• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nintendo posted a random reminder that Joker is in Smash on Twitter and it nearly gave me a heart attack because I thought it was related to something new when I glance across it at first. Thanks, Twitter PR Guy.
Atlus asked Nintendo to post Persona stuff so they can keep pretending people don't actually ask for P5 on the Switch

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Here is mine. Didn't add characters who are Assist Trophies, Spirits or Mii costumes... unless I made a mistake which is really likely.

Yeah I put Goku that high up! Crucify me.

My tier list.png

Kokiden

Smash Ace
DMC3 is releasing this week on the Switch.

I'm dreading a Spirit event release this week, or the coming weeks, and sincerely hope it won't be of DMC...

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Shall see if Emily Rogers and Zippo and are indeed correct this week.

If no Animal Crossing direct we can rule them out.
DMC3 is releasing this week on the Switch.

I'm dreading a Spirit event release this week, or the coming weeks, and sincerely hope it won't be of DMC...
*Celebrates quietly meaning Phoenix Wright's chances increases*

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Didn't he just say that there's two directs this month?
If there is one this week, there’s still a possibility of a direct for next week as well as it’s the last week of February

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well there is a chance it can be announced tonight at 7-9 PM EST, but I’m really not counting on it

tbh the whole coronavirus affecting the Chinese production factories is DEFINITELY affecting this. May as well accept it at this point, it’s for safety measures

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
wait... I thought Zippo said he was just a speculator

why were we taking his words as gospel?

EDIT: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wouldn't really expect any word on anything Smash related until around April at this point. We were told it'll be awhile and the first fighter's pass is out now, so its time to just sit back, relax, and enjoy what we've got for now. I'm guessing April or May for some kind of Tease as they're likely buckling down to release 2 more this year and the final 4 next year.

Just for fun, I'm going to try and predict the Drop dates for the second pass:

April/May Tease or Reveal
June - DLC Fighter 6

September Trailer Reveal
October - DLC Fighter 7

Early January Trailer Reveal
January - DLC Fighter 8

April Trailer Reveal
May - DLC Fighter 9

August Trailer Reveal
September - DLC Fighter 10

Late November Trailer/Teaser
December - DLC Fighter 11 (Final Character released on 3rd Anniversary for Smash Bros Ultimate)

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Bout to drop some hard truths on y’all

Wait so I suppose this means Emily’s wrong too. Has she been wrong before?
There's no Mother 3 on Switch.

I believe she was also on the "Smash on Switch is the Wii U version deluxe", but I could be wrong.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There's no Mother 3 on Switch.

I believe she was also on the "Smash on Switch is the Wii U version deluxe", but I could be wrong.
Think that last one that said it’d only have two new characters was Laura Kate Dale

Faso115

Smash Lord
on the other hand i'm seriously hyped for the famitsu column that will talk about nothing :4pacman:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Totally forgot about Laura Kate Dale. That's definitely who it was, thanks.

Was there anything she got right that wasn't Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle?
To my knowledge, no

on the other hand i'm seriously hyped for the famitsu column that will talk about nothing :4pacman:
Watch as that, too, is delayed

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Can't wait for the next direct to have two games that people actually care about while the rest are completely forgotten as soon as their trailers end.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Did the tier list maker, though I went and removed the "No Strong Feelings One Way or the Other" tier so the image wouldn't be too big. Basically, if someone is on the tier list maker, but not on the tier list, they're either already playable or were in the indifferent tier.

Likeliness wasn't factored in. Just enjoyment. Not ordered within the tiers themselves outside of like, the first seven or so on top.
my-image.png

D

Deleted member

Can't wait for the next direct to have two games that people actually care about while the rest are completely forgotten as soon as their trailers end.
they're gonna show mediocre shovelware and one or two nice things and everyone's gonna think it's meh and then they're gonna hit us with 13 seconds of botw2 info and then it's gonna be in the top 10 directs

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Almost always. Don't think there have many times where they've been like, "Surprise! Direct tonight at 7:00! Hope you don't have other plans or commitments!"
Well there was that time Joker officially released, a presentation out of literally nowhere, not even announced in advance

but like an impromptu Robin/Lucina style reveal without a direct, I wouldn’t count on a surprise Joker style proper reveal happening again either

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Almost always. Don't think there have many times where they've been like, "Surprise! Direct tonight at 7:00! Hope you don't have other plans or commitments!"
God, do you remember, was it Robin/Lucina's trailer that they just shadowdropped the video on Youtube? And they used to announce them at press only events at E3 like for Wii Fit and Pac-Man so they could go write articles for them.

That was nuts. I could never imagine them not doing a big streaming reveal for a Smash character today. Man, the world changes so fast.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
I just cautiously waiting for the spirit event.

I have the feeling it's going to be one of those salt-inducing ones

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Imagine if a reveal was planned beforehand but it got delayed for whatever reason, so Sakurai has to write a completely different column than he initially planned.

"Yeah there's six fighters in this pass, and they're, uhmmmmmMMmmmmuhhhhhh video game characters. And they... um... are from video games. That are video games. Hahahaha."

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
People only care about Directs for the last 10 or so seconds to show off the "One more thing game."

That's pretty much what people use to grade the Direct: The actual 30-minute ad is meaningless as long as the last 5 seconds is a game on my wishlist. :4pacman:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Well there was that time Joker officially released, a presentation out of literally nowhere, not even announced in advance

but like an impromptu Robin/Lucina style reveal without a direct, I wouldn’t count on a surprise Joker style proper reveal happening again either
A single impromptu reveal is possible but unlikely. An entire Direct though? I don't think they'd be so casual about something that big. They'd want to maximize their views, and to do that, they need to tell people in advance so they can make the necessary preparations.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
92D7C265-E976-4BE1-8BDC-5F65EE56E9D0.jpeg

I know not everything has to do with Smash, but I’d like to take this opportunity to talk about Cooking Mama since she’s got a new game coming out.

Most people would call her a joke character, she would undoubtedly be pretty humorous, but I think her series is prominent enough, 12 million isn’t something to sneeze at and she’s pretty recognizable.

At the very least her legacy with Nintendo warrants her a Mii Costume and Spirit in my mind. Mii Swordfighter Cooking Mama with a rolling pin would be a lot of fun and the proportions fit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom