• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
There are some things that separate Travis from her, for example Nintendo seems to be heavily pushing the No More Heroes franchise from having Suda on stage to announce he is working on a new at the Switch reveal event, to ending an indie direct with the reveal TSA, and revealing NMH3 at the E3 direct. They asked Suda to make a new No More Heroes for the Switch before they had even revealed the system.

Also No More Heroes has never sold well, while Cooking Mama has, so it doesn't really fit the last part of my summery.
All of Cooking Mama's main games and spinoffs originated on Nintendo consoles, which is why she would also be heavily associated with Nintendo.

I wouldn't equate sales to a character's popularity. For instance, before Smash 4, I would not have called Wii Fit Trainer a popular video game character. I believe Mama also fits the description.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All of Cooking Mama's main games and spinoffs originated on Nintendo consoles, which is why she would also be heavily associated with Nintendo.

I wouldn't equate sales to a character's popularity. For instance, before Smash 4, I would not have called Wii Fit Trainer a popular video game character. I believe Mama fits the description.
Perhaps, but yeah, remember Sakurai's statement that a character has to be fun to play, and that popularity isn't that much of a factor?

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Considering one of the tweets referred to DMC3 Switch specifically and mentioned “three little extra features,” I really don’t think they’re teasing Smash.
I really wonder what it could be about?

I mean for DMC3, what else could they add to make the game enticing? I think in Japan, they're bundling DMC1, 2 and 3 in one collector's edition, so that could be 1. What would the other 2 be?

No point having a demo... being able to share pictures of the game online? I really don't know lol.

DMC3 is my fav DMC so I'm really curious as to what it could be about. They didn't specific a time for the announcement did they?

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
What about the farmer from Harvest Moon would that character fit the criteria?

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Maybe becuase I won't be here to speculate anymore should this game only focus on male DLC.
It's all headaches for you because I wouldn't be here to take speculation seriously anymore becuase of THIS...ALL-MALE....DLC. And this pains my heart when there are so many possible females out there...why Sakurai? What's our problem?

#NintendoIsSexist
#UltimateDLCSoMale
Like was said, its more an issue with main characters often being male and whenever there is a female main character (like Terra Branford, Velvet Crowe, etc), there's usually a different male main character that's more popular (Cloud Strife, Lloyd Irving, etc)..there are some great female characters, but the ratio is skewed against them. For every 1 great female main character there are over 20 great male characters..and it also doesn't help that female character designs can work against them here since 'too revealing' or 'too sexy' is too easy to accomplish with a female character..like, we could get Sol Badguy, completely as he is, chest bared and everything, and it'd be alright..I mean, Ryu gets his karate cleavage out..but we can't have characters like Mai Shiranui or Camilla from Fire Emblem Fates to appear without having costume alterations despite showing just as much of their chest just because breasts are considered a 'sexual thing'..its ridiculous..

Trust me though, as a woman myself with a huge tendency to play as female characters over male characters, I feel your pain..its part of why my wishlist has a large amount of female representation with 2B (NieR Automata), Asuka (Senran Kagura), Athena Asamiya (Psycho Soldier/King of Fighters), Byleth (Fire Emblem) [even if the default will likely be male..], Gardevoir (Pokémon) [yeah..could be either gender..but lets be honest, most of us consider it female by default], Officer Howard (Astral Chain) [again, likely male by default though...], Krystal (StarFox), Medusa (Kid Icarus), Octoling (Splatoon), Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong), Hilda (Zelda)..and more that didn't make the Top 5 3rd Party/Nintendo/Echo Wishlists.

Still, it shouldn't bother you this much..there will likely be another female character added to Smash before too long, at least we got some added in the base game at the very least.

Last edited:

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
I really wonder what it could be about?

I mean for DMC3, what else could they add to make the game enticing? I think in Japan, they're bundling DMC1, 2 and 3 in one collector's edition, so that could be 1. What would the other 2 be?

No point having a demo... being able to share pictures of the game online? I really don't know lol.

DMC3 is my fav DMC so I'm really curious as to what it could be about. They didn't specific a time for the announcement did they?
Judging by the screenshots we can at least say that DMC3 is getting style switch with the dpad in the vein of 4 and 5. So that is one of them right there.

D

Deleted member

Still, it shouldn't bother you this much..there will likely be another female character added to Smash before too long, at least we got some added in the base game at the very least.
The DLC is a big showcase of what video game characters may bring to the table. IT would be a BIG missed oppurtunity if we got snubbed. Geez...this DLC is a big mess for me.

But now I know how much we women have been treated in the industry. Such a shameful thing to watch.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I hope the final fight pass character is male just so I can be here for the melt down. That’s gonna be fun! Grab your popcorn everyone!

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
I can’t wait for that too personally. To see a certain “non-leaker” hey BTFO will be great.
the first thing I am doing after watching the presentation is checking whatever the hell is gonna go down in that thread. Because if aint Geno and nothing about FP6 indications that we are see spirits upgrade or worse get the Geno mii costume back, then the salt there will be insane like that will be the place to be if you like to see the salt that generates when a deconfirmation happens.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
The DLC is a big showcase of what video game characters may bring to the table. IT would be a BIG missed oppurtunity if we got snubbed. Geez...this DLC is a big mess for me.

But now I know how much we women have been treated in the industry. Such a shameful thing to watch.
I really wouldn't take it personally..beyond that, DLC isn't a bigger highlight than the base game, to be honest..only a portion of those who buy the base game go on to buy the DLC..so base roster gets more overall spotlight.

I also wouldn't go so far as to say 'we' got snubbed. We aren't female video game characters. We may be women, but that doesn't mean there some sort of group or solidarity there..they are just fictional characters in a video game, the gender there-of isn't really that important.

For example, I would much rather have Sora than Tracer even though the latter is a female character.
I would rather series and characters I like get into the game than some arbitrary secondary characteristic like gender, race, etc.
If my gender was what I cared about, I'd be wanting Vivian, Poison, and Birdo the most because they are, like myself, transgender women..which while I love Vivian & Poison (I do not care about Birdo), they aren't anywhere near my biggest wants and while I wouldn't be let down by their inclusion, I would still prefer other characters, including male ones.
As another example, I do not want Lara Croft at all, I wouldn't be happy to see her just because she's a female character.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
the first thing I am doing after watching the presentation is checking whatever the hell is gonna go down in that thread. Because if aint Geno and nothing about FP6 indications that we are see spirits upgrade or worse get the Geno mii costume back, then the salt there will be insane like that will be the place to watch if you like to see the salt that generates when a deconfirmation happens.
Ah but that’s where you’re wrong my friend. Here will be salt as well. I see you’re trying to deflect it all there but this thread can be just as bad as that thread.

personally I’d rather be here since the discussion is more geared towards any character rather than just one specific. But the salt I’ve seen in this thread and the pettiness is some of the worst on smashboards. But nice try trying to deflect it.

I’m hoping for a character no one expects.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
This post was warned for trolling. Simply put, it wasn’t necessary.
only cool well adjusted guys laugh at other people's misery. i proclaim this as the leader of the cool guy army.
And only babies and children cry when they don’t get what they want!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Considering the way certain fans cough Waluigi and Steve fans cough have acted, I think its fair to laugh at them when deconfirmations happen.
Only two Waluigi fans did bad crap, and the Steve trolls were a minority, weren’t real fans anyway and they even harass actual Steve fans just for wanting Steve and shove that ugly render in their face as well. Don’t believe misinfo. Most fans are just like every other character’s fans.

Not that what y’all are saying to do isn’t toxic anyway; y’all would just be like the trolls/bad eggs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sigh...if only we ever get any Season 2 content anyway.
I really wouldn't take it personally..beyond that, DLC isn't a bigger highlight than the base game, to be honest..only a portion of those who buy the base game go on to buy the DLC..so base roster gets more overall spotlight.

I also wouldn't go so far as to say 'we' got snubbed. We aren't female video game characters. We may be women, but that doesn't mean there some sort of group or solidarity there..they are just fictional characters in a video game, the gender there-of isn't really that important.

For example, I would much rather have Sora than Tracer even though the latter is a female character.
I would rather series and characters I like get into the game than some arbitrary secondary characteristic like gender, race, etc.
If my gender was what I cared about, I'd be wanting Vivian, Poison, and Birdo the most because they are, like myself, transgender women..which while I love Vivian & Poison (I do not care about Birdo), they aren't anywhere near my biggest wants and while I wouldn't be let down by their inclusion, I would still prefer other characters, including male ones.
As another example, I do not want Lara Croft at all, I wouldn't be happy to see her just because she's a female character.
Fine, Your go.

Sigh...might as well hope for Season 2 instead even if I'm so damn pessimistic.,

D

Deleted member

And only babies and children cry when they don’t get what they want!
Have you thought that if fighter 5 is either male or female you are only making the situation worse by keeping increasing the animosity? If you don't like the other side be the greater man and just ignore, I can guarantee you most people don't give two ****s about this conflict.

D

Deleted member

I hope that if you're trolling me in any way or taking advantage of my misery...you know who you are.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Didn't Fatmanonice Fatmanonice once say that a triple reveal was possible?
Three question marks and Sakurai's holding up three fingers.
Not saying that I'm betting on or even leaning toward a triple reveal, but it does seem worthy of speculation.

I hope that if you're trolling me in any way or taking advantage of my misery...you know who you are.
No Lesley, I am not trolling you. My public statement is my public statement. I meant everything I said.
But let's not let our drama drip into the forums.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Same as Byleth and Edelgard.
Fans want Edelgard due to her popularity, others don't want Byleth cause of his/her bland cardboard personality. (Did I get that right?)
FE already has a ton of protags in Smash though. I only meant that for a series' first rep.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Fire Emblem has seven****ing reps. More than ZELDA.
We can chill on Fire Emblem for a while.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Fire Emblem has seven****ing reps. More than ZELDA.
We can chill on Fire Emblem for a while.
Tell that to the awards Fire Emblem got at the VGAs. I'm not saying a Three Houses rep is the final pass character, but its highly likely for post pass

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Tell that to the awards Fire Emblem got at the VGAs. I'm not saying a Three Houses rep is the final pass character, but its highly likely for post pass
I never said that Three Houses wasn't great.
But I don't think that's gonna correlate with a new character.
Super Mario Odyssey won a ton of awards and we never got Pauline or even Toad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom