• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnknownTemptation

Smash Rookie
I guess it’s been a bit difficult to post on here because I’m trying to do it from my phone and not my computer. It may work easier that way but I appreciate the help on this. I will say however the picture I drew (I’m only amateurish at best) I’m not a super professional or anything like that. I just enjoy drawing when I can but the 3 characters I drew on the picture were all indie characters.

1. Madeline (Celeste)
2. Frisk (Undertale)
3. Madotsuki (Yume Nikki)

The three of them together in color.
Idk how likely they would ever be but I guess it’s something I’d dream of I guess lol
They’re just my personal top 3 favorite indie games I’ve played probably ever and wanted to illustrate that because I couldn’t find anything with the 3 of them together online for fan art and I know this is just a speculation thread and not meant to really be a fan art thread that I can use but Yeah, they are pretty much my most wanted like EVER in Smash but would also not complain if Papagenos “wild prediction” of the final 6 characters from now came true. I’d probably still be just as happy tbh!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Out of curiosity, which threads would be affected? I'm guessing here and the Social Thread, maybe the Rate The Chances thread (although they got sniped by Joker).
Probably just this one, assuming specific support threads are able stay on-topic.

Since the Social Thread is no longer in the Ultimate General, there is no need to touch it. Rate Their Chances shouldn't be having off-topic discussions anyway.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I know it has nothing to do with a Smash reveal, but since there’s a Indie showcase tomorrow, who are some Indie characters that you would personally love to have any representation in Smash no matter how unlikely?

One of mine would be Wilson from Don't Starve, one my favorite games.
Umihara Kawase, 200%. The series is super great and despite the main character being an anime girl with generous gazongos, the actual games themselves are purely skill-based. If you can't execute different ways to use the central mechanic, you can't progress. Since it debuted on the Super Famicom and has had decently consistent releases (SNES, PS1, DS/PSP, 3DS, PC, Switch) I think it has enough legacy to get in with at least a Spirit.

edit: Here are two TAS's to pique your interest.
SNES and PS1

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Madotsuki from Yume Nikki, Iji, Chtulhu, The Kid from Bastion, Dandara, Juan, Satura from Runbow, Gris, Kaho from Momodora, Trace from Axiom Verge, Miriam, Madeline, Razmi, a Stardew Valley character, the Praey for the Gods protagonist, and The Messenger

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Not gonna lie, I'm pulling partially pulling for Crash or Ryu Hayabusa because it would be funny if the last 3 weeks were all completely pointless

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Umihara Kawase, 200%. The series is super great and despite the main character being an anime girl with generous gazongos, the actual games themselves are purely skill-based. If you can't execute different ways to use the central mechanic, you can't progress. Since it debuted on the Super Famicom and has had decently consistent releases (SNES, PS1, DS/PSP, 3DS, PC, Switch) I think it has enough legacy to get in with at least a Spirit.
She's been in a fighting game already, so in hindsight it wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

Not gonna lie, I'm pulling partially pulling for Crash or Ryu Hayabusa because it would be funny if the last 3 weeks were all completely pointless
Pretty much.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
So since I'm completely blank on who FP5 is, what update would you prefer them to come with?

A: A toggle for the mechanic colloquially known as "rage", with the official term being something like "High-Damage Boost".

B: An Assist Trophy pack for each of the characters of the Fighter's Pass. Goro Akechi, Dragonlord, Gruntilda Winkybunion, Kyo Kusanagi, and a character that relates to FP5.

D

Deleted member

So since I'm completely blank on who FP5 is, what update would you prefer them to come with?

A: A toggle for the mechanic colloquially known as "rage", with the official term being something like "High-Damage Boost".

B: An Assist Trophy pack for each of the characters of the Fighter's Pass. Goro Akechi, Dragonlord, Gruntilda Winkybunion, Kyo Kusanagi, and a character that relates to FP5.
I'm casual so give me that added fanservice. Dragonlord in Smash would be hype as Hell

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

I'd like to see some of the Gen 8 Pokemon get added into Pokeballs. Falinks especially

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Has this been mentioned yet? Apparently MLB The Show could be going to Switch and XBox, the game being a long-running Sony exclusive.
Doesn't mean much for FP5 IMO, and as mentioned in the video, it's probably just MLB wanting to change their contract, but it's interesting to think about.

Calane

Smash Ace
I know it has nothing to do with a Smash reveal, but since there’s a Indie showcase tomorrow, who are some Indie characters that you would personally love to have any representation in Smash no matter how unlikely?

One of mine would be Wilson from Don't Starve, one my favorite games.
The Wonder Boy/Monster World/Monster Boy series isn't really indie, so I don't know if this counts...

But I gotta go with Jin from Monster Boy anyway!
845x480_Whats_New_MonsterBoy.jpg

I already loved the Wonder Boy series, but this game was something else.

I would also love to hear that cheesy theme song in Smash somehow, lol.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

Make the online better. It's still unintuitive and somehow still worse than Smash 4's which was a massive step up from Brawls (which is sad but still the truth).

Last edited:

Tony Scott

Smash Rookie

Rage Toggle. Idc about assist trophies or new pokeballs, rage is a silly mechanic that should have never been introduced.

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
I'd kill for the online infrastructure to get better. One thing I wanna propose is the simplest one ever: when I say I want to fight with my designated rules, I want the game to follow it.

AKA: If I want to play 1v1s with no items on Final Destination like the faux-competitive scrub I am, then keep it that way. Don't throw me into FFAs, don't make me fight anyone with items or even the FS meter on, and most importantly -- if I say I want to fight on Final Destination and not Battlefield, then don't make me fight on Battlefield. If I want those options to mess around with, I'll toggle them, Nintendo. Until then, STFU and let me fight however I want to. Don't be cheeky and throw me onto another stage variation on every other match I play.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Honestly, Bamco is really bad with Netcode. Nintendo is really bad with Netcode.

The fact that Ultimate runs like it does, as poorly as it is in comparison to other games, is pretty good.

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, gotta jump on the online train. The online sucks, there is just no better way to put it. From the netcode, the bad networking (no choice what opponents you get), the poor matchmaking and the unintuitive ranking system, its just a catastrophe though and through. If it was 2006, I would understand it but not in this day and age, where others already succeded..

If I had one priority to rework, it would be the online functionality. I would even prefer it to additional characters and the likes. It's literally the thing putting me of the most in Smash.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Expect for the Nintendo Direct treatment with a Game Awards thread to be opened and certain threads to be closed during the event.

EDIT, I should say potentially as it's not been confirmed we're getting Smash info.
Oh thank god, I’m glad you didn’t leak that the staff has...I mean does not have inside info...thank you for back peddling to cover our tracks...

We don’t have inside info....And we do know...I mean don’t know who F5 is because we have...don’t have....insiders provided to us....not provided to us....to help run the site and with speculation....not that we need help cause we don’t have inside information.......

Oh **** it, I’m tired of this crap. AZ...Xiv....fellow mods.....I’m gonna spill the beans. I know we tried to keep it tight lipped about it not to cause issues and legal ramifications but.....

TMNT is coming to Smash guys. The Turtles are F5.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Regardless of what happens, this will be me for most of TGA until we get a Smash reveal. Even then, I might be whelmed depending on who Fighter #5 is:

We're slowly getting there...

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hoo boy the online...

Yeah... I'm not too keen on it. As someone whose more competitively oriented, it can be frustrating when I get someone who's using items, 1-stock, 3:00-5:00 time limits, and stages w/ hazards. And although it gets better around the Elite level, it's still a problem.

On the flip someone who wants to play causally can also get stuck w/ a competitive ruleset, which may not be what they're looking for.

Honestly, if they stuck w/ the For Fun/For Glory system, it would've been better than what we have now imo.

GSP is an inconsistent way to measure skill especially since it takes all matches (causal or competitive) into account.

And hoo boy the netcode, the goddamn netcode.

Yeah, all and all, it's unacceptable for 2019 and a $20/ yr charge

D

Deleted member

Regardless of what happens, this will be me for most of TGA until we get a Smash reveal. Even then, I might be whelmed depending on who Fighter #5 is:

We're slowly getting there...
I'm basically torn right now, if FP5 will be my chance...no...our chance...

D

Deleted member

I just play Battle Arenas. GSP is too wack of a ranking system for me to care and there's too many people who run janky ruleset in quickplay.
Doesn't fix the netcode and arenas have their own problems but I tend to find that people who play in them have better connections on average and the positives outweigh the negatives for me.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I just play Battle Arenas. GSP is too wack of a ranking system for me to care and there's too many people who run janky ruleset in quickplay.
Doesn't fix the netcode and arenas have their own problems but I tend to find that people who play in them have better connections on average and the positives outweigh the negatives for me.
Ive been rippin tourneys lately i find them really fun as well

i cant get over the fact that im in a 32 person online Smash tournament reppin BK

Last edited:

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I hope there's a reveal at the game awards, even if it's someone I'm not particularly interested in. Anyways, I've got something dumb to say.

Imagine there was a Pass for each company in the game right now and Sakurai and the devs told YOU (yes, you) that you got to decide who's in. That means a Fighters Pass for...
  • Atlus
  • Bandai Namco
  • Capcom
  • Konami
  • Microsoft
  • Nintendo
  • SEGA
  • SNK
  • Square Enix
In that case, who would you add? Try to keep it between 3-6 characters each. Also, try to keep it one character per franchise, and spirits/assist trophies are allowed. (You can still choose to omit them if you'd like.) Here's my picks. Keep in mind that I don't want all of the characters listed here, though.
Not too familiar with Atlus. Sorry. :/
  1. Yusuke
  2. Uh...
  1. Dig Dug
  2. Lloyd Irving
  3. KOS-MOS
  4. Heihachi Mishima
  5. Chosen Undead
  6. Agumon
  1. Dante
  2. Phoenix Wright
  3. Amaterasu
  4. Zero
  5. Morrigan Aensland
  6. Leon Kennedy
Not too familiar with Konami either... .-.
  1. Raiden
  2. Alucard
  3. (This is where I'd add Pyramid Head if Konami didn't let the rights expire...)
  1. Master Chief
  2. Steve
  3. Rash
  4. Mumbo Jumbo
  5. Conker the Squirrel
  6. Joanna Dark
  1. Rex
  2. Isaac
  3. Geno
  4. Byleth
  5. Porky Minch
  6. Krystal
  1. Shadow the Hedgehog
  2. Arle Nadja
  3. Billy Hatcher
  4. Kiryu Kazuma
  5. Vyse
  1. Haohmaru
  2. Marco Rossi
  3. Ralf Jones
    • (Athena Asamiya too if they're not repping the same series)
  1. (Insert Final Fantasy protag (besides Cloud :ultcloud:) here)
  2. Neku Sakuraba
  3. Marina Lightyear (Did I spell that right?)
  4. Gex
I've been known to do that, but only when I'm undercover as internet forum randos.

Speaking of, have you guys heard about the new Skies of Arcadia game that's secretly in development?
No because it's a secret.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I predict that the Indie Presentation will have something Smash related.

People whining on twitter that we didn't get Smash news on a presentation about the opposite of AAA games
Why bother having an indie direct if there's no Smash news! What a waste of a direct! /s

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Wow, I wake up, and there's no major new deconfirmations? That's new, at least in contrast to the last couple of days. Guess the kills are saved for later today, huh?

Shroob

Sup?
Wow, I wake up, and there's no major new deconfirmations? That's new, at least in contrast to the last couple of days. Guess the kills are saved for later today, huh?
People are doubting KOS-MOS since apparently the KH3 trailer isn't for TGA.

Verg is all confused about KOS-MOS, but hasn't said anything else.

Sabi's dead silent.

So not a whole lot except a blow for the TGA leak.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
People are doubting KOS-MOS since apparently the KH3 trailer isn't for TGA.

Verg is all confused about KOS-MOS, but hasn't said anything else.

Sabi's dead silent.

So not a whole lot except a blow for the TGA leak.
I know there was another rumour which said Nick would be in Smash but Geoff kicked down the door and said "THIS ***** FAKE YEEEET"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom