• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Banjo was released on September 4th, Terry November 6th, and if FP5 is January 8th, each future DLC character release range would be an average of 2 months with the release being early in the month.

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
How would everyone feel if we randomly got an update one day and it just came with Fighter #5?

No announcement or anything. Just a random update.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
How would everyone feel if we randomly got an update one day and it just came with Fighter #5?

I mean I’d be sad we couldn’t really see trailer reactions but at the same time, new character.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Banjo was released on September 4th, Terry November 6th, and if FP5 is January 8th, each future DLC character release range would be an average of 2 months with the release being early in the month.
I think we get direct announcements 2 days before they air so if they do reveal/release fighter 5 in January 8th, we'll probably hear news tomorrow, otherwise we'll still be waiting for the elusive fighter 5.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

That would be a first and y'know, I might actually like it lol.

Or even if they released the patch and uploaded the character's trailer right after.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think we get direct announcements 2 days before they air so if they do reveal/release fighter 5 in January 8th, we'll probably hear news tomorrow, otherwise we'll still be waiting for the elusive fighter 5.
The Sept 4th Direct was actually announced one day before so i'm thinking we'll get the announcement on Tuesday (most likely).

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I don't believe Verg because they continue to backpedal on their claims.
Question, What's the difference between a back pedal and a correction to you? There are only two things he's stated to have changed his stance on, His big list of who it's not and technically KOS-MOS.

In the first instance, he misinterpreted what his source said and corrected himself long before it could be a proven wrong statement. Everybody's done similar, so I think it's silly to hold that against him.

With KOS-MOS, it's easy to see as a backpedal, but it also has an explanation. We don't know what the source knows in regards to KOS-MOS. It's easy for us to know, because we make it a hobby to speculate this ****, but most people simply don't. If the source only knows KOS-MOS through Xenoblade 2, there's really no way to know she's a Namco character unless you pay attention to the credits. This stems from Verge utilizing a middle man who will not divulge the character either. Of course, he only started looking into her after certain leaks popped up, most of which are now dead, but he still hasn't gotten an answer. If he was backpedaling because of the leaks, then he should have been against her by now because anything that makes her "likely" is already dead in the water.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Question, What's the difference between a back pedal and a correction to you? There are only two things he's stated to have changed his stance on, His big list of who it's not and technically KOS-MOS.

In the first instance, he misinterpreted what his source said and corrected himself long before it could be a proven wrong statement. Everybody's done similar, so I think it's silly to hold that against him.

With KOS-MOS, it's easy to see as a backpedal, but it also has an explanation. We don't know what the source knows in regards to KOS-MOS. It's easy for us to know, because we make it a hobby to speculate this ****, but most people simply don't. If the source only knows KOS-MOS through Xenoblade 2, there's really no way to know she's a Namco character unless you pay attention to the credits. This stems from Verge utilizing a middle man who will not divulge the character either. Of course, he only started looking into her after certain leaks popped up, most of which are now dead, but he still hasn't gotten an answer. If he was backpedaling because of the leaks, then he should have been against her by now because anything that makes her "likely" is already dead in the water.
If it's not KOS-MOS, then Vergeben will lose a lot of credibility. It's been three weeks since he said he would look into it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey so, KOS-MOS thread found this account:
https://twitter.com/Brandonkirkall2

they made their account in April 2018 but just started posting at the start of the year. at the same time though, their posts are oddly specific, even including a believable codename for the character (Abel)

thoughts?

D

Deleted member

If it's not KOS-MOS, then Vergeben will lose a lot of credibility. It's been three weeks since he said he would look into it.
Uh...when was the last time Verge said anything? Last I checked he deconfirmed Morrigan and Reiji.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

they made their account in April 2018 but just started posting at the start of the year. at the same time though, their posts are oddly specific, even including a believable codename for the character (Abel)

thoughts?
Lack of history leads me to believe that this has the possibility of being a fake twitter leaker where they post a metric **** ton of **** and delete everything that's wrong.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I'd also like to say that I think using the toy rifle as evidence is backwards. Pretty sure that was bought sometime in 2017. There's absolutely no ****ing way that was for DLC.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
That depends on if he says it's not her before the next reveal.
It shouldn't take three weeks to hear back from the source. The only explanation that doesn't smell like bull**** is that it's KOS-MOS, and the source doesn't want to give a confirmation.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

thoughts?
I'd also like to say that I think using the toy rifle as evidence is backwards. Pretty sure that was bought sometime in 2017. There's absolutely no ****ing way that was for DLC.

Sakurai bought that thing back in late 2016, which is around the time Ultimate should've been starting development.

I'm sorry, but this just seems like the KOS-MOS thread finding hope on shaky ground.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Where have I seen that dude before?
It's Trip from Facade, an indie game where the gimmick is you have to fix a marriage by being able to type whatever you want, with the characters responding accordingly.

Unfortunately, the technology wasn't quite there, so Trip's a bit of an odd duck.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It's Trip from Facade, an indie game where the gimmick is you have to fix a marriage by being able to type whatever you want, with the characters responding accordingly.

Unfortunately, the technology wasn't quite there, so Trip's a bit of an odd duck.
he also gets his jimmies rustled and kicks you out if you say the m-word

melon

Krankees

Smash Ace
I don't know if I can trust a supposed leaker who's username is leakysmashbruh.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sakurai bought that thing back in late 2016, which is around the time Ultimate should've been starting development.

I'm sorry, but this just seems like the KOS-MOS thread finding hope on shaky ground.
Then again we did compile the cat leaks before they were exposed...

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
What are you talking about?
Basically, saying certain words in Facade immediately has everyone immediately go silent and gets you kicked out of the dinner party (the Facade equivalent of a game-over). One of these words is, oddly enough, melon. As such, the characters' fear of fruit has been heavily parodied.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Basically, saying certain words in Facade immediately has everyone immediately go silent and gets you kicked out of the dinner party (the Facade equivalent of a game-over). One of these words is, oddly enough, melon. As such, the characters' fear of fruit has been heavily parodied.
I believe I know the cause of this fear.

The_Watermelon_Festival.png

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I believe I know the cause of this fear.

in all seriousness Melon is also a slang for... well, boobies and I guess Trip will think you're hitting on his wife

ANYWAY!

i definitely think next week will see a reveal.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

I'd actually prefer this.

The wait and speculation is really getting to all of us. I'm scared for when we do get an announcement about a direct inbound and we all devolve into anxiety and leaks left and right. May have to stay offline once it's announced.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If were lucky we'll get FP5 on Monday. I can however accept waiting until Wednesday, Thursday or next week given I'm certain were getting him or her this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom