• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Really hyped for No More Heroes 3.

May play Travis Strikes Again first doh.
Ideally you should play the whole series or at least watch some Let's Plays, along with Killer7 and the other games as they've recently really become a shared universe. NMH3 seems to be continuing on their story.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Travis not being in yet is kind of shocking seeing how bad Suda51 wants him. Hideo Kojima and Yuji Naka were huge parts of getting Snake and Sonic in Brawl so I won't be surprised if Travis is in Fighter Pass 2, or gell even Fighter 5.

It's just matter of time to be honest.

D

Deleted member

Ideally you should play the whole series or at least watch some Let's Plays, along with Killer7 and the other games as they've recently really become a shared universe. NMH3 seems to be continuing on their story.
Gonna take that in mind then.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Travis not being in yet is kind of shocking seeing how bad Suda51 wants him. Hideo Kojima and Yuji Naka were huge parts of getting Snake and Sonic in Brawl so I won't be surprised if Travis is in Fighter Pass 2, or gell even Fighter 5.

It's just matter of time to be honest.
I'd love to see Travis, but tbf, it hasn't really been until Ultimate DLC itself that third-parties who reside around Travis' strata really became plausible inclusions. Or, at least, more than long shots. Well other than Bayo, but she cheats.

Especially since it is possible other devs have requested their characters in as well, and Suda, being Suda, is just the only one to make his desires public.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I'm personally neutral on Travis's chances so far. I would love for him to be in; but Travis has never been big, and he doesn't really have a huge legacy like Travis. Travis is nicher then niche in Japan, and he is just niche overseas.

I would still love him if he gets in, but I think Nintendo publishing NMH 3 really doesn't mean anything in the long run. Suda51 wants Travis in Smash but let's be honest who doesn't want their characters in. Like if NMH 3 wasn't being made I would give Travis a 5% shot to get in, but since it is I think he's closer to 20%.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Quick, check the Xenoblade Chronicles X site too!

please be also down
I mean, I would, but. . . what exactly was the adress of X' website? Just searching for "xenobladechroniclesx.com" leads to a redirect to a detailing of the game on the official Nintendo website, which also happens for "supermario3dworld.com".

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
All y'all are actin' like Donkey in this scene:

Seriously y'all chill out. There's more to life than Smash Bros. announcements.
What's funny to me is people are so eager to see the rest of the DLC because speculation and discussion right now is dead, when that's exactly what will happen anyway after DLC finishes and Sakurai and co. wrap up.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh we have plans for that, just go "That's it? No Smash?" after literally every tweet NoA makes
I remember every Direct before March 2018 had everyone in literally any chat constantly spamming about Smash. Even when it wasn't a general Direct. Subreddits, twitter posts: You name it, at least a dozen or more people were yellin' about Smash Bros.

Nice to see some things will never change. :4pacman:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So one of the wii u game rumors is more or less soft confirmed as Pikmin 3. The other one is suppose to be a 6/10 game according to the reviewer.

I looked on their site and the 1st party games that were scored 6.0-6.9 by them were:

Mario Vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars
Mario Party 10
Earthbound Beginnings

The ones listed at Meta Critic is:

Game & Wario
Dr. Luigi
Wii Party U
Mario & Sonic Rio
Mario Party 10
Fatal Frame: Maiden of Water
Wii Sports Club
Star Fox Zero

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So one of the wii u game rumors is more or less soft confirmed as Pikmin 3. The other one is suppose to be a 6/10 game according to the reviewer.

I looked on their site and the 1st party games that were scored 6.0-6.9 by them were:

Mario Party 10
Earthbound Beginnings

Game & Wario
Dr. Luigi
Wii Party U
Mario & Sonic Rio
Mario Party 10
Wii Sports Club
Star Fox Zero
Star Fox Zero would need to be completely changed from the ground up in order to even work on the Switch so that gets crossed off

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Mario Party 10
Earthbound Beginnings

Game & Wario
Dr. Luigi
Wii Party U
Mario & Sonic Rio
Mario Party 10
Wii Sports Club
Star Fox Zero
The 6/10 thing is how excited they are for it being ported.
Nothing to do with reviews.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I can't tell if "The game that will get ported was mediocre as ****" being recognozed as XBX is hilarious or sad
IT WAS GOOD IN MY HEART DAMMIT

I think it's more down to the identity crisis it suffered from. Xenoblade fans didn't like it because it wasn't like XC1. Xenosaga fans, who would have enjoyed the aesthetic, callbacks, and vibe of it more, didn't really play it because they were burned by XC1. And nowadays you have the confusion stemming from the disparate reactions to XC2. Overall, it's still a weird black sheep in the Xeno- mythos.

But dammit I liked it I like the music and I like Elma okay ;_;

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
My prediction for 2 wii U games port are Pikmin 3 and either Fatal frame or Mario 3d world. I wish it was Xenoblade, but I doubt we'd have 2 Xenoblade release the same year and I also doubt it's Wonderful 101 because I feel like Platinum wouldn't comment on it being port if it was in the work.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

I think it's more down to the identity crisis it suffered from. Xenoblade fans didn't like it because it wasn't like XC1. Xenosaga fans, who would have enjoyed the aesthetic, callbacks, and vibe of it more, didn't really play it because they were burned by XC1. And nowadays you have the confusion stemming from the disparate reactions to XC2. Overall, it's still a weird black sheep in the Xeno- mythos.

xenoblade x main story: i sleep
xenoblade x side quests: real ****

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
While we all wait for the direct, I figured now would be a good time to go down memory lane with possibly the greatest Smash reveal ever:

Calamitas

Smash Champion

Mario Party 10
Earthbound Beginnings

Game & Wario
Dr. Luigi
Wii Party U
Mario & Sonic Rio
Mario Party 10
Wii Sports Club
Star Fox Zero
Uh, according to which reviewer? And was that an actual review score, or just a general assessment?

xenoblade x main story: i sleep
xenoblade x side quests: real ****
I mean, the quests are pretty much the entire point of the game. There's a reason why the main story itself as well as affinity missions are all labelled as quests. Most non-generic side quests are pretty much as much a part of the main story as the actual story quests.

only thing I know about XCX Is New LA and how stupid its themes are
That sounds like you need some of the better music for reference. (Links only for mobile convenience)

. . .And now I'm reminded of how ****ty it is that this game has no music in Ultimate (yet).

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord
Or maybe it's just because it was a Wii U game.
I don't think the fans are as dividided as you suggest here. If anything I always see Xenowhatever fans creating crazy theories connecting the multiple stories together, which suggests to me they would love it if all the games were back under the umbrella of Monolith Soft instead of being chopped up between three parent companies.

Reno

Smash Rookie
While we all wait for the direct, I figured now would be a good time to go down memory lane with possibly the greatest Smash reveal ever:
Mega Man is up there, personally I enjoyed Palutenas more

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Mega Man is up there, personally I enjoyed Palutenas more
For me it’s tied between Robin & Lucina (plus veteran Captain Falcon), Shulk, and Cloud. Even though Cloud didn’t have full CGI but does he need to? HE’S CLOUD FREAKIN STRIFE.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman

The thing with the main story in XCX is that it suffered and changed throughout the development.
- Celica and Rock only appearing in side stories when there’s clear evidence that they were supposed to play a big role.
- Half of the time attack bosses aren’t seen in the main story
- The amount of questions we have unanswered during the game and plot points that are dropped (which is why people want a port/definitive edition)
The only snub of Smash Ultimate I’m sad about for is not having a amazing X stage.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Has the V vs Dante thing not reached Smash Boards or did I just miss the conversation?

For those who don’t know: The voice actor for V spoke about wishing V was more relevant to the series as whole so that V would end up in Smash instead of Dante. The way he said it made it sound like he was sure Dante will be in Smash.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Has the V vs Dante thing not reached Smash Boards or did I just miss the conversation?

For those who don’t know: The voice actor for V spoke about wishing V was more relevant to the series as whole so that V would end up in Smash instead of Dante. The way he said it made it sound like he was sure Dante will be in Smash.
yeah you missed the conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom