• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
dlcfirstpartythirdparty.png

Just a reminder that the only two all new Nintendo characters to be added as DLC across both Smash games that support it were a sixth FE rep and a Mario mook

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This is my first forum post of the year, so I wanna try something new. So... I usually participate in those fun little lists we make, but I never came up with a game of my own, and I kinda wanna try that.

I think one way to get folks hyped about characters is their movesets. So, I want to see if y'all can answer any (or all) of these, and I will try to provide detailed concepts for the one response that I like the most (bonus points if I pull this off before FP5's announcement). I hope that makes sense. If not, I'll try to explain it more eloquently.

List a character that:

1. You absolutely can't come up with a moveset for, even if ya tried. The wackier, the better.

2. You like that ya probably could make a moveset for, but don't feel like doing it (but you wouldn't mind reading about it)

3. A character you think deserves more awareness

4. You have little to no attachment to, but think they would be dope conceptually

This includes side characters and 4th party characters. Again... you don't have to answer every one, but it might help your odds. I'll provide a detailed concept for the one list I like most. If ya don't win, don't feel left out though! All participants will receive an internet hug in the form of one like. :052:
1. Snom. If you can, I envy you.
2. Gen 8 Starters
3. Dixie Kong.
4. Fire Emblem Heroes protagonist with the gun that shoots FE characters

SKX31

Smash Master
Not gonna lie, a Pokémon MOBA would be the only mobile MOBA I'd ever pick up, provided it has some depth to it.
It's too early to tell (we don't even have screenshots of it for one), but the building blocks for an interesting and different MOBA are already there in the Pokemon series. Digging abilities are not often used in other MOBAs, flight likewise is incredibly restricted in otthers and more advanced stuff could also be included.

What meme? He's a plenty iconic character. Can't think of many people who haven't at least played some form of it in their lifetime.
TBF, I strongly doubt that that many golden age arcade games even made it to the Phillipines (where she lives) or other SEA countries. From what I (an outsider, could be admittedly wrong) know arcades first entered the SEA around the 90s - long after Frogger. The best lead I could get is the Australian arcade chain Timezone, which went international in 1995.

Could just be a case of Frogger being completely outside her scope.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 255598

Just a reminder that the only two all new Nintendo characters to be added as DLC across both Smash games that support it were a sixth FE rep and a Mario mook
Can Nintendo purists stop trying to use this to prove they're opressed while unironically having a character people only cared about for some old Nintendo exclusives at the front? Banjo was meant to cater towards people who grew up on Nintendo and I'm tired of people who loved Banjo suddenly go "Now what about the first parties? We never get anything we want I swear :c"

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Just for the record I'm totally fine with the focus on third parties, I just think it's funny how we've only ever gotten two Nintendo newcomers as DLC and they're both characters no one was really asking for (I.E Dixie, Rex, etc) lol

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Can Nintendo purists stop trying to use this to prove they're opressed while unironically having a character people only cared about for some old Nintendo exclusives at the front? Banjo was meant to cater towards people who grew up on Nintendo and I'm tired of people who loved Banjo suddenly go "Now what about the first parties? We never get anything we want I swear :c"
I'll actually hop behind your cynicism for once, Gwen. Banjo is a first-party in our hearts, always has been.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
3. I knew it! You still lived up to the hype. You have no idea how many TimeSplitter fans you probably made along the way, including me. Shooters aren't really my cup of tea, but GoldenEye and Perfect Dark are some of the exceptions. Ergo, the folks behind TimeSplitters were (sadly) ahead of their time, no pun intended. It has a lot going for it, and from what I've seen it's pretty funny, too. I am so down for a revival. Thank goodness for things like Kickstarter. Folks brought Shenmue back, y'all. This can happen.
Thank you very much! Your words mean a lot to me! It makes me feel that putting this support for Cortez is worth it! :^)

Don't worry, I'm no fake when it comes to supporting Cortez and I just want everyone to know about this hidden gem of a series! Steve Ellis (The lead director for the TimeSplitters series and Goldeneye/Perfect Dark) is back and THQ Nordic are trying to find ways to bring TimeSplitters back. There is also TimeSplitters Rewind which is looking good but I wouldn't get too excited for that since the team is slowly fading. So there is something planned for TimeSplitters, just nothing happening yet.

Picture this. It's the last fighter. It's the latest Direct. You've waited 40 minutes to see this. Your favorite has not yet been included. Then, BAM! It's not who you wanted. Which character would make you mad? (As in, "WHY DID ((insert that final character)) GET IN?? WTF??")

This'll start a war, but mine would be Geno. If he's included beforehand, then IDC. But if he gets in before a character that has more of an impact (IMO) on gaming history, then I'd be a little angry.
Although I have Banjo & Kazooie, there are still characters that would really bug me if they got in and that I would not buy.

Dovahkiin: I know everyone doesn't get the deal with realistic characters but to me he'd just look jarring in this game. It'd be like looking at a cosplayer on a green screen background. His role as a create a character would give him loads of weapons to use but I'd imagine Sakurai would draw from his promotional artwork which just has him using a sword and shield. To top it all off, Hero does most of if not all the stuff I'd expect the Dovahkiin to do anyway so I think he'd be redundant. One funny thing that would come from it is that he'd be labeled as an "American Hero"! Ha!

Create a Characters in general: This includes Monster Hunter, The Chosen Undead (Great name), etc. Just Dovahkiin but without the realistic problem.

Reimu: All I see is kawaii anime girl and that's it. I'm not very fond of characters like her.

Byleth: Now the only Fire Emblem characters I respect in Smash are Marth, Roy, Ike and Robin. It's the addition of two echo fighters and the infamous reveal of Corrin during the Smash ballot craze that really puts a damper on the series.
Byleth to me would essentially be another Corrin situation except not as bad but still "why them". I can only imagine them playing like a more fluid version of Simon and Richter but with Robin specials. I don't think Edelgard would be chosen over Byleth.

Frisk: This may sound mean but I hope that Sans mii costume means that Frisk has no chance of being DLC. Most movesets I see of Frisk end up being way too complicated for the sake of adding a pacifist and genocide moveset. it would just end in a complete disaster.

Those are the characters I can think of on the top of my head that I actively dislike.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
hello guys today i have new theory

usher will be in smash

remember the picture of all the dlc posted by sakurai and daisy is in it it

rag5w1ar17341.jpg

why is daisy there

it is hint

daisy is making a peace sign

in 2018 usher made a song with zaytoven called peace sign

i posted the clean version since this is a family friendlyTM forum

dlc was being decided in 2018 so usher made this song as a sign that hed be in msash

so yeah guys usher is going to be in smash and peace sign theory (original theory please do not steal or criticize frick you kyle for making fun of my theories) confirms this

:^))))

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Is this Frogger meme exclusive to Smashboards or am I just dreaming?
Frogger isn't really a meme as much as he is a bit of a tongue-in-cheek pick. He's a classic arcade character and most people have played it but he's also...a frog. So he's a bit silly but not a character that would upset people because he has legacy.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman

usher will be in smash

View attachment 255600

why is daisy there

it is hint

dlc was being decided in 2018 so usher made this song as a sign that hed be in msash

so yeah guys usher is going to be in smash and peace sign theory (original theory please do not steal or criticize frick you kyle for making fun of my theories) confirms this

6/10 got a chuckle out of me.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

usher will be in smash

View attachment 255600

why is daisy there

it is hint

what does this mean for baboom?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Frogger isn't really a meme as much as he is a bit of a tongue-in-cheek pick. He's a classic arcade character and most people have played it but he's also...a frog. So he's a bit silly but not a character that would upset people because he has legacy.
actually i would be very made at frogger he is a FROg and i kept losing in the gameboy advance frogger game s his game is bad and i HATE him

6/10 got a chuckle out of me.
peace sign theory is a serious theory please do not laugh at it :(

D

Deleted member

usher will be in smash

View attachment 255600

why is daisy there

it is hint

Yeah he made it as a sign, some might say he made it as a peace sign.

D

Deleted member

usher will be in smash

View attachment 255600

why is daisy there

it is hint

0/10 needs Super Skrull.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This whole ass thread needs to get some ****ing sleep.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait Peace sign?
Pitbull starts with a P.
Pitbull? That King for a Day tournament Siivagunner held.
King for a Day?
Daft Punk.
DP? Dr. Pepper.
Dr. Pepper? Soda.
Soda? Pepsi.
Pepsi man.
Pepsi man is in.

He wins. Game over GGs.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Here's a fun little game: name five of your most wanted, along with who you think would be their boss fight in Classic Mode.
  1. Dante -> Ganon
  2. Officer Howard -> Galleom
  3. Captain Syrup -> Marx
  4. Monster Hunter -> Giga Bowser
  5. Phoenix Wright -> Dracula

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Here's a fun little game: name five of your most wanted, along with who you think would be their boss fight in Classic Mode.
  1. Dante -> Ganon
  3. Captain Syrup -> Marx
Heihachi -> Ganon
Dante -> Ganon
Soma Cruz -> Dracula
Morrigan -> Dracula or Marx
Neku -> Giga Bowser

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
  1. Dante -> Ganon
  3. Captain Syrup -> Marx
1. Bandana Dee -> Marx
2. Poochy -> Rathalos
3. Shake King -> Giga Bowser
4. Heavy -> Dracula or Ganon
5. Octane -> Galleom

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
  1. Dante -> Ganon
  3. Captain Syrup -> Marx
In no particular order, and trying to avoid doubling up on bosses...

Dante: Dracula (tough call between Ganon and Dracula, but I felt like Ganon was a better fit for Doomguy). Though if it's a Mega Man-like situation where the final boss is another playable character, Bayonetta could work.

Geno: Giga Bowser (for obvious reasons)

Doomguy: Ganon (between Dracula and Ganon, Ganon seems like the most demonic-looking, whereas Dracula starts out looking like a human). If Porky was a boss in this game, I might say him due to his mech's rough resemblance to the Spider Mastermind.

Rayman: Marx (he seems like the best fit for Rayman's aesthetic)

Elma: Rathalos (Rathalos seems like one of the absurdly high-level monsters that you find roaming around the Xenoblade overworlds, ready to one-shot your team if you step one toe out of line)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
  1. Dante -> Ganon
  3. Captain Syrup -> Marx
Edelgard -> Rathalos (Alternatively, the Hands...either work, thematically. Rathalos for...Crimson Flower Chapter 18, and Hands because Edge of Dawn)
Crash -> Marx (due to being another crazed character from a platformer)
Frogger -> Galleom (Vehicle)
Phoenix Wright -> Dracula (Cravat. He's basically Von Karma)
Lara Croft -> Giga Bowser (to reference T Rexes)

Eldrake

Smash Lord
  1. Dante -> Ganon
  3. Captain Syrup -> Marx
In no particular order.
Gordon Freeman vs Marx (Nihilanth stand-in)
Agumon vs Dracula
Dante vs Ganon
Kraid vs Giga Bowser (yeah I unironically want Kraid at the moment)
Mach Rider vs, I dunno, Crazy Hand.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
  1. Dante -> Ganon
  3. Captain Syrup -> Marx
1. Geno - Giant Metal R.O.B., or Galleom (For Smithy). Marx could work too, given Marx's tie to "Wishes"
2. Lyn - Rathalos or Giant Red Ridley (For FE7's Final Boss)
3. Rex & Pyra - Shulk (Dunban colors), followed by Master & Crazy hand (Malos and general symbolism of Adam)
4. Bandana Dee- Marx, Naturally
5. Tails - Galleom or a Giant Green Falco (Either a general Robot, or Tails' Adventure's Final Boss)

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
  1. Dante -> Ganon
  3. Captain Syrup -> Marx
1. Dante - Ganon (Mundus, bro)
2. Master Chief - Probably Marx (space alien boss), Galleom (machine weapon boss) or Giga Bowser (the closest we have to a Flood-like boss in design)
3. Kratos - Ganon or Dracula (both are gods in their own way, so in comes Kratos and does his job)
4. Doomguy - Giga Bowser or Ganon (both would fit the demon monster boss that Doomguy would typically fight)
5. Sol Badguy - Galleom (Gear, which Sol is)

SKX31

Smash Master
1. Lina (Dota 2) -> Blue Rosalina at Summit with Pitfalls on high (Rylai the Crystal Maiden - Lina's sister, and the two share an intense sibling rivalry / hatred)
2. Master Chief -> Galleom or Marx
3. Scorpion -> Dracula
4. Kat -> Marx
5. KOS-MOS -> Mirror match, with the enemy KOS-MOS being metal and has darkness effects (Telos)

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
  1. Dante -> Ganon
  3. Captain Syrup -> Marx
This is impossible without giving context as to WHAT, exactly, the Classic Mode is about. That allows the bosses to fit the flow naturally.
  1. Arle Nadja -> Wouldn't have one. The theme of her matches would be puzzle games, the penultimate opponent her Doppel alt/color, and the final opponents Kirby, King Dedede and Meta Knight at Fountain of Dreams. Plays Butter Building. (Popping Puzzle Fun!)
    1. For reference, Jigglypuff, Bayonetta and Terry Bogard don't have a normal boss fight.
    2. If she HAD to have one, Dracula, representing Satan, and he swaps with Kirby.
  2. Paper Mario -> Master Hand/Crazy Hand, Classic Mode recreates TTYD in order (represents the Shadow Queen's hands. Perhaps Black Princess Peach followed by the hands). Would play the Shadow Queen's boss theme. (The Thousand-Year Smash)
  3. Crash Bandicoot -> Crazy Hand w/ Master Hand over 7.0, has a theme of spinning (Bowser, Donkey Kong, Mario, Incineroar, Link, Sonic -> Crazy Hand). Plays the usual Master Hand theme. (Spin to Win!)
  4. Frisk -> Marx, Classic Mode recreates the Neutral Route of Undertale (plays Your Best Nightmare) [Escaping From the Underground]
  5. Lloyd Irving -> Galeem, basically the closest thing you can really get to what he fights against. Maybe Ganon if we go with a dual wielding thing, maybe just Master Hand. Plays Final Destination (the Symphonia one). Coming up with a Lloyd Irving classic route to begin with is hard.
As a side note, I'm still really ****ing disappointed that Banjo's Classic Route is basically Ice Climbers 2 instead of being themed around the Nintendo 64. Late since it's been 5 months but still, that's the ultimate missed opportunity of the Classic Modes. Heck, Master Hand would still fit for that, let alone Ganon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom