• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As a Metroid fan, I would rather to not have Sylux as DLC. I'm fine with people who wants him! But I don't know, I sort of feel that he would be adding another Metroid rep for the sake of it. At least now. Maybe when Prime 4 releases he will have a major role in the game and he will end being a very cool antagonist, but at this moment I don't find the idea of Sylux very exciting.
Maybe it doesn't help that I find his design to be very uninspired. I hope for a better redesign if he's in Prime 4.
But its okay for Fire Emblem to get 8 reps amIrite? :4pacman:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
A new director would allow stuff from newer Kirby games be playable. Just saying.

That's like, my only gripe with Sakurai.
Chances are a new director won't get anywhere near the same control as Sakurai, that it's taken Nintendo until Smash Ultimate DLC to decide characters is remarkable in itself. If Sakurai steps down from developing Smash games then it's very likely Nintendo will take control of a lot more things than just characters, the only reason Sakurai is allowed so much control is because of his experience, reputation in the industry, and basically being the reason for the series' success to begin with. A new director would only replace Sakurai as far as the job title goes, but certainly not when it comes to all of his responsibilities.

Basically, what I'm saying is that if people want another director than Sakurai just for the sake of getting their desired character, things really wouldn't be all that different from how they are now on that front, and probably a lot worse in a lot of other regards.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
If history shows us anything is that it will likely come down to who Nintendo/Pokemon Company want to market and promote this generation.

If I had to make a guess it's gonna come down to Rillaboom or Inteleon, Cinderace I think is less likelier than the other 2, (But not impossible) Only because one thing we do know is that Ash's traveling companion's main Pokemon is Scorbunny and history has shown us again that Ash's main starter during the generation at the time that takes priority as rep more times than not based on past promoted Pokemon in Charizard/Greninja/Incineroar who made into Super Smash Bros over the years.

Urshifu makes a lot of sense as it's release lines up nicely with the 2nd fighter pass and Pokemon Sword & Shield DLC Expansion releases this Summer and Fall, Plus he's a Fighting Type Pokemon based on Kung Fu/Martial Arts Style combat which should transitioned nicely into Smash.
I keep seeing a lot of people thinking Urshifu is likely, but there's a lot of things going to against that Pokemon. Specifically it's two style. Kubfu evolves into two different forms of Urshifu, with each having a different attack style. So it can't just switch style like most people suggest. Even if it could it they wouldn't make a character that can change it's moveset as a DLC fighter because that would require them to make two different fighters. That just never going to happen because one fighter takes a lot of time to make, so they're never going to tie in two fighters and sell them as one character. So you either have to choose between Urshifu Single Strike Style or Rapid Strike Style as the playable rep in Smash, you can't have both and you can't mix both either.

As for marketing right now Scorbunny has been the face of SwSh. It's the first to be shown and it's more prominent than the others in the marketing department. Right now Scorbunny is the only one shown in the anime with along other things making it the most likely Pokemon out of the three starters.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Hm, but that makes me think, who would be a good new director for Smash Bros.? Would their choices be more fan-oriented or corporate? So many possibilities and you know how people are with the concept of a new director.

Super Mario Odyssey.
Metroid Prime.
Donkey Kong Country.
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

All are heralded as some of the best Nintendo games ever made, all had new directors. Smash will be fine.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
If anything, the fact that they managed to fit seven Pokémon in four spirits is, in my eyes, evidence that they wanted to add as much as they could from Sword and Shield. Four spirits seems to be the standard for spirit events (with, if I remember correctly, Tetris being the only one with five since one piece would've been awkwardly left out), so the fact that they didn't just do the bare minimum shows they were adding as much as they could.

Starter trio. Box Legendary duo. Regional Pikaclone. And finally, Corviknight, who got tons of promotion and is pretty much a symbol of Galar considering the Corviknight Taxis. Wooloo's the only one I would say is a glaring omission, but you can't win 'em all.

But for real. Even if you think spirits don't disconfirm, Sword and Shield crammed as much as they could into their spirit event. If they knew a Galarmon was coming to the game, why would they do MORE than the bare minimum?

I just really think Galar will end up like Hoenn and Unova at the end of the day.
Again, it’s Pokémon. They have plenty to work with in terms of new Spirits. However, I acknowledge what you’re saying, and yes, it’s true, Galar could just end up like Unova or Hoenn.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
ngl I think it’s kinda cynical to think that the only viable first party picks are those that promote newer releases and give next to no consideration to older, pre-existing characters that are important, iconic and beloved in there home series, regardless if they’re a Spirit/Assist or not.
It is cynical, yes, but it's not without reason.

D

Deleted member

ngl I think it’s kinda cynical to think that the only viable first party picks are those that promote newer releases and give next to no consideration to older, pre-existing characters that are important, iconic and beloved in there home series, regardless if they’re a Spirit/Assist or not.
I wouldn't exactly call it cynical when it's been the pattern they've used for first party DLC newcomers. :ultcorrinf: promoted Fates and :Byleth: celebrated the newly released Three Houses. I'd like to be proven wrong and be surprised, but I'll be honest. Unless you're hugely fan requested, I don't see a first party getting in, especially when most first party series have been relegated to spirits and assist trophies.

1) We have no preexisting evidence where Nintendo will actually pull from an old iconic series of their own for DLC
2) We haven't seen any instance where spirits can be promoted yet, and that's theoretically reserved for huge fan requests like Geno or something.
3) All recent titles do not apply to the "spirit deconfirmed" argument--until proven otherwise via events--so they're inherently on the table.

Again, I'd like to be wrong on this hunch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
It's speculation. Do I have to start everything with "I think" or "My guess based off of research" anytime I have to say a bloody think on this website? Any time someone says anything online you should take it as just their opinion. I feel confident on my take based off of what happen in the past and current patterns, so sorry that I didn't say "I believe Rex ain't happen" and "I believe that Cinderace is the most likely rep based off of the anime"
Can you necessarily blame me though. Your actions in several threads are evident of what I was saying. Your actions in threads like the Geno thread for instance very much do give off vibes of you disliking the character which then causes you to try to make other people view him as impossible by setting down rules. It may only happen occasionally but it undeniably does happen. If it was any other person I’d completely understand what they mean, but if it’s you it’s safe to at least want to keep an open mind.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I mean you literally said here that everything you were saying wasn't fanrules/opinions and was indeed a fact.

I won't question your intentions, but just don't act surprised when people accuse you of acting all high and mighty when you word things like that.
Those things are fully fact. They're never going to put a random Pokemon as the playable character in Smash, you think they'll ever put a Pokemon like Greedent in the game? No, there is an establish rule to what type of Pokemon is getting in.
Assist Trophies are for characters that they have no plans of making playable and the ones they don't think have moveset potential. They only upgraded one Assist Trophy to have a unique moveset while the other two are either clone or semi-clone characters. They're not going to upgrade an Assist Trophy especially seeing how the character is already represented.
And if a Spirit is added in post game then they're 100% not happening. All characters were decided last year, why would they make a Spirit Event for a character that's going to be DLC?
This is so much common sense that it's not a bloody fanrule, opinion, or speculation. It's the equivalent of saying Mario is going to be in the next Smash Bros game or how Goku will never happen. There are some things that are just fact when it comes to Smash Bros.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
>15-20 years of experience
>Brings everyone back
>Adds Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo.

But Hat Goomba isn’t playable! Pack it up boys, we need a new director!!!! :DDDD
I don't care about BDW but calling him Hat Goomba is unnecessary, it's not better than calling Terry Hat Ken.

I agree to an extent. But what can I do if that's how I see it? So far all the DLC from first parties were from upcoming or recent games, and if we keep in mind that main candidates like BWD, Isaac, Waluigi, Springman and more are already in the game in some way, I think it's natural to not consider them very viable for DLC.
But its okay for Fire Emblem to get 8 reps amIrite? :4pacman:
I don't get why you said that, honestly. I was talking about Sylux and why he doesn't excite me as a new Metroid rep.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
My dudes, believe what you want...but some of the speculation people put out there is based on something and not just spitballing.

As others have said, the concept that first party DLC picks will be similar to Corrin and Byleth is literally based on what has happened previously. It doesn't confirm that all first party DLC will operate that way, but that information matters...even if you don't like the sound of it.

Having hope is one thing. Downplaying legitimate information to fit an agenda is another. I'm not saying anybody here is doing the latter right now, but it has been something that character speculation has been plagued with in my humble opinion.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Again, it’s Pokémon. They have plenty to work with in terms of new Spirits. However, I acknowledge what you’re saying, and yes, it’s true, Galar could just end up like Unova or Hoenn.
But that's the other thing. Yes, there are other Galar Pokémon to work with. But let's bring up a hypothetical for a second.

Let's say Byleth wasn't number five and we got a Three Houses spirit event with Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, and their Timeskip forms as evolving spirits.

Everyone would be unanimously saying Three Houses was out of the running. After all, the three house leaders were by and large the most marketed characters.

But that's the thing. Three Houses, after all the DLC, has forty playable units, and that's not even factoring in important NPCs like Sothis, Rhea, or Jeralt (with the former two getting spirits anyway).

But nobody would take "Three Houses has more to work with" as an indicator that they could still be in. Because why would they do a spirit event with their most marketed characters if they intended to make Byleth a character?

That's the scenario Pokémon Sword and Shield are in right now. Their most marketed characters got made into spirits, even if they theoretically could add more.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Decidueye was heavily considered and barely had any presence at all in the anime. Scorbunny appearing doesn't confirm that the Pokemon Company has their eye on Cinderace either, as Scorbunny could be like Piplup and we never see him evolve so he can be a foil to Pikachu.
I keep seeing a lot of people thinking Urshifu is likely, but there's a lot of things going to against that Pokemon. Specifically it's two style. Kubfu evolves into two different forms of Urshifu, with each having a different attack style. So it can't just switch style like most people suggest. Even if it could it they wouldn't make a character that can change it's moveset as a DLC fighter because that would require them to make two different fighters. That just never going to happen because one fighter takes a lot of time to make, so they're never going to tie in two fighters and sell them as one character. So you either have to choose between Urshifu Single Strike Style or Rapid Strike Style as the playable rep in Smash, you can't have both and you can't mix both either.

As for marketing right now Scorbunny has been the face of SwSh. It's the first to be shown and it's more prominent than the others in the marketing department. Right now Scorbunny is the only one shown in the anime with along other things making it the most likely Pokemon out of the three starters.
There is the possibility that they can make Urshifu have an echo fighter that way they can have both Single and Rapid strike forms, But if their playstyle really is drastically different than I can probably see why they might pass on him.

Still not sold on Scorbunny/Cinderace since Smash has never really promoted a "Traveling Companion's" Pokemon which happens to be Scorbunny, It's always has been the main starter that is fully evolved on Ash's team that usually gets promoted to fighter status.(Charizard/Greninja/Incineroar) , So I would think at some point he will catch a Sobble or Grookey and it's final evolution will be a fighter, But than again you never know, I'm just going off based on past history.

(Personally, I hope it's Inteleon)

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Those things are fully fact. They're never going to put a random Pokemon as the playable character in Smash, you think they'll ever put a Pokemon like Greedent in the game? No, there is an establish rule to what type of Pokemon is getting in.
Assist Trophies are for characters that they have no plans of making playable and the ones they don't think have moveset potential. They only upgraded one Assist Trophy to have a unique moveset while the other two are either clone or semi-clone characters. They're not going to upgrade an Assist Trophy especially seeing how the character is already represented.
And if a Spirit is added in post game then they're 100% not happening. All characters were decided last year, why would they make a Spirit Event for a character that's going to be DLC?
This is so much common sense that it's not a bloody fanrule, opinion, or speculation. It's the equivalent of saying Mario is going to be in the next Smash Bros game or how Goku will never happen. There are some things that are just fact when it comes to Smash Bros.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but those are just fan rules, opinions and speculation lol. Nothing says those things can’t happen no matter what supposed logic you provide. Sakurai hasn’t said anything so no matter how likely, this absurd logic doesn’t make any sense. Even if Sakurai did deconfirm it it could still happen. Nothing is stopping it. Likelihood is one thing but this is absurdity to its max acting as if it’s guaranteed to not happen

D

Deleted member

We all thought they'd never put a random mook in Smash before :ultpiranha:. Don't jump the gun on this one.

So what you're saying is that they've historically upgraded assist trophies before. Not exactly a good argument here.

I agree on this one, though I am liable to be proven wrong when Baboom wins. More seriously, Pokemon DLC is coming out, so they can promote that and use a legendary Pokemon instead of a starter.

D

Deleted member

If Nintendo is picking the last 6, I'd imagine they're going to be all in-house, promotional characters. They have no reason to pay yet another 3rd party developer for the rights to use a character. In they're eyes, they've probably overloaded it enough with third party. I could see maybe another Sega character at most since Nintendo is pretty close with them and may not need to bargain much for another Sonic character or something.

As for the others, likely all Promotional characters depending on the release slate in the comings months (year):

A Pokemon character to help drum up more attention for the Crown & Tundra expansion to be added to Gen 8. In terms of likeliness for a Gen 8 pokemon (if a pokemon is indeed added), this would be most likely to least I think (least as in, at least has a chance): Rillaboom, Intelleon, Cinderace, Grimmsnarl, Urishifu,Toxtricity, Duralduron, new Legendary pokemon whose Silhouette was recently shown off. I'm 100% that if we get a new Pokemon rep, then it will be a Gen 8 pokemon.

A Zelda character; likely Zelda herself; from BotW 2 after the game gets more detail released during the Summer months when Nintendo does a huge Direct info dump. Impa or a new Ganon are also possible; I think if we get another Zelda rep, its going to be Either Zelda, Ganon, or Impa (three highly recurring characters) as opposed to someone like Midna in her real form or Majora (as much as I'd like for Majora to be added; unless the new game has Majora come back, I don't see them adding the character in now of all times).

Fiora. We've already got Shulk, people have been clamoring for Fiora, and we've got the Definitive Edition coming soon; I wouldn't put it past them to add her to help promote the definitive edition coming.

Another Metroid character. This could possibly be the greatest iteration for Smash brothers with a 3rd Metroid character added since they've got Metroid Prime 4 coming and may look to add someone from the game to hype it up a bit.

Another Mario franchise character. Mario is their flagship series and is the face of Nintendo (even though pokemon and Zelda are both enormous faces of Nintendo as well). We'll undoubtedly learn of a new Mario game in the coming months (since Odyssey has been out for awhile now) and I'd say its a good chance we get someone who somehow hasn't gotten representation yet (like King Boo or Kamek or something) or possibly even a new villain. Mario Odyssey was announced with, what, a 3 month wait time until the game actually released? They kept that pretty well under wraps. Come this summer, I think we're going to get a whole slew of announcements for core Nintendo titles where they will have plenty of potential for Smash characters to help hype up the release.

Final possibility would be an 'old school' character like Ryu or one of their very old, nearly forgotten properties.

This is just my guess/take on it since we learned Nintendo fully picked the characters (with Sakurai's only input likely being whether the character would be do-able or not). I sincerely doubt I'm 100% correct on my guess here, but I definitely expect to see at least one character from the possible franchises I named to make it in as one of the last 6 DLC additions.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
As far as potential promotional first party characters go, I feel like if people really need to reach in order to find viable options, then that probably means we're not getting any more. Maybe BotW2 has someone that'll fit the bill, but Prime 4 is likely still too far off for Sylux to get in (and there's no reason for them to include the Prime Hunters version of the character when he's likely getting an overhaul), while Pokémon Sw/Sh has the whole Spirit situation.

A Three Houses rep was the clear frontrunner for a first party character because everything lined up so well for it (timing and lack of Spirit Event), but that's not really the case for any potential promotional picks atm, except BotW2, but of course with Zelda being Zelda it's far from guaranteed that it'll introduce a character that'll make for a viable candidate for Smash.

I don't think it's outlandish to suggest Byleth might be our only promotional DLC character, in fact I don't even find it particularly unlikely he may end up being our only first party DLC character, simply because the options on that front are relatively thin. To me it seems like DLC characters are picked out on a case-by-case basis, so I don't really get too hooked up on patterns, unlike a lot of the predictions I see for FP2 which seem to want an equivalent to every character from FP1 (if I had a penny for every time I have seen 2B be referred to as the Joker of FP2...). I don't think it's impossible we'll get a "Byleth of FP2", but I don't find it particularly likely either.

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Just put Katsuhiro "I don't negotiate with spammer terrorists" Harada in charge of Smash. I'm 100% serious.
I don't know if I'd want that, because there's the chance that Harada would pull a Negan.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If Nintendo is picking the last 6, I'd imagine they're going to be all in-house, promotional characters. They have no reason to pay yet another 3rd party developer for the rights to use a character. In they're eyes, they've probably overloaded it enough with third party. I could see maybe another Sega character at most since Nintendo is pretty close with them and may not need to bargain much for another Sonic character or something.

As for the others, likely all Promotional characters depending on the release slate in the comings months (year):

A Pokemon character to help drum up more attention for the Crown & Tundra expansion to be added to Gen 8. In terms of likeliness for a Gen 8 pokemon (if a pokemon is indeed added), this would be most likely to least I think (least as in, at least has a chance): Rillaboom, Intelleon, Cinderace, Grimmsnarl, Urishifu,Toxtricity, Duralduron, new Legendary pokemon whose Silhouette was recently shown off. I'm 100% that if we get a new Pokemon rep, then it will be a Gen 8 pokemon.

A Zelda character; likely Zelda herself; from BotW 2 after the game gets more detail released during the Summer months when Nintendo does a huge Direct info dump. Impa or a new Ganon are also possible; I think if we get another Zelda rep, its going to be Either Zelda, Ganon, or Impa (three highly recurring characters) as opposed to someone like Midna in her real form or Majora (as much as I'd like for Majora to be added; unless the new game has Majora come back, I don't see them adding the character in now of all times).

Fiora. We've already got Shulk, people have been clamoring for Fiora, and we've got the Definitive Edition coming soon; I wouldn't put it past them to add her to help promote the definitive edition coming.

Another Metroid character. This could possibly be the greatest iteration for Smash brothers with a 3rd Metroid character added since they've got Metroid Prime 4 coming and may look to add someone from the game to hype it up a bit.

Another Mario franchise character. Mario is their flagship series and is the face of Nintendo (even though pokemon and Zelda are both enormous faces of Nintendo as well). We'll undoubtedly learn of a new Mario game in the coming months (since Odyssey has been out for awhile now) and I'd say its a good chance we get someone who somehow hasn't gotten representation yet (like King Boo or Kamek or something) or possibly even a new villain. Mario Odyssey was announced with, what, a 3 month wait time until the game actually released? They kept that pretty well under wraps. Come this summer, I think we're going to get a whole slew of announcements for core Nintendo titles where they will have plenty of potential for Smash characters to help hype up the release.

Final possibility would be an 'old school' character like Ryu or one of their very old, nearly forgotten properties.

This is just my guess/take on it since we learned Nintendo fully picked the characters (with Sakurai's only input likely being whether the character would be do-able or not). I sincerely doubt I'm 100% correct on my guess here, but I definitely expect to see at least one character from the possible franchises I named to make it in as one of the last 6 DLC additions.
I mean, that's all well and good but

Nintendo picked the Fighter Pass too, meaning they picked Joker, Dragon Quest Heroes, Banjo-Kazooie, Terry Bogard, and Byleth. I'd say it's hasty to assume it's all first party shill picks.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Just put Katsuhiro "I don't negotiate with spammer terrorists" Harada in charge of Smash. I'm 100% serious.
would that mean Smash would legitimately have leakbait?

speculation will have a field day with that one

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Nintendo picked all the Fighters in season 1 as well.

osby

Smash Obsessed
At least it'd be Ganondorf with a (hopefully) faithful moveset.
It's going to be a full roster moveset clone with Mario's FLUDD, PAC-MAN's Hydrant, Isabelle's down smash and other normals derived from Greninja, Squirtle and Corrin.

Sakurai: "We're hoping that you'll find Ganondorf hydrated enough, just like he is in the BotW2"

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Since Nintendo picked the DLC again, we can probably safely expect any first party characters in the pass to be promotional picks for as-of-yet unannounced Nintendo games.
So Sakurai is saying that Nintendo are the ones picking DLC again and this was really extra without being planned to begin with... yeah it's time to put expectation down super lower. You getting one fan favorite added, a mobile character that's most likely going to be from Fire Emblem Heroes, a Pokemon SwSh which is going to be Cinderace, no Assist Trophy or Mii Costume upgrade, a promotional character, and two third party characters that Sakurai is going to like. Also no Geno or western characters like Doomguy or Scorpion, Japanese developers always make games that cater to Japanese audience so if a character they don't own (third parties) has zero presence to the Japanese audience then expect the only form they're coming in as a Mii Fighter Costume or Spirits. Just like Assassin's Creed and Rayman.

Sounds like everything is coming up Golden Sun!

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Nintendo has been making it big in the mobile market, especially with Fire Emblem Heroes making $285 million, so they're going to want their mobile games to be present in Smash Bros, especially with this being the last DLC added to Smash Bros. It's either FE Heroes or Dragalia Lost.
T. A person who don't know how or what FE Heros is or how it's plays

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
"Any time someone says anything online you should take it as just their opinion"

Not even 30 minutes later:

"Those things are fully fact"

I'm freaking dead lmao

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
But that's the other thing. Yes, there are other Galar Pokémon to work with. But let's bring up a hypothetical for a second.

Let's say Byleth wasn't number five and we got a Three Houses spirit event with Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, and their Timeskip forms as evolving spirits.

Everyone would be unanimously saying Three Houses was out of the running. After all, the three house leaders were by and large the most marketed characters.

But that's the thing. Three Houses, after all the DLC, has forty playable units, and that's not even factoring in important NPCs like Sothis, Rhea, or Jeralt (with the former two getting spirits anyway).

But nobody would take "Three Houses has more to work with" as an indicator that they could still be in. Because why would they do a spirit event with their most marketed characters if they intended to make Byleth a character?

That's the scenario Pokémon Sword and Shield are in right now. Their most marketed characters got made into spirits, even if they theoretically could add more.
The final forms of the starters weren’t used. Assuming that one of the three starters isn’t chosen, that’s 3 more spirits. 2 if one of the starters is chosen. Then there’s the Pokémon that got popular after the game’s release. Wooloo, Yamper, Snom, etc. and then the “Legendary” spirit could be a Gigantamax Charizard.

I see what you’re trying to get at, but from my understanding, the second Fighters Pass wasn’t originally planned? I may be mistaken. With Pokémon Sword and Shield doing so well, and having upcoming DLC, I’m just trying to say it’s possible.

D

Deleted member

I like the list, but I don't inherently agree with this. Sakurai's made it clear that his mission is to make Ultimate as big of a crossover as possible, and we should all remember Nintendo chose the fighters for last pass too. It's how we got characters like :ultjoker::ulthero::ult_terry:. We also know clearly that third party companies seem very excited to get their IPs in Smash Bros. Phil Spencer was eager to see :ultbanjokazooie: in Smash, :ult_terry: gave us 50 tracks from all of SNKs library, Sega and Capcom are still putting new content into Ultimate (mii costumes and spirits), they did as good as they could with :ulthero: and his rights--giving us four alternate costumes from different games, and having flipping Konami bring us :ultsnake:, :ultsimon:,:ultrichter:, and a Bomberman assist trophy is insane.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw an increase in first party DLC characters, but I'm feeling optimistic over how many third parties we can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom