• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't know if Kirby would get another character, but Adeleine is not a Spirit. That's just something I wanted to point out.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
At this point: Sakurai probably KNOWS how any little antic he does gets people crazy on speculation and just rolls with it. He could literally be shopping for groceries and the Smash fanbase will dissect any possible clues from the things he bought, the store he's at, etc. etc. XD

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Let's go to everyone's favourite topic: 4chan leaks!

Today, we have been graced with the beauty of some audio only recordings:
As with every leak, take this with a grain of salt. That being said, the remixes are rather nice, so here's to hoping whoever made them steps forward and releases them when the dust settles.

EDIT: On a second listen, there's a tiny bit of Castlevania music at the beginning of the first one. Still, the remixes are pretty neat.
Man, those remixes sound GREAT. I'd love to get a source on where they're from, since it's obviously fake.

Of course they'd do it for a character who doesn't make noise (usually), all the easier to fake it with, haha.

I'll still happily take my Bandanna boy though... Unless this "leak" is for someone else?

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman

As with every leak, take this with a grain of salt. That being said, the remixes are rather nice, so here's to hoping whoever made them steps forward and releases them when the dust settles.

EDIT: On a second listen, there's a tiny bit of Castlevania music at the beginning of the first one. Still, the remixes are pretty neat.
Eh, too loud for my volume. I do hear some 64 tracks in the 2nd and 3rd one, but they all could be unrelated remixes that a fan made. I doubt this one has credibility.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

Who is this supposed to be pointing towards?

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm just sitting here keep seeing things posted or zippo or others saying things, and keep thinking, wow, shantae fits that perfectly, and keep getting my hype too high...

Kokiden

Smash Ace
All of this smells like bull ****.
No one is asking Zippo directly if he knows precisely who it is without beating around the bush.

He doesn't need to disclose. A simple yes or no would suffice.

I quoted him and asked. No answer as of yet.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Wow about 110 people here in this thread, talk about a full house
It'll be hilarious if this whole entire time FP5 was Katalina.
I wouldn't mind that much, but if I had to get someone from Granblue, I'd like to get Zeta.
696D67_333033303233313030305F30325F66756C6C2E706E67.png
In all honesty, the most important thing is, I just hope that whatever character that we get on Thursday, and forward into Wave 2 is a character that fits my playing style, a character that really clicks with me.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
This would be the best timeline.

Man, it would be so good.
You dont know how long ive just wanted arle or amitie to appear playable in a crossover game with a decent 3d model

Like Sega refused to do it on All Stars with only puyo puyos making cameos
You'd get items like Amities memo, Arle's outfit, and Puyo Mags in Phantasy Star Online games
You'd have Amitie outfit in Forces and Amy dressing up as Amitie in Runners
Just constant teasing

At least the Puyo cast met the Sonic cast in Runners

Calane

Smash Ace
One is supposed to be The Apple Juice Song, which is Bandana Dee's image song from an obscure Kirby album.
No idea what the rest are. One is supposedly from Kirby 64, but I don't recognize it.
Upon further listening, I hear a part of "Rock Star" in the second one.

Listen from 00:13 to 00:30 in the "leak".

It seems to be 1:03 to 1:15 from Rock Star.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
All I can think of is the guy from Quest 64, which... yeah that ain't happening.
Indeed. I want him too, but I like to be realistic. I won't say there's no fan demand(though ballot-wise, I doubt there was much), sure. That said, it's not that the series is deader than Banjo-Kazooie is(which was kept on life support by Rare Replay), but there's no company who wants to revive it, it wouldn't really be a seller due to it being fairly obscure(it's gotten slight exposure over the years, but even then), and there's no reason Nintendo would bring it up as a character idea when it was a commercial failure by all means. ...Or at least I think it didn't meet the sales expectations. Sure, it got a Gameboy remake and a spin-off, but eh. Only thing worth noting is that it got its own sequel cancelled, sealing its fate for good. Did I mention that Imagineer didn't bother to reclaim its trademark either? Yeahhhhh. It's copyrighted still, but the trademarks was up within nearly a year. Some series get really sad ends. Thankfully tons of others don't~

I'd totally love it if he were in. Hell, I'd just love some Spirits or even a halfway decent MIi costume I can make into him. I'm not that picky. My standards are low at this point. For Miis, sometimes it's just a case of clothes enough.

(I also wonder if Michael meant this guy or someone else named Brian? It's a fairly common name, though not heavily used in fiction compared to some other names, really).

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Don't forge the mii costume massacre will be happening again as usual. My guesses for mii costumes if FP5 is 2B.

Chocobo Hat
Geno Costume(with Beware the Forest Mushrooms track)
9S Costume
Pod 042 Hat
Crono Outfit

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Indeed. I want him too, but I like to be realistic. I won't say there's no fan demand(though ballot-wise, I doubt there was much), sure. That said, it's not that the series is deader than Banjo-Kazooie is(which was kept on life support by Rare Replay), but there's no company who wants to revive it, it wouldn't really be a seller due to it being fairly obscure(it's gotten slight exposure over the years, but even then), and there's no reason Nintendo would bring it up as a character idea when it was a commercial failure by all means. ...Or at least I think it didn't meet the sales expectations. Sure, it got a Gameboy remake and a spin-off, but eh. Only thing worth noting is that it got its own sequel cancelled, sealing its fate for good. Did I mention that Imagineer didn't bother to reclaim its trademark either? Yeahhhhh. It's copyrighted still, but the trademarks was up within nearly a year. Some series get really sad ends. Thankfully tons of others don't~

I'd totally love it if he were in. Hell, I'd just love some Spirits or even a halfway decent MIi costume I can make into him. I'm not that picky. My standards are low at this point. For Miis, sometimes it's just a case of clothes enough.

(I also wonder if Michael meant this guy or someone else named Brian? It's a fairly common name, though not heavily used in fiction compared to some other names, really).
He was asking because there is a Brian as an option in the new poll. Tbh I assumed the poll had something to do with you since I know you're the resident Quest 64 stan. :) But if that's not the case then perhaps it was referencing a different Brian. I have no idea.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He was asking because there is a Brian as an option in the new poll. Tbh I assumed the poll had something to do with you since I know you're the resident Quest 64 stan. :) But if that's not the case then perhaps it was referencing a different Brian. I have no idea.
...Actually, it probably is specifically there for me. I don't know who did the poll, but it makes sense. I couldn't figure the context at first. I didn't actually see the poll. XD

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy You make the poll?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I find it scary how lawyer guy is beating the everleaked pizza man and even the meme power of Baboom in that poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom