• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
QUESTION regarding the KOS-MOS "leak":

they claim the KH3 Re: Mind trailer would be at the VGAs, but it was aired today during State of Play. Was it only aired today because the trailer actually leaked?

Or does this deconfirm this KOS-MOS leak?
Should it also not be possible, that they would reshow the trailer of Re:Mind at the VGA's?

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Some of us would be greatly disappointed if our character doesnt make it in only for another Microsoft character gets in. Not everyone but most people will be thinking that Microsoft is getting too much and that Sakurei have made a poor choice.
Sakurai didnt chose the Fighters Pass to appease online message boards.

KillerCage

Smash Master
If Chief gets in then Doomguy's chances are dead.
Doom Slayer's chances may fall if Master Chief gets in, but it doesn't kill his potential inclusion.
Their movesets would vary based their weapons; Master Chief could use Covenant and Forerunner weapons while Doom Slayer could use UAC weapons.
Their choice of music would be completely different:

Plus Doom Slayer could use his "Doomguy" to distinguish himself from Master Chief.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
This "Master Chief in Smash" thing is the biggest case of confirmation bias I think I've seen since the Grinch leak.

**** it might not even be about Smash, hold your chips back people.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I guarantee you most people would be more than fine with Chief. The list of names that would cause that much noise if they were to get into Smash is very small, and one of them (:ultcloud:) is already in the game.
The only other big one that would cause as much noise as Chief would be Kratos.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
This "Master Chief in Smash" thing is the biggest case of confirmation bias I think I've seen since the Grinch leak.

No one is saying anythings confirmed. Zell never even addressed anything relating to Smash. We're just speculating (hence the name of the mesageboard)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
No one is saying anythings confirmed. Zell never even addressed anything relating to Smash. We're just speculating (hence the name of the mesageboard)
I've literally seen posts on the past few pages saying things that basically equal "HE'S IN OH MY GOD" but alright

Smash Journeyman

How is it any different from the KOS-MOS fans taking 4chan leaks as facts for her being a lock? It's just people speculating dude.

D

Deleted member

Making people actually complain about getting Banjo and Master Chief in the same Smash game?

The mad lad did it again.
Didn’t work with me.

I would be really cool with both in since Master Chief has dope music.

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
Okay then. I would also be shocked and joyful if MC got in I just think that now would be a bad time. He could make it in the next pass but right now wouldn't be the time for it. Sakurei is there for the fans but he is also a business man and so he would put someone that would be fun and would make sense.

This is just my opinion on the matter and that is what I want to say.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I can't wait for someone that only comes out once every thousand years and are never wrong to say something like

"I don't think anyone would object to who they picked for the 5th fighter"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, I just wanted to share my thoughts on Master Chief in case someone really wanted to know.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Master Chief Collection on Switch would be one of the most insane announcements of all time... Only Master Chief in Smash would be comparable. that would be right up there with one of the most hype possible announcements they could ever make. This is exciting.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I don't see it happening but holy crap if the MC collection came to Switch it'd be a day one purchase for me.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
How is it any different from the KOS-MOS fans taking 4chan leaks as facts for her being a lock? It's just people speculating dude.
Not really what I've witnessed but to each their own.
Yeah, I just wanted to share my thoughts on Master Chief in case someone really wanted to know.
Yeah you're fine lol, it's not like you're strawmanning or anything.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't see Master Chief and Doomguy as direct competitors. That's be like saying that Cloud and Hero are basically the same as they're both JRPG characters.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
This does make me remember the old "Something big is happening, comparable to seeing Mario on Playstation" rumor.

Well.. "Halo on Nintendo" is definitely big. Day one purchase for sure if it comes to pass.

D

Deleted member

I don't see Master Chief and Doomguy as direct competitors. That's be like saying that Cloud and Hero are basically the same as they're both JRPG characters.
I mean
They're both space marines in green armor that come from FPS games. The comparison is a bit more apt than most.

Last edited by a moderator:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I could think of s few others. I bet Sora and Crash would too at the very least
Yes, indeed they would cause a lot of noise. But those are actually quite popular requests for Smash. Kratos would literally be a surprise to everyone due to him being pure Sony and not being nearly as popular in Smash requests then Sora or Crash.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Wait, now Chief is a frontrunner again?

I can't keep up with this stuff anymore, haha

I'd flip out though, it'd be sick as hell.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

No it’s nothing like that they just saw this

https://mobile.twitter.com/PhantomArtifice/status/1204429126641299456

This is infact a real post and king zell is one of those “to get anything wrong” he has zero incorrect things said

This can go either way it’s halo coming to switch/Nintendo or master chief as FP5 if he’s not FP5 and halo is infact coming to switch his chances will skyrocket and both could happen at vga

Smash Journeyman
Not really what I've witnessed but to each their own.
I dont think seeing 5 or 6 people taking it as a confirmation is enough to make a post about it telling people to temper their expectations when in reality majority of the posts are just talking about it being the collection being ported.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
No it’s nothing like that they just saw this

https://mobile.twitter.com/PhantomArtifice/status/1204429126641299456

This is infact a real post and king zell is one of those “to get anything wrong” he has zero incorrect things said

This can go either way it’s halo coming to switch/Nintendo or master chief as FP5 if he’s not FP5 and halo is infact coming to switch his chances will skyrocket and both could happen at vga
I'm ngl this is peak strawmanning.

If anything this kinda proves not everything is about Smash lmao.

D

Deleted member

I dont think seeing 5 or 6 people taking it as a confirmation is enough to make a post about it telling people to temper their expectations when in reality majority of the posts are just talking about it being the collection being ported.
Maybe NintenZ is referring to what they see on Twitter,

They tend to frequent Twitter.

P.Kat

Smash Champion

Wait what's this about Chief in Smash what news made him more likely making him more likely?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Maybe NintenZ is referring to what they see on Twitter,

They tend to frequent Twitter.
Yeah I'm referring to in general.

I notice FPS fans in general are prone to confirmation bias involving Smash. (Most notably Gordon and Doomguy)

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
QUESTION regarding the KOS-MOS "leak":

they claim the KH3 Re: Mind trailer would be at the VGAs, but it was aired today during State of Play. Was it only aired today because the trailer actually leaked?

Or does this deconfirm this KOS-MOS leak?
IMO, yes. It does seem like that battleship has kinda been sunk. The impressive thing wasn't predicting Re:Mind itself (we knew about that since September), but was predicting the delay to January 2020 and a Game Awards Reveal, as these details seemed to be correct.

However, given that the Re:Mind trailer was unveiled at State of the Play and the January launch date only applies to the Playstation release (hinting it was more of a lucky guess than legitimate knowledge), I don't see why we should give this leak anymore attention than a standard 4chan greentext.

It kind of reminds me of the way people were tripping over themselves to analyze the Gardevoir leak because it predicted Richter, when it failed to predict anything else that happened in the August Smash Direct. Smash leaks on 4chan are basically the product of a bunch of monkeys with typewriters: there's so many being produced with such minor differences that it is almost guaranteed they'd get something right based on pure probability.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wait, now Chief is a frontrunner again?

I can't keep up with this stuff anymore, haha

I'd flip out though, it'd be sick as hell.
No, he's not a front runner.
He's merely possible given the rumors of Halo coming to Switch.
It's the same thing that happened with Tracer.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The FPS genre is pretty homogeneous compared to RPGs and Platformers, so it'd be pretty redundant to have Master Chief and Doomguy in, as the 3rd party JRPG character's games all play widely differently.

D

Deleted member

IMO, yes. It does seem like that battleship has kinda been sunk. The impressive thing wasn't predicting Re:Mind itself (we knew about that since September), but was predicting the delay to January 2020 and a Game Awards Reveal, as these details seemed to be correct.

However, given that the Re:Mind trailer was unveiled at State of the Play and the January launch date only applies to the Playstation release (hinting it was more of a lucky guess than legitimate knowledge), I don't see why we should give this leak anymore attention than a standard 4chan greentext.

It kind of reminds me of the way people were tripping over themselves to analyze the Gardevoir leak because it predicted Richter, when it failed to predict anything else that happened in the August Smash Direct. Smash leaks on 4chan are basically the product of a bunch of monkeys with typewriters: there's so many being produced with such minor differences that it is almost guaranteed they'd get something right based on pure probability.
Square is pretty notorious for delays, so even guessing that wasn't too hard a thing to accomplish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom