• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
Caling a prediction now: this won't be our last brush with Arcsys. It would be super weird if RC was all they got into Smash considering their vast history.

For reference, I think NMH content will come from Marvelous for a similar reason, Spirit Event or otherwise.
I am willing to sacrifice one of my picks (not 2B or Nero/Dante) for Sol as a playable character

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Sakurai and Nintendo chose Byleth. That's it. No need for dumbass fan theories or essays.

Deal with it and move on because it's happening whether you or anyone else wants it to or not. And if I sound aggressive, I'm sorry but since Byleth was announced, I've been seeing constant ********. Over and over!

Maybe the FE fans wouldn't be so smug if people would stop being such ****ing bell ends to them about a character and a game they like.

Cause I'll tell you this right now, if it was Dante or Geno or Crash, they wouldn't be complaining! They'd have nothing negative to say. If anything, they'd be happy about the 3H DLC that was announced that same day.

If not antagonized, most fanbases keep to themselves but Smash Fans don't. When Smash fans feel slighted by a man and a team that worked countless hours to give us a full on game AND THEN DLC which gave the likes of Banjo and Joker by a character pick, they attack like a ****ing hive against other fan bases.

Hero? ******* and moaned

Terry? ******* and moaned.

Byleth? ******* and moaned.

And each time Smash Fans did that, that's when their respective fan bases struck back with "Hoes Mad" so maybe not being **** headed wasps wouldn't draw the ire of a fanbase.

I get being disappointed but for ****s sake, whining, complaining and getting mad at a guy who wanted to show fanart is childish and sad
Ok. Getting angry at receiving hate messages should be fine, and seeing smug nonsense is ok then. Sure thing pal.

According to some users that’s fine though.

Also, learn the difference between not liking a picture, and not liking an actual human. I didn't like the picture, I have no issues with the guy who posted it. Smh.

Way to sidetrack of me hating people who trash on others, and focusing on the wrong thing instead btw. Really stellar.

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
With Guilty Gear and Blazblue being a big part of fighting games, I can't see any Arc Sys character that doesn't belong to either series. Kunio hasn't been that active in comparison.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
hope there aren't any kunio stans here

Ouch. Feels like we're getting someone KO'd every week or so now. Luckily the only ones that bummed me out were Astral Chain and Resident Evil so far

Hoo boy, I can smell those Ace Attorney and Tales spirit events now.
HEY. STOP IT. STOP IT RIGHT NOW

cosmicB

Smash Ace
This is also the first spirit event where the third party company does not have a fighter in Smash (I'm not counting Tetris here because it's advertising Tetris 99 which is Nintendo published). It would be weird to talk to the company if we weren't getting more, though that's far from a guarantee considering stuff like the Ubisoft and Shantae content in the game.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Maybe because I don’t use Twitter, but I have never seen anyone spamming that meme or getting personally sent by those memes

All I have seeing people doing ironicly and people complaining about the meme

Honestly dude, it just comes across that you are upset about FE fan celebrating in general :/
They can celebrate. I don’t care.

I draw the line when my PM’s are blown up with hate messages, which I what I’m still getting.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Caling a prediction now: this won't be our last brush with Arcsys. It would be super weird if RC was all they got into Smash considering their vast history.

For reference, I think NMH content will come from Marvelous for a similar reason, Spirit Event or otherwise.
I think it's at least possible, if not the most likely, that we're getting an Arc System Works character... and I also think it'll specifically be Sol Badguy as a "promotional pick" for Guilty Gear -STRIVE- (bonus points if the game gets a Switch port shortly before his reveal).

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
They can celebrate. I don’t care.

I draw the line when my PM’s are blown up with hate messages, which I what I’m still getting.
Ooof. Yeah that's not ok. Hope you reported that crap. Don't need people doing that here.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I always predicted Sol would be added as a post pass character. And he would be a hype 1st character for the 2nd pass to sell it.

KillerCage

Smash Master

RIP anyone who wanted a River City Ransom rep.
Oh shoot. We better not let DarthEnderX kno-
WTF DOES IT SAY?!
Sorry, Darth!

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Evo Japan is coming soon y'all think they'll give us something? They didn't any years prior. But you never really know

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I think it's at least possible, if not the most likely, that we're getting an Arc System Works character... and I also think it'll specifically be Sol Badguy as a "promotional pick" for Guilty Gear -STRIVE- (bonus points if the game gets a Switch port shortly before his reveal).
Arcsys also seems to be helping the Switch a lot. And maybe I'm remembering wrong, but didn't the Switch ports of BBCF and BBTAG sell pretty well in the Switch's early life?

Sounds familiar? :ult_terry:

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Man can we all switch topic to talking about how we all got first into Smash Bros? Would enjoy some good stories.

It's been about 15 years since I discovered Smash Bros at 8 years old. I'm old now.
I was introduced to Smash when I was 11 by my older cousin when I visited him. We literally played from morning to the next morning. I also remember Link being my very first character, before I switched to Fox.

I remember fond memories of sneaking out of bed with my other relatives to play all throughout the night. I unfortunately, remember being the weakest player out of all of us, back then, even my 7 year old cousin was kicking my ass, her favorite character was Kirby.

I'll never forget the joy it brought all of us.

From then on I've played and owned every Smash game since then (but my Melee disk went missing from some reason) and will continue to do so.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Here's all the first party Switch titles that were released after Smash that hasn't gotten any Spirit Event yet

Fitness Boxing
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (port)
Yoshi's Crafted World
BoxBoy + BoxGirl!
Super Mario Maker 2
Fire Emblem: Three Houses (:p)
Super Kirby Clash
Ring Fit Adventure
Luigi's Mansion 3
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 (though that one's kinda half & half)
The Stretchers
Brain Age: Nintendo Switch Training (though that one doesn't have an American release yet)
Tokyo Mirage Session (again, half & half. Also port)
Animal Crossing: New Horizons (yet to be released)

As far as I'm concerned, you know what that means!!!

BOX BOY FEVER!!! :yoshi:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Arcsys also seems to be helping the Switch a lot. And maybe I'm remembering wrong, but didn't the Switch ports of BBCF and BBTAG sell pretty well in the Switch's early life?

They haven't been that successful iirc. Dunno how well or badly Central Fiction has done on Switch, but Cross Tag wasn't exactly a best-seller (even though support for that version is still kicking). Then again, if they performed too bad, there'd be no reason for them release a brand-new version of UNIB on the system, so hopefully they're doing well.

KillerCage

Smash Master
The Kunio-Kun series just got a Spirit Board Event, which naturally means that Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear now has one less competitor in regards to an Arc System Works character getting into Smash.
Don't forget about Ragna the Bloodedge from Blazblue.
Even better.

An Kingdom Hearts spirit event.

The salt was be beyond any limits.
Byleth would be NOTHING compared to the amount of salt generated if Kingdom Hearts got relegated to just spirits.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

I don't think their Switch support has been as extensive as SNK's, but they've certainly been porting games to the system. BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Cross Tag Battle, Guilty Gear (the first one), Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R, Dragon Ball FighterZ, River City Girls, Under Night In-Birth, Kill la Kill the Game: IF... by this point, a character in Smash wouldn't be that surprising.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

RIP anyone who wanted a River City Ransom rep.
Awwww man.
And it was an IP with a long legacy.
Oh well, you can’t win them all I guess. Sill cool of them to be in Smash via spirits at least.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
They haven't been that successful iirc. Dunno how well or badly Central Fiction has done on Switch, but Cross Tag wasn't exactly a best-seller (even though support for that version is still kicking). Then again, if they performed too bad, there'd be no reason for them release a brand-new version of UNIB on the system, so hopefully they're doing well.
I don't think they sold like crazy, just "well". And yeah, UNICLR! I guess interest in the Switch was enough for Arcsys to do that one. It's still labeled as an exclusive for now, right?

Droodle

Smash Lord
You know what, screw Geno, screw Sora, screw Dante, screw Waluigi. We need an extra special pass for vol 2.

Here's what I'm thinking.

Mephiles_the_dark.png

1. Mephiles the Dark. From the best sonic game; and sonic's most iconic rival. They could even make him really unique with chaos control too.

pietro.jpg

2. Pietro. Sonic's most iconic "helper" character. Pietro is one of the most fondly remembered one-offs in all of the Sonic fandom. His, "Who is the captain" quest brought me to tears.
eggman.jpg

3. I mean, who doesn't know Dr. Ivan "Eggman" Robotnik? One of the most iconic villains in the world, self explanatory.
TSR_Silver.png

4. Silver the Hedgehog. I mean it's no use escaping from one of Sonic's biggest frenemies, is there? One of the biggest requests in Smash history.
Elise.jpg

5. Elise. Elise is Sonic's equivalent of princess peach; only like a 100x cooler. Her romance with the Blue Blur is one of the most iconic in all of video gaems.

And finally... 6.

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na
The_Wierdo_Sonicman.png

6. Sonicman. Do you really need me to explain? He saved Elise, and fights bad guys! He is Sonicman!

Also I am very sorry if I caused PTSD to anyone. :D

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Fighters Pass Vol. 2 baby LET'S GO! Just gonna share my dream Pass for Vol. 2 :seuss: (in no particular order).

- Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends With You - Square Enix)
- Dante (Devil May Cry - Capcom)
- Crash (Crash Bandicoot - Activision)
- Rayman (Rayman - Ubisoft)
- Goemon (Ganbare Goemon - Konami) (I know we got his Mii Costume, but these don't necessarily hard deconfirm characters :nifty:)
- Doom Slayer (DOOM - Id Software/Bethesda)

Other names I wouldn't mind switching in for some of the ones mentioned (some being either Goemon or Rayman... the pain :() are:

- Pauline (sure, First Party rep, but they better choose the original prima donna)
- Mandatory 8th Gen Pokémon (either Rillaboom to complement Greninja and Incineroar, or Urshifu to promote the Sword and Shield expansion passes)

Now, on the matter of premium Mii costumes, I feel that with Sans and Cuphead, Nintendo might actually be taking this route to represent popular indie game franchises. It makes sense since many indie franchises were inspired on other classic franchises; inspiring each indie character's playstyle. Some potential premium Mii Costumes I could see coming in Vol. 2 are:

- Knight from Castle Crashers (Mii Swordfighter). The costume could have the additional feature to switch between color alts based on the six variants from the game (red, orange, green, blue, grey, and pink). Music Track: Jumper
- Shovel Knight (Mii Swordfighter). I know he's already in Ultimate as an Assist Trophy, however, contrary to the possibilities for a full fledged fighter; this does not affect the possibilities of a Mii Costume. Music Track: Strike the Earth!
- Commander Video from Bit Runner (Mii Brawler). Music Track: Blackout City
- Hollow Knight (Mii Swordfighter). Music Track: White Defender

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Wow, there was alot people wanted Kunio apperntly

You know, Sakura, if people dreaded and dreading & activity getting hunted by a bounus feature in your game, you did something wrong
It may suck in the moment, but it's better than the nothing that River City Ransom would otherwise get. Removing Kunio's spirit wouldn't magically make him a fighter, it would just mean he isn't in Smash period.

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I don't think they sold like crazy, just "well". And yeah, UNICLR! I guess interest in the Switch was enough for Arcsys to do that one. It's still labeled as an exclusive for now, right?
It's also coming to PS4, PS3 and Vita. But frankly, I feel like the game will benefit from coming to Switch simply because all the folks who already own the title can get the update via a free/priced patch (PS4 for the former, 3 and Vita for the latter).

Goombaic

Smash Ace
How are all of you envisioning that potential Hollow Knight Mii costume because I have no idea how they would make it look right. At least Cuphead and Sans' proportions weren't too distorted. The Knight would have to be stretched out and have their arm out at all times, it'd look weird and ugly. That stands for Hornet, too.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I'd love for a future CP character to get a Mii Costume, only for the real deal to get revealed next.
Example:
  • The next fighter is revealed to be Crash Bandicoot.
  • Alongside him, the next wave of Mii Costumes are revealed.
  • With the Mii Costume wave, Sora is revealed as a Mii Costume.
  • But after all is said and done, Sora is revealed to be the next fighter after Crash Bandicoot.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Do y'all ever feel like the spirit events are like a slasher movie monster, taking out franchises one by one? Honestly it's a lot of fun, reminds me of the Brawl Dojo where reveals showed up a pretty much at any random time.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Do y'all ever feel like the spirit events are like a slasher movie monster, taking out franchises one by one? Honestly it's a lot of fun, reminds me of the Brawl Dojo where reveals showed up a pretty much at any random time.
They feel like sakurai's answer to "I want to add as much video games franchises as much as possible in this game" but cost less

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
Warning Issued
Ok. Getting angry at receiving hate messages should be fine, and seeing smug nonsense is ok then. Sure thing pal.

According to some users that’s fine though.

Also, learn the difference between not liking a picture, and not liking an actual human. I didn't like the picture, I have no issues with the guy who posted it. Smh.

Way to sidetrack of me hating people who trash on others, and focusing on the wrong thing instead btw. Really stellar.
I'll keep this as short and sweet as I can.

If you are disappointed in the way of "Aww, sucks that they are in. I really wanted someone else but hey, we have six more DLC. No sense in getting mad about it. Let them be happy." Then I apologize. I struck out at you unfairly because of the majority of the Smash Fandom being entitled children about a character pick the company and the creator of the game chose.

However, if you are upset because of the "HOES MAD" meme which was created because of salty ass Smash Fans being the wasps that they are and attacking other fanbases because of *Insert characters except Banjo here* being in instead of *Insert character you or the hivemind feel deserves to be in the game* and dislike that they are are smug because of the backlash by said entitled children WHILE ACTIVELY participating in it, to the point of hating mere fanart of the character, then you deserve the hate mail that you get because you're intentionally bringing that negativity to yourself.

If the latter, you have a choice of either continuing to let this eat away at you or just take a breath and let go because in two months time, this will blow over and none of this will matter. Especially if they announce the next DLC Fighter

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Yeah, I definitely enjoy the thrill and the worry that one of your favorite franchises could end up getting spirited away, and with RE getting one, a lot of "big" series are not safe either. :p

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Some interesting info on how the Fighters Pass 2 characters might be released...

Basically, if you believe this, the characters probably won't be rolled out slowly over the course of two years like everyone is expecting.
Oh...? So the full release might be way earlier than predicted?

Regardless, I don't expect this to be done until early 2021 at the very least. Assuming this is true, Sakurai probably foresaw that year as the end of the job and set it to December to be on the safe side.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
Honestly speaking, I would rather have my personal wants be spirits; rather then not be in the game at all.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Oh...? So the full release might be way earlier than predicted?

Regardless, I don't expect this to be done until warly 2021 at the very least. Assuming this is true, Sakurai probably foresaw that year as the end of the job and set it to December to be on the safe side.
Yeah, December 31st of next year feels like a "breathing room" date, just in case development isn't going as smoothly as they hope. Assuming Fighters Pass 2 goes at the same rate as the previous one, I'd expect everyone to be out (or at least be revealed) by next year's E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom