• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Um... did something happen last night? I noticed there's a surprising amount of pages from last night to now. Please don't tell me it's more deconfirmations...
Honey, you’ve got a big storm coming...

almost every big time company has been shot down. Including Nintendo. Some smaller ones too like Spike Chunsoft

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
All of those deconfirmations have gotten me worried that EA is getting a fighter, although Colonel Shepard (from Mass Effect) won't be that bad of a character to choose.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
The VGA host did say that there are 15 unannounced games that are gonna show up there. Wouldn’t be surprised if one of these 15 games had a character in Smash for promotion’s sake. But yeah, if every major company is disconfirmed then I honestly have no clue who it is lol.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wow so like 90% of what I thought was an overextensive list I made yesterday got killed overnight lmao. So here's what remained.

A Valve character (Chell, Heavy, etc)
Maxwell
A Rockstar Character (a GTA character, John Marston)
A Sony character (Kratos, Nathan Drake, etc)
A League of Legends character
An indie character (The Knight, etc)
Saber
A mobile character (Gran or Djeeta, Red from Angry Birds etc)
An EA character (Commander Shepard, Yarny, The Sims, Crazy Dave, etc)
Disney (Sora if you ignore Sabi, Guybrush Threepwood)
Cooking Mama
If you count him, Geralt

We're really reaching now. :p Either that or it's, like, Dirk the Daring or Civ Gandhi or the Oregon Trail Pioneer or something.

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
Good lord I was wondering why there's so many new pages, but seems like Vergeben killed off almost everyone. I can't believe we're arrived at the point where Saber is seriously considered lol. I would be thrilled because I've been a Fate fan from before the F/GO days, but it still feels a bit surreal to me.

Considering it's Vergeben's main source I imagine this person was behind the more significant leaks before. But I'm going to laugh if he's somehow misinformed and we've made all this fuss about a massive kill list for nothing.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Honey, you’ve got a big storm coming...

almost every big time company has been shot down. Including Nintendo. Some smaller ones too like Spike Chunsoft
The only big company that hasn't been shot down yet is Electronic Arts.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Wow so like 90% of what I thought was an overextensive list I made yesterday got killed overnight lmao. So here's what remained.

Maxwell
Saber
Cooking Mama
If you count him, Geralt

We're really reaching now. :p Either that or it's, like, Dirk the Daring or Civ Gandhi or the Oregon Trail Pioneer or something.
OOOOOOOO DIRK LOL I was low key hoping we’d get someone from Space Ace or Dragon’s Lair for the memes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gordon was already shot down, and EA is more likely to get a character than any of those companies.
You know Valve has more than just Half-Life, right? Including Portal, which is an absolute juggernaut that even Miyamoto is a huge fan of?

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
I feel like the final fighter is gonna be a Sony rep to cap off the 3rd party fighters for the first pass and the second pass (or just characters added) is gonna be first party switch reps.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Indie characters huh? If we aren't getting Spirit or Assist Trophy characters than it's gonna be Quote or Riemu. Shantae and Shovel Knight are out of the running, and I find it highly unlikely that it would be Frisk or Sans. Ori and Hollow Knight are also possibilities, but I don't have any confidence that it could be them.

King Author as a waifu is great.
This is now my favorite typo.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Chell finishing the pass... I could see it. Only problem is there'd be like, 5 Spirits in the Spirit Board. Turret, the bodies, Glados and Wheatley.

Beyond Spirits and maybe music beyond a few tracks, she doesn't sound wrong.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
As the Nintendo Switch is releasing in China soon, is there any franchises left with a heavy playerbase there that could be a possibility? To push help push the game?
I'm a little unknowable but could FP5 be connected to Tencent? The Game Awards is also airing in China.

I'm throwing random cards on the deck but can't rule it out.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I was wondering why people suddenly began to seriously speak of Sabers chances despite them initially writing her off. It's slightly humorous that everyone thought she was "Too niche for Smash" or wouldn't fit for #5 but then here comes Vergeben with his Reaper scythe of Deconfirmations and now people are seriously considering her.

I don't know. It's amusing to me.

SKX31

Smash Master
Gordon was already shot down, and EA is more likely to get a character than any of those companies.
Not exactly the point - we're debating companies that even have the slightest possibility (assuming the decons are correct of course)...

Or Valve. Or Sony. Or Rockstar. Or Riot.
Riot just so happens to be owned by the Elephant-Sized Penguin in the room:

5c6c1e0ac577a27db195c554532c57c8.jpg
[So that's where 20th Century Fox's iconic Searchlights went!]

5c6c1e0ac577a27db195c554532c57c8.jpg

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
So... I just woke up and saw over nearly 20 new pages. Give me a rundown on what just happened, because something big must've happened.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Maxwell
Saber
Cooking Mama
If you count him, Geralt

This reaching really is why I'm thinking some of these deconfirms gotta be bait lol.

I'm kind of with Shroob Shroob on this one. Like, how do you get a list of 20+ who it isn't, but can't tell us who it is? IDK, just seems super sketch to me ATM. I'm not throwing Verge out of course, but I'm entertaining the idea of leakbait just a little bit.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Right, but remember that this is the same man who said "We hope you aren't expecting too many new fighters" before giving us nine more in the base roster, one free DLC, and the promise of five more in the Pass. Maybe he's just bad at gauging things?
The base game still had the smallest number of newcomers for a Smash game, and only five of them weren't some kind of clone. I'd say the phrase is appropriate.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Chell finishing the pass... I could see it. Only problem is there'd be like, 5 Spirits in the Spirit Board. Turret, the bodies, Glados and Wheatley.

Beyond Spirits and maybe music beyond a few tracks, she doesn't sound wrong.
There's also the Defective Turret, the Companion Cube, and GLAD0S's cores.

EDIT: Grab all of those and you have about as much as Hero did.

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
It's probably Geralt, a Riot character, or some indie. Indie might just be disconfirmed b/c it'd be kinda weird that Shantae, Undertale, and Shovel Knight get spirits/mii costumes, but that indie gets a fully fledged character o.o

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
We don't have any sort of solid length for post-pass, do we?

Could be multiple seasons. Could be only one more season. Could be an extra 3 characters, before they tally everything Ultimate has and pack it up for 10 years.

Assuming Vergeben's list of "nopes" is accurate, 100%, it's gotta be Valve or EA, though many jumped to Sony as an "oh my god they did it". I still don't believe it, personally, but... I dunno.

The funny thing is, Sunflower has a better chance than Doom Slayer, Reimu, Crash Bandicoot, Ryu Hayabusa, Lloyd Irving, Heihachi Mishima, Jill Valentine, Leon Kennedy, and Phoenix Wright put together.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Can anyone tell me Sabi's and Vergen's opinion on King Zell's "Mario on Playstation"? Do those three know each other?

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
So I wake up and see that Verge (if he is to be believed on this one) has Thanos snapped a whole bunch of companies and characters.

A Sony rep is not out of the running either and I think people are definitely sleeping on characters like Kratos and Aloy. Both would be fairly unique characters.

But for all we know Verge got some faulty info.

Who knows, maybe that makes my pipe dream of Madeline and the Untitled Goose more likely now.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Sabi posted this last night tied to that 4chan leak thats still right(Horizen coming to PC, KH3 dlc date)

There was a problem fetching the tweet

They still don't say KOSMOS is deconfirmed because of Namco being deconfirmed, so they still aren't on board with verge on that. So far this 4chan leak is right, other then it being shown at the game awards, which is possible that they heard all these things but just assumed it was at the game awards

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
OOOOOOOO DIRK LOL I was low key hoping we’d get someone from Space Ace or Dragon’s Lair for the memes.
About twenty minutes of "Masahiro Sakurai Presents: Dirk the Daring" is dedicated to going over all of Dirk's KO animations.

D

Deleted member

I'm surprised that Vergeben's complete fall into the disconfirmation game is overshadowing this quote from Sakurai:

That seems like a hell of a lot more relevant of a thing to be speculating on since "a little longer" doesn't seem to imply the crazy continued Season 2 that I think a lot of people had in mind (let alone something like 10 more characters as found in data mining).
Didn’t sakurai said not to take his tweets too seriously or has he never said that?

D

Deleted member

About twenty minutes of "Masahiro Sakurai Presents: Dirk the Daring" is dedicated to going over all of Dirk's KO animations.
I would have loved that, ngl.

Dirk would have been quite an hilarious addition because of that alone.

D

Deleted member

Sabi posted this last night tied to that 4chan leak thats still right(Horizen coming to PC, KH3 dlc date)

There was a problem fetching the tweet

They still don't say KOSMOS is deconfirmed because of Namco being deconfirmed, so they still aren't on board with verge on that. So far this 4chan leak is right, other then it being shown at the game awards, which is possible that they heard all these things but just assumed it was at the game awards
Actualy even tho kosmos is MONOLITHSOFT she’s still a Bandai namco character.

sorry.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
I'd main him ngl.
I'd play every match like I'm playing Dragon's Lair for the NES.
Can't wait for him to have some of the most awful frame data the franchise has to offer.

D

Deleted member

So we pretty much had another Infinity War? I wasn't ready for this...

I need a hug :(
*hugs you*

Don’t worry, this chaos will cool down probably sometime after this month ends.

I believe post pass won’t be affected by all of these deconfirmations.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
bruh... if we got Dirk, it'd be so sick if he were hand drawn rather than a 3d model,

maybe even have the animations done by Bluth himself

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom