• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I would feel pretty bad if this guy got into Smash over Ryu Hayabusa or any other indie character.
Then again, the Messenger himself is inspired by Ryu.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
My #1 want from the Pokemon Direct Tomorrow is for them to announce Keldeo as the Final DLC Fighter for Pokken.
Totally serious.

Last edited:

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
I remember getting excited for the 2016 pokemon direct just for them to announce the Pokken port and ultra sun/moon. I've been reluctant of them ever since.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Hell, the writer was pissed they were added in and refused to write the sex scenes, they were merely added because corporate said "People want this",
Isn’t Fates is the franchise with the crossdressing boy / the girl that wears a see-through dress for littearly no reason

The writers should probably settle down if he got that pissed off his oversexualized franchise, get oversexualized

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Isn’t Fates is the franchise with the crossdressing boy / the girl that wears a see-through dress for littearly no reason

The writers should probably settle down if he got that pissed off his oversexualized franchise, get oversexualized
astolfo is the crossdressing boy

There is a saber that has a dress were you can see though it for no reason. god damn thats dumb now that I say it out loud

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nero is the Saber with the see-through dress. It's more she's not afraid to show off her sexuality and doesn't really care if somebody sees that kind of stuff. She's not embarrassed or ashamed of it. The dress is pointless fanservice, but her characterization is a lot better in comparison because it's just her not being ashamed that she is who she is. They do a good job with the scenes outside of the dress, really, in the anime. That was a weird one too. Though Apocrypha was a lot worse in comparison with some of the designs. Frankly, Nero is not beyond terrible compared to some of the dumb stuff shown at times. ._.

Anyway, it wouldn't matter cause Nero has no chance with that design. That, and other Sabers wear very different armors/clothing so only one could much work. They could potentially do alts since some Sabers wear other clothing, but it's really only Artoria and Mordred that sometimes were stuff like bike shorts(among ones I know from the anime, to clarify). Nero is also one of the few anime Sabers to have a Saberface besides the two I mentioned. There's male Sabers too, but they're far harder to remember outside of Siegfried. I'll only keep it simple about the anime is that they all have scenes that aren't for the faint of heart. They're pretty gory at times. Some are also overly fanservicey too, which is an issue. Thankfully that doesn't translate to Smash and they don't need to reference everything anyway.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Hey guys, so today I decided to be whacko and approximate the release dates of 11 future DLC characters. A number chosen due to that being the amount of spaces left on the Max CSS.

Unlike DLC5, where I had the amiibo date, I have no such data for the rest. So to do this, I needed A LOT of salt for it.

I decided to take the days between amiibo releases, average them together, and then add that average to each date to represent the amiibo release of a new fighter. I then plugged that date into the linear regression equation, and bada boom, got release dates from there.

Now... in regards to this... think about this as forecasting weather beyond the 10-day threshold. It's usually never accurate, and never accounts for other variables. However, I was mad enough to attempt this sort of thing. So don't put that much stock into it. It's basically the same method used to approximate dates for Fighter 5, but basically with no feet to stand on.

Anyway, without further ado, here they are:
DLC6: March 27th, 2020
DLC7: June 13th, 2020
DLC8: August 30th, 2020
DLC9: November 16th, 2020
DLC10: February 1st, 2021
DLC11: April 20th, 2021
DLC12: July 7th, 2021
DLC13: September 23rd, 2021
DLC14: December 10th, 2021
DLC15: February 25th, 2022
(Note. DLC5 is not included and Plant is not counted as the starting character. Joker is.)

So yeah, this was crazy, but fun to do.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hey guys, so today I decided to be whacko and approximate the release dates of 11 future DLC characters. A number chosen due to that being the amount of spaces left on the Max CSS.

Unlike DLC5, where I had the amiibo date, I have no such data for the rest. So to do this, I needed A LOT of salt for it.

I decided to take the days between amiibo releases, average them together, and then add that average to each date to represent the amiibo release of a new fighter. I then plugged that date into the linear regression equation, and bada boom, got release dates from there.

Now... in regards to this... think about this as forecasting weather beyond the 10-day threshold. It's usually never accurate, and never accounts for other variables. However, I was mad enough to attempt this sort of thing. So don't put that much stock into it. It's basically the same method used to approximate dates for Fighter 5, but basically with no feet to stand on.

(Note. DLC5 is not included and Plant is not counted as the starting character. Joker is.)

I can't even imagine if this actually happened. I dunno if I could handle being on this ride for 2 more years.

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Man, people really have a problem with nudity and sexuality of fictional characters in 2020 huh?
*Holding back from diving into a deep, philosophical discussion on a Smash Bros DLC and Newcomer thread*
So...how about the rumors of a supposed direct coming next week, eh?

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
*Holding back from diving into a deep, philosophical discussion on a Smash Bros DLC and Newcomer thread*
I'll believe it when I see it. Last month was a humble reminder of why you shouldn't put any stock into patterns and rumors.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

I can't even imagine if this actually happened. I dunno if I could handle being on this ride for 2 more years.
So Smash Bros becomes the next Street Fighter V. You know considering the unique circumstances behind Ultimate I wouldn’t mind having as much DLC as possible stretched out over the console generation. I just hope the characters are good.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I'll believe it when I see it. Last month was a humble reminder of why you shouldn't put any stock into patterns and rumors.
It's almost a guaranteed 50/50 in my opinion. Of the 6 previous Pokemon Directs, 5 were followed by a more general direct in the following 2 weeks. The one Pokemon direct that didn't had a general direct 11 days before hand. If it's not happening this week, it's happening next week.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I wouldn't be surprised if a General Direct follows soon after. It's just the way they've done it up to this point. If they change that, randomly, this time I'll be pretty surprised.

D

Deleted member

So Smash Bros becomes the next Street Fighter V. You know considering the unique circumstances behind Ultimate I wouldn’t mind having as much DLC as possible stretched out over the console generation. I just hope the characters are good.
Unlike SFV, that game felt like an incomplete games that lacked so much content. 16 characters at launch? Then it took like, 3 years before we got a somewhat decent 43-character roster? Impressive for Nintendo!

Vanilla SFV was a beta at launch. Smash Ultimate felt like a complete game on its own.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Here's hoping...

But can you imagine this thread if we all log in tomorrow and we see something like

Mr. Rime Taps In!

We already got Monkey's Paw'd asking for a direct, now all we need is to get Monkey's Paw'd about asking for first parties. :joyful:

Seriously though, wasn't there an insider or someone who mentioned that the 3rd was the internal deadline for developers to send Ninty their trailers? If translation/etc. takes a week or two, it'd make sense to keep an eye on the 16th.

I am 100% all for this.

Bring on the DLC. Even DLC echoes/stages/costumes for Miis and normal characters. Ultimate really feels like one of those games that could get supported for ages, and it's also not pushy *coughNetherrealmcough* about the DLC like leaving empty blanks in the CSS. I really think their best bet would be to just keep supporting Ultimate for as long as possible.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Here's hoping...

But can you imagine this thread if we all log in tomorrow and we see something like

Mr. Rime Taps In!

We already got Monkey's Paw'd asking for a direct, now all we need is to get Monkey's Paw'd about asking for first parties. :joyful:

Seriously though, wasn't there an insider or someone who mentioned that the 3rd was the internal deadline for developers to send Ninty their trailers? If translation/etc. takes a week or two, it'd make sense to keep an eye on the 16th.
Don't you mean Charlie Chaplin?

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Only GX has a T rating, so I doubt it would get the shaft. Would still not like the E10 and under restriction though.
That's true, I guess I should have said 'maybe F-Zero' since I suspect that if they actually made new entries they would be T Rated.
But yeah, its probably because almost all of my favorite series are rated Teen or Mature these days..like Zelda (some at least), Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, Persona, Bayonetta, Senran Kagura, Disgaea, Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, Xenoblade Chronicles, NieR, BlazBlue, etc while only a few like Kingdom Hearts, Mario, Sonic, Pokémon, MegaMan, and Splatoon are Everyone to E10+..and most of them aren't even in the Top 10 for my favorite series..so I also wouldn't like that restriction and it would just make me a LOT less interested in future installments.

Last edited:

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
Unlike SFV, that game felt like an incomplete games that lacked so much content. 16 characters at launch? Then it took like, 3 years before we got a somewhat decent 43-character roster? Impressive for Nintendo!

Vanilla SFV was a beta at launch. Smash Ultimate felt like a complete game on its own.
Only having 16 characters was the least of it's problems. There was only two bare bones single player modes, you had to be logged on to unlock points/colors(it would also frequently crash, making you lose all progress) and online multiplayer barely worked. The first day I was only able to play 3 matches.

D

Deleted member

Only having 16 characters was the least of it's problems. There was only two bare bones single player modes, you had to be logged on to unlock points/colors(it would also frequently crash, making you lose all progress) and online multiplayer barely worked. The first day I was only able to play 3 matches.
Seconded. Geez, Capcom was so damn lazy with the development of this game. Then MvCI tarnished my hopes on this company. Shame.

To be fair, online Ultimate is quite a mixed bag but I'd take it.

-------------------------------

With that out of the way... Papagenos posted this tweet theory connecting all the Pics of the Day.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I do hope you keep us up to date about whether you get it right/wrong and by how much. It's an interesting theory.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
With that out of the way... Papagenos posted this tweet theory connecting all the Pics of the Day.

Krankees

Smash Ace
Don't forget about 8 frame input delay.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Seconded. Geez, Capcom was so damn lazy with the development of this game. Then MvCI tarnished my hopes on this company. Shame.

To be fair, online Ultimate is quite a mixed bag but I'd take it.

-------------------------------

**** Arle. She sucks.
But Ryu and KOS-MOS are in my list, so I approve.
Seriously. Arle is a ****ing avatar for a puzzle game. Give us ANYONE else.

*People speculating a Pokémon as FP5*

Ok! Ok! Arle, then!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Can't wait till next week and the new Direct makes speculation come full circle and there's a dual reveal of Hayabusa for 5 and Doom Slayer for 6. :secretkpop:

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
This stuff is frustrating to me because Sakurai said himself that he doesn't usually post these kinds of pictures publicly but wanted to start doing so because it's fun. And people are taking his harmless fun as "IS THIS A CHARACTER HINT??????" Like good god

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
This stuff is frustrating to me because Sakurai said himself that he doesn't usually post these kinds of pictures publicly but wanted to start doing so because it's fun. And people are taking his harmless fun as "IS THIS A CHARACTER HINT??????" Like good god
What do you mean pics don't confirm characters?
That pic totally confirmed Link, Marth, and Rathalos!

Great but...I wouldn't bank on it yet but...****...what could possibly go...

Awww COME ON!!!

**** the game and its male bias.
Don't **** yourself just yet. FP5 is most likely female.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
By the way, I'm still all in on KOS-MOS, but I'm not AS confident as I was pre-TGA.

I still just find it damning that Sabi and Verge were deconfirming left and right until someone brought up KOS-MOS, and then they both refused to deconfirm her and took hiatuses.

"Only the guilty plead the fifth!"

D

Deleted member

By the way, I'm still all in on KOS-MOS, but I'm not AS confident as I was pre-TGA.

I still just find it damning that Sabi and Verge were deconfirming left and right until someone brought up KOS-MOS, and then they both refused to deconfirm her and took hiatuses.

"Only the guilty plead the fifth!"
Who knows. Last minute shenanigans?

Either way...I don't know. Besides, all this hiatus stuff they're in is poisoning my mind.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Who knows. Last minute shenanigans?

Either way...I don't know. Besides, all this hiatus stuff they're in is poisoning my mind.
I'll put it this way:
We literally have four options.
1. It's KOS-MOS.
2. It's one of the characters that was deconfirmed by Sabi or Vergeben.
3. It's a Nintendo character / Spirit / Assist Trophy or other viable character that is generally "cut out" from speculation.
4. It's a "literally who?" character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom