• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
What kind of name is cacomallow? Also

So Vergeben was also the leaker, that called Simon before he was out right? I heard something about that awhile ago. If he is, then That’s a pretty interesting claim.
Actually, it was Stealth that called it before Vergeben.

There have still been some claims of his own that he got right though. But given his recent behavior, I really am not sure if he or his source knows FP5 at all.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I do think the reason myself included thought we were getting FP5 revealed at the VGA this year was due to:ultjoker:last year but it now makes sense why FP5 wasn't revealed as Joker wasn't originally planned to be being last minute.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
If they wanted to appease Rex fans so badly, why not just ****ing add Rex?
Because it’s a third party only rule by Nintendo, pushing for more collaborations with other companies. They just allow Sakurai to select the fighters from their list, which are intended to be from franchises that have never touched Smash before.

The Rex mii marketing choices are most likely considered after the finalized dlc choices in November. Meaning, Sakurai’s dlc choices affect how Nintendo approaches the dlc marketing.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What kind of name is cacomallow? Also

So Vergeben was also the leaker, that called Simon before he was out right? I heard something about that awhile ago. If he is, then That’s a pretty interesting claim.
It's a portmanteau.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portmanteau

It's easier to say than "the alleged leak that involved Mallow and Cacodemon Mii hats".

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
The more I think about it, the more i feel confident in predicting that we'll get a Smash focused Direct in January which will act both as a "Sakurai present" for the fifth character of the FP (so then shadowdrop him after the Direct) and as a way to explain how they'll handle post pass-DLC, and maybe they'll even announce the first character of this new "wave"

And maybe I'm too optimistic, but i still feel confident in us getting at least 4-5 more characters. I just don't think Sakurai would have made that big speach on how this is probably the last so many of this characters will be together in one game and how they wanno do more "collaboration" without even a hint that fans should keep their expectation in check. I realize that they're all vague statement and that there's that recent tweet from Sakurai in which he said that he'll go on for just a little longer or whatever, but I think I can handle being proven wrong if at the end we'll only get 3 more fighters without stages and such.

I also don't think that comparing Smash with other Nintendo games is a good indicative for predicting its DLC plans. A lot of those didn't get more support because the team had to move on other projects and couldn't really waste more resources on additional content for old games (ex: Splatoon 2 support had to end because the team needed to start working on Animal Crossing New Horizons). Since we don't if Sora/Sakurai are working on other projects, if they manage to keep the team together I'm sure they keep going for at least another year.

Basically, the duration of Ultimate's DLCs will depend entirely if Sakurai wants to really commit to what he said in the September presentation or he if thinks he did enough already for Ultimate.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
He was considered for Base game but Ultimate's developing started before Xenoblade 2 happened.

Which is why we ended up with a Mii costume instead.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was in development for a year or two before the initial project plans for Ultimate were proposed, and the DLC lineup was finalized sometime in 2018, IIRC.

Rex could've definitively made it in as a playable fighter if that's what the Big N wanted for DLC.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was in development for a year or two before the initial project plans for Ultimate were proposed, and the DLC lineup was finalized sometime in 2018, IIRC.

Rex could've definitively made it in as a playable fighter if that's what the Big N wanted for DLC.
I oughta stop believing SSB Wiki...-_-

I.D.

Smash Lord
And the company name “Nintendo” completely contradicts every other strike done by them, which says “Nintendo of America Inc”
Untrue
https://twitter.com/_styleszx2/status/957777937331257346
Everyone also keeps saying that it is very easy to impersonate a company on youtube and take videos down through falseflag strikes but is it really that easy? I may or may have not tried to do the same thing with no success. Can someone with more expertise in this area explain how it's done?

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I oughta stop believing SSB Wiki...-_-
What? You believed in the wiki? Why? The direct for the fighters pass explained why Rex wasn’t in the game.
Untrue
Everyone also keeps saying that it is very easy to impersonate a company on youtube and take videos down through falseflag strikes but is it really that easy? I may or may have not tried to do the same thing with no success. Can someone with more expertise in this area explain how it's done?
As someone who uses YouTube, this issue isn’t really that common anymore, especially when YouTube is pro-corporate. Real employees will definitely check the account under a day.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Aren’t those fake? I saw the video and it’s weird since I heard modding for ultimate exists. Besides, wouldn’t you leak the character instead?
It's a long story; basically, modders for Ultimate were adamant at the time that making brand-new Mii hats and keeping them at the same quality as the official in-game Mii hats was, if not impossible, extremely difficult. (apparently, if the files were bigger than the Mii hat that the mod was replacing, it would cause the game to crash, and nobody had figured out how to compress the file size for Mii hat mods while keeping the quality the same, or something like that - I don't know much about the modding scene)

Besides, images like this were leaked before Ken's official reveal - if leakers were going to leak any character, why would they leak Ken (a character who most people guessed once the concept of Echo Fighters were revealed) over someone who's unique? The videos also shared some details in common with this Ken leak (such as having the timer stuck at 2:30:00), though I'm not sure if that's something that is possible through modding.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Untrue
staindgrey staindgrey wanna educate these people on how Operation Meteor got removed entirely by false claims proving how easy it is?

D

Deleted member

It's a long story; basically, modders for Ultimate were adamant at the time that making brand-new Mii hats and keeping them at the same quality as the official in-game Mii hats was, if not impossible, extremely difficult. (apparently, if the files were bigger than the Mii hat that the mod was replacing, it would cause the game to crash, and nobody had figured out how to compress the file size for Mii hat mods while keeping the quality the same, or something like that - I don't know much about the modding scene)

Besides, images like this were leaked before Ken's official reveal - if leakers were going to leak any character, why would they leak Ken (a character who most people guessed once the concept of Echo Fighters were revealed) over someone who's unique? The videos also shared some details in common with this Ken leak (such as having the timer stuck at 2:30:00), though I'm not sure if that's something that is possible through modding.
Seems to me it’s just an imitation to fool people that certain characters are coming to smash. Maybe someone knows how to do it and is just fooling around. After the Rayman “leak” in Smash 4 I’m convinced people can do crazy things just for some lulz.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
2015 my dude

they were doing something similar like this back in July but with the announcement of what would be the Robin and Lucina announcement

in 2014

when in doubt note the year

also today’s Sunday, when have they ever done a presentation on sunday

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anyway I made a Frogger moveset.
Jab: Frogger swings his briefcase back and forth for a two strike move.
Dash Attack: Frogger leaps forward in a charging tackle.

Forward Tilt - Frogger flicks his tongue forward, about the length and speed of Simon's forward tilt.
Up Tilt - Frogger hops upwards and spins.
Down Tilt - Frogger kicks one of his legs forward, similar to Greninja's down tilt.

Neutral Aerial - Frogger extends his limbs and spins, like Duck Hunt. Getting hit with the hand holding the briefcase causes much more damage.
Forward Aerial - Frogger slams his briefcase down from over head with both hands.
Back Aerial - A series of quick kicks, similar to Greninja's.
Up Aerial - A frog appears above Frogger and he sticks his tongue upward to catch it. The entire tongue acts as a hit box, but if the opponent overlaps the fly when they're hit, the move becomes much more powerful.
Down Aerial - Frogger clings to his suitcase as he and it plummet. A powerful attack that drags Frogger downward, suitcase first.

Forward Smash - Frogger swings his suitcase, dragging him forward a bit to where it would hit the opponent. Done similarly to Terry's forward smash.
Up Smash - Frogger charges up and launches his tongue at the ground, sending his body flying skyward into the foe.
Down Smash - Frogger charges up as swamp water appears around his feet. Upon release, pixelated turtles appear on both sides of him and splash the foes with water.

Pummel: Frogger grabs with his tongue, constricting the opponent with each pummel.
Forward Throw: Frogger uses his tongue to lob the foe forward.
Back Throw: Frogger dives backward into a pool of water that appears. He quickly emerges as the foe is sent flying.
Up Throw: Frogger tosses his head up, releasing the foe as he quickly jumps and headbutts them upward.
Down Throw: Frogger leaps up on the foe and stomps on them.

Neutral Special: Frog Dodge - The key to Frogger's playstyle. Normally, Frogger moves pretty slowly, with his hops being slightly faster than Ganondorf. However, when he presses B, Frogger leaps to the side, similar to a sidestep in functionality. If Frogger avoids an attack this way, he gains a speed and mobility boost. This stacks in three levels. At the third level, he moves at Fox's speed and has virtually no starting lag on his moves. However, should he whiff the Frog Dodge, he will be wide open for attack and lose any built up mobility bonuses.

Side Special: Tongue Whip - A command grab. Frogger latches his tongue onto an opponent. While held, the player can flick their stick in any direction to have Frogger toss foes that way. The flick speed and hold duration affect how far and how fast the opponent will be tossed.

Up Special: Alligator Snap - A hungry alligator appears beneath Frogger and opens its jaw, springing Frogger upward. It then slams its jaws shut, giving severe knockback to foes caught in its mouth.

Down Special: Serpent Summon - Frogger leaps back as a snake appears in front of him. If the opponent is right in front of the snake, the snake will latch onto them, holding them in place for a short while and allowing Frogger to strike. This move has a short range similar to Mewtwo's Disable.

Final Smash: Rush Hour - Frogger and the opponent(s) in range are brought to the infamous highway. While Frogger ducks into his riverbed home, the foes are repeatedly run over by traffic.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
2015 my dude

they were doing something similar like this back in July but with the announcement of what would be the Robin and Lucina announcement

in 2014

when in doubt note the year

also today’s Sunday, when have they ever done a presentation on sunday
Yeah I realized that. Got too excited at the moment to notice the actual date and thought 12/15 meant today...Embarrass

D

Deleted member

Why are people expecting a December direct? If there was one it’d be announced by now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Why are people expecting a December direct? If there was one it’d be announced by now.
Because we're desperate.

I'd be out today too like playing or walking my dogs but its too cold outside -30 weather where I am. Its also Sunday and not used to the bus schedule on that day.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Ah man, I can't wait! I bet they'll announce the winners of the Smash ballot! Personally I'm gonna bet that it K Rool won - I mean, I would have liked, say, for Bayonetta to get in, but I just can't see her getting in. I mean, considering how her game is rated M, and she's just a lot more suggestive than Snake was. Who knows, maybe they'll even give us a surprise promotional pick for a more current game? I'd love to see Inkling or Elma! Just as long as it isn't any more Fire Emblem. Roy was already too much.

I mean, technically they could still announce one next week. The chances are slim, considering that the "New!" tag is still up on the Fighter tab on the Smash page, but it's there.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think i've had enough 12/15/15 Smash Directs for a lifetime thank you very much. :)

And as an aside, it's really hard to believe it's been 4 years since that day. I'm getting old as **** ****!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Don’t regular directs usually follow a Nindies direct? We might see one esp since, correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t Tokyo Mirage Sessions Encore come out NEXT MONTH?

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Because we're desperate.
I’m not that desperate for information. The information we have is worth exploring. We can confront Nintendo employees about some possible fake claims, investigate Verge’s ban list to deconfirm fighters and set up a list of potential fighters, or Jon’s history with leaks (because a real and reliable leaker confirms Halo content for the switch).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean, technically they could still announce one next week. The chances are slim, considering that the "New!" tag is still up on the Fighter tab on the Smash page, but it's there.
I thought for there to be something coming the "New" has to disappear?

Also not sure if its something but on the DLC for Challenger Pack 5 there's no "Coming Soon".
Don’t regular directs usually follow a Nindies direct? We might see one esp since, correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t Tokyo Mirage Sessions Encore come out NEXT MONTH?
Give this until Tuesday or Wednesday. If we hear nothing then we're probably waiting until January.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
No one thinks it's a sure thing but there might be a small chance for a Smash-focused Direct this week. Given the lack of anything at the VGA's and post-pass needing to be disclosed.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
They usually have something at the end of one year or the start of the next, to establish their line-up of games between then and E3. As of now, we know very little about what's coming out on the Switch in the future, especially from Nintendo themselves. (I think the only big Nintendo releases that have been announced are Metroid Prime 4 and the Breath of the Wild sequel/prequel, and we know nothing about those aside from the fact that they're in development)

D

Deleted member

I’m not that desperate for information. The information we have is worth exploring. We can confront Nintendo employees about some possible fake claims, investigate Verge’s ban list to deconfirm fighters and set up a list of potential fighters, or Jon’s history with leaks (because a real and reliable leaker confirms Halo content for the switch).
How are you going to confront Nintendo and talk to them about fake leaks? I’m pretty sure they’ll just ignore you.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
No one thinks it's a sure thing but there might be a small chance for a Smash-focused Direct this week. Given the lack of anything at the VGA's and post-pass needing to be disclosed.
Then once FP5 is finally announced with the Pass finally being complete I can finally rest and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe.

Last edited:

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
I've pretty much given up on KOS-MOS, tbh.

She's still one of my most wanted characters and one I feel is the most likely choice for a new Xeno rep after Rex, but I feel like her chances are near non-existent with those text "leaks" being debunked and the steep competition she faces from other third parties.
While it's perfectly fine to temper your expectations for a character you're personally banking on, I wouldn't count them out entirely, especially if it's KOS-MOS. Sure, it can be argued that she has other characters in her circle to compete with, but keep in mind that this is the game where Microsoft's underdog of underdogs got in over Steve, the posterboy for the bestselling game of the all time and arguably the most influential game of the last decade. If the bird and bear can get in against those odds, the sky's the limit for who's plausible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They usually have something at the end of one year or the start of the next, to establish their line-up of games between then and E3. As of now, we know very little about what's coming out on the Switch in the future, especially from Nintendo themselves. (I think the only big Nintendo releases that have been announced are Metroid Prime 4 and the Breath of the Wild sequel/prequel, and we know nothing about those aside from the fact that they're in development)
I’m guessing a February or January direct?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I checked and yes, TMS Encore comes out Jan 17, 2020

they’re prob gonna do one more look at it, give info on Xenoblade Definitive Edition and Animal Crossing New Horizons, probably announce a new game or two and then cap it with a Smash announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom