• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I'll be honest. Can't tell if we're dealing with a real leak, or if the guy who made it is too stubborn to understand that people already debunked it.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Pardon my intrusion on this but...

I'd say Mario and Kirby can stay as they are because sure, FLUDD is still a thing, but for the most part Mario still acts the way he does in his games. I mean, if the idea down the line is to update Mario, there really isn't much to change. By the time the next Smash is here, Odyssey's whole capture mechanic would be 'outdated' and really the only things the guy has going for him is his jumping and general acrobatics.
There are lots of things you could change. For one (this is a little nitpicky) but a lot of his aniamtions don't seem right for Mario. Even the way he throws his fireball is kind of wierd. In the games Mario throws a fireball like a baseball, in Smash he shoots it from his palm.

But you could impliment a bunch of his classic powerups. Like his down Smash has him sweep a tanuki tail around him, his up Smash has his propeller hat drill into opponents. Stuff like that.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Yea so many things wrong with what this hypocrite/hack says:
- He is not thinking of doing Smash ballot again. It was used in Smash Ultimate's development very much. (p63)

I call BS here. THere's NO WAY he used the ballot for character choices. Literally just K Rool and Ridley were on any ballot. You cannot say that friggen Piranah plant and JOKER were on any ballot, that's BS.

- He treats character's individuality as its own game itself. All the unique systems certain characters has are all newly built just for him/her.
Yet there are countless amounts of clones and GANONDORF is STILL a clone, as Well as JOKER. Countless characters have samey moves. This is such a stupid, hypocritical point. if every character was unique there wouldn't be clones, and this point still doesn't explain why ROB is in.

_ - He played through beta version of Zelda BotW to the end in 2 days during the Smash Ultimate development because he needed to know how new Link works before anyone else. (p125)
Yet Link still has the same moves from every smash game? So wtf is this?

- - DLC developments in general take time, so by the time of the release, the market will be much smaller than it used to be. DLC business is very risky than people might think. (p165)

No it doesn't, a year for 5 characters isn't a long time. Especially when JOKER is a clone. Literally every one of jokers moves is ripped directly from another character.

- He is not fond of the idea of the season pass. Its a little scary to buy without knowing the contents. (p165)

Than name every character right off the hop. Stop with this friggen holding back and dangling a carrot on a string. ERvery DLC character should have been announced the DAY the Smash pass was announced. There's NO reason not to, especially when he says crap like this.

- - Omega and battlefield for every stages take a lot more work than people might think. (p187)

It really doesn't.

-- Smash tend to have characters from older series

- He doesn't follow internets reaction so didn't know all the fan predictions. (p209)
Wow what a liar. He follows tweets and people asking for Steve or other characters in Smash. There's a Minecraft streamer twitter he follows. What a liar.

- - There was a plan to include a map like the Spirits to the Adventure Mode in Smash Melee. (p211)

He should of made WOL this, but instead it's a glorified event menu(can't believe platforming levels were removed in a platforming fighter.)

This is the MOST BS point on this list. There's BARELY any characters from older series in this game.
I didn't read the rest of your post, but don't you think calling Sakurai a hack is too much? Dude makes the game you like, at least show a modicum of respect.

Robdelia

Smash Apprentice
Man, it's a shame that Earthbound thing looks fake as hell. I was really hoping Porky was in and that this was his big leak, but looks like I'll have to keep waiting.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Only reason I'm iffy on Sylux is that it feels too early to put him in when the game he is presumably gonna be a main character in, Metroid Prime 4, is pretty much late 2020 at the earliest (that and all we know about him comes from Hunters and some Corruption and Federation Force cameos).

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I've said this before, but I wish I was talented enough to make fake leaks. Pretty much all of my most-wanted characters are people that rarely anyone asks for.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I've said this before, but I wish I was talented enough to make fake leaks. Pretty much all of my most-wanted characters are people that rarely anyone asks for.
It's not talent that lets people make fake leaks or any type of art. It's just people with a lot of practice online.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I'll be honest, if Earthbound, a dead RPG series with no recent new entries gets a third rep before Golden Sun, an equally dead RPG franchise with no recent new entries gets even one rep I'm gonna be really mad.

As much as I think we need more villains, I think unrepresented series should be first.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So another video on the supposed Porky/Gigyas leak.

Thoughts?
why doesn't giygas move

thats what his sprite does

untitled.png

what the hell is this supposed to be

i dont know whats worse, the fact that its blurry and looks fake or the fact that whoever made this decided to use the mother 3 porky armor instead of the actual spider armor used in the final boss

I'll be honest, if Earthbound, a dead RPG series with no recent new entries gets a third rep before Golden Sun, an equally dead RPG franchise with no recent new entries gets even one rep I'm gonna be really mad.

As much as I think we need more villains, I think unrepresented series should be first.
isaac is an assist trophy bro

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Same but with Advance Wars as well.
I think Kirby, DK, Xenoblade, and Zelda could all use additional reps WAY more than Earthbound or Metroid. Not to mention series that desperately need one rep like Rhythm Heaven, Advance Wars, and Golden Sun.

Even among just first party reps there are just so many better options than Porky, even if I absolutely had to choose a third Earthbound rep, I’d rather just have a Ninten echo to represent all three games and not take away too much dev time.

Last edited:

Nquoid

Smash Ace
I think Kirby, DK, Xenoblade, and Zelda could use additional reps WAY more than Earthbound or Metroid. Not to mention series that desperately need one rep like Rhythm Heaven, Advance Wars, and Golden Sun.

Even among just first party reps there are just so many better options than Porky, even among Earthbound I’d rather just have a Ninten echo to represent all three games and not take away too much dev time.
Whilst I agree with most of this, I would probably put Porky in my top 10 for first party characters I'd most want to see come to Smash next.

I do wonder if the team regrets not just putting Porky in the Absolutely Safe Capsule. He wouldn't be in the game as a dedicated Sprite, but it would throw less confusion into why he's completely missing.

Sylux and Porky would be interesting, but I do wonder if the lack of Spirit has more to do with the dev team knowing they can do something like they did Let's Go and Super Mario Party and just patch in some spirits as cross promotion for a maybe Mother Trilogy/Metroid Prime 4 (or HD+Hunters?) release.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Last edited:

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
isaac is an assist trophy bro
You know what I meant.

I think Kirby, DK, Xenoblade, and Zelda could use additional reps WAY more than Earthbound or Metroid. Not to mention series that desperately need one rep like Rhythm Heaven, Advance Wars, and Golden Sun.

Even among just first party reps there are just so many better options than Porky, even among Earthbound I’d rather just have a Ninten echo to represent all three games and not take away too much dev time.
Yup. This is why I hope for another pass. I'd love a first party(ish) fighter's pass of classic fan requests like all the ones you listed.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh boy.

Yea so many things wrong with what this hypocrite/hack says:
- He is not thinking of doing Smash ballot again. It was used in Smash Ultimate's development very much. (p63)

I call BS here. THere's NO WAY he used the ballot for character choices. Literally just K Rool and Ridley were on any ballot. You cannot say that friggen Piranah plant and JOKER were on any ballot, that's BS.
He did for Bayonetta, Belmonts, cut veterans and likely Chrom and Dark Samus, too. And he never said every single newcomer will be from ballot.

- He treats character's individuality as its own game itself. All the unique systems certain characters has are all newly built just for him/her.
Yet there are countless amounts of clones and GANONDORF is STILL a clone, as Well as JOKER. Countless characters have samey moves. This is such a stupid, hypocritical point. if every character was unique there wouldn't be clones, and this point still doesn't explain why ROB is in.
Movesets aren't the only way to show a character's individuality. Unique animations and voice lines go a long way to show character. Even clones have their own distinct personality and Joker is not a clone. R.O.B. must be one of the most unique characters on the roster, his animations are full of personality.

_ - He played through beta version of Zelda BotW to the end in 2 days during the Smash Ultimate development because he needed to know how new Link works before anyone else. (p125)
Yet Link still has the same moves from every smash game? So wtf is this?
That's simply incorrect, he doesn't have his bomb or Gale Boomerang or any sort of tether grab.

- - DLC developments in general take time, so by the time of the release, the market will be much smaller than it used to be. DLC business is very risky than people might think. (p165)

No it doesn't, a year for 5 characters isn't a long time. Especially when JOKER is a clone. Literally every one of jokers moves is ripped directly from another character.
DLC is developed by a significantly smaller team, which means they have to work longer on characters and stages. Also Joker is not a clone.

- He is not fond of the idea of the season pass. Its a little scary to buy without knowing the contents. (p165)

Than name every character right off the hop. Stop with this friggen holding back and dangling a carrot on a string. ERvery DLC character should have been announced the DAY the Smash pass was announced. There's NO reason not to, especially when he says crap like this.
Sakurai isn't responsible from game's marketing. Nintendo is. If they don't want to reveal all fighters at once, there's nothing he can do.

- - Omega and battlefield for every stages take a lot more work than people might think. (p187)

It really doesn't.
Please show me the proof, then. I'm more inclined to believe the word of a professional game developer than random people on the internet who doesn't bother proving their points, especially if we are talking about game development.

-- Smash tend to have characters from older series

This is the MOST BS point on this list. There's BARELY any characters from older series in this game.
It's the simple truth. Just look at All-Star Mode. Majority of the characters in Smash are either debuted in 20th century or belong to a franchise which debuted in that era.

- He doesn't follow internets reaction so didn't know all the fan predictions. (p209)
Wow what a liar. He follows tweets and people asking for Steve or other characters in Smash. There's a Minecraft streamer twitter he follows. What a liar.
Twitter and casual streams aren't where majority of fan prediction and speculation takes place in.

- - There was a plan to include a map like the Spirits to the Adventure Mode in Smash Melee. (p211)

He should of made WOL this, but instead it's a glorified event menu(can't believe platforming levels were removed in a platforming fighter.)
Platforming levels are likely time-consuming to make and Ultimate had a constrained schedule.

All in all, your points are full of cherry-picking, misinformation and bias. I don't see anything in your post that shows me Sakurai is the liar you're making him up to be. It just shows me you don't like him and can't deal with this maturely.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You know what I meant.
Other than you getting something wrong, yes. You want a series with no playable character before a series with a playable character gets a third one. The context you said would make more sense if you didn't label Earthbound wrong, though.

Here's what you got wrong; Mother isn't dead. It's finished. They finished the story and there will not be a sequel. Being dead means that the developers simply dropped the series or ignored it, despite it having the potential for more. They didn't necessarily choose to end it entirely on their own. Camelot is tied to Nintendo, and they have shown interest in more games. But they can't do anything without Nintendo's approval.

Mother on the hand has a little bit it can do, which is to translate Mother 3 for the rest of the world. The story is finished, but not every game release is. It's also easier to translate that in multiple languages in comparison to an all new Golden Sun game, which requires a lot more than just translations, but all new writing, new ways to make the gameplay interesting, new characters, an all new way to continue off the (spoilered) things found out, and so on.

It's pretty easy for them to justify adding someone who isn't even a Spirit as playable due to fan demand. Someone who is an AT is in a lot worse shape.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We got most the Metroid characters we'd need. I'm not opposed to Sylux, but I could wait another game for him since we got ****ing Ridley and Dark Samus. The coolest newcomer and the 2nd coolest echo after Ken. If anything, I hope they make D. Samus more like Luigi and Falco and less like Dark Pit and Lucina.

I think people only get ticked off about FE because went from 2 per game to 6, and half of them have Marth's toolkit with adjustments. And in Ultimate 4/7 have blue hair, so aesthetically, they aren't as interesting. Yet these characters are always popular anyway. Similar to Shotos in Street Fighter. Granted I feel the Shotos in Street Fighter offer more from a visual standpoint.

I don't know why people would complain about new Pokemon, when, unlike FE, nearly all Pokemon characters are very unique, there's more than 800 of them, AND it's undoubtedly one of Nintendo's biggest series along side Mario. Pokemon dunks on everything else sales wise, even Zelda and Metroid. Of course there's gonna be a ton of Pokemon. You could add a handful of Pokemon and they'd all be pretty different anyway

I do wish that there's less characters having a Down-B counter. Feels like a filler move a lot of the time. 6/7 FE characters, Little Mac, Palutena, K.Rool, Joker and so on.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
About the Velvet/Nakoruru/RE leak.
The leaker did not say these characters are coming. Actually, the leaker was saying that these rumors are not believable enough.
The only lock is Erdrick and no real DLC information is out yet. That's what he said.

I didn't cover all of his posts. His posts were scattered everywhere.
What he got right is the release week of Joker's direct. That's about it.

There are couple of minor leaks kind of line up with this leak though.
Something like, Akira Toriyama design character and a female fighting game character.
Something like, the leaker laughing for the rumors of Nakoruru says that they got mixed up with Reimu.
I don't have time to dig them up right now. They didn't blow up really so hard to find...

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't know why people would complain about new Pokemon, when, unlike FE, nearly all Pokemon characters are very unique, there's more than 800 of them, AND it's undoubtedly one of Nintendo's biggest series along side Mario. Pokemon dunks on everything else sales wise, even Zelda and Metroid. Of course there's gonna be a ton of Pokemon. You could add a handful of Pokemon and they'd all be pretty different anyway
It's caring about the quantity of reps rather than the quality. See how Michael thinks "5th Metroid rep" is a better argument than "super popular Pokemon".

And with MP4 having to restart development you bet you'll be waiting for the next Smash for Sylux.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The leaker did not say these characters are coming. Actually, the leaker was saying that these rumors are not believable enough.
The only lock is Erdrick and no real DLC information is out yet. That's what he said.

Something like, Akira Toriyama design character and a female fighting game character.
Something like, the leaker laughing for the rumors of Nakoruru says that they got mixed up with Reimu.
I don't have time to dig them up right now. They didn't blow up really so hard to find...
It also lines up with Mii Costume Theory as well. But yeah we pretty much have to wait until E3 for the Smash Direct or General direct for more info. So in about 14-17 days.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's caring about the quantity of reps rather than the quality. See how Michael thinks "5th Metroid rep" is a better argument than "super popular Pokemon".

And with MP4 having to restart development you bet you'll be waiting for the next Smash for Sylux.
Even if it's strictly a numbers game, Pokemon's one of the series that SHOULD have 10 or so.

Of course we're most likely to wait for Sylux. Granted, if they threw him in now, he'd just use a ton of moves from Prime Hunters, with all the special weapons in that game.

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
Female fighting game character huh.
If we're going with the hypothetical assumption that this is true, the most obvious answer would be Chun Li but I'm hesistant to say that Capcom would push another Street Fighter character instead of any of their other characters. My guess would be Morrigan. Besides Chun, she's arguably the most well known fighting female character that she even appears in nearly every Capcom crossover.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Can you clarify this point?
Do you mean rumors for Reimu got confused with rumors for Nakoruru or did the leaker jokingly meant they looked similair to each other?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

If the female fighting game character isn't Chun-Li, it'd probably be Morrigan. Chun could be really cool for me personally, and she could use Half Circle inputs for her EX moves if need be.

Or, by some miracle, it's Nina from Tekken, but there's no way in hell they'll pick her before at least 1 Mishima.

D

Deleted member

It would seem that the AT design character and female fighting game character could refer to Erdrick and Nakoruru from the other leaker. Still, overall the finding is quite interesting.

The ballot results from the leaker could be potentially true, but even then it just seems they only used them partially for DLC.
If the female fighting game character isn't Chun-Li, it'd probably be Morrigan. Chun could be really cool for me personally, and she could use Half Circle inputs for her EX moves if need be.

Or, by some miracle, it's Nina from Tekken, but there's no way in hell they'll pick her before at least 1 Mishima.
She had a spin-off game right? Only other notorious female characters in addition to the ones you mentioned or in the leak that I could think of would be:
-Athena (Mai Shiranui would rise the game rating easily)
-Noel from Blazblue
-Kasumi/Ayane but they were shot down already.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It would seem that the AT design character and female fighting game character could refer to Erdrick and Nakoruru from the other leaker. Still, overall the finding is quite interesting.

The ballot results from the leaker could be potentially true, but even then it just seems they only used them partially for DLC.

She had a spin-off game right? Only other notorious female characters in addition to the ones you mentioned or in the leak that I could think of would be:
-Athena (Mai Shiranui would rise the game rating easily)
-Noel from Blazblue
-Kasumi/Ayane but they were shot down already.
Yes, Nina had her own game, and shows up in literally every Tekken title. She's basically the Chun-Li of the series. Granted Chun isn't in SF1, but no one likes that game so I guess that's fine. Not that Death by Degrees is a masterpiece or anything.

There's also Kitana/Sonya and B. Orchid. But the likeliness of someone that's not Scorpion/Sub-Zero as the MK character is low, especially since MK's chances are low as it is. And if it isn't SubZ/Scorp there's Raiden and Liu Kang to consider too. B. Orchid's pretty iconic to KI, but Fulgore and Spinal are the mascots(especially back in the day.) and Jago's the main dude.

I don't think Mai would raise the age rating much. Especially if they go with an earlier Fatal Fury design just to be safe. But Kyo and Terry are more iconic than her.

There's Ivy from Soul Calibur, who might bump the game to a T rating.

D

Deleted member

Yes, Nina had her own game, and shows up in literally every Tekken title. She's basically the Chun-Li of the series. Granted Chun isn't in SF1, but no one likes that game so I guess that's fine. Not that Death by Degrees is a masterpiece or anything.

There's also Kitana/Sonya and B. Orchid. But the likeliness of someone that's not Scorpion/Sub-Zero as the MK character is low, especially since MK's chances are low as it is. And if it isn't SubZ/Scorp there's Raiden and Liu Kang to consider too. B. Orchid's pretty iconic to KI, but Fulgore and Spinal are the mascots(especially back in the day.) and Jago's the main dude.

I don't think Mai would raise the age rating much. Especially if they go with an earlier Fatal Fury design just to be safe. But Kyo and Terry are more iconic than her.

There's Ivy from Soul Calibur, who might bump the game to a T rating.
I would think Sophitia would be a more likely choice from SC, although still Nightmare/Siegfried or Mitsurugi would be my first choices in the franchise

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would think Sophitia would be a more likely choice from SC, although still Nightmare/Siegfried or Mitsurugi would be my first choices in the franchise
SC's in weird place where multiple characters are main leads. Sophitia, Kilik, Xianghua, Siegfried ect. Mitsu and Ivy, while not main leads, are super popular.

Of course Sieg's been the more than once and is the main antagonist as Nightmare, so I'd pick him, in either identity or both as costumes like Olimar and Alph.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
I don't belive the ballot result leak myself but find it interesting that it stated Marvel heroes got some votes.
I was wondering why Sakurai suddenly mentioned Iron Man with Goku.

Can you clarify this point?
Do you mean rumors for Reimu got confused with rumors for Nakoruru or did the leaker jokingly meant they looked similair to each other?
I think he was just joking.
His leak was something like this. But remember, this guy has zero credibility.

The lineup will be dissapointing. Each DLC characters has their themes.
Joker and Erdrick as new and old JRPG rep.
Steve and Reimu as the west and the east indies rep.
Agumon as last surprise WTF character from the vein of toy rep.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can you even consider Minecraft indie? It's one of the biggest games of the decade and one of the best selling of all time. Not to mention it's now owned by Microsoft.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
Here's what you got wrong; Mother isn't dead. It's finished. They finished the story and there will not be a sequel. Being dead means that the developers simply dropped the series or ignored it, despite it having the potential for more.
No, I wasn't wrong. We're arguing semantics. To me a dead franchise is one that's not getting any more sequels. Doesn't matter if that death is because the story is finished or the developer isn't making a new game, there are simply no more games coming.

In my opinion, Golden Sun and Mother are in the same position: both are beloved by their fans, both are effectively dead because their developers aren't doing anything with them. Mother 3 could (and should) get an official US release. Likewise, Golden Sun could (and should) get a fourth entry to finish the story.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No, I wasn't wrong. We're arguing semantics. To me a dead franchise is one that's not getting any more sequels. Doesn't matter if that death is because the story is finished or the developer isn't making a new game, there are simply no more games coming.
That's not how it works regardless. That's just trying to re-define how things are to make your argument look better. Which is silly, because they are definitely not in the same position. Dead franchises are the same as a franchise on hiatus. Nothing is coming anytime soon, but who knows when it could happen again. Somebody else could buy the rights or the current rights holder could easily decide to make another game someday. A finished franchise will never get a new game no matter what because that's the hard position they're in. Similar, yet distinct.

In my opinion, Golden Sun and Mother are in the same position: both are beloved by their fans, both are effectively dead because their developers aren't doing anything with them. Mother 3 could (and should) get an official US release. Likewise, Golden Sun could (and should) get a fourth entry to finish the story.
That doesn't make it relevant to the position they're in in Smash, however. Mother already had a head start with content, including a character in the first Smash game alone. It's already easier to add another character right now. The requests for a major character exist, with no issues among its own series to prevent it. Golden Sun has its most major character(with not exactly a lot of other choices that are easy to add. Maybe two others at most, Felix and Matthew, realistically) as an AT, something that we have little to no reason to believe it'll be upgraded.

I'm repeating this, because it's evidence they are not in the actual same position. Sure, they have some slight similarities, But the context surrounding each series changes what's actually going on.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Being dead and being finished basically mean the same thing: We aren't getting any new games. Just for different reasons.

Even though I have no attatchment to Golden Sun, I'd prefer a character from that series over Mother for diversity sake. Personally I'd like Smash to cover many series rather than pulling more characters from series that are already represented. But that's just my personal preference. Neither Mother or Golden Sun will be getting a character.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I don't belive the ballot result leak myself but find it interesting that it stated Marvel heroes got some votes.
I was wondering why Sakurai suddenly mentioned Iron Man with Goku.

I think he was just joking.
His leak was something like this. But remember, this guy has zero credibility.

The lineup will be dissapointing. Each DLC characters has their themes.
Joker and Erdrick as new and old JRPG rep.
Steve and Reimu as the west and the east indies rep.
Agumon as last surprise WTF character from the vein of toy rep.
Wait, what? Marvel Heroes actually got some votes? What the hell?!
And IIRC, when the ballot voting was announced, the Endgame movie was not even announced! So how is this possible?

Also, I still don't believe in Steve...I mean sure he has potential, but he doesn't look like he would make an good character to me. There's something I quite of can't point out correctly or fully, but there's something about him I don't like. Reimu from Touhou would actually be fine with me, especially since it's one of the most popular shooting games...One of the most, I mean.

But Agumon? Hoo boy, it's going to be instigating an chaos war if it DID happen...

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Being dead and being finished basically mean the same thing: We aren't getting any new games. Just for different reasons.

Even though I have no attatchment to Golden Sun, I'd prefer a character from that series over Mother for diversity sake. Personally I'd like Smash to cover many series rather than pulling more characters from series that are already represented. But that's just my personal preference. Neither a Mother or Golden Sun will be getting a character.
Couldn't agree more, the difference between the two terms is so small that they might as well mean the same thing. They're still not getting content and are in the shadows of every other series that is relevant.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
also. I'm not fond of the idea of a reboot happening, I know it can be better that way but I don't like the idea of an reboot, nor will we know if it's going to happen. after all Sakurai is very vague with statement. But I think at this point in game, I'm not sure an reboot would be a good idea. If it were for Golden Sure, then maybe, since the DS game didn't exactly come off as a successful game, but Smash?

I wish they could do an collaboration with an company and make an MMORPG or an MMO in general about Smash out of it. Smash has been covered a lot in games, but IMO I think it's about time they started to tackle on making media related to Smash. Well, not exactly like amiibos or something like that, but I think Smash could expand its horizons. Anime, manga, comic, spinoffs, anything is possible.

(Sure, this game is already popular on it's own, but fans want to see that be more likely. Although before you tell me, yes I know it'll be hard if not impossible in the current state as it now.)

Last edited:

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
That's not how it works regardless. That's just trying to re-define how things are to make your argument look better. Which is silly, because they are definitely not in the same position. Dead franchises are [not? (I presume)] the same as a franchise on hiatus.
Again, semantics. They are effectively In the same position. Even if Mother's story is finished, they could still make a Mother 4 someday that is unrelated story wise to the others but shares themes and mechanics.

Regardless, I consider these to be "dead" franchises until such time as they get a new entry. You clearly have your own opinion on that term. No matter what we call them, they are both not getting any more releases in the foreseeable future.

That doesn't make it relevant to the position they're in in Smash, however. Mother already had a head start with content, including a character in the first Smash game alone. It's already easier to add another character right now. The requests for a major character exist, with no issues among its own series to prevent it. Golden Sun has its most major character(with not exactly a lot of other choices that are easy to add. Maybe two others at most, Felix and Matthew, realistically) as an AT, something that we have little to no reason to believe it'll be upgraded.

I'm repeating this, because it's evidence they are not in the actual same position. Sure, they have some slight similarities, But the context surrounding each series changes what's actually going on.
I disagree that it is easier to add a third earthbound character: once again, they are in the same positron. I posit that it would be equally easy to add Matthew as it would be to add Porky. Both have existing models to use as a starting point (Brawl for Porky, Isaac AT for Matthew).

This still comes back to the core of my opinion: Mother has 3 games and 2 playable reps. Golden Sun has 3 games and 0 playable reps. They are both wonderful series with lots of fans, I just think that Isaac, Felix, or Matthew should be playable before Porky or Ninten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom