• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKX31

Smash Master
Eh, I doubt Jesus will get a spirit. Sakurai would have to negotiate rights with the Pope and we all know how stingy he is.
Y'see, the Orthodox would argue that the copyright to Jesus belong to their Five Patriarchs. The Protestants might argue that Jesus is his own contractor a la Toby Fox.

And then there are all kinds of smaller groups like Jehova's Witnesses...

I think we can say the past few weeks of speculation has been some of the most bizarre yet. One second a character is deconfirmed, the next they're still in the running, then the next 90% of possible characters get the Axe when it's only 40%, and now there's a possibility that people admitting to a lot of fake leaks are doing it for attention even if they're not a leaker and people questioning validity on known leakers.

This is feeling like an episode of a Soap Opera rather than Smash speculation.
TBF, Smash Speculation would make for amazing TV because of all the stuff you just said.

It would make Mad Men look tame if anything.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai knows reducing Jesus to a png would create too much backlash. With his moveset potential and popularity, there's no way he's getting in as anything less than a playable character.
But he'd be too overpowered. Sakurai likes being true to the source material, and if Jesus takes less than three days to respawn, then it's just not accurate.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I believe that there will be a VGA Smash reveal. It just seems like an amazing marketing opportunity too good to pass on.
Plus the timing is perfect since its been two months after Terry. Doubt they're gonna keep us waiting any longer as I'm sure they know were getting restless for an new reveal.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think we can say the past few weeks of speculation has been some of the most bizarre yet. One second a character is deconfirmed, the next they're still in the running, then the next 90% of possible characters get the Axe when it's only 40%, and now there's a possibility that people admitting to a lot of fake leaks are doing it for attention even if they're not a leaker and people questioning validity on known leakers.

This is feeling like an episode of a Soap Opera rather than Smash speculation.
You mean a telenovela?

Hold up telenovelas are popular in Latin America. So is Terry... There's code for 'Jane' that has gone missing since we found Jack and Brave....

GUYS FP5 IS JANE THE VIRGIN

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'd be shocked if jesus wasn't a spirit

I'm willing to bet he's also gonna be a father and a probably a son too

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
TBF, Smash Speculation would make for amazing TV because of all the stuff you just said.

It would make Mad Men look tame if anything.
"Are these leaks real? Which ones are fake? Who is the real father between Vergeben and Papagenos? Will Sabi fight off the Home Intruder in time? How is the Smash fandom reacting to KOS-MOS? Find out in Smash Speculation!"

Excuse me while I question what I even posted.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
To keep up with TV soap opera standards, Smash will be updated to run at uncanny 60 FPS that all soap operas use for some reason. Please enjoy and make sure to turn on motion interpolation on your smart TV for recommended experience.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright thanks. There was a lot of pages to skim through so I just wanted to make sure I was getting everything.
No, nothings confirmed at all.

One leak thats SOMEWHAT legit says KOS-MOS.

Vergeben, if you believe him, says no KOS-MOS.

No one knows anything.
actualy last night we found out that cat leak 2 was actualy made by someone in a reimu discord and showed evidence

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Plus the timing is perfect since its been two months after Terry. Doubt they're gonna keep us waiting any longer as I'm sure they know were getting restless for an new reveal.
Dude, Nintendo is gonna do whatever makes for good business.

I doubt they care all that much about our personal cravings for Smash news.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee

How in the hell would that explain why X got ignored for the base roster?
Like I said X was a game that had everything in favour for the baseroster, like the least they could have done was give it a song or an AT. KOS-MOS is a character thats dear to Takahashi's heart and its basically the companies Mascot in legal rights hell, hence why Takahashi's would be biased and even would go as far to not push for Rex & Pyra as a promotional rep at the time Smash Ultimate was in development (also even applies to the original Xenoblade, seeing that it only got its content back from Smash 4), if he got the news their original Mascot would be DLC

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Man some of y'all really wouldn't have survived Smash 4 speculation, never mind Brawl.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
actualy last night we found out that cat leak 2 was actualy made by someone in a reimu discord and showed evidence
interesting. Please link?

So we TRULY don't know anything...

other than the fact the no character will top Banjo.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Man some of y'all really wouldn't have survived Smash 4 speculation, never mind Brawl.
Man Smash 4 was rough for me even before I found this place. I was super deep in the "reeee anime" mindset and well...most of the dlc lineup being a human did not set well with me haha.

I can't say I felt like this during Brawl though. I was just ecstatic I could finally play as Sonic

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dude, Nintendo is gonna do whatever makes for good business.

I doubt they care all that much about our personal cravings for Smash news.
True but there is a pattern when it comes to DLC reveals.

June 2019::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie:
September 2019::ult_terry:

Its been 3 months since Terry we're probably due for another one.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
True but there is a pattern when it comes to DLC reveals.

June 2019::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie:
September::ult_terry:

Its been 3 months since Terry we're probably due for another one.
Reminder that we had a 6 month long gap between Joker and Hero's reveals

there is no pattern

they reveal them whenever they feel like it

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think the leak Yeet meant was the TGA one that claims Clock Tower's getting remade
*Smash 4 flashbacks* god, don't remind me of that period in my life
interesting. Please link?

So we TRULY don't know anything...

other than the fact the no character will top Banjo.
That's a funny way to spell Chief

D

Deleted member

We may have have had someone post proof that they faked the cat leak, which kinda takes the evidence for KOS MOS off the table now
I did notice something else. The one who claimed that made it deleted his twitter account. It must be because he said he made it he didn’t want to get harassed

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Veterans of Smash 4 speculation, please tell me your war stories. I am interested in hearing about them,

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Besides given the constant leaks Sabi and Vergeben has been giving us lately regarding FP5 (Which tends to happen when we get closer to an reveal) makes me believe we're getting FP5 this Thursday or at least sometime this month.

And there's the fact too all fighters in the Pass are due for February 2020. I'd imagine they've already finishing modeling up FP5 by now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe it's just me but Ultimate speculation has felt way worse than Smash 4 speculation
Iunno maybe I'm just more bitter and cynical than I was back then.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Smash 4 speculation sure was wild and the wait for Brawl was painful. I think Smash 4 speculation was more crazy then the wait for Brawl to me mostly due to knowing much more characters that Nintendo could legit add. Once Cloud was added in 4, all bets were off on who could enter. Smash 4 sure did a lot for Smash Bros, roster wise.

That and the leaks were more abundant in Smash 4 then in Brawl with things like the ESRB leak and the Gematsu leaks (this one hurt me more mostly due to Chrom at the time.)

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I can safely I survived the Smash 4 era.

However, the miracle never happen, and my most wanted character, Motobug, never made it in.

I will never forget you, comrade.

D

Deleted member

We got Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus newcomers.

We didn't get Metroid or Donkey Kong newcomers.

You do the math.
MFW I played Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem before Metroid and Donkey Kong.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
We got Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus newcomers.

We didn't get Metroid or Donkey Kong newcomers.

You do the math.
Ah yes, the Fire Emblem newcomers in Smash 4. The one that made the pointless "no sword user" argument.....if there was ever an objective mistake in adding that many FE characters within the Smash fandom, this was one of them.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
That's a funny way to spell Chief
If you REALLY think that Master Chief would be a bigger reveal than Banjo... then youre definitely right.

Chief would truly be the last of the gaming icons out there who's series I've played. Banjos been my "this is possible and needs to happen" character, while Chief is my pipe dream character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom