• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

He's got a shot, don't lose hope!
thank god because if he isn't revealed this thursday i will die. i will melt into a pile of meat to be left on the floor. my soul will go upwards to the heavens and join the ceaseless watcher. every time you look at the sky it will look back

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
He's got a shot, don't lose hope!
Real talk though what do you think about Porky? He had pretty decent representation in previous smash games (boss, item, trophies), but now he doesn't have a spirit? Do you think that goes in line with the "kinda sorta" first party thing you were talking about on resetera since his ownership is split between HAL and nintendo?

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Real talk though what do you think about Porky? He had pretty decent representation in previous smash games (boss, item, trophies), but now he doesn't have a spirit? Do you think that goes in line with the "kinda sorta" first party thing you were talking about on resetera since his ownership is split between HAL and nintendo?
I always thought of him as a Nintendo character because of Subspace and whanot. I didn't know about the Mother series not solely being owned by Nintendo until very recently, honestly. Not impossible but not likely. His absence from Ultimate is very odd, i will say.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
As much as I'd love another EarthBound character, I don't think we're getting one until the franchise is revived.

Porky not getting a Spirit is odd, but I don't think it means anything.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, it's gonna be a long 36 hours to wait.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
That was a total bust. Back to being in the dark, which is what I like.

Last edited:

cosmicB

Smash Ace
What's this I'm hearing about it likely being a western character? Does that have any real backing behind it and not people just hoping for someone specific?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Let's go to everyone's favourite topic: 4chan leaks!

Today, we have been graced with the beauty of some audio only recordings:
As with every leak, take this with a grain of salt. That being said, the remixes are rather nice, so here's to hoping whoever made them steps forward and releases them when the dust settles.

EDIT: On a second listen, there's a tiny bit of Castlevania music at the beginning of the first one. Still, the remixes are pretty neat.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
What's this I'm hearing about it likely being a western character? Does that have any real backing behind it and not people just hoping for someone specific?
pretty sure the only supposed "clout" this one has is that Sakurai tweeted in english

which... yeah... seems like straw grasping to me

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

As with every leak, take this with a grain of salt. That being said, the remixes are rather nice, so here's to hoping whoever made them steps forward and releases them when the dust settles.

EDIT: On a second listen, there's a tiny bit of Castlevania music at the beginning of the first one. Still, the remixes are pretty neat.
what on earth did I justt listen to

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

I don't even know what songs are supposed to be playing in the background. I don't recognize them.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
That's me. I lurk on here practically every day.
Oh I see.

So do you know who it is? I'm not going to ask you to disclose who it is, just curious if YOU know who it is at the present moment.

No offence, but anyone can make up stuff about leaks and who it could be. What we've gotten so far is vague enough to be a safety net to apply to a whole bunch of characters.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I don't even know what songs are supposed to be playing in the background. I don't recognize them.
One is supposed to be The Apple Juice Song, which is Bandana Dee's image song from an obscure Kirby album.
No idea what the rest are. One is supposedly from Kirby 64, but I don't recognize it.

Calane

Smash Ace
One is supposed to be The Apple Juice Song, which is Bandana Dee's image song from an obscure Kirby album.
No idea what the rest are. One is supposedly from Kirby 64, but I don't recognize it.
Being the big Kirby nerd I am, I can tell you that the third one is most definitely the boss theme from Kirby 64.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

These songs actually sound vaguely familiar but I can't quiet place where I feel like I've heard them before, it's weird.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom