• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
So uhhh

that... Junko leak...

Uh...

sweats

UHHHHHHH

OH GOD.

SO MUCH FOR NINTENDO GOING ON “LOCKDOWN”.
Handsome Jack as the Mii costume instead of a Psycho. That's hilarious I'll give the ****poster that. I'd be willing to humor this if Junko looked like Junko. The faker should've posted the Mii costumes ingame too if they wanted longetivity.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So uhhh

that... Junko leak...

Uh...

sweats

UHHHHHHH

OH GOD.

Props to the dude for making a real good fake. I haven't seen anything this in-depth before.

...watch me jinxs this and have this one be real.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Junko leak's got me on the fence.

On one hand, I naturally err towards the side of caution, and this leak could be easily faked. On the other hand, that render give me Bad E3 Mario Render or Byleth Presentation model vibes where it's clearly a work in progress.

I'm gonna need a CS screen or gameplay pic to convince me though.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Handsome Jack would be a neat costume tbh, would be worth it for his mask alone

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Even though I consider the Danganronpa leaks to be fake(Junko looks really off for some reason) I am just glad someone other than the "Biggest" Smash names is being brought up and getting the fake leak treatment.

If nothing else, this opens people up to the possibility of Monokuma and Danganronpa into Smash and give it a small boost in the support for the future, hopefully.

It's honestly really refreshing that it's not the usual suspects being "Leaked" or discussed, to be honest.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
After a more thorough analysis, I'm calling fake.

Something about that music list font seems off.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So uhhh

that... Junko leak...

Uh...

sweats

UHHHHHHH

OH GOD.

So they managed to get the character artwork, the Spirit board, the song collection, and even the crossover illustrations for the Mii costumes, but they couldn't get a single picture of the 3D character models - the thing that just so happens to be the most difficult thing to fake?

D

Deleted member

One week until the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon remake releases. I really hope it doesn't get spirited, I've felt hope in Grovyle for the first time and I'd hate for it to go away so soon.
I’d actually be more then okay with PMD spirits tbh. It’d be more Pokemon spin-off content then just the Detective Pikachu spirit( which I still think they only bothered adding it because of the movie... ).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Like, most of it looks great. But yeah, the font just doesn't cut it.

Regardless, pretty nice overall job. I like seeing these kind of high-effort leaks. Plus, cool renders to look at.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's a very nice render... for a fanmade one.

But come on guys, Smashified's should show you that's not impossible to fake. Everything else is so easy, I can do it in paint.net.

xyz9.png
Not to mention the one below

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I looked up the music tracks.

In the unlikely event this is real I'm down for these music tracks, they are bops.

Krankees

Smash Ace
Would Sakurai even put Junko with Monokuma in the render? Her being with Monokuma is almost pretty spoilery if you know what I'm talking about.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Would Sakurai even put Junko with Monokuma in the render? Her being with Monokuma is almost pretty spoilery if you know what I'm talking about.
Sheik, Mecha-Fiora, Palutena’s trailer mentioning the Chaos Kin controlled her, and Lucas’s Brawl trophy. Just. LUCAS’S BRAWL TROPHY.

Sakurai laughs in the face of spoilers

plus Junko’s actual costume is a lot more risqué, the edits shown look like a way Sakurai would make her CERO compliant

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Sakurai doesn't care about spoilers.
He spoiled a bunch of Three Houses in both the presentation and in the spirit battles.

Goombaic

Smash Ace

Not so sure about the music list font, but the spirit board font is the exact font we've used for our fake fighter passes.
The actual ingame font is not bold.
It's fake, but it's kind of fun nitpicking everything wrong with it.

Last edited:

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
That's what I said! Seeing how he didn't spoil Byleth's green hair, I don't think he'd put a spoiler right there in the render.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Sakurai doesn't care about spoilers.
He spoiled a bunch of Three Houses in both the presentation and in the spirit battles.
The trailer itself was entirely a spoiler.

I want to mention that the entire P5 spirit board was a spoiler to like 90% of the game.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
So uhhh

that... Junko leak...

Uh...

sweats

UHHHHHHH

OH GOD.

"There's totally these mii costumes guize also I won't show them at all heeeheee :)"

They're not even trying. Say what you want about the Cacomallow one, but at least the faker (or fakers involved) put some effort into that one.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The trailer itself was entirely a spoiler.

I want to mention that the entire P5 spirit board was a spoiler to like 90% of the game.
Hero’s trailer technically spoiled World of Light too. At least thanks to that tho, the Dark Realm is no longer considered a spoiler

SNEKeater

Smash Master
At least it's a nice fake, it has the effort. I will admit that for a moment I believed in it while I was looking the spirit board pic, but nothing more lol.
As I said before, Junko's face looks very strange for a Ultimate render.

Luckily I don't get what's the spoilery thing and I'd like to not know that because I'd like to play Danganronpa in the future, so I'd ask you to not explain what's the spoiler, if that's possible lol

Edit: Also, Handsome Jack getting a Mii Costume is something I never thought of, but after this leak now I want it, Jack is ****ing great

You know I find it funny on how some people are still fixating on the biggest franchises not in Smash as being the most likely to get a playable character despite Resident Evil who the majority agreed was going to get a character, got spirited away.
While that's true, that doesn't mean we won't get mainstream series in the second pass. As someone said earlier, Resident Evil received the spirit treatment, but we got Dragon Quest.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's neat to see all the effort that went into it, and at least the guy had the confidence to post a clear version of the render, not to mention he's been pretty creative in the character and franchise he's picked for this. However, the only thing that really takes more than basic Photoshop experience to create out of all of this is the render, which is also the one thing that looks strikingly fake (and even then it doesn't look bad, it just doesn't look like a Smash render). Most of the other stuff is just text on basic backgrounds, or in the case of the Spirit Board cutting and pasting a bunch of existing assets, which is what Spirit Boards are anyways, so no criticism for that, just saying it's not exactly difficult.

I'll give him props for implying a Hollow Knight Mii Costume though with what looks to be a remix of Hornet's theme, so he's a good boy.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
He's the guy who bought 1000 Rosalina amiibo so Rosalina fans couldn't get one amd the guy who made the Grinch leak

Wait, he's the guy who made the Grinch leak? Oh dear, he may be in trouble...

So uhhh

that... Junko leak...

Uh...

sweats

UHHHHHHH

OH GOD.

I know you're into Danganronpa and all, but between the eyes, lighting/shading, and lack of detail, that render looks incredibly fake, and all the other stuff is easily doctorable.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
You know, I was pretty it's fake. Not over the font, not over whatever got leaked instead of a picture of the character in the game (not that people would believe it more if it had it anyways), but because it's pretty hard to imagine someone going their way to leak Smash content like that after the whole debacle with Pokémon and leakers seemingly abandoning Nintendo stuff. Not to mention, what kind of moveset would you even make for a Danganronpa character?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I just love these "convincing" rumors and then there's something blatantly there that completely dismisses it as fake. Like here, the font for the Spirit Boards being bolded when it's not in-game.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
On the topic of spoilers, my favorite Smash related spoiler is when Sakurai said he wouldn't spoil Three Houses during the Byleth showcase video. Then not even halfway into the presentation he gives away that...

Rhea is Seiros

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know, I was pretty it's fake. Not over the font, not over whatever got leaked instead of a picture of the character in the game (not that people would believe it more if it had it anyways), but because it's pretty hard to imagine someone going their way to leak Smash content like that after the whole debacle with Pokémon and leakers seemingly abandoning Nintendo stuff. Not to mention, what kind of moveset would you even make for a Danganronpa character?
See that bear? They made a spinoff game where you beat the **** out of them, and enemy variety demands they have a ****ton of weapons

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So uhhh

that... Junko leak...

Uh...

sweats

UHHHHHHH

OH GOD.

Let’s Play With Monokuma surprises me

The song is literally about graphically murdering adults, unless it’s an instrumental remix then that’d be weird.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’m happy that at least folks aren’t immediately saying, “ZOMG ITS LEGIT”.

At least we’re past that stuff. It’s quite easy to come by a fake made by somebody who has plenty of time to do so.

Haven’t played Danganronpa ever, so I don’t know much about it as a series, but the render itself just gives it away here.

Last edited:

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
So uhhh

that... Junko leak...

Uh...

sweats

UHHHHHHH

OH GOD.

So this leaker managed to:
1. Post a full render
2. Post a full Spirit Board list
3. Post full images of future Mii Costumes

But the music list, which typically is accompanied with gameplay footage, is the only image that isn't a full one? Why even humor this? The render is so obviously a piece of art but detailed in the style of the renders. It's flat, especially the hair, and doesn't look remotely close to the same quality as the actual 3D models.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I’m happy that at least folks aren’t immediately saying, “ZOMG ITS LEGIT”.

At least we’re pat that stuff. It’s quite easy to come by a fake made by somebody who has plenty of time to do so.

Haven’t played Danganronpa ever, so I don’t know much about it as a series, but the render itself just gives it away here.
Yeah, the render, while is good, is pretty sketchy to be an Ultimate render.
I haven't played the series, I'd like to when they decide to finally put them on sale for the Vita, and with that in mind I guess that the moveset would be very creative.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
compared to most render fakes this one's actually not that bad, I'll give it that

I'd take it over this
1583020661651.png

or especially this
1583020900117.png

pretty much anyday

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So this leaker managed to:
1. Post a full render
2. Post a full Spirit Board list
3. Post full images of future Mii Costumes

But the music list, which typically is accompanied with gameplay footage, is the only image that isn't a full one? Why even humor this? The render is so obviously a piece of art but detailed in the style of the renders. It's flat, especially the hair, and doesn't look remotely close to the same quality as the actual 3D models.
At the same time it gives us something to talk about, not just to pass the time but barely anyone here entertained the idea of a DR character, so it's discussing an uncommon topic, it's better than another 3 hours of FE drama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom