• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think it's weird that we consider Persona 5 and Joker "niche".

Not only did that game do really well, it also got a lot of GotY nominations and a few wins, a ton of 9 or 10/10 reviews, it was talked about all that year, and it had that weird Twitch controversy with Atlus to rocket it into the general spotlight. Like, Persona 5 might not be the biggest RPG in the world but saying it's niche is just saying it's not as big as Final Fantasy, which, no JRPG is.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Leaker drama continues as Sabi is now saying Verge is wrong and the character is from the deconfirm list.

It's literally Guess Who at this point, but exhausting!
Bruh, this is really Civil War.

Except with characters that are way less likeable.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
There was a problem fetching the tweet

IF THIS IS TRUE.... my bet is KOS-MOS

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
kay, the joker comparison was a bad example, my bad

what I should've said was there is no standard for who gets revealed at the game awards

I doubt Sakurai and the smash team picked the 5th character in the mindset that they'd be revealed at the game awards

everyone acts like it's a second e3 or something when it really isn't. The awards show aspect of it makes it really hard for non engilsh peeps to follow along

if it ends up being someone like KOS-MOS, so be it

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Wasabi outright accusing Veggieboy of being wrong right now. If this was all a bait from Jon then both sabi and vergeben have fallen for it hook, line and sinker.
So...Phoenix Wright is back in the running again!?

Back to court then.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
There is a point where we needed to stop and we have clearly passed it.

BUT LET'S KEEP GOING AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I'm just gonna wait for the images to fix themselves so I can actually read what Fatman posted earlier (the post with all the images)

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Leaker drama continues as Sabi is now saying Verge is wrong and the character is from the deconfirm list.

It's literally Guess Who at this point, but exhausting!
Oh for ****s sake...

Can we just get to the VGAs at let them reveal the character already so leakers can shut the **** up

Jesus Christ this is annoying

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
OK Xenoheads, somebody fill me in on KOS-MOS:

-pls Show me a vid of moveset potential
-pls show me what her stage could be
- and pls show me what her victory theme would be

Thanks!

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh for ****s sake...

Can we just get to the VGAs at let them reveal the character already so leakers can shut the **** up

Jesus Christ this is annoying
I honestly agree.

People are taking the word of the leakers too personally, when we should all just stay calm and wait until the Game Awards to see who was right and who was wrong in the end.

It’s just less than five days away, I’m sure many of you can kill that time in a good way.

I.D.

Smash Lord
"By the way here's a ****ing 30 item list of characters and companies that are not fighter 5"
"JK LOL it's actually one of the previously deconfirmed characters"

I think I'm starting to enjoy watching insiders squirm like this after all

Droodle

Smash Lord
At this point until an official leaker comes out and states BLANK is character 5, I'm just going to ignore their statements.

Judging from what Sabi states, my bet is on KOS-MOS; but I'm getting tired of this whole act that Sabi and Vergeben have going on. We're only 3 days away, and I should probably study for Finals.

I should really, really study for finals.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I think that what's happening right now is Vergeben (or his source) don't know that Kos-Mos is Bandai character. This is why Vergeben delete Nintendo on his second list of developers that the character isn't from (he probably think that Kos-mos is Nintendo/Monolith). Sabi might know that Kos-mos is Bandai, so they're saying that vergeben is wrong about his "not from these developers" list.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I witnessed all of Smash 4's speculation, and there was A LOT of complaining.

Wii Fit Trainer - "Just think of who we could've gotten if this waste of a character didn't exist."
Pre-Rosalina - "Sakurai seems fine with the main 4 Mario characters. Plus, she'll just end up as a Peach clone anyway."
Greninja - "Dude, I swear if Mewtwo doesn't get in but this thing does..."
Miis - "Eww. Gross."
Palutena - "Don't care about her. Just another point for Gematsu I guess."
Lucina - "Did anyone ask for this?"
Shulk - "Literally never heard of this guy."
Dark Pit - "So we can get two Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus characters, but no Metroid or DK?!"
Duck Hunt - " 'Hey, Sakurai! We want Mewtwo!' 'Okay. Duck Hunt it is.' "
Bayo - "Cool. Now where's the REAL ballot winner, K. Rool?!"
1) Yeah, it was rather baffling seeing her for the first time, especially after Mega Man.
2) There was a bit of mixture of reactions for Rosa. Hype or indifference. Little Mac was well received as a whole.
3) Accurate
4) Very mixed opinions on these guys to say the least
5) Accurate, though people were hype for her as well.
6) "Why is she in the game for the same reasons Chrom was kicked out?" This was a crazy time...
7) Pretty accurate, though there were people who were clamoring for him to be in even before the ESRB leak confirmed him.
8) Easily the most hated addition in Smash 4
9) Accurate, though people weren't surprised due to him being quite retro
10) Bayo is Bayo.

Seeing Snake take center stage in “Everyone is here” made it all worth it in the end.
This is what makes Snake such an important character in Smash history. He showcased not 1, but 2 messages and pitches for Smash:

Brawl = Third Parties are in, baby.
Ultimate = EVERYONE IS HERE!

Cloud was definitely an important reveal, but Snake one-upped him for headlining 2 Smash pitches that made Smash the biggest ever crossover game in history.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Some people will be on Team Verge some on Team Sabi, but I am on Team screw them both and wait on TGA.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Hm...

Has anyone tried asking Geoff about his thoughts on fighter #5?

I'm sure he would know better than anyone who it could possibly be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom