• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah he is a bad choice to end season 1, but a solid choice for midway through season 2. I would say there would be a bit less backlash, then I remember how angry some people got in between the time of Hero to Banjo's reveal. During those 40 minutes of darkness you could tell who knew about Gaming history and those simply blinded bias their bias nostalgia.
How can you see all the people who're still livid after 5 days, spreading conspiracies, spreading misinformation, pretending to like Ice Climber and more with the knowledge that there's 6 other characters likely not from FE and think there'd be more positive reactions if there were only 3 left? Smash fans are ****ing children, it doesn't matter when you give them a different toy than the one they asked for, they'll still throw it away while crying about how you clearly hate the child. We have EVERYONE IS HERE. We have Ridley. We have CastleVania. We have K.Rool. We have Banjo and many, many more to the point we're ending with over 80 goddamn characters, the crossover aspect of Smash means there are literally uncountable amounts of potential characters yet people WILL get angry for including literally anything. Even adding Terry, who Smash owes it's entire existence to, had people kick and scream, this is just how the fandom is now and they'll never ****ing grow up

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Because Banjo at least USED to be important. Golden Sun never was.
This is a clear lack of knowledge of the subject, or a deliberate willingness to forget reality.

According to VGChartz, the original Golden Sun sold 1.76 millions copies, including 0.40 millions in Japan, 0.93 in NA, and 0.38 in Europe.

Both Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones sold less than a million copies worldwide. The franchise was supposed to end with Awakening, but got saved only thanks to its 2.10 millions sales, not that much more than Golden Sun.

Earthbound was not originally released in Europe. The number of sales are hard to get, but it seems to have sold only 0.14 millions copies in US originally.

More recently, Xenoblade Chronicles was released on Wii. The game was acclaimed by critics. However, it only sold 0.92 millions copies. Xenoblade Chronicles 2, released on Switch, and considered as a success, got sold 1.34 millions times.

Other "classic" turn-based RPG got released and critically acclaimed recently. It was the case of Bravely Default, with 1.41 millions sales. On Switch, its spiritual successor Octopath Traveler has been considered a success and sold officially more than a million copies.

All of these examples are here to demonstrate that, even in an era where the video game market was considerably smaller and there were much less marketing, Golden Sun has sold remarkably well and even more than other games that are considered, today, cult classics or sales success.

Adding to that, the game was used as a marketing product at the back of the GBA packaging, as seen here and here.

I actually talked about this with a friend today, didn't the GBA have a lackluster RPG line up for a while? Golden Sun selling well would be like how ARMS sold well due to the small library, though I'm not as familiar with the GBA so I may very well be wrong here
The GBA, indeed, didn't have a lot of RPG. Golden Sun was one of the few, and it was a hit, whatever people may say nowadays. You can check the opinions on the first game made back 12 years ago on VGChartz, and GS2.
I feel that the comparison with ARMS is quite good.

I don't honestly remember myself, but I remember Golden Sun 1 and 2 doing rather well outside of Dark Dawn, and I think that still met sales expectations or wasn't too far off?
Poke. You can check what I wrote just up there.

Which character could possibly bring the least amount of salt and disappointment, for FP2#6?
Counting worldwide appeal: Phoenix Wright or Crash.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I use topic change!

View attachment 259077
Just you asking you all as I checked the wiki for boredom but was this MandyCan rumour ever talked about? Curious.
Yeah, it was.

I just figure it was one of those accounts where they post random predictions and then delete the ones that are wrong. It's more common than you think.

I'm sure they deleted their account to "look more legit," which is stupid considering leakers like Sabi still exist in broad daylight.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
KoF XV just got a leaked screenshot

https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/recruit/staff/nakata.php

... I'm divided on this. On one hand, this means The King of Fighters XV is gonna look absolutely gorgeous. On the other hand, this could possibly mean the finished game will suffer from the same issues as The King of Fighters XII (the graphics and character models all look great, but the game ends up suffering from a stupidly small roster because of that). Hopefully, the game will manage to look great without sacrificing too much of XIV's roster quantity.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
please say sike

PLEASE SAY SIKE
Look up JunkyJanker. That's Nicolas Cantu, the final voice actor of Gumball.

He has a Youtube and Twitch channel. He's, let's just say "critical" of anything even remotely "weebish". He was pretty angry over Hero as well, saying stuff like "no one wants Hero!" and whatnot. But boy, his Byleth reaction was probably the most toxic reaction I've seen that wasn't in text form. If you want, you could check out the VOD which is still up on his Twitch channel.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/536861943

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

He has a Youtube and Twitch channel. He's, let's just say "critical" of anything even remotely "weebish". He was pretty angry over Hero as well, saying stuff like "no one wants Hero!" and whatnot. But boy, his Byleth reaction was probably the most toxic reaction I've seen that wasn't in text form. If you want, you could check out the VOD which is still up on his Twitch channel.

Wow. To think I liked him too

Kokiden

Smash Ace
That isn't a smug expression / it wasn't a celebration picture

Seem like it struck a nerve
When you see Byleth fans spamming "Hoes mad HOES MAAAAAD" everywhere and screeching irrationally at you by calling you a terrible person and a hater when all one did was express disappointment about Byleth getting in, yeah, it did.

It's not allowed to be disappointed according to the FE fans I came across. There's just no reasoning with such madness.

That picture is the definition of smug satisfaction. It's literally written on their face.

Last edited:

Krankees

Smash Ace
That isn't a smug expression / it wasn't a celebration picture

Seem like it struck a nerve
When you see Byleth fans spamming "Hoes mad HOES MAAAAAD" everywhere and screeching irrationally at you by calling you a terrible person and a hater when all one did was express disappointment about Byleth getting in, yeah, it did.

It's not allowed to be disappointed according to the FE fans I came across. There's just no reasoning with such madness.

That picture is the definition of smug satisfaction. It's literally written on their face.
Let's stop talking about the picture. I brought it up because I liked that it was referencing one of my favorite anime. That's it.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

So, here my "professionally" made template of a little "hypothetical scenario" for what's to come in Fighters Pass Vol. 2. The characters chosen here were made specifically for bringing something new to the table like with the first FP. Out of all them, Crash would probably be the most basic of the bunch.​

Kokiden

Smash Ace
I'm sorry man, I liked the picture too but people are still in their feelings. Its honestly pathetic
I'd say the smug idiots who scream at people who are disappointed are the truly pathetic ones, not those who don't appreciate being treated like trash online for disagreeing.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Another game, this one completely for ****s and giggles.

"Pirates vs. Ninjas" Fighters Pass. Six characters, three of them pirates (yes, space pirates count), the other three ninjas. Go nuts!

I'll start...
  1. Captain Syrup (Wario Land)
  2. Edward Kenway (Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag)
  3. Motochika Chosokabe (Sengoku Basara)
  4. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
  5. Weavile (Pokemon Diamond and Pearl)
  6. Raiden (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance)

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace

This is why Byleth and Hero haters deserve to Byleth and Hero.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I’m planning on making a support thread for a Just Dance rep, but I want to make sure people would like to see a character like that first.
So, please tell me your thoughts on a Just Dance rep.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I’m planning on making a support thread for a Just Dance rep, but I want to make sure people would like to see a character like that first.
I personally wouldn't mind a Just Dance character, but if they were to get in before Rayman or Ezio... hoo boy...

D

Deleted member

A Just Dance rep can only be revealed at E3. It just wouldn't be Just Dance without Ubisoft's group of people dancing to a few songs in front of a crowd of gamers.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
A really dumb idea, there isn't really a face to the franchise and all of its music are license tracks.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
A Just Dance rep can only be revealed at E3. It just wouldn't be Just Dance without Ubisoft's group of people dancing to a few songs in front of a crowd of gamers.
And they must have a moment of silence for a recent tragedy while wearing their wacky costumes.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
How can you see all the people who're still livid after 5 days, spreading conspiracies, spreading misinformation, pretending to like Ice Climber and more with the knowledge that there's 6 other characters likely not from FE and think there'd be more positive reactions if there were only 3 left? Smash fans are ****ing children, it doesn't matter when you give them a different toy than the one they asked for, they'll still throw it away while crying about how you clearly hate the child. We have EVERYONE IS HERE. We have Ridley. We have CastleVania. We have K.Rool. We have Banjo and many, many more to the point we're ending with over 80 goddamn characters, the crossover aspect of Smash means there are literally uncountable amounts of potential characters yet people WILL get angry for including literally anything. Even adding Terry, who Smash owes it's entire existence to, had people kick and scream, this is just how the fandom is now and they'll never ****ing grow up
Agreed. If I had never heard of Ice Climbers and they just got revealed, I wouldn't be excited at all. Though I mike be slightly more positive feeling because it's a new IP at least. I think a lot of us were just caught off guard because all of the other FP characters were third party/new ips so it felt very odd. But I totally agree that the community needs to grow up and realize we can't always get what we want.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord

You say that as if Fire Emblem detractors don't also make the same "LOL EIGHT MARTHS XDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!" joke as if it's the most clever thing in the world as well as calling Byleth's voice actor a piece of **** for voicing a character they didn't want. But yeah, the Fire Emblem fans are being soooooo mean for saying hoes mad

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
You say that as if Fire Emblem detractors don't also make the same "LOL EIGHT MARTHS XDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!" joke as if it's the most clever thing in the world as well as calling Byleth's voice actor piece of **** for voicing a character they didn't want. But yeah, the Fire Emblem fans are being soooooo mean for saying hoes mad
Didn't they even go after Sakurai too over Byleth?

You know, the dude that overworked to the point of needing an IV to pull stuff like EVERYONE IS HERE, bringing in Ridley, K Rool, banjo amongst some pretty big additions like castlevania, Dragon Quest, etc.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
From my vantage neither the pro or anti Byleth sides seem any more mature than the other. One is just pleased and the other displeased.

Obv some people are worse than others, but in general there's been far too much mad and smug.

I mean how many more individuals are going to be raised simply so the thread can mock and deride their reaction?

If people are seen to react adversely, that doesn't really justify the pendulum swinging to the opposite end. That just makes the other side look bad too. And with both ends being childish, by proxy it casts everyone in a bad light, including those who were gracious in their happiness or reserved in their disappointment. Or those that just didn't give a **** either way. I mean the Smash fanbase already gets a bad enough rap as it is for all those people who can't take things in stride.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You say that as if Fire Emblem detractors don't also make the same "LOL EIGHT MARTHS XDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!" joke as if it's the most clever thing in the world as well as calling Byleth's voice actor a piece of **** for voicing a character they didn't want. But yeah, the Fire Emblem fans are being soooooo mean for saying hoes mad
The Smash fanbase as a whole has a big self-awareness issue when it comes to realizing they were jerks first. It was very telling with how many people didn't realize why "Cereal Mascot" became a derogatory term seemingly out of nowhere, when it was in direct response to the same group calling everything they didn't like a "generic anime character."

Poke the bear enough and it's gonna get mad, you know? lol.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Could be interesting. On the surface it kinda gives me WFT vibes, which isn't a bad thing.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
All the Smash fans say is "BYLETH IS THE BEST CHARACTER EVER ANYONE WHO EVEN SLIGHTLY DISAGREES IS TOXIC", "NO THEY'RE THE WORST AND DELETED MY MAIN AND FP2 IS GONNA BE 6 MARTHS".

I just wanna grill for God's sake.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I still dont see why peeps thought it was cute to go after the VA

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Yeah he is a bad choice to end season 1, but a solid choice for midway through season 2. I would say there would be a bit less backlash, then I remember how angry some people got in between the time of Hero to Banjo's reveal. During those 40 minutes of darkness you could tell who knew about Gaming history and those simply blinded bias their bias nostalgia.
The Smash Community has a hateb##%er for Fire Emblem. They would get pissed no matter where Byleth would be confirmed

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
From my vantage neither the pro or anti Byleth sides seem any more mature than the other. One is just pleased and the other displeased.

Obv some people are worse than others, but in general there's been far too much mad and smug.

I mean how many more individuals are going to be raised simply so the thread can mock and deride their reaction?

If people are seen to react adversely, that doesn't really justify the pendulum swinging to the opposite end. That just makes the other side look bad too. And with both ends being childish, by proxy it casts everyone in a bad light, including those who were gracious in their happiness or reserved in their disappointment. Or those that just didn't give a **** either way. I mean the Smash fanbase already gets a bad enough rap as it is for all those people who can't take things in stride.
You can tell it's bad when the best defense for each side basically becomes "but THEY started it!" - as if it somehow isn't a childish argument.

Anyway - to change the topic for a sec: what are the chances of a PC gaming rep in season 2 for you all?

ZelDan

Smash Master
The only thing that might have helped reduce the FE salt is if Byleth was released alongside a fan-favorite character or some popular third party character like Dante or whatever.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Both extreme sides are stupid.

Trying to excuse the extreme FE fans for being idiots by bringing up the other side is stupid as well.

Like I said, I don't appreciate my notifications being blown up in the other areas I frequent by assholes who disagree with me and calling me stupid names, especially over a mild comment like "Not a fan of the latest DLC."

But sure, go on defending such behaviour I guess. Hoes mad right?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Another game, this one completely for ****s and giggles.

"Pirates vs. Ninjas" Fighters Pass. Six characters, three of them pirates (yes, space pirates count), the other three ninjas. Go nuts!

I'll start...
  1. Captain Syrup (Wario Land)
  2. Edward Kenway (Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag)
  3. Motochika Chosokabe (Sengoku Basara)
  4. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
  5. Weavile (Pokemon Diamond and Pearl)
  6. Raiden (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance)

Captain Syrup
Vyse (Skies of Arcadia) (I think?)
Zidane (FFIX) (... I think??)

Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
Joe Musashi (Shinobi)
Bang Shishigami (Blazblue)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
11 - We’re going out with another wimper here, which is why I’m thinking it’ll be Elma. Aside from 2 spirits, Xenoblade X has no Smash representation at all which is silly, because the music is incredible at the very least. I expect that, as soon as the Xenoblade remaster is released, Nintendo will announce another one for X, giving them a reason to advertise. Revealed Holiday 2021.
You seriously call that a whimper? Tell that to me, Rie or any others who really want her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom