• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Literally nobody is taking the 4chan leak as fact. We are just waiting until Thursday to see if it dies. I know some of you hate KOS-MOS but it's starting to get ridiculous now. If it were any other character in this leak like doomguy/geno we wouldn't be seeing this negative reception.
You seriously need to stop taking any form of skepticism and opposition as "lol you're just a hater!!!!!" Come on now. If it were any other character being treated like a lock I would **** on them too.

I don’t actually care either way lol it’s just an observation on my part.

No need to take pot shots here.
You're right, sorry for coming off as hostile.

Master Chief is just Ken with a hat smh
Master Chief is just Ken with power armor. Wait, power armor...

Oh no...we might be onto something here....

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
One thing makes me happy in the midst of all this speculative mess: fighter #5 is not leaking.
someone said earlier that MAYBE no one is leaking because no one wants to spoil something huge like Master Chief....

thats an exciting thought

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I may be overthinking this (i deff am) but maybe the KH3 trailer was supposed to be at the VGAs, but when it got leaked it got moved to State of Play? i have no idea
Geoff Keighley literally said that it wasn't meant to be on TGA.

Plus, why would they change the venue of a trailer just because it leaked? You're now introducing more companies into the mix, thus risking more leaks because more people are involved, and you miss out on a reveal that you might have even paid for.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
You seriously need to stop taking any form of skepticism and opposition as "lol you're just a hater!!!!!" Come on now. If it were any other character being treated like a lock I would **** on them too.
Your post is embarassing because nobody thinks she is a hard lock. Hell, we want it to happen but we are very aware it might not. So yeah show me where anyone said she is a lock including myself. I'll wait.

D

Deleted member

I may be overthinking this (i deff am) but maybe the KH3 trailer was supposed to be at the VGAs, but when it got leaked it got moved to State of Play? i have no idea
These things are planned out in advance. I don't think Square saw the trailer leak and went "lol whoops time to put this somewhere else"

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I can’t talk about Halo’s gameplay because I haven’t played the series (R.I.P. non-Xbox users).

But based on music and E3 trailers of the franchise alone (which is what I have seen), I Chief would be a really cool-looking character with an awesome music selection.
If you've got a PC check it out on steam the Collection is worth it even with all of its issues we could use more Spartans or Elites if you prefer aliens

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Street Fighter is great, but I prefer Guilty Gear's combo-heavy mechanics and twitchy gameplay or Tekken's focus on face buttons over control stick inputs due to my physical limitations. By the same token, KOF rewards extreme command inputs and quick thinking with responsive, varied combat (and a hefty story mode to boot).
Real talk: Ryu is obviously more iconic as far as Smash is concerned, but if it came down to personal preference, I'd rather play GG, MvC or Blazblue over SF any day. :joyful:

It's hard to think about "reps for whole genres" unless it's something completely outside the box. Regardless, though I'm not big on FPS games, I have no doubts Chief, Doom Slayer and Gordon would all feel completely different and bring different interpretations of what makes a shooter game good.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You're right, sorry for coming off as hostile.
Thank you and I accept your apology.

I just think in terms of speculation it’s better to try and look at things from a realistic viewpoint rather than going all-in with saying “MY CHARACTER IS TOTALLY GETTING IN I FEEL IT”, it’s hard and I understand that because it concerns things we really want, hell I have my own characters I want to see but I try to look at things logistically so I don’t set myself up for disappointment, I wouldn’t want others to fall into the same trap of putting their expectations too high and have it amount to nothing so I just kinda want to voice that.

Anyways just remember, not everything relates to Smash, that’s all.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So it seems Halo on Switch is a possibility or Master Chief is coming to Smash? Can't say I'm really interested for the former, I've only played Halo once and wasn't into it.

Wouldn't complain at all about Master Chief in Smash but again not my guy.

D

Deleted member

So it seems Halo on Switch is a possibility or Master Chief is coming to Smash? Can't say I'm really interested for the former, I've only played Halo once and wasn't into it.

Wouldn't complain at all about Master Chief in Smash but again not my guy.
Seems like you are excited for the new Square Enix/Platinum title based on your pfp!

I’m honestly really interested about it too.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Didn't King Zell say Pokemon Sword/Shield would be as big as Breath of the Wild? I remember reading a post over on era about it. I'm a member there after all.

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
nobody knows but since the leak got the release date right it is possible plans changed. State of play is not a big event as TGA so it's hard to say. The thing that will absolutely destroy this leak is if clock tower remaster or smt v doesn't show up at TGA.
I don't think plans change that easily. It's more likely the date was guessed, especially since it only mentions the month while the trailer says the exact date.

A 4chan leak having things incorrect is more telling of its validity than it possibly getting something correct, so I'd consider it deconfirmed. That doesn't deconfirm KOS-MOS entirely, though.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
One thing makes me happy in the midst of all this speculative mess: fighter #5 is not leaking.
Of course, that could also mean that we aren't getting a character reveal at the VGA. After all, leakers seem to have an easier time figuring out who it is closer to the actual announcement.

Smash Journeyman
Your post is embarassing because nobody thinks she is a hard lock. Hell, we want it to happen but we are very aware it might not. So yeah show me where anyone said she is a lock including myself. I'll wait.
I'm not going around constantly finding minor things to shoot down other people's wants, while also desperately clinging onto leaks because my most wanted character is on there. That sounds pretty embarrassing to me.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Of course, that could also mean that we aren't getting a character reveal at the VGA. After all, leakers seem to have an easier time figuring out who it is closer to the actual announcement.
Speaking of... VR Plant. He always leaks things a day before the event. Think he’ll speak up tomorrow?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
We haven't heard anything from Vr Plant have we? That makes me doubt a smash reveal at the Game Awards well since it's 2 days away.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Seems like you are excited for the new Square Enix/Platinum title based on your pfp!

I’m honestly really interested about it too.
Oh that, it's actually a pic I took in Shadow of the Colossus. Video game and real life photography has always been one of my main interests.

As for Babylon's Fall? I'm getting a Sekiro meets Pandora's Tower meets Nier Automata vibe. I love Platinum games, Nier Automata is one of my favourites games of all time.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I'm not going around constantly finding minor things to shoot down other people's wants, while also desperately clinging onto leaks because my most wanted character is on there. That sounds pretty embarrassing to me.
And when did I do that? You still haven't linked me to any post that supposedly KOS-MOS fans are saying she's a hard lock in this thread. Stop it

D

Deleted member

Oh that, it's actually a pic I took in Shadow of the Colossus. Video game and real life photography has always been one of my main interests.

As for Babylon's Fall? I'm getting a Sekiro meets Pandora's Tower meets Nier Automata vibe. I love Platinum games, Nier Automata is one of my favourites games of all time.
Oh, I love real life photography too!

Many people at my family say that I am really good at taking pictures with many kinds of cameras, with one of my cousines even calling me once “the Peter Parker of the family”.

And yeah, someone told me earlier your pfp is actually from SotC. I should have paid better attention XD.

D

Deleted member

Man Master Chief would be cool. Halo 3 was my second FPS after Jet Force Gemini, and I liked Halo more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smash Journeyman
And when did I do that? You still haven't linked me to any post that supposedly KOS-MOS fans are saying she's a hard lock in this thread. Stop it
You're parading around banking on the Game Awards 4chan leak being real, as well as Vergeben's source not being sure/getting clarification on KOS-MOS. I'm not arguing with you anymore, talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. I thought you'd learn to chill out with being overbearing after you got blasted over that Nightmare debacle.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we should write off a Smash reveal at The Game Awards just because VR Plant hasn't said anything.
Other than the obvious fact that Joker didn't leak last year, I think VR Plant is an insider that has intel on Nintendo alone, it's understandable that it wouldn't know about a multiplatform event like TGA.
(I mean, if he DID leak something that wasn't an announcement for Nintendo in the past, please correct me)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You guys think Dragonborn could be 5?

cacomallow leak haven’t been shot down yet

Jassassino

Smash Apprentice
It's so hard to be excited for Skatebird coming to Switch when I've been a lifelong Tony Hawk Pro Skater fan. I want a fantastic, fast-paced, combo system in a skating game or for it to be polished fantastically with solid animations. For an indie game it's a nice try in Skatbird, but that's just it really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom