• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Also, Verge/Sabi said that if they announce who the character is, their source will get caught, which means one of these three things:

1.Their source is, again baiting them. Heck, one of these disconfirmed companies could very well have a character as FP5.
2. Verge and Sabi actually don't know and are doing this for attention since so many people believe them now.

3. That they are actually right: The fifth character isn't from any of these companies. .
If it's announced at the Game Awards would that give a closer idea of where their source is in the development chain? It was said that only Geoff knew about Joker.

And also isn't it reasonable to say that Nintendo and co could be on the march after The Pokemon SWSH leaks and are more eager to spot any missteps this time, hence the deconfirmation game?

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
What a reaction will be when fighter 5 become one if the earliest kills.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Okay, but a Clock Tower remake was mentioned in the same "leak" that claimed KOS-MOS from Namco's Xenosaga series would be fighter #5.
The problem is any given piece of information doesn't actually give a whole lot of credibility to other parts of any given leak. People use real information with fake information all the time. A Clock Tower remake isn't really going to give any more or less credence to KOS-MOS at all.

Guys, take it from a Grinch believer, it's dangerous to start doubting Vergeben.

Plus, and nothing but respect to Jon, but just yesterday he was saying he doesn't know anything, so his doubting Vergeben isn't indicative of anything.

No way Red Harlow ever gets in, if an RDR rep happens it's Arthur or John Marston.

Neither will we get Alyx to rep Half-Life.

And if a GTA V character gets in it probably won't be Franklin.

Sunsoft still exists?
Yes, let's believe Verge. The man whose last relevant piece of information to Smash speculation was Dragon Quest literally over a year ago. He jumped on Banjo & Kazooie after Shinobi and a whole lot of other factors pointed in their directio and also jumped on Terry after the SNK leak... Speaking of which, that's exactly the same track record that Sabi has for Smash except for the fact they jumped on Dragon Quest after Verge brought it up. Seriously, these two collectively have not had any new information about Smash or the DLC since November of last year. Verge's credibility was **** before Ultimate, and even though he got base roster correct, he's basically face planted throughout Ultimate's DLC cycle. And do I need to even mention how absolutely non-committal and flip-flopping Sabi has been with everything Smash related for ages and also had a minor meltdown with a Maxwell/Jonesy leak not two months ago.

Seriously, why the **** are we letting these jokers dictate so much of speculation?

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
*He killed everyone that this thread personally cared about
People care about Kratos, Geralt, indies, Riot and Valve characters. The VGAs are about five days away as well. He could potentially disconfirm one or more of these choices, and if he does, I'll only grow more suspicious lol. At that point, if ANY of these companies are disconfirmed, we're basically getting a character pretty much no one, and I MEAN no one has asked for, which is going to defeat the purpose of announcing a character at a big gaming event.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Where's "random 4chan poster who actually had legitimate insider information" when we need them?

KillerCage

Smash Master
I hope Arle gets in, and I think she's realistic for #75, but I'm not gonna start celebrating unless she actually gets in (or is leaked like Terry and Banjo). Also, I think the image used for the first anniversary is very coincidental and doesn't mean anything other than "oh hey guys Smash is a year old". It could very well be someone like Travis Touchdown and we wouldn't know it.
Bro
Vergeben deconfirmed every possible candidate we had.
WHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT!!!!!!!!!???????
Wouldn't that mean that Vergeben is useless now!?

D

Deleted member

(Main theme)-The Massacre of December 7th of 2019- Smashboards: The Video Game

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
That SMX dude was an odd fellow...
But he steamed a good ham.

I know, I know, the door is over there. Sorry, man, couldn't resist.

I think I might want to believe Verge rather than Jon, at least for now. Verge has a better track record when it comes to Smash. This will either be his ultimate leak or his downfall.

Yo, GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 , starting to think your "Verge retirement" joke theory has some merit. :ultpacman:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
This thread: "VERGE KILLED VIRTUALLY EVERY CHARACTER WE CARE ABOUT!!!"
Me: "Wait, didn't he say that Microsoft and Square Enix were still okay? And what about a Nintendo character?"

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Super duper stretch theory...

Fighter 5 is Sami from Advance Wars.

Sami is technically second party (made by Intelligent Systems) and was never made a spirit in Ultimate despite her being a major character and very popular. In addition, she fits the Color Theory to a tee given her hair color and the fact that she hails from ORANGE Star. She also has assets to borrow from Snake and ZSS making her development easier. Lastly, she would sorta fit the placeholder Daisy sorta has in that Twitter pic yesterday.

#SamiGang anyone?

Ehh?

Ehh?

...okay

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Me: "Wait, didn't he say that Microsoft and Square Enix were still okay. And what about a Nintendo character?"
He clarified in another post that he meant Microsoft, Square Enix, and Nintendo are also out.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
You know what, I'm ****ing going in. After all of these deconfirmations, I'm going to guess Kratos is the next character. He would be someone that very few would see coming, Sony is still (somehow) not out, and King Zell said something about "Mario on Playstation". I think his inclusion would definitely break the internet, and I believe the Game Awards is the perfect venue to reveal him.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
He clarified in another post that he meant Microsoft, Square Enix, and Nintendo are also out.
Guess I haven't been keeping up.

Though, how does that work though? He specifically said one of those characters could happen six hours ago. Now they can't?

What changed?

Last edited:

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
So, based on Vergeben’s kill list, these are some of the remaining survivors for Fighter #5 I could come up with:

- A Sony character (Kratos seems the most likely imo)
- Geralt (if he’s even legible) - CD Projekt Red
- A Cygames character (either Gran/Djeeta for Granblue or Euden for Dragalia Lost)
- Hollow Knight - Team Cherry
- Neptune - Compile Heart/Idea Factory
- Saber - Type-Moon
- Sora - Disney (if Vergeben’s source doesn’t count him as Square Enix)
- Quote - Nicalis
- Gunvolt - IntiCreates

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Seriously, why the **** are we letting these jokers dictate so much of speculation?
Why wouldn't we believe the guy who has been right about almost everything he's said? "Oh Vergeben hasn't been the first to claim anything for over a year!" So the guy only speaks when he's confident in something. How's that take away credibility?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Guess I haven't been keeping up.

Though, how does that work though? He specifically said one of those characters could happen six hours ago. Now they can't?

What changed?
Nah Verge wrote in a vague way in his original post where he meant those characters were out. He later clarified in another post that he always meant they were out and apologized for the confusion.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, based on Vergeben’s kill list, these are some of the remaining survivors for Fighter #5 I could come up with:

- A Sony character (Kratos seems the most likely imo)
- Geralt (if he’s even legible) - CD Project Red
- Cygames (either Gran/Djeeta for Granblue or Euden for Dragalia Lost)
- Hollow Knight - Team Cherry
- Neptune - Compile Heart/Idea Factory
- Saber - Type-Moon
- Sora - Disney (if Vergeben’s source doesn’t count him as Square Enix)
- Quote - Nicalis
You forgot Gunvolt (IntiCreates)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
But he steamed a good ham.

I know, I know, the door is over there. Sorry, man, couldn't resist.

I think I might want to believe Verge rather than Jon, at least for now. Verge has a better track record when it comes to Smash. This will either be his ultimate leak or his downfall.

Yo, GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 , starting to think your "Verge retirement" joke theory has some merit. :ultpacman:
I mean if Verge really wanted an out from Smash speculation, I can't think of a more trolly way to go out than that.

Also getting back at the people who kept dissing him for the past year and a half lol.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Geez, I come back to see a whole lot of pages and I find out that apparently, a Thanos snap happened to most of the other suggested characters.
Gonna nitpick, but the Saber most people talk about is Artoria, the chick in the blue dress. That one is actually Nero. Yes, there are multiple Sabers, so many of them that they have their own category called “Saberface”, lol.
More nitpicking here, yes, while Saberface is a category, the deal regarding "multiple Sabers' isn't entirely because of Artoria look-alikes. In the Battle Royale Grail Wars they do, it is important to keep the Servant's identity a secret so that it's harder to find their weaknesses. So when the Servant is summoned in their respective class, they are referred to by their "Class".
Saber is just mostly used to refer to Artoria because she is the "first" one, hence why "Saberface" refers to any Artoria look-alike, including non-Saber class look-alikes. But Nero, Mordred(as Saber of Red Faction), Siegfried(as Saber of Black Faction), Richard III, Arthur in the original Prototype, and whatnot are also referred to as "Saber."

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
What is this King Zell post about Mario on PlayStation? Is there a source and whats the guys credibility?

I'd scream at the top of my lungs if its a Sony rep but I think the "Nintendo picked but Sakurai chose who could work" wouldn't put it in a chance in my view.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Nah Verge wrote in a vague way in his original post where he meant those characters were out. He later clarified in another post that he always meant they were out and apologized for the confusion.
Hmm. Odd way of writing it.

Regardless, none of these deconfirmations bother me. For one, we're getting more characters anyway. Two, I never expected the last character to be anyone the fanbase had been clamoring for, nor did I expect it to be a character from any new first-party game. And three, all but one of the third-parties in this pass were never frequently brought up in conversation without the aid of leaks. The odds of it being someone we overlooked were already pretty high.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
*He killed everyone that this thread personally cared about
My most wanted list includes Nathan Drake and Hollow Knight, so at least a chunk of mine are still alive
What is this King Zell post about Mario on PlayStation? Is there a source and whats the guys credibility?

I'd scream at the top of my lungs if its a Sony rep but I think the "Nintendo picked but Sakurai chose who could work" wouldn't put it in a chance in my view.
Can't remember the specifics but he's pretty credible. I did a post on it not that long ago

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I always said that if Smash Bros had started in the Switch generation, The Knight would be a frontrunner to be added just because of how cozy Nintendo is with Team Cherry and vice versa.

There's also an interesting point of Cadence. Crypt of the Necrodancer and Cadence of Hyrule alone makes her intriguing.

Kratos is a rep I'm leaning towards. Talk about a bombshell. Only Master Chief or Sora would be comparable in hype. Or really any Sony rep. PaRappa would be INCREDIBLE, and so would Kat or Aloy or Sly.

Chell from Portal is iconic, huge, memorable, popular worldwide. Big possibility there. I'd say the Portal series is equally as iconic as Half Life to a certain generation.

I don't believe it to be someone from a second party like Ura says but the Sami guess isn't totally crazy. A character in a tank could satisfy my Metal Slug cravings and Sami is very cool.

Finally, this isn't happening, but if CJ from San Andreas got in along with the rest of the Grove I'd lose it. What a wild pick that would be and the memes would be off the charts.

For Disney, Sora could count as a rep for them unless you believe he's totally deconfirmed. I don't think he's impossible. And of course there's always Scrooge McDuck ;)

There's of course the possibility of something crazy like a dead game or series. Marina Liteyears specifically being picked because Sakurai saw my ballot and was like "I'm going to end this girl's whole career". James Bond because **** It Why Not. Hatsune Miku somehow. Who knows.

If you take these deconfirms on their word we have nothing but wild picks and I'm pretty excited about that. But this could also be just a test, a leakbait blast, who knows? It might not even happen at the Game Awards. Wild.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom