• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
While my most wanted Sega character is Kiryu, I will gladly enjoy Arle's inclusion if she got in. She is my number two. It seems like if we were to get a new Sega rep, it'd be one of those two and I'd be happy.

At least that's what it seems to be for me.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Ah, more arguing about leakers?

Believe what you want to believe, honestly. You can't definitely say a text leak has 100% credibility or is 100% fake until after a reveal anyway, and at that point, who cares?

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Something about the Fighter's Pass starting and ending with a SEGA character that Vergeben failed to predict, it'd be so poetic :ultjoker:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I honestly really don’t care if this entire board goes against my stance on the deconfirmations.

Even though I have had some doubts in the past, I’m now fully banking on Vergeben and Sabi being right on FP5, 100%. Even if that means many characters that I wanted will not be FP5.

If we are in the timeline Doctor Strange was talking about and either of them screws it up, I’ll be the first one to call them out on it. (Not to mention I’ll go through with my account bet as well if this happened)

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I honestly really don’t care if this entire board goes against my stance on the deconfirmations.

Even though I have had some doubts in the past, I’m now fully banking on Vergeben and Sabi being right on FP5, 100%. Even if that means many characters that I wanted will not be FP5.

If we are in the timeline Doctor Strange was talking about and either of them screws it up, I’ll be the first one to call them out on it. (Not to mention I’ll go through with my account bet as well if this happened)
Who's left?

D

Deleted member

Who's left?
Square enix
Master chief
Travis
Farmer(harvest moon)
Epic games
Frogger
Baboom
Nintendo
Assists & spirits

Im writing off kos-mos tho. She should have been laid to rest when namco was deconfirmed for 5

and what if her appearance isn’t from xc2 at all?

Last edited by a moderator:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Square enix
Master chief
Travis
Farmer(harvest moon)
Epic games
Frogger
Baboom
Nintendo
Assists & spirits

Im writing off kos-mos tho. She should have been laid to rest when namco was deconfirmed for 5

and what if her appearance isn’t from xc2 at all?
Master Chief and Travis were both deconfirmed already by people who worked on their games.

D

Deleted member

You seem alone on this bet, so I'll join in just for the hell of it. I wont bet my account because I have other bets there, but I'll be creative.

If the Verge and Sabi kill lists are wrong, defined by FP 5 being someone they deconfirmed, I'll get myself temp banned on Smashboards via warnings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Oddly enough, despite the mass 3rd party deconfirmations by both Verge & Sabi, neither has bothered to deconfirm Nintendo as a whole or even a Spirit/AT chatacter.

You would think both would be the easiest to say "yeah Fighter 5 isn't this" but instead it's been living this long. Ironically enough, both of those were on Verge's mass kill list from December before he quickly backtracked on that. So even now, potentially a few days until the Direct both are still living.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oddly enough, despite the mass 3rd party deconfirmations by both Verge & Sabi, neither has bothered to deconfirm Nintendo as a whole or even a Spirit/AT chatacter.

You would think both would be the easiest to say "yeah Fighter 5 isn't this" but instead it's been living this long. Ironically enough, both of those were on Verge's mass kill list from Decenber before he quickly backtracked on that. So even now, potentially a few days until the Direct both are still living.
this is how Elma can still win...

please

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

You would think both would be the easiest to say "yeah Fighter 5 isn't this" but instead it's been living this long. Ironically enough, both of those were on Verge's mass kill list from Decenber before he quickly backtracked on that. So even now, potentially a few days until the Direct both are still living.
They deconfirmed Geno

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
this is how Elma can still win...

please
And this is also how Andy can still win.

Shamefully despite being a Spirit, I have some hope for him being Fighter 5 given the deconfirm list and the AW trademark from a few days before Ultimate released. If i'm wrong, i'm wrong but still.
They deconfirmed Geno
Geno was ruled out by both and is 3rd party. Not to mentioned owned by Square.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Shamefully despite being a Spirit, I have some hope for him being Fighter 5 given the deconfirm list and the AW trademark from a few days before Ultimate released. If i'm wrong, i'm wrong but still.

in Elma's case, she has some things in her favor: her Spirit is listed under "Xenoblade Chronicles". There IS A Xenoblade Chronicles 2 category but no Xenoblade Chronicles X category. The other X Spirits (the Skell, Tatsu, Lao, Lin) are also listed under Xenoblade Chronicles. Also, the whole no music thing

also her Spirit doesn't evolve into her True Form, there is a chance Elma's playable appearance could be her true form. Edited to CERO standards of course

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Who's left?
If we take out first parties and double dipping companies, this is who is technically left. This is also taking Sabis tweet into account about Vergebens first kill list.

>Dragonborn (100% most likely imo)
>Contra protagonist
>Harvest Moon protagonist
>Spyro
>Diablo or Warcraft rep
>Jonesy
>Naegi (Unless they pull a Hero with the protagonists, idk whether or not he’d be chosen over Monokuma)

There is also Kasumi, but it should be obvious by now she won’t get in after Terrys presentation.

Anyone I’m missing?

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If we take out first parties and double dipping companies, this is who is technically left. This is also taking Sabis tweet into account about Vergebens first kill list.

>Contra protagonist
>Spyro
>Diablo or Warcraft rep
>Jonesy
>Naegi (Unless they pull a Hero with the protagonists, idk whether or not he’d be chosen over Monokuma)

There is also Kasumi, but it should be obvious by now she won’t get in after Terrys presentation.

Anyone I’m missing?
I find most of these doubtful.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Geno would be counted as Square-Enix here, since his cameo in vanilla Superstar Saga (not the remake) had to credit Square-Enix just for that

The post I replied to said that neither of them deconfirmed any Spirits.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
in Elma's case, she has some things in her favor: her Spirit is listed under "Xenoblade Chronicles". There IS A Xenoblade Chronicles 2 category but no Xenoblade Chronicles X category. The other X Spirits (the Skell, Tatsu, Lao, Lin) are also listed under Xenoblade Chronicles. Also, the whole no music thing
Yeah I found that odd as well because I figured XCX would have a track or two in the game at least. I think Elma has a really cool design/moveset to bring to Smash so i'd be hyped for her.

For the case for Andy, his Spirit is linked to the WoL map, involved in the summon for Tails, and had work put in to his Spirit battle. I could see why the devs would leave his Spirit and the other 3 in the game even if he were to be DLC. Because there's still so many AW Spirits to add in game and the 4 in the base game don't even account for a lot of the main characters. The Infantry & Tanks AT being gone all of a sudden is also incredibly suspect if it were to be integrated in Andy's moveset instead.

Granted, this is speculative on my end but I could see this being a reason why the 4 Spirits still exist in the game.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Image of bets against Banjo and Kazooie
Hoo boy. Like fine wine, some of these.

While I don't make bets, I have to say I am looking forward to adding another character to the list in my signature. Been smelling blood in the water since the old days of "Doom Slayer is too violent". :joyful:

And yes, this also includes characters I don't think are CP5, like KOS-MOS. Honestly, after Banjo and Kazooie, I'm just looking for a good time, whether I'm right or wrong.

That said, there's one thing I'd like to adress about the NDAs thing: Kirkhope is the exception, not the rule. I don't think we should assume the devs are lying. Because even if one of them was lying and CP5 was a disconfirmed character (say, Frank lied about Master Chief), that means the others (Suda, Hashimoto, Walker) were telling the truth anyway. So again, exception, not the rule.

Krankees

Smash Ace

You would think both would be the easiest to say "yeah Fighter 5 isn't this" but instead it's been living this long. Ironically enough, both of those were on Verge's mass kill list from December before he quickly backtracked on that. So even now, potentially a few days until the Direct both are still living.
Can my boy Shovel Knight be promoted!?

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
From what I've seen Vergeben has been credible with more than just Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, so I've no reason to doubt him. Sabi on the other hand seems to say stuff just to say stuff, so I don't really feel like listening. Though due to the breadth of the kill list and the reasonable assumption that Assist Trophies aren't on the table I'd expect the next character either isn't on most people's radar (like a Harvest Moon or Puyo Puyo character) or someone like Kratos or Lara Croft that breaks the assumption that we won't get two characters from the same company/Sony won't be willing to allow one of their characters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Fighter 5 is secretly Pikmin 4’s development cartridge.
Imagine if they added a character that got scrapped in the development of their debut game, causing us to gain a Super Smash Bros. original character. That'd be quite the interesting turn of events. I don't imagine it'd be well received though especially since the hypothetical character would probably be a scrapped starter Pokémon design.

EDIT: It'd probably be brought up constantly to perpetuate the "too new" fan rule as well. Ugh.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

>Contra protagonist
>Spyro
>Diablo or Warcraft rep
>Jonesy

Anyone I’m missing?
Since everyone else has been written off, it’s his time to shine!
9D636E64-71AB-41CA-9FBC-8F117EBF18D2.jpeg

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai is just f***ing around with the camera mode and he has the tools and knowledge to make interesting pictures. There's no point overanalyzing the images because they have no meaning, and I am certain that most of us are aware of that, but it is also amusing to discover how people interpret them.
My favorite part about this image is that the silly joke of "Wolf has the hots for a picture of a horse" is being interpreted as OMG ITS A COSMOS FLOWER DUDES

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Who would've thought that the end to Steven's character development in Future was him realizing that he needs to join Smash?
the final Smash direct and the final episode of Future air at the exact same time. People think it's just bad timing, until Sakurai walks into Steven's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom