• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If this Zippo guy is onto something then this might be a pretty well-received character all things considered. Stick a pseudo-Nintendo character in there and Nintendo fans can't "literally who" them.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
If this Zippo guy is onto something then this might be a pretty well-received character all things considered. Stick a pseudo-Nintendo character in there and Nintendo fans can't "literally who" them.
Never underestimate how ignorant people can be, I saw "literally who" when it came to Joker, despite the fact his game came out in 2017 and was a major GOTY contender that year.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
I will say, if its Dante, it’ll be the worst kept secret in Smash Bros. History, beating out the “accidental” Terry/SNK leak. If it’s anyone but Dante, Nintendo’s does a good job of keeping this one a secret and have ran circles around prominent leakers.

D

Deleted member

I hate this comment, but the website only lets me leave likes.
soon you will know how it feels to wander the uncaring void of the end, being the lonely, the one alone, the forsaken, and you will meet one who is not as merciful as i

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Dante is also deconfirmed. In fact, he was the very first character to be deconfirmed for the Fighter Pass.

D

Deleted member

A kind-of first party franchise that's pretty much still alive thanks to Nintendo. I would honestly call that the Sonic franchise lol. It has some games on the other systems, sure, but far more of its games (and the only times it has exclusives) is on Nintendo platforms. I know its not likely, but a Robotnik reveal would be kind of cool lol.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
A kind-of first party franchise that's pretty much still alive thanks to Nintendo. I would honestly call that the Sonic franchise lol. It has some games on the other systems, sure, but far more of its games (and the only times it has exclusives) is on Nintendo platforms. I know its not likely, but a Robotnik reveal would be kind of cool lol.
Robotnik reveal with Arle Mii Costune would be fantastic, Sonic has definitely earned another rep and Robotnik is one of my most wanted.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Ah yes, Alex, I'll take "What are Ness, Little Mac, Cloud, and Luminary?" for 2000.
Thanks, every time I said what I said I must have been too tired to think straight, and debating with people less observant still. I'd still put it to Cress for similarity to a larger portion of the series' protagonists.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
If they're from the modern era at all related to any title that has released in the past 3-5 years they'll just be labeled another "shill pick."

I mean, that's what "Literally who" has always meant to. "Shill" and "literally who" are 90% of the time just saying the same "I'm pissed my specific tastes did not get appealed to and thus I need to attack this character with some pretense of 'merit'"

D

Deleted member

Robotnik would be the best kind of surprise.
"hello everyone! i'm masahiro sakurai, creator of the super smash bros. ultimate series. i am here to reveal our next fighter, dante from devil may cr-"
"I'VE COME TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT"
"what the ****"
"MASAHIRO SAKURAI IS A ***** ASS ************"
"excuse me"
"AND HE PISSED ON MY ****ING INVITATION"

Flyboy

Smash Hero
"hello everyone! i'm masahiro sakurai, creator of the super smash bros. ultimate series. i am here to reveal our next fighter, dante from devil may cr-"
"I'VE COME TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT"
"what the ****"
"MASAHIRO SAKURAI IS A ***** ASS ************"
"excuse me"
"AND HE PISSED ON MY ****ING INVITATION"
"I will not be revealing his classic mode today-"
"CANDLE SNIFFING **** FENCE GO CLIMB A WALL OF *****"

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Taking one more look at this whole scenario, I think I've figured it out
  • Direct quote, "Can any oracles out there guess who it will be in one go?"
  • Zelda's Oracles of Ages/Seasons Nayru, Din, and Farore
  • A blue girl, a red girl, and a green girl
This can only mean one thing: a triple reveal
  • Arle, Ringo as Arle's echo fighter, and the first post-pass character, conveniently lacking an in-game spirit, Adeleine

D

Deleted member

• Arle, Ringo as Arle's echo fighter, and the first post-pass character, conveniently lacking an in-game spirit, Adeleine
Don't do that. Don't give me hope.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that a character from the Yakuza games is likely to get in before Arle.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
sorry guys i think i was wrong i have new theory that explain

in the picture reveal sakurai is holding up three fingers look see

EOM6CgsUcAAiZhu.jpg

this is intentional since he's making the sign language sign for W

w.jpg

what starts with w i ask

WUMBO

thats right guys wumbo is fighter 5 and i just proved it

look forward to wumbo on thursday bye guyzzzz!

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
There was a problem fetching the tweet
This is probably photoshopped to bamboozle us, but this would be amazing.

D

Deleted member

sorry guys i think i was wrong i have new theory that explain

in the picture reveal sakurai is holding up three fingers look see

View attachment 257465

this is intentional since he's making the sign language sign for W

View attachment 257466

what starts with w i ask

WUMBO

thats right guys wumbo is fighter 5 and i just proved it

i also heard from my insider sources (which i will not name but are very real BELIEVE ME GUYZZZZ) that this is true sorry to ruin the surprise but all im looking for is clout so i actually don't care about any of your or this community but if you say i dont YOUR WRONG AND I WILL WEAPONIZE MY CULT OF PERSONALITY TO MURDER YOU

ok look forward to wumbo on thursday bye guyzzzz!
bruhh.. mumbo deconfirmed much.. damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom