• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKX31

Smash Master
Bayonetta can still do the triple jump "glitch" and it is something that you can do in Bayonetta 2, so I don't really think it is a bug.
Yeah, jumped the gun a bit there. Turns out it wasn't a glitch: since it was kept for Ultimate (and apparantely Ultimate's CPU Bayos do it too). Witch Twist itself was nerfed though from the beta to release - it gains less vertical height and has more startup / endlag, meaning it doesn't kill as often - nor can it be so easily chained - as in 4 / beta. Either way, the balance team did solve a major issue with kill confirms / touch of death.

Capcom is such a wild company in that it's one that could just have its own pass and I'd be happy. Hell, they could have individual series passes and I'd be happy. Observe:

Just give us Smash vs. Capcom already. C'mon.
#WheremyREpassat

Not gonna lie though, I agree that Smash vs. Capcom (or a proper, not-rushed MvC) should happen. It would be difficult to choose which 30-40 Nintendo / Smash and which 30-40 Capcom characters would be added though.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that the next announcement will only reveal FP5. I don't think that we will see any post-pass characters until E3.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Capcom is such a wild company in that it's one that could just have its own pass and I'd be happy. Hell, they could have individual series passes and I'd be happy. Observe:

Capcom Pass:
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Arthur
3. Amaterasu
4. Jill Valentine
5. Viewtiful Joe

Mega Man Pass:
1. Roll
2. Proto Man
3. Tron Bonne
4. Bass.EXE
5. Zero

Devil May Cry Pass:
1. Dante
2. Nero
3. V
4. Trish
5. Lady
Bonus Assist Trophy: Nico

Street Fighter Pass:
1. Chun-Li
2. M. Bison
3. Akuma
4. Zangief
5. Juri

etc. etc.

Funny thing Fly, GameXplain did mention their want for a fully-fledged Nintendo vs. Capcom 2D fighter in one of their 2020 prediction videos, so you're definitely not alone in that sentiment. It'd be pretty hype to see both companies' stables of iconic characters clash to smack the red-and-blue-colored daylights out of each other.

Last edited:

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
My bad. I'll drop it.

About the whole waiting thing, I dunno why people are so impatient. Like are there some people here that literally only play Smash Bros. exclusively or something? There's other games out there kids.
I basically sign into this website when an announcement is getting close or imminent. To me, any character being announced for Smash Bros is a big deal and is like a big video game event. So I want to share in the overall excitement and joy a new character brings. However, we're getting into the similar gap from when Joker was released to when Hero/Banjo were announced which was the biggest stretch of time where we didn't know what we were anticipating (About two months that time. This time we're going over two months now. ). So I personally just want to see the character so I can get excited over someone rather than stare into the unknown in anticipation.

So I can understand why people are anxious about the announcement. I play a metric ton of video games, but a smash character being announced is a moment I don't want to miss so here I am....waiting.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That moment when you get featured in PapaGenos' video. :)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
All y'all are actin' like Donkey in this scene:

Seriously y'all chill out. There's more to life than Smash Bros. announcements.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
The best part about this (currently not confirmed nor dated) Direct is I'm still mostly just expecting one reveal as opposed to some blow out of information, so I imagine people's suffering for those additional fighters will just resurface in like less than a month's time lol.

Last edited:

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Funny thing Fly, GameXplain did mention their want for a fully-fledged Nintendo vs. Capcom 2D fighter in one of their 2020 prediction videos, so you're definitely not alone in that sentiment. It'd be pretty hype to see both companies' stables of iconic characters clash to smack the red-and-blue-colored daylights out of each other.
Capcom making a Nintendo vs Capcom would be fantastic and help fill a Marvel size void in everyone's hearts, but I see Nintendo willing to fund it simply because they already got Smash.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

Capcom Pass:
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Arthur
3. Amaterasu
4. Jill Valentine
5. Viewtiful Joe

Mega Man Pass:
1. Roll
2. Proto Man
3. Tron Bonne
4. Bass.EXE
5. Zero

Devil May Cry Pass:
1. Dante
2. Nero
3. V
4. Trish
5. Lady
Bonus Assist Trophy: Nico

Street Fighter Pass:
1. Chun-Li
2. M. Bison
3. Akuma
4. Zangief
5. Juri

etc. etc.

Add my boy X to the Mega Man Pass and this is the greatest post in the history of man.

I'd also be excited for Capcom vs. SNK 3, provided Capcom brings their full stable and doesn't just go Street Fighter + Morrigan again.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
We've got Back Specials, and Dodge Attacks, I'm ready for them to introduce the next unqiue Fighter mechanic:
Touch Screen Attacks

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Add my boy X to the Mega Man Pass and this is the greatest post in the history of man.

I'd also be excited for Capcom vs. SNK 3, provided Capcom brings their full stable and doesn't just go Street Fighter + Morrigan again.
It's really telling that even with all of that I still couldn't fit Frank West, Mike Haggar, or X. Capcom is just too powerful...

I agree on finally getting CVS3. One of the coolest things I realized was that for the older games they really picked a lot of unusual choices that would fit both Capcom and SNK to create a really unusual but cohesive roster. I'd love to see a modern take on that, especially now that they aren't tied to mostly SF3 characters. CVS3 with a really crazy roster like UMVC3 would be amazing, especially since KOF14 added tons of awesome characters to the series to say nothing of the new SamSho.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

(video)

To be fair, though, IMO, at some point it isn’t really about the announcement itself (which really is just a thing in some videogame,) but is instead about the social dynamic that is created around these announcements.

I wonder what it says about our relations as forum chatters if our interactions are so completely reliant on the actions of a third party (relative to our discussion, as Nintendo itself doesn’t chat here.) Still, that is just how it is.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Whelp the "New" are still on there.

February it is.
Love how quick you are to just completely give up on this month when it's not even halfway over. The week has barely even started, to boot.

So how's about you chill, and stop trying to predict things based on whether or not a little red triangle is still on a website.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

My dad never hugged me as a child so Smash Bros character announcements are my only way of coping, TPC.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
To be fair, Devil May Cry and Bayonetta do have some similar traits gameplay wise. But I don't believe that'll guarantee Dante being broken.
Considering Bayo isn't broken anymore, they're clearly capable of handling it if they want to. I'm not too worried about it.

BZocky

Smash Ace
We've got Back Specials, and Dodge Attacks, I'm ready for them to introduce the next unqiue Fighter mechanic:
Touch Screen Attacks
By tapping anywhere on the stage, Nabbit can create platforms and stun his opponents just as in the New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe game!

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Capcom does not have enough reps. They need to add playable characters from Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, and Ace Attorney.
Ghosts ‘n Goblins
Bionic Commando
Resident Evil
Darkstalkers
Viewtiful Joe
Okami
Final Fight
Strider
Ace Attorney
Devil May Cry
Gargoyle’s Quest
Mega Man Zero

Are we sure Devil Trigger would be used in a trailer and not Devils Never Cry?
Well, Devil Trigger is technically Nero's theme, not Dante's.

Last edited:

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
what the hell kinda drugs were the composers on when they made the music for Animal Crossing Population Growing
Must have been something good, because that soundtrack is incredible.
I get what you mean though. Some songs feel very strange, almost uncanny even. But I still find those songs enjoyable to listen to.

Ivander

Smash Legend
A Smash Bros trailer that is very Arcade/VS. Capcom-esque(including the "Capcom Presents" from MvC) that reveals a new Fighter's Pack that's titled "Smash Bros. vs Capcom".

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well its 3am in Japan now so we're still at least 6 hours off from anything

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Nobody answered my question...
Terry was announced at 6 PM MST on November 4th, with his presentation being slated for the 6th.

Hero was 7 PM MST on July 28th, with his presentation being on the 30th.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Terry was announced at 6 PM MST on November 4th, with his presentation being slated for the 6th.

Hero was 7 PM MST on July 28th, with his presentation being on the 30th.
So I imagine a Wednesday direct to be shown that evening might be announced this evening?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wasn’t either the full length Hero or Terry presentation announced in the evening? Around 7-9 PM EST?
I’m confused, I thought the general date to look forward to was the 16th, was there anything indicating we’d get something sooner?
The qualifying statement is "at least"
The 16th seems the most likely date but they will give it a "tune in at date and time" thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom