameplay that was broken, though usually functioned, just wasn't fair).

...Besides, the Sega owned character I'd love is a Shining Force Hero instead at this point. Probably Max?
Landstalker is isometric viewpoint Adventure game where you play as Nigel, a Treasure hunter who trying to find King Nole's treasure with the help of his fairy friend Friday. You have 4 differening swords with differing magic abilities. Game was developed by Climax Entertainment, a subsidiary of Sega back than that came from people who worked at Camelot(Shining Force, Golden Sun), who were know as Sonic Software Planning back than.

Beyond Oasis(US)/ Story of Thor(Japan) is about Prince Ali who discovers a Armlet that gives him abilities to send out spirits that help him fight against mysterious forces that invaded his kingdom. Game was developed by Ancient who made Streets of Rage 2 and also a company owned by famous composer Yuzo Koshiros family. Game has beautiful sprite work.

Crusader of Centy(US)/ Soleil (Japan) is a LttP looking game that follows a simlar plot style of Zelda with a hero saving the princess however there's a twist. The game lets player find monsters that the player can quip 2 at a time with all sorts of abilities such rebound your sword off walls, increase your running speed, charge your weapons with ice and fire, etc. The game did the whole "all enemies you kill are innocent and are just trying to protect themselves from the evil human race" twist way before Undertale. Game was developed nex tech which SEGA made a contract with working under tham until 2005. They help developed on Sakura Wars and Shining games.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
your loss

Landstalker is isometric viewpoint Adventure game where you play as Nigel, a Treasure hunter who trying to find King Nole's treasure with the help of his fairy friend Friday. You have 4 differening swords with differing magic abilities. Game was devloped by Climax Entertainment, a subsidiary of Sega back than that came from poeople who worked at Camelot(Shining Force), who were know as Sonic Software Planning back than.

Beyond Oasis(US)/ Story of Thor(Japan) is about Prince Ali who discovers a Armlet that gives him abilities to send out spirits that help him fight. Game was developed by Ancient who made Streets of Rage 2and also a company by famous composer Yuzo Koshiro family. Gae has beautiful sprite work.

Crusader of Centy(US)/ Soleil (Japan) is a LttP looking game that follows a simlar plot style of Zelda with a hero saving the princess however there's a twist. The game lets player find monsters that the player can quip 2 at a time with all sorts of abilities such rebound your sword off walls, increase your running speed, charge your weapons with ice and fire, etc. The game did the whole "all enemies you kill are innocent and are just trying to protect themselves from the evil human race" twist way before Undertale. Game was developed nex tech which SEGA made a contract with working under tham until 2005. They help developed on Sakura Wars and Shining games.

Have you tried making support threads for any of these guys? I may need the short list in order to look them up on Wikipedia later.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
your loss

Landstalker is isometric viewpoint Adventure game where you play as Nigel, a Treasure hunter who trying to find King Nole's treasure with the help of his fairy friend Friday. You have 4 differening swords with differing magic abilities. Game was developed by Climax Entertainment, a subsidiary of Sega back than that came from people who worked at Camelot(Shining Force, Golden Sun), who were know as Sonic Software Planning back than.

Beyond Oasis(US)/ Story of Thor(Japan) is about Prince Ali who discovers a Armlet that gives him abilities to send out spirits that help him fight against mysterious forces that invaded his kingdom. Game was developed by Ancient who made Streets of Rage 2and also a company by famous composer Yuzo Koshiro family. Game has beautiful sprite work.

Okay, those are pretty neat. I think I saw a LP of Beyond Oasis, though?

Well, I'll definitely have to give 'em a try at some point, then~

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Okay, those are pretty neat. I think I saw a LP of Beyond Oasis, though?

Well, I'll definitely have to give 'em a try at some point, then~
Get the Sega genesis mini they should be on there and if there not put them there it's worth it

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Get the Sega genesis mini they should be on there and if there not put them there it's worth it
Eh, the minis are too costly for me. I don't think it's on Sega's Ultimate Genesis Collection. I can probably find the hard copies anyway. I have the most perfect working Megadrive, like, ever. So hard copies feel more fun in this case.

...I want an N64 mini too. Won't have my favorite 64 game on it, of course, but it'd be nice. Especially for the USB N64 controller~

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Eh, the minis are too costly for me. I don't think it's on Sega's Ultimate Genesis Collection. I can probably find the hard copies anyway. I have the most perfect working Megadrive, like, ever. So hard copies feel more fun in this case.

...I want an N64 mini too. Won't have my favorite 64 game on it, of course, but it'd be nice. Especially for the USB N64 controller~
My Genesis is still alive and well, had this same model since I was but a wee lad. Dad discovered her all alone in a box in the garage some years ago with a handful of games still (Most I actually hadn't gotten back into my collection at that point). Cleaned her up and she fired right up. No issues what-so-ever. Gave the Genesis I owned prior to a friend and put the old family friend on the top shelf of my gaming center for frequent use and easy access.

Tis my baby. Never given me any issues and fires up carts first try unless the carts themselves need a clean. I'm a die hard for physical copies for that system though I do own digital copies of some major titles on Steam if I'm in the rare mood of not wanting to get up and put a cart in the system.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Have you tried making support threads for any of these guys? I may need the short list in order to look them up on Wikipedia later.
I dont think any of them will get past the first page. There was a Phantasy Star support thead and it was just me and the thread creator.

You can emulate them or buy LandStalker and Beyond Oasis are like 0.99$ on steam. You can use Steam workshops to fix any kinks with the Backbone emulation on steam. (all steam genesis games come from the lame Backbone Entertainment ports from Sega Genesis Collection rather than masterful M2 ports)

Crusader of Centy you will probably have to emulate since copies online are expensive. Its one of those hidden Gem IPs SEGA really, REALLY forgot like Napple Tale, Dolphin Blue, Battle Mania, etc.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

I say the gen mini is worth it for its price it's not bad plus with all the games you get plus the ones you would need to add it's a great mini console sega did good

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I say the gen mini is worth it for its price it's not bad plus with all the games you get plus the ones you would need to add it's a great mini console sega did good
Not disagreeing, I just prefer hard copies. I'll look at the different games.

I dont think any of them will get past the first page. There was a Phantasy Star support thead and it was just me and the thread creator.

You can emulate them or buy LandStalker and Beyond Oasis are like 0.99$ on steam. You can use Steam workshops to fix any kinks with the Backbone emulation on steam. (all steam genesis games come from the lame Backbone Entertainment ports from Sega Genesis Collection rather than masterful M2 ports)

Crusader of Centy you will probably have to emulate since copies online are expensive. Its one of those hidden Gem IPs SEGA really, REALLY forgot like Napple Tale, Dolphin Blue, Battle Mania, etc.
Not interested in Steam whatsoever, but thank you for letting me know that~

My Genesis is still alive and well, had this same model since I was but a wee lad. Dad discovered her all alone in a box in the garage some years ago with a handful of games still (Most I actually hadn't gotten back into my collection at that point). Cleaned her up and she fired right up. No issues what-so-ever. Gave the Genesis I owned prior to a friend and put the old family friend on the top shelf of my gaming center for frequent use and easy access.

Tis my baby. Never given me any issues and fires up carts first try unless the carts themselves need a clean. I'm a die hard for physical copies for that system though I do own digital copies of some major titles on Steam if I'm in the rare mood of not wanting to get up and put a cart in the system.
Yesssss. God, such a great system. It's the only console I never had issues with. I had to literally do too many glitches in Sonic 2 Debug Mode to make it freeze up. Nuff said. ...Though sometimes my carts have their batteries die...

---------------

To get back on-topic, Shadow aside, I'd love Max from Shining Force. Bowie as a potential alt could be neat. They can also use the redesign of Max from Shining Force Neo too, since it was clearly meant to be a re-telling of the first game to some degree.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
welcome aboard, please pick up a plushiedea and follow the yellow line
I'm pretty torn between wanting Edea or Ringabel as the character if the series somehow makes it in Smash, haha. Although...I do wonder if the other characters could simply serve as alternate costumes since they all function similarly thanks to the job system.

That being said, I definitely want to to go a little more in depth on my opinion of the game in the social thread at some point. 'Twas a mighty fun time...even if the pacing of the second half and some particular story beats irked me.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
(all of these are better than any 2D zelda game tbh)
Hold the phone. That's a nah there. Landstalker is good but better than ANY 2D Zelda is a helluva stretch. I get it if it is bias from that being what you grew up on but the other 2 are just not anywhere up to par.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Kind of a general question to everyone, but has Smash speculation ever gotten you to try a new series or game before?
It had a hand in getting me into Halo and become a fan. While speculation got me to play more of DOOM, I already played DOOM 2016 before hand. The speculation of Chief and Halo: Reach being announced for the MCC both came at just the right time to convince me to play the series. I have completed Halo 1, played Reach multiplayer and started playing Halo 2's campaign but I have yet to continue it.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
To get back on-topic, Shadow aside, I'd love Max from Shining Force. Bowie as a potential alt could be neat. They can also use the redesign of Max from Shining Force Neo too, since it was clearly meant to be a re-telling of the first game to some degree.
Max Needs to have Adam part of his moveset also we need leather coat Max from the manga as alt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom