• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
The year is 3018.
Masahiro Sakurai's mind is still hard at work on Smash Bros. Ultimate after his consciousness was successfully transferred into a small vine of grapes.
Waluigi is still absent from the game's 14,000 character roster.

SKX31

Smash Master
The year is 3018.
Masahiro Sakurai's mind is still hard at work on Smash Bros. Ultimate after his consciousness was successfully transferred into a small vine of grapes.
What happened to Nixon's head in 3018? Is he a character in Ultimate?

I'm only caught up to 3001, see.:4pacman:

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
The year is 3018.
Tbh, Smash jumped the shark when Sakurai sacrificed himself to bring Kirby through the Dimensional Merge, thusly ending the War of 20XX by using his newfound powers to patch Kratos as a Fox counter into Melee.

I believe I know the cause of this fear.

I had completely forgotten about this.

However, in one image, a typhoon of infinite suffering has been brought upon me.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
January Nintendo Direct:

- Rare Replay for Switch
- Master Chief announced for Smash
- Arbiter, Mumbo, and Minecraft Mii Costumes

The End.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
January Nintendo Direct:

- Rare Replay for Switch
- Master Chief announced for Smash
- Arbiter, Mumbo, and Minecraft Mii Costumes

The End.
Mumbo Mii Costume with the voodoo stick?

You son of a *****, I’m in.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, Bills lost. Feeling the big sad, but there is definitely a reason why Bills fans put themselves through tables.

Not responding to any one post in particular, just have some things to point here.

1) I don’t think there’s actually a single person who wants Smash to only be 3rd party for the remainder of time. I personally have far more 3rd party than 1st party wants and think it’s the way to go, but if it were a brand new Smash? Gimme plenty of first parties.

2) I wouldn’t trust a rando rumor account for anything, especially when one of their posts is literally, “That picture with Daisy and all the other DLC? Hints at KOS-MOS.

3) Hoping for a Direct to end the madness of Pick 5, so things can reset. Though, I still hope Pick 6 sets the tone going forward, and if picks like Geno aren’t in, that they get put down quickly.

Like, if Geno isn’t in then just reveal the new Mii Costume with Forest Mushrooms music. At least, that’s what I would do if I were Sakurai. Dragging it out makes it way worse for some folks lol.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Well, Bills lost. Feeling the big sad, but there is definitely a reason why Bills fans put themselves through tables.

Not responding to any one post in particular, just have some things to point here.

1) I don’t think there’s actually a single person who wants Smash to only be 3rd party for the remainder of time. I personally have far more 3rd party than 1st party wants and think it’s the way to go, but if it were a brand new Smash? Gimme plenty of first parties.

2) I wouldn’t trust a rando rumor account for anything, especially when one of their posts is literally, “That picture with Daisy and all the other DLC? Hints at KOS-MOS.

3) Hoping for a Direct to end the madness of Pick 5, so things can reset. Though, I still hope Pick 6 sets the tone going forward, and if picks like Geno aren’t in, that they get put down quickly.

Like, if Geno isn’t in then just reveal the new Mii Costume with Forest Mushrooms music. At least, that’s what I would do if I were Sakurai. Dragging it out makes it way worse for some folks lol.
That Bills game was rough Im sorry for the L

Im a Pats fan; i hope they dont **** up even more this week

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This just gave me flashbacks to the Ridley drama of Smash 4, and how it took such a ridiculously long time for Sakurai to fully reveal that Ridley was a stage hazard. Those were dark times...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's funny to me that this guy is apperently the only person that knows Fighter 5's codename and everyone else is in the dark just cause.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
This just gave me flashbacks to the Ridley drama of Smash 4, and how it took such a ridiculously long time for Sakurai to fully reveal that Ridley was a stage hazard. Those were dark times...
Smash 4 speculation in general was a mostly dark time.

Gematsu this, ESRB that, and so on.

Then the ballot happened...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Also, this isn't even considering how the mech figure Sakurai bought was purchased in 2016 and the Fighters Pass was only a thing in 2018. And that Sakurai clearly stated he was using that figure for his current project being base game Ultimate. This guy didn't even bother to think about his fake leak carefully.

Not to mention how his posts on his Twiiter timeline come across as your run of the mill troll.

D

Deleted member

10 bucks says KOS-MOS is leak-bait.
Perhaps the same could be said of Geno, Doomguy, etc. If it's someone that's out of field, then we'll talk.

Yeah. She's essentially a bandwagon pick. I don't know how she would get in over the likes of Heihachi Mishima and Lloyd Irving.
I personally agree with this too.

However, my friend Ben Holt Ben Holt believes that there is too much evidence that all leads to them, and so he has his signature wherein Doomslayer and Geno are inevitably gonna be added because every leak is pointing to them.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Bet you anything this guy is low-key hoping KOS-MOS is actually 5 so he can pretend he's an insider and people will give him attention.

If not, it'll be the old Tweet 'n Delete.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bet you anythimg this guy is low-key hoping KOS-MOS is actually 5 so he can pretend he's an insider and people will give him attention.

Well, that's speculation for ya. Not gonna lie it's an incredibly dumb system.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Yeah. She's essentially a bandwagon pick. I don't know how she would get in over the likes of Heihachi Mishima and Lloyd Irving.
I think we can all agree that Master Chief is #5.
All of the evidence points towards him:

- I think hed be cool
- refer to my first point

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Nobody credible has leaked KOS-MOS, so calling her leakbait is just silly.

Hell, I find the criticism of "X is leakbait" to be a cop out anyway, god knows how well that's worked out for ultimate (Incineroar and Erdrick/Hero)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Perhaps the same could be said of Geno, Doomguy, etc. If it's someone that's out of field, then we'll talk.

I personally agree with this too.

However, my friend Ben Holt Ben Holt believes that there is too much evidence that all leads to them, and so he has his signature wherein Doomslayer and Geno are inevitably gonna be added because every leak is pointing to them.
People only believe that Geno and Doomguy are getting added because of that Mii Costume image leak that might be a fake.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Bet you anythimg this guy is low-key hoping KOS-MOS is actually 5 so he can pretend he's an insider and people will give him attention.

And if her code name actually is Abel?

People only believe that Geno and Doomguy are getting added because of that Mii Costume image leak that might be a fake.
Doomguy's been around far longer than the Mii costume leak.

D

Deleted member

I think we can all agree that Master Chief is #5.
All of the evidence points towards him:

- I think hed be cool
- refer to my first point
*downs her milk tea*

Nice try.

Personally you should kinda talk to him 'bout it coz he's the one with the mindset and I'm here confused as to how to deal with him next.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
And if her code name actually is Abel?

Doomguy's been around far longer than the Mii costume leak.
But, that image leak sure boosted his chances in the eyes of some people.
Nobody credible has leaked KOS-MOS, so calling her leakbait is just silly.

Hell, I find the criticism of "X is leakbait" to be a cop out anyway, god knows how well that's worked out for ultimate (Incineroar and Erdrick/Hero)
If all leakbait was accurate then Steve and Katalina would have gotten in.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
But, that image leak sure boosted his chances in the eyes of some people.

If all leakbait was accurate then Steve and Katalina would have gotten in.
Doomguy was already seen as "Most definietely FP5" by that point.

Steve and Katalina both originate from Hitagi, who was never credible in the first place.

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
It's Trip from Facade, an indie game where the gimmick is you have to fix a marriage by being able to type whatever you want, with the characters responding accordingly.

Unfortunately, the technology wasn't quite there, so Trip's a bit of an odd duck.
Trip for SSBU

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that this is definitely a troll so we should just give up and move on. I also don't know why KOS-MOS would be picked anyways.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Leak bait implies that all of the people leaking her have actual information and have actually heard her.

Frankly, it seems pretty typically that conversation around a particular character stirs up, and then everybody who makes fake leaks just latch onto it. This also happened with Doomguy.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Leak bait implies that all of the people leaking her have actual information and have actually heard her.

Frankly, it seems pretty typically that conversation around a particular character stirs up, and then everybody who makes fake leaks just latch onto it. This also happened with Doomguy.
Gordon Freeman was another victim of this, and Master Chief too.

D

Deleted member

Honestly...all this talk is giving me too much a headache...dunno what's gonna happen next or what...I just want this period of speculation to end so that everything will finally meet their closure.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Honestly...all this talk is giving me too much a headache...dunno what's gonna happen next or what...I just want this period of speculation to end so that everything will finally meet their closure.
It probably will soon, if the Amiibo Theory is legitimate.

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
Speaking of all of this, I did find a leak a while back:

no really does anyone know a good plumber

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Last edited:
Status