• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droodle

Smash Lord
No way that happens.

Platformers are a niche genre and any platformer that's not called Banjo Kazooie, Glover, or Bubsy 3D is even more obscure. I don't know why insecure Luigi fans are so desperate to act like Green-Cap Mussolini is a household name and that anyone who doesn't know who he is is ignorant.

It's always so lame when people hold up a character for their "historical value" or because they represent a particular company or genre. They'll take the boring, generic character over the interesting or popular one just for the sake of a roster that they think is "correct".

The harsh reality is that Nintendo is dead, Luigi has never been mainstream, and unless you are a platformer junkie or Japanese, the only reason you might have even heard of him is because of memes.
Imagine thinking literal who's like Merio, Picacho, Mars, Seamus, Wolf, and Konky Pong deserve to be in Smash but not Luigi, Luigi!

Luigi was the face of Funtendo back in the Funtendo 32 days. He had merchandise, and EVERY gamer knew about him. He was the face of Funtendo alongside the likes of Kirby. Sure, he got acquired by the likes of Realstation; but if Luigi doesn't get into Smash, I will never forgive Sakurai. It will be proof that Sakurai does not care about us, US the Smash fanbase; who work so hard in order to give Sakurai some money. US who are the lifeline of Funtendo. US who will stage a protest against Funtendo HQ, in the name of the most iconic Funtendo character out there, Luigi.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Dudes.... please, the signs are pretty clear, and sakurai have been very explicit on its hints.

We also have that image hinting valve...

FP5 is a lie and is a HALF LIFE 3 ANNOUNCMENT BAYBEEEE

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Not to get political here but who the **** is "Other" and why are they getting the most votes? I'd be upset if that literal who got in over a fan favorite like Baboom

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Not to get political here but who the **** is "Other" and why are they getting the most votes? I'd be upset if that literal who got in over a fan favorite like Baboom
I predict that Fighter 5 is third-party. (Remember that Reggie said those newcomers will be from new series instead of represented ones like Zelda or Poke'mon.)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I predict that Fighter 5 is third-party. (Remember that Reggie said those newcomers will be from new series instead of represented ones like Zelda or Poke'mon.)
He didn't say new series. He said "new worlds". It can be interpreted as the same thing, of course, but they're not the same thing definitely.

It can easily mean those are new worlds to being playable(like Golden Sun). It could be any Nintendo IP not in Smash(...which I can't think of many options).

Though with yet another new IP down the drain, I'm thinking 3rd party is highly likely.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Nintendo accidentally leaks their own DLC again, but how do you think they would do it?
Prematurely uploading the official character render onto the official website so that people can datamine the site and find it. Oh, and this goes for both Fighter 5 and the entirety of Fighters Pass 2.

In other words, the same way that a certain fan-requested character was leaked for another fighting game...

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
He didn't say new series. He said "new worlds". It can be interpreted as the same thing, of course, but they're not the same thing definitely.

It can easily mean those are new to being playable. It could be any Nintendo IP not in Smash.

Though with yet another new IP down the drain, I'm thinking 3rd party is highly likely.
Oh I forgot, thanks for telling me.
(I'm excited for fighter 5 tomorrow.^-^)

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
So right now, it seems like it's a fight between Arle and Dante for who will be revealed on the 16th. Which do you think is more likely?

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I think James Bond would be dope. Watched a couple of Bond movies recently and it makes we wish he was eligible.

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
So, in light of Reimu being very unlikely and people throwing Arle around, I see that as an absolute win. I would get my cute anime girl either way.

Seriously though, pretty much everyone people are hoping for are good picks. Except Brian. Fu** Brian. Boring as heck that N64 game.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I wanna say Reimu is a bit more likely than people think but isn't 100% given, coming from someone who really wants her in. I do think she'd fit perfectly as a Post-Pass kind of character though.

Though with people now discussing between Wright and Travis, it makes me happy because I feel like at least one of my most wanteds will eventually get into the game at some point.

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
If its Dante it's a question on which iteration of Dante they pick. Theres only one wrong answer.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
It couldn't be Dante IMO. Mainly because if it was then the producer shouldn't be able to say that there was news on the 16th as it would be breaking NDA if Dante was in Smash.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
My final prediction is still on Phoenix Wright. I still have a weird feeling that the final character of the pass is going to be Capcom, and I personally think that he have more chances than Dante. Aside from that, I also have a weird feeling about Travis (add it to the poll you coward!). That suppose leak about "kind of first party but not really" make me automatically think about him, and he's been talked about a lot by the community and by Suda himself and he have a game coming soon. So my final top 5 prediction (from most likely to less likely) would be:
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Dante
3. Travis
4. Hayabusa
5. Doom slayer
Honorable mentions: 2B and Arle

Not saying that I think any other character have no chance, but these are my personal most likely I think

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
If its Dante it's a question on which iteration of Dante they pick. Theres only one wrong answer.
Agreed. I'm gonna be so disappointed if they go with this Dante...

My final prediction is still on Phoenix Wright. I still have a weird feeling that the final character of the pass is going to be Capcom, and I personally think that he have more chances than Dante. Aside from that, I also have a weird feeling about Travis (add it to the poll you coward!). That suppose leak about "kind of first party but not really" make me automatically think about him, and he's been talked about a lot by the community and by Suda himself and he have a game coming soon. So my final top 5 prediction (from most likely to less likely) would be:
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Dante
3. Travis
4. Hayabusa
5. Doom slayer
Honorable mentions: 2B and Arle

Not saying that I think any other character have no chance, but these are my personal most likely I think
If Zippo's prediction that it'll be "a character that's not owned by Nintendo but closely associated with them" is on the mark, then Phoenix Wright is one of the most likely choices, along with Professor Layton, since both characters come from series that have mainly stuck to Nintendo systems (to the point that the Nintendo UK website essentially lists them as "honorary" Nintendo characters).

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026

This is an important point of discussion.
Don't heccin joke about that, SMG was my jam when I was a wee little lad.

Also which Dante is this?
IconDante (2).png

Because this Dante needs to burn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom