• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
the more I think about it, it feels more like the source just doesn't want to get in trouble with the Nintendo Ninjas, especially right after the SWSH leakers were taken to court

so of course the ideal outcome is to just lie and say every big company isn't fighter 5 just to keep everyone in the dark and the ninjas at bay

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I can’t believe my Kratos theory might actually be coming to fruition

For those that don’t know, I presented a fully fledged theory to PapaGenos in DMs a month ago on why I thought a Sony rep was possible, with King Zells post and the timing of it.

Now, its looking much more likely that is the case. EA has had their relationship with Nintendo completely tanked (while with Sony it seems to have trended upward) and the biggest indie reps are either assist trophie’d or Mii costume’d.

Aside from maybe Rockstar, there is literally no one else I could think of.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Hell, SNK was only saved from bankruptcy by a Chinese joint venture buying it out four years ago. SNK's stuff is a big deal there, but I wouldn't call SNK that (relatively) major nowadays. Even with their position nowadays being much better.

I definetely would not mind either. Even if (from what I've heard, need to research this more) Nexon is Korea's EA pretty much both MapleStory and DFO would be really intriguing options.

I've only read about DFO, but from what I've seen its swordplay and magic use is done via input commands? Or am I mistaken?
Yes I believe so for DFO having swordplay/magic use is done via input commands iirc. It's been a good while I've played DFO.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Man, we really like to have mood swings on these leaker folks, huh?

I remember exactly yesterday everyone was on the Verge train and thought Sabi was the unreliable one, but now that Verge came out with the doomsday list, everyone's flipping it to be Verge is wrong and Sabi is right.

Speculation is really something. :p

Last edited:

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap I missed a lot.
Sorry if this has been asked a billion times before, but anyone got a link to the deconfirmed companies list?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Some thoughts:

1) It MIGHT be possible that Verg and Sabi have been played, and they are being purposely mislead so that Nintendo can crush their credibility

2) Leakers are afraid to say who the pick is because of the repercussions of the Pokemon leaks, and therefore are avoiding that by narrowing down options the other way. They aren't directly saying who the character is, and can, hypothetically, avoid scrutiny.

3) If they aren't being misled, then the whole list of disconfirmations really does leave fewer options. Obviously Geralt isn't the only pick, but he'd make a ton of sense to be at TGA.

4) If they are being misled, then holy crap. Speculation for DLC changes for the rest of the cycle, lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can’t believe my Kratos theory might actually be coming to fruition

For those that don’t know, I presented a fully fledged theory to PapaGenos in DMs a month ago on why I thought a Sony rep was possible, with King Zells post and the timing of it.

Now, its looking much more likely that is the case. EA has had their relationship with Nintendo completely tanked (while with Sony it seems to have trended upward) and the biggest indie reps are either assist trophie’d or Mii costume’d.

Aside from maybe Rockstar, there is literally no one else I could think of.
Can you show me where it is?

D

Deleted member

Okay, but a Clock Tower remake was mentioned in the same "leak" that claimed KOS-MOS from Namco's Xenosaga series would be fighter #5.
Oh, I missunderstood your post then.

I thought you were saying Namco was alledgedly making the Clock Tower remake, which confused me.

I apologize for the missunderstanding.

Last edited by a moderator:

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
Maybe, but I'm not going to completely rule out the Clock Tower/KOS-MOS leak yet since it guessed both HZD on PC and the release date for KH3 Re:Mind.

Probably still fake, sure, but I'm going to keep my eye on it during the show regardless.
We can't give credit to that leak for guessing Horizon: Zero Dawn coming to PC since that thing is only a rumor and there hasn't been any official announcements about it. And as i pointed out yesterday, the rumor of H:ZD coming to PC comes from a pretty unreliable source:
Apparently, the industry insider that spread the rumor about H:ZD coming to PC isn't very reliable (like the only thing that he has got right is Death Stranding coming to PC...a thing that we knew from the beginning) https://www.resetera.com/threads/ru...-on-february-2020.156969/page-4#post-27046066

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
We can't give credit to that leak for guessing Horizon: Zero Dawn coming to PC since that thing is only a rumor and there hasn't been any official announcements about it. And as i pointed out yesterday, the rumor of H:ZD coming to PC comes from a pretty unreliable source:
"AAA PS4 exclusive coming to PC announced at industry show X" is literally one of the most obvious "leak" guesses you can make. People shouldn't give it so much as the time of day.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Some thoughts:

1) I MIGHT be possible that Verg and Sabi have been played, and they are being purposely mislead so that Nintendo can crush their credibility

2) Leakers are afraid to say who the pick is because of the repercussions of the Pokemon leaks, and therefore are avoiding that by narrowing down options the other way. They aren't directly saying who the character is, and can, hypothetically, avoid scrutiny.

3) If they aren't being misled, then the whole list of disconfirmations really does leave fewer options. Obviously he isn't the only pick, but he'd make a ton of sense to be at TGA.

4) If they are being misled, then holy crap. Speculation for DLC changes for the rest of the cycle, lol.
This is currently my line of thinking.

Either we're all being Star Fox Grand Prix'ed again, or we're getting a character absolutely no one saw coming.

D

Deleted member

As for the remind thing it only said this winter not delayed to Jan 2020 like the leak said

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Who currently owns the Clock Tower IP?

I thought it was Capcom.
They own it currently, but the old holders were Sunsoft I think, who went bankrupt in the early to mid 2000s and Capcom bought some of their staff

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Tbh, I always assumed even before this huge disconfirmation massacre that they could be baited by their source.
After all, there have been many popular leakers that have fallen into obscurity after a while. No leaker is going to be right 100% of the time. Eventually, they're all gonna lose their credibility.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Is it bad I'll laugh if one of the "deconfirmed" characters was revealed to be #5? I feel like at that point it's either gonna be that or one of the most out of left field choices possible.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
I think the common interpretation of King Zell comment "Mario on Playstation" was that the Master Chief Collection was coming to the Switch, but in any case I doubt it had anything to do with Smash.

Edit: Also I don't think Jon's comment on Vergeben's list means that he knows that Verge is getting baited. Jon has been pretty clear recently about his opinion about "Twitter insiders" and such, and in general people like Sabi and Vergeben are seen by many big industries insiders as attetion-seekers nobodies that rely on open secrets and lucky guesses. We just need to see how this whole situation develops at this point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think the common interpretation of King Zell comment "Mario on Playstation" was that the Master Chief Collection was coming to the Switch, but in any case I doubt it had anything to do with Smash.
Same, tbqh.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tbh, I always assumed even before this huge disconfirmation massacre that they could be baited by their source.
After all, there have been many popular leakers that have fallen into obscurity after a while. No leaker is going to be right 100% of the time. Eventually, they're all gonna lose their credibility.
Someone brought up Emily Rogers the other day and I felt like I aged five years instantly. I never hear about her anymore.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Guys, take it from a Grinch believer, it's dangerous to start doubting Vergeben.

Plus, and nothing but respect to Jon, but just yesterday he was saying he doesn't know anything, so his doubting Vergeben isn't indicative of anything.

Alright my dudes:

-Kratos
-Sackboy
-CJ
-Franklin
-Red Marlow
-Arthur Morgan
-Chell
-Alyx
-Heavy
-Spore
-League of Legends
-Sabi and Vergeben get oof’d

Take your pick.
No way Red Harlow ever gets in, if an RDR rep happens it's Arthur or John Marston.

Neither will we get Alyx to rep Half-Life.

And if a GTA V character gets in it probably won't be Franklin.
scoobymcsnack scoobymcsnack I really like your pfp.

Also, Lamperouge Lamperouge , it seems that Clock Tower is owned by Sunsoft rather than Namco.
Sunsoft still exists?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Idk, the timing of that post lines up perfectly with potential negotiations/development time. And we just had that complete deconfirmation wave.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Wow wow wow wow wow. Verge just pulled a gun and shot like 15 things in the head. Somehow a Sony rep might actually be likely now?

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Jon has been pretty spot on with knowing how these things work. Verge I really feel may have jumped on bad Info. Sabi I think has a legit source who knows it. We shall wait and see but right now its best to just stick with what Sabi said and only the verge stuff that Sabi Agree's with
I'm much more inclined to believe an insider like Jon over someone like Verge who has got things wrong before.

Verge knows that he has the speculation community wrapped around his finger so I'm not discounting the possibility that he's trolling us or is getting leakbaited again. I'd like to see other credible people either confirm or deny this before I go all in.

D

Deleted member

Guys, take it from a Grinch believer, it's dangerous to start doubting Vergeben.

Plus, and nothing but respect to Jon, but just yesterday he was saying he doesn't know anything, so his doubting Vergeben isn't indicative of anything.

No way Red Harlow ever gets in, if an RDR rep happens it's Arthur or John Marston.

Neither will we get Alyx to rep Half-Life.

And if a GTA V character gets in it probably won't be Franklin.

Sunsoft still exists?
Apparently it does according to a reddit thread I browsed by searching the current owners on Google.

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
I'd also find it funny if the name Vergeben's source has heard is actually fighter #6 and all the names on the deconfirmation list are actually fighters who can't be #6 rather than #5.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Hey guys what did I miss...

Oh, everyone is dead.

Well, that throws out basically any ideas I had. I honestly can't think of anyone outside of a Sony rep. That, or one of the leakers is just wrong, but we don't really have a reason to believe that.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Someone brought up Emily Rogers the other day and I felt like I aged five years instantly. I never hear about her anymore.
Takes me back to the days of 2016.

That SMX dude was an odd fellow...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What Sakurai comment are we talking about? Sorry, I’ve only seen Verge’s list.
The recent tweet from him suggesting that Ultimate's DLC will go on for "a little bit longer".

How you want to intrpret that is up to you but at most, it would suggest Ultimate won't be getting years and years of support like some might have thought.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Also, Verge/Sabi said that if they announce who the character is, their source will get caught, which means one of these three things:

1.Their source is, again baiting them. Heck, one of these disconfirmed companies could very well have a character as FP5. They could've just said it was a disconfirmed character in order to protect their non-disclosure agreement.

2. Verge and Sabi actually don't know and are doing this for attention since so many people believe them now. Never doubt people's thirst for attention seeking. They are not our friends. They're just people on the internet who are gambling on the aspect of five minute fame.

3. That they are actually right: The fifth character isn't from any of these companies. Because of this, their egos skyrocket, BUT that just means it's going to become even more likely that they WILL get a prediction wrong, thus ending their leaking streak and career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom