• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
watch as we do get fighter 5 at the vgas, but it's somebody none of y'all wanted

I'm betting y'all are still gonna complaining about a supposed "drought" like a day later
Doesn't this happen with every character, though?

Regardless of how significant the character turns out to be, there are always going to be people who are like "Okay, but who's next" a day or two after each reveal.

D

Deleted member

Maybe Sakurai didn't add any Xenoblade X songs because Sawano's music ****ing blows
Black Tar is so unfitting it underflows and becomes the best battle theme ever composed for an RPG, so that's not likely.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I feel like the "Too niche" argument is a bit irrelevant because I'm sure the audience at the Game Awards would cheer for anyone if they're revealed for Smash. And with us getting more characters, the blow will be softened a bit.

D

Deleted member

I was one of those fools who chose to believe the Ridley silhouette they teased for the Pyrosphere stage wasn't a hint towards him being a stage hazard and that he could still be playable.

Dark times...
I was one of those fools who believed Ashley not being shown off as an Assist Trophy in the E3 2018 direct was a good sign for her chances.

Also dark times.
I was one of those fools who believed in 7 newcomer reveals in forty minutes. Let's just say that hope got uprooted real fast.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Black Tar is so unfitting it underflows and becomes the best battle theme ever composed for an RPG, so that's not likely.
I honest to god erased Black Tar from my memory. The opening riff to Uncontrollable and the Wir Fliegen chorus however refuses to leave my brain.

Why wasn't XCX a better game dammit it had SO much going for it

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I remember one dude literally wanted DLC to remove Dr. Mario which, isn’t that the OPPOSITE of how DLC works?
Heh, reminds me of that one time when one guy speculated if there was still a chance for Toon Link to get cut, after he was already confirmed to be playable back in Smash 4.

Silly folks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hiroyuki Sawano's music kind of blends in after a while, but Black Tar was a song I specifically remembered. Just rap and suddenly you'll get an amazing battle theme.

Bold I hope you realize this means I'll drag your ass for this
Hey look, I didn't know how to justify that Psynergy item that spread like fire. That was almost definitive for Isaac at the very least. Everything else could be explained, but that was the one in-game factor that ****ed with me.

Last edited by a moderator:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I was the fool that stuck around for nearly 3 years hyping and promoting and hoping for Snake, in base or DLC, while other people looked at me in disgust that I wanted character who "didn't fit in" back. Dark times indeed.

Dude, Snake speculation for Smash For sucked so hard.
Dude, remember The Game Awards 2015? When Geoff said what he said about Konami, we were....quite hella mad to say the least. That was terrible.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I witnessed all of Smash 4's speculation, and there was A LOT of complaining.

Wii Fit Trainer - "Just think of who we could've gotten if this waste of a character didn't exist."
Pre-Rosalina - "Sakurai seems fine with the main 4 Mario characters. Plus, she'll just end up as a Peach clone anyway."
Greninja - "Dude, I swear if Mewtwo doesn't get in but this thing does..."
Miis - "Eww. Gross."
Palutena - "Don't care about her. Just another point for Gematsu I guess."
Lucina - "Did anyone ask for this?"
Shulk - "Literally never heard of this guy."
Dark Pit - "So we can get two Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus characters, but no Metroid or DK?!"
Duck Hunt - " 'Hey, Sakurai! We want Mewtwo!' 'Okay. Duck Hunt it is.' "
Bayo - "Cool. Now where's the REAL ballot winner, K. Rool?!"

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I was the fool that stuck around for nearly 3 years hyping and promoting and hoping for Snake, in base or DLC, while other people looked at me in disgust that I wanted character who "didn't fit in" back. Dark times indeed.

Dude, Snake speculation for Smash For sucked so hard.
Seeing Snake take center stage in “Everyone is here” made it all worth it in the end.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Being “too niche” for the VGA implies that they had the VGAs in mind when deciding the Fighter’s Pass.

Nintendo will decide who to show wherever they want, whenever they want.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hiroyuki Sawano's music kind of blends in after a while, but Black Tar was a song I specifically remembered. Just rap and suddenly you'll get an amazing battle theme.

Hey look, I didn't know how to justify that Psynergy item that spread like fire. That was almost definitive for Isaac at the very least. Everything else could be explained, but that was the one in-game factor that ****ed with me.
Still a bruh moment cause it was so ****ing obvious if you know anything about marketing

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Wii Fit Trainer - "Just think of who we could've gotten if this waste of a character didn't exist."
Pre-Rosalina - "Sakurai seems fine with the main 4 Mario characters. Plus, she'll just end up as a Peach clone anyway."
Miis - "Eww. Gross."
Dark Pit - "So we can get two Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus characters, but no Metroid or DK?!"
A few months ago I went back to Ryu's support thread because he was one of my favorite Sm4sh additions and instead of seeing people excited and congratulating supporters I saw so much gross whining, salt, and hoping the datamines were fake. Like goddamn, I'm glad I wasn't around for Sm4sh if that's what it was like back then.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Being “too niche” for the VGA implies that they had the VGAs in mind when deciding the Fighter’s Pass.

Besides, if anything niche picks are BETTER for TGA. it’s E3 that only shows off the big names (Ridley, Hero, Banjo, EVERYONE IS HERE)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Miis - "Eww. Gross."
In fairness to Palutena specifically, at least here, she was incredibly wanted, but due to the (fake in hindsight) 3DS leak, the excitement just waned due to perceived inevitability. Like, she wasn't at Mega Man, K. Rool, or Ridley's level of requested, but she was literally right below them with Little Mac.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm not sure if Fighter 5 is KOS-MOS.
There are a few reasons why I think this:
1# Vergeben already deconfirmed Namco-Bandai. I am aware of his source's confusion, but this shouldn't be an issue since KOS-MOS belongs to Bamco.

2# Fighter 5 will most likely be revealed at TGA and I think that is the wrong kind of audience to show off KOS-MOS. Joker has the excuse that his game "Persona 5" was nominated for Game of the Year and won Best RPG.

3# If we take his word as truth, then Geoff Keighley has stated that no leaks. We have multiple "leaks" saying that Fighter 5 is KOS-MOS.

I would have expected a western-favored character to be shown off as Fighter 5.
If KOS-MOS does make it into Smash, then congrats.
Yep

I aboslutely agree

That’s why a few characters in my opinion are more logic to show off as FP5 in TGA

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
A broken image means they're gonna be broken.
Sorry bruh, either my computer or Smashboards is refusing to load any image for me. It actually was perfectly fine prior to posting in the preview. Please be patient.

Welp, Smashboards completely REFUSED to load any single image I could upload, whether by copy pasting, inserting from a file on my desktop, or whatever, everytime it was either spending an eternity to load or "Something went wrong. Please Contact an administrator". so I just had to embed a tweet instead. F*** Smashboards servers.

Last edited:

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace

The way I see it, the character is gonna be "Niche" but will still be a shocker reveal, there won't be a VGA reveal, or the character is "Big" but the VGAs had nothing to do with it and it was just the development cycle working in Nintendos favor.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The only people who think Persona is a niche series are Smash fans
Especially Persona 5, the game that spread at least two giant memes (UI, Last Surprise), won multiple awards, and was praised by game devs across the board including Sakurai himself.

Absurd.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Leaker drama continues as Sabi is now saying Verge is wrong and the character is from the deconfirm list.

It's literally Guess Who at this point, but exhausting!

D

Deleted member

Especially Persona 5, the game that spread at least two giant memes (UI, Last Surprise), won multiple awards, and was praised by game devs across the board including Sakurai himself.

Absurd.
I think it was also a meme on Twitter to say Persona 5 is the only Persona game due to how popular it is.

Don’t take my word on this one doh.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Wasabi outright accusing Veggieboy of being wrong right now. If this was all a bait from Jon then both sabi and vergeben have fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Persona 5 sold more than the last three Zelda games combined.

This is false but lol

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think it was also a meme on Twitter to say Persona 5 is the only Persona game due to how popular it is.

Don’t take my word on this one doh.
The meme is that Persona 1/2 don't exist due to the popularity of later ones, including 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom