• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
This is getting uglier than the fire emblem waifu wars
"Getting?" Smash newcomer discussion has been ugly since the pre-Brawl days.

- Lip from Panel De Pon;
I really love the Puzzle League series. My first was Pokémon Puzzle League on N64, and ever since then I fell in love with the system, and looking back to it's root, trying Panel De Pon for myself, liking it as well. The track in Smash 4 was great, and she has an item, now give her a playable role and a stage, this way I would be really happy. Even though it's more of a pipe-dream, but I still support it heavily.
I wouldn't call Lip a pipe dream! Maybe she's a bit of a long shot, but now that Panel de Pon is over 20 years old, I have a feeling SSB5 is where she's finally going to get her dues. Even if it's only as an Assist Trophy. She's not even really Japan-only anymore, now that she's cameoed as a costume in New Leaf.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470

I wouldn't call Lip a pipe dream! Maybe she's a bit of a long shot, but now that Panel de Pon is over 20 years old, I have a feeling SSB5 is where she's finally going to get her dues. Even if it's only as an Assist Trophy. She's not even really Japan-only anymore, now that she's cameoed as a costume in New Leaf.
As said, ANYTHING Panel De Pon related would make me overjoyed with happiness!
There is a reason I really love to support the character! I also hope that the 20th year could mean something great for the fantastic series!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Oh yeah. It is really cool that Panel de Pon got in Animal Crossing along with Splatoon and Zelda. Animal Crossing should get more stuff from other Nintendo franchises besides Mario.

I always wanted to see Metroid furniture set and NES furniture sets based on Duck Hunt, Balloon Fight, and Ice Climber.

D

Deleted member

Here's a character that I'd like to see, Lolo from Adventure of Lolo, known as Eggerland in Japan, starting on the MSX in 1985 as Eggerland Mystery.

For those who are wondering, Lolo is a blue sphere who is the protagonist of the long-running puzzle series where you have to move blocks to the right place to enter the next level. It is simple but surprisingly satisfying and challenging as each level requires thining about every move you make, often resulting in many failures before moving on to the next level. At the start of the series, he was the prince of Gentry Land who rescued Lala, the princess of Eden Land (and the red sphere with a bowtie you see on the boxart) several times from King Egger of Eggerland before marrying her and becoming king and queen of both Gentry and Eden Land. Later they have a child named Lulu as shown in the Game Boy game Adventure of Lolo which reveals that Lolo is a master musician. I played the 1989 NES Adventure of Lolo and fell in love with not only the gameplay but also the characters.

For gameplay ideas, I'd like a play style that combines msuic, items, and putting it all together in a trap-basd gameplay. Like maybe when he plays the trumpet in a Side Smash, musical notes come out to damage his opponents nad a chance to freeze them so Lolo can get extra hits in. Or maybe for a special, he could summon a block and furiousl push towards the edge to trap an opponent, preventing them from recovering. Maybe someday I'll make a move set for him.

A fun fact about Lolo is that Eggerland is entirely owned by HAL Laboratory, making him a third-party. However, he has a long series of video games that streches up to the dawn of 21th century and during the late 1980s and early 1990s, Adventure of Lolo was a popular franchise. Satoru Iwata even worked on two games as a producer but I'm not sure which. If people are wondering what HAL Laboratory was like before Kirby came along, look no further. Personally I like the idea of a retro third-party from HAL Laboratory. It would give people an idea of what the company was like before Kirby, it would be easy to acquire legally and monetary, and it would be a fitting tribute to Iwata, one of the greatest minds of Nintendo this side of Miyamoto.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Here's a character that I'd like to see, Lolo from Adventure of Lolo, known as Eggerland in Japan, starting on the MSX in 1985 as Eggerland Mystery.

For those who are wondering, Lolo is a blue sphere who is the protagonist of the long-running puzzle series where you have to move blocks to the right place to enter the next level. It is simple but surprisingly satisfying and challenging as each level requires thining about every move you make, often resulting in many failures before moving on to the next level. At the start of the series, he was the prince of Gentry Land who rescued Lala, the princess of Eden Land (and the red sphere with a bowtie you see on the boxart) several times from King Egger of Eggerland before marrying her and becoming king and queen of both Gentry and Eden Land. Later they have a child named Lulu as shown in the Game Boy game Adventure of Lolo which reveals that Lolo is a master musician. I played the 1989 NES Adventure of Lolo and fell in love with not only the gameplay but also the characters.

For gameplay ideas, I'd like a play style that combines msuic, items, and putting it all together in a trap-basd gameplay. Like maybe when he plays the trumpet in a Side Smash, musical notes come out to damage his opponents nad a chance to freeze them so Lolo can get extra hits in. Or maybe for a special, he could summon a block and furiousl push towards the edge to trap an opponent, preventing them from recovering. Maybe someday I'll make a move set for him.

A fun fact about Lolo is that Eggerland is entirely owned by HAL Laboratory, making him a third-party. However, he has a long series of video games that streches up to the dawn of 21th century and during the late 1980s and early 1990s, Adventure of Lolo was a popular franchise. Satoru Iwata even worked on two games as a producer but I'm not sure which. If people are wondering what HAL Laboratory was like before Kirby came along, look no further. Personally I like the idea of a retro third-party from HAL Laboratory. It would give people an idea of what the company was like before Kirby, it would be easy to acquire legally and monetary, and it would be a fitting tribute to Iwata, one of the greatest minds of Nintendo this side of Miyamoto.
Would Lolo be third- or second-party? I thought Nintendo wholly owned HAL. Could be mistaken though.

I like Lolo, but if I had to pick a rep from HAL it’d be Qbby from the BoxBoy trilogy. More recent, probably at least partially owned by Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

Would Lolo be third- or second-party? I thought Nintendo wholly owned HAL. Could be mistaken though.

I like Lolo, but if I had to pick a rep from HAL it’d be Qbby from the BoxBoy trilogy. More recent, probably at least partially owned by Nintendo.
That’s a misconception regarding HAL Laboratory, they are not owned by Nintendo at all. Nintendo may have saved them but they did not buy them out, only bailed it out when Metal Gear Slayers flopped and put it in the red. It’s why Adventure of Lolo got a PC game late in the series life which HAL published.

Also BoxBoy is published by Nintendo so like Kirby, they and HAL have joint ownership. Adventure of Lolo is only owned by HAL, making him a third-party. Also there is no such thing as a second-party, that is a made up term people use to describe franchises with joint ownership like Pokémon.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I suppose I'll share my top ten newcomers, regardless if they're likely or not

10. Banjo & Kazooie
I mean, the dude was planned for 64 and Melee but was cut due to time restraints in 64 (like a lot of characters) and was cut from Melee due to the recent acquisition of RARE by Microsoft, but seeming as Microsoft has stated if Nintendo wanted to put Banjo in a smash game they'd be all for it, plus both Microsoft and Nintendo (besides being competitors in the console market and what not) seem to be buddy-buddys right now with the cross-play between them and Minecraft getting the Xbox exclusive content like the Halo-pack.
9. Dr. Eggman
I see people say make Tails, Knuckles or Shadow playable, meanwhile I'm here thinking "Why not add another iconic villain to smash" and to fill that want of mine along with giving SEGA/Sonic its second rep in smash, I believe the iconic Dr. Ivo 'Eggman' Robotnik deserves that spot! plus we'd also finally be able to have Bowser and Eggman clash with each other or against their rivals... in a non-sport minigame enviorment for once too!
8. Impa (Hyrule Warriors)
Impa is the only other character in the Zelda series (besides Tingle...kinda) that seems to be constantly reoccuring, though besides her appearance in OOT not many of her designs to be combat ready besides her appearance in Hyrule Warriors, so why not add her in?
7. Decidueye We need a grass type representative in smash ever since Ivysaur got cut, and for once it seems Smash won't be skipping a gen
eration of Pokemon this time around, so why not add the (arguably) most popular starter, Rowlet, but more specifically its final evolution, the ghost-grass type pokemon, Decidueye! I think he'd be quite fun to play with him using a combination of grass, flying, and ghost type moves.
6. Bandana Waddle Dee
I mean, this guy deserved a spot in smash 4 and didn't even get it... now some may say "He won't get in because Sakurai didn't make him" and to that I point to Kirby Super Star, the game this bandana wearing waddle dee made his appearance! Plus anyways, we don't have any spear users in smash, so it'd be quite unique to see his moveset and probably be very fun to play with as well.
5. Waluigi
Do I need to say anything? I'm pretty sure everyone has stated the reasons why this tall purple wearing dude should be promoted to playable fighter, I'd just be repeating what everyone has already said.
4. Sora
Now, here is a fighter people thought would also be playable in smash 4 due to how much he appeared on Nintendo systems, it just made sense for him to be the Square Enix rep if they ever put a character in smash... then Cloud happened and the rest is history, now I believe Sora could be given a second chance and get into smash! Though I would like to state, Sora's character rights are technically owned by Disney... so... we can have him and Cloud without it being a Mega-man and Ryu situation.
3. King K Rool
I feel like it'd be the same thing as Waluigi in here, everyone has stated everything and anything I could say, including he'd grow the DK representatives in smash and give us another (somewhat) iconic villain to play as!
2. Monokuma
Just a dream character of mine, smash in a sense is also a platform to promote games and their genres, and smash doesn't have any characters from the visual novel genre of games, and even though none of visual novels Monokuma has appeared in are on Nintendo platforms, but I think he'd be the perfect visual novel representative in smash due to all the moveset potential he has in comparison to someone like Phoenix Wright (even though I'd be fine with that lawyer getting in), but unlike Cloud, Monokuma has appeared on Nintendo systems through other game series, such as being a boss in Conception 2 and having an entire separate game mode dedicated to him in Attack on Titan 2 on the 3DS, that and if he gets into smash, we might see the Danganronpa games get ported onto the Switch, or maybe even gt the next game on there!
1. Sylux
We need a Metroid rep that isn't too disproportionate, we need a Metroid rep that's relevant, we need a Metroid rep that could be a Samus clone, we need a Metroid rep that isn't Samus! I believe Sylux to be the perfect fit, he isn't disproportionate like Ridley, he's relevant due to Federation Force (and possibly due to him playing a major role in Metroid Prime 4) and also being a Nintendo character with multiple appearances (Metroid Prime Hunters, Metroid Prime 3, Metroid Prime Federation Force, and possibly Metroid Prime 4, if it helps he was also a trophy in Brawl), he could have a 100% unique moveset and not be a Samus clone like Dark Samus or SA-X could be, and finally he isn't Samus, he isn't a form of her, he isn't a suit she wears, he's his own character... unless Prime 4 reveals he is actually a she and is a clone of Samus or something, but I doubt that would happen.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

10. Banjo & Kazooie
I mean, the dude was planned for 64 and Melee but was cut due to time restraints in 64 (like a lot of characters) and was cut from Melee due to the recent acquisition of RARE by Microsoft, but seeming as Microsoft has stated if Nintendo wanted to put Banjo in a smash game they'd be all for it, plus both Microsoft and Nintendo (besides being competitors in the console market and what not) seem to be buddy-buddys right now with the cross-play between them and Minecraft getting the Xbox exclusive content like the Halo-pack.
9. Dr. Eggman
I see people say make Tails, Knuckles or Shadow playable, meanwhile I'm here thinking "Why not add another iconic villain to smash" and to fill that want of mine along with giving SEGA/Sonic its second rep in smash, I believe the iconic Dr. Ivo 'Eggman' Robotnik deserves that spot! plus we'd also finally be able to have Bowser and Eggman clash with each other or against their rivals... in a non-sport minigame enviorment for once too!
Impa is the only other character in the Zelda series (besides Tingle...kinda) that seems to be constantly reoccuring, though besides her appearance in OOT not many of her designs to be combat ready besides her appearance in Hyrule Warriors, so why not add her in?
7. Decidueye We need a grass type representative in smash ever since Ivysaur got cut, and for once it seems Smash won't be skipping a gen
eration of Pokemon this time around, so why not add the (arguably) most popular starter, Rowlet, but more specifically its final evolution, the ghost-grass type pokemon, Decidueye! I think he'd be quite fun to play with him using a combination of grass, flying, and ghost type moves.
6. Bandana Waddle Dee
I mean, this guy deserved a spot in smash 4 and didn't even get it... now some may say "He won't get in because Sakurai didn't make him" and to that I point to Kirby Super Star, the game this bandana wearing waddle dee made his appearance! Plus anyways, we don't have any spear users in smash, so it'd be quite unique to see his moveset and probably be very fun to play with as well.
5. Waluigi
Do I need to say anything? I'm pretty sure everyone has stated the reasons why this tall purple wearing dude should be promoted to playable fighter, I'd just be repeating what everyone has already said.
4. Sora
Now, here is a fighter people thought would also be playable in smash 4 due to how much he appeared on Nintendo systems, it just made sense for him to be the Square Enix rep if they ever put a character in smash... then Cloud happened and the rest is history, now I believe Sora could be given a second chance and get into smash! Though I would like to state, Sora's character rights are technically owned by Disney... so... we can have him and Cloud without it being a Mega-man and Ryu situation.
3. King K Rool
I feel like it'd be the same thing as Waluigi in here, everyone has stated everything and anything I could say, including he'd grow the DK representatives in smash and give us another (somewhat) iconic villain to play as!
2. Monokuma
Just a dream character of mine, smash in a sense is also a platform to promote games and their genres, and smash doesn't have any characters from the visual novel genre of games, and even though none of visual novels Monokuma has appeared in are on Nintendo platforms, but I think he'd be the perfect visual novel representative in smash due to all the moveset potential he has in comparison to someone like Phoenix Wright (even though I'd be fine with that lawyer getting in), but unlike Cloud, Monokuma has appeared on Nintendo systems through other game series, such as being a boss in Conception 2 and having an entire separate game mode dedicated to him in Attack on Titan 2 on the 3DS, that and if he gets into smash, we might see the Danganronpa games get ported onto the Switch, or maybe even gt the next game on there!
1. Sylux
We need a Metroid rep that isn't too disproportionate, we need a Metroid rep that's relevant, we need a Metroid rep that could be a Samus clone, we need a Metroid rep that isn't Samus! I believe Sylux to be the perfect fit, he isn't disproportionate like Ridley, he's relevant due to Federation Force (and possibly due to him playing a major role in Metroid Prime 4) and also being a Nintendo character with multiple appearances (Metroid Prime Hunters, Metroid Prime 3, Metroid Prime Federation Force, and possibly Metroid Prime 4, if it helps he was also a trophy in Brawl), he could have a 100% unique moveset and not be a Samus clone like Dark Samus or SA-X could be, and finally he isn't Samus, he isn't a form of her, he isn't a suit she wears, he's his own character... unless Prime 4 reveals he is actually a she and is a clone of Samus or something, but I doubt that would happen.
When people say Dark Samus could be a clone of Samus and not her own character it just shows me how little they actually know of the character...

David James

Smash Cadet

10. Banjo & Kazooie
9. Dr. Eggman
6. Bandana Waddle Dee
5. Waluigi
4. Sora
3. King K Rool
2. Monokuma
1. Sylux
Good list man, respect

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
When people say Dark Samus could be a clone of Samus and not her own character it just shows me how little they actually know of the character...
I actually do know a lot about Dark Samus, I just think she doesn't have enough moves to be her own character completely and would at least be a semi-clone like Luigi, sharing some moves with Samus while also having her own unique ones as well, plus anyways, seeming as how Sakurai treated Dark Pit, a character that had enough potential to have his own unique moveset from Pit got made into a clone (Yes, I do know about how D.Pit, Lucina, and D.Mario were last minute additions because they had extra time to make them from alternate costumes to being character slots), I can easily see Sakurai and the team being lazy again and making Dark Samus a clone or at most a semi-clone of Samus, but your disappointment is understandable, I just think if there's a Metroid character deserving enough to be playable on the roster it's Sylux, and if it was an ideal world, they'd pull what they did to Fire Emblem in Smash 4 to Metroid in Smash 5 and give us Sylux, Dark Samus, and Ridley as playable fighters.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I actually do know a lot about Dark Samus, I just think she doesn't have enough moves to be her own character completely and would at least be a semi-clone like Luigi, sharing some moves with Samus while also having her own unique ones as well, plus anyways, seeming as how Sakurai treated Dark Pit, a character that had enough potential to have his own unique moveset from Pit got made into a clone (Yes, I do know about how D.Pit, Lucina, and D.Mario were last minute additions because they had extra time to make them from alternate costumes to being character slots), I can easily see Sakurai and the team being lazy again and making Dark Samus a clone or at most a semi-clone of Samus, but your disappointment is understandable, I just think if there's a Metroid character deserving enough to be playable on the roster it's Sylux, and if it was an ideal world, they'd pull what they did to Fire Emblem in Smash 4 to Metroid in Smash 5 and give us Sylux, Dark Samus, and Ridley as playable fighters.
I feel Dark Samus has got plenty to work with that would make her stand out from Samus...first of all she moves a lot differently than Samus having the ability to float and such, and the use of phazon could make for some seriously unique attacks which she could use a lot in her moveset...such as her phazon tentacles thingies which she uses in her assist trophy as a possible dsmash or down B...I've also had an idea for her that could make use of the damage scaling system where the more she uses her attacks the weaker they'd be and if she hasn't used an attack in a while they be exceptionally powerful...

My biggest problem with Sylux is it's still just a niche character from a spin-off title...it's had a couple teasers, sure, but those aren't exactly notable roles that its had in those respective games, as a result despite the promise for the future I'm still mostly indifferent to the character...I still want to see more of the character before I can really have a better opinion on it, especially since its only notable appearance was in Hunters which wasn't my most favoured title in the franchise...

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

Isn't this one of the bosses from Kirby's Dreamland?

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I feel Dark Samus has got plenty to work with that would make her stand out from Samus...first of all she moves a lot differently than Samus having the ability to float and such, and the use of phazon could make for some seriously unique attacks which she could use a lot in her moveset...such as her phazon tentacles thingies which she uses in her assist trophy as a possible dsmash or down B...I've also had an idea for her that could make use of the damage scaling system where the more she uses her attacks the weaker they'd be and if she hasn't used an attack in a while they be exceptionally powerful...

My biggest problem with Sylux is it's still just a niche character from a spin-off title...it's had a couple teasers, sure, but those aren't exactly notable roles that its had in those respective games, as a result despite the promise for the future I'm still mostly indifferent to the character...I still want to see more of the character before I can really have a better opinion on it, especially since its only notable appearance was in Hunters which wasn't my most favoured title in the franchise...
I mean, I can definitely see Dark Samus using her unique moves and movement abilities if she were to b playable, I just fear Sakurai might pull a Dark Pit on her or at most a Luigi, though ones attacks getting weaker the more they use them is an interesting concept and if one hasn't used in awhile is powerful is one as well. While, of course most Metroid fans would know she's not the same person as Samus I fear those who do not would get quite... pissed at the inclusion of a "third Samus".

Now I do admit Sylux's appearances are mostly cameos and not major appearances (Prime 3 and Federatiom Force) with said cameos being like am after-credits scene in modern marvel movies, building the next movie up or hyping up one that is to come out in the future and we barley know anything of him other than he acts rather ferociously and has quite the unexplained hatred for the Galactic Federation and Samus while also being Samus' "bounty hunter rival", and that he might be a master thief and infiltranist seeming as all his gear is stolen from the Galactic Federation and anything else has yet to be seen, but I believe the edge that makes him a tad more likely than Dark Samus or Ridley, besides the promises for Prime 4, is that Smash has been used to market and promote games multiple times in the past such as Roy and Marth in melee and Corrin in Smash 4, Sakurai himself stated they also add in characters from games that are currently being developed, the same goes for stages like the Yoshi's Wooly World stage in Smash 4 as that was a stage before the game even released, so if Sylux is getting a major role in Prime 4, I feel like to promote that game Sylux would be added to the roster over the other characters if we were only getting one more Metroid rep, since who knows, we might be getting two more or three more on the roster. Nonetheless I'd personally would want all three, but if we were only to have one then I feel like Sylux would be a good choice due to reasons I've already stated. I myself also have an entire moveset for Sylux written out, involves many of his electrical attacks going out like a sniper shot, setting up electrical trip-mines like he does in hunters when he drops his bombs in lockjaw formation, or shooting out a short range burst of electricity in front of him, some of those electric moves involves his opponents getting stunned while any electric-based moves also heal him for about 3-7% of damage as his electricity heals him when it makes contact with an opponent in hunters, but that's just it in summary.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I mean, I can definitely see Dark Samus using her unique moves and movement abilities if she were to b playable, I just fear Sakurai might pull a Dark Pit on her or at most a Luigi, though ones attacks getting weaker the more they use them is an interesting concept and if one hasn't used in awhile is powerful is one as well. While, of course most Metroid fans would know she's not the same person as Samus I fear those who do not would get quite... pissed at the inclusion of a "third Samus".

Now I do admit Sylux's appearances are mostly cameos and not major appearances (Prime 3 and Federatiom Force) with said cameos being like am after-credits scene in modern marvel movies, building the next movie up or hyping up one that is to come out in the future and we barley know anything of him other than he acts rather ferociously and has quite the unexplained hatred for the Galactic Federation and Samus while also being Samus' "bounty hunter rival", and that he might be a master thief and infiltranist seeming as all his gear is stolen from the Galactic Federation and anything else has yet to be seen, but I believe the edge that makes him a tad more likely than Dark Samus or Ridley, besides the promises for Prime 4, is that Smash has been used to market and promote games multiple times in the past such as Roy and Marth in melee and Corrin in Smash 4, Sakurai himself stated they also add in characters from games that are currently being developed, the same goes for stages like the Yoshi's Wooly World stage in Smash 4 as that was a stage before the game even released, so if Sylux is getting a major role in Prime 4, I feel like to promote that game Sylux would be added to the roster over the other characters if we were only getting one more Metroid rep, since who knows, we might be getting two more or three more on the roster. Nonetheless I'd personally would want all three, but if we were only to have one then I feel like Sylux would be a good choice due to reasons I've already stated. I myself also have an entire moveset for Sylux written out, involves many of his electrical attacks going out like a sniper shot, setting up electrical trip-mines like he does in hunters when he drops his bombs in lockjaw formation, or shooting out a short range burst of electricity in front of him, some of those electric moves involves his opponents getting stunned while any electric-based moves also heal him for about 3-7% of damage as his electricity heals him when it makes contact with an opponent in hunters, but that's just it in summary.
Biggest issue is, I personally don't think we're getting any Metroid characters...All three of the current biggest contenders have issues that hold them back...

Ridley's too big/disproportionate/awkward/etc...

Dark Samus is too late and irrelevant and canonically dead...

Sylux currently way too obscure and its still too early to be considered...

And Sakurai rarely adds a character specifically just to rep a series, with Pokemon being the only real exception, who's always got a lot of contenders to choose from with each game...
Though I do feel he may do so with Zelda seeing the demand for a newcomer for the franchise is relatively high, just not having any specific character stand out over others...

I also don't think he looks at a character and thinks of the backlash it will get otherwise we'll have very few newcomers added since pretty much everyone gets some sort of backlash...Smash 4 had a few controversial additions...
:4greninja::4wiifit::4darkpit::4lucina::4wiifit::4cloud::4corrin::4bayonetta:

Even Brawl...
:rob::zerosuitsamus::lucas::toonlink::wolf:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019

10. Banjo & Kazooie
9. Dr. Eggman
6. Bandana Waddle Dee
5. Waluigi
4. Sora
3. King K Rool
2. Monokuma
1. Sylux
Boy if Monokuma gets in I would probably explode with hype. I didn't add him to my list since I like mine to be entirely realistic, but he'd be on there otherwise.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Here are my newcomer choices for third party characters (not the best):

CAPCOM: Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney), Zero (Megaman X), Chun-Li (Street Fighter.)
Namco Bandai: Heihachi Mishima (Tekken) or someone from the Tales franchise.
SEGA: Tails, Dr. Eggman (both from Sonic the Hedgehog.)
Square-Enix: Slime (Dragon's Quest) or another Final Fantasy character.
Ubi-Soft: Rayman or the Rabbids.
Tecmo-Koei: Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) or Kasumi (Dead or Alive.)
Atlus: Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei), Yu Narukami (Persona 4), Joker (Persona 5).
Konami: Simon Belmont (Castlevania) or Bomberman.
SNK: Kyo Kusanagi (King of Fighters), Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) or Athena Asamiya (Psycho Soldiers.)
Level 5: Professor Layton or Jibanyan (Yokai Watch)
Microsoft: Banjo Kazooie

Last edited:

SonicT22

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3626-3994-1329
Ohhhh Smash Predictions hmmm lets see i'm thinking Shovel Knight, Shantae, Bandana Dee, Tails and hmmm lets go with something pretty obscure Yuelia from Fantasy Life.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Biggest issue is, I personally don't think we're getting any Metroid characters...All three of the current biggest contenders have issues that hold them back...

Ridley's too big/disproportionate/awkward/etc...

Dark Samus is too late and irrelevant and canonically dead...

Sylux currently way too obscure and its still too early to be considered...

And Sakurai rarely adds a character specifically just to rep a series, with Pokemon being the only real exception, who's always got a lot of contenders to choose from with each game...
Though I do feel he may do so with Zelda seeing the demand for a newcomer for the franchise is relatively high, just not having any specific character stand out over others...

I also don't think he looks at a character and thinks of the backlash it will get otherwise we'll have very few newcomers added since pretty much everyone gets some sort of backlash...Smash 4 had a few controversial additions...
:4greninja::4wiifit::4darkpit::4lucina::4wiifit::4cloud::4corrin::4bayonetta:

Even Brawl...
:rob::zerosuitsamus::lucas::toonlink::wolf:
Well, I won't deny you that characters additions were a bit controversial for those games, even if most were controversy over just being weird or the trailer trolling us into thinking it was a different character, or were just plain controversial.

You're probably right though, but we can dream right? Though as I stated Smash has been used to promote games this have yet to come out, so I'm sure we'll probably get something from Prime 4 or the Prime series in there, wether it be a stage or a playable character. I just hope it doesn't get to the point Sakurai has us begging for anything and we'd even settle for a generic Metroid to be playable.

Boy if Monokuma gets in I would probably explode with hype. I didn't add him to my list since I like mine to be entirely realistic, but he'd be on there otherwise.
Heheh, honestly I would too, mostly due to one of my favorite characters getting in smash, but also due to visual novels getting some representation in Smash. I think my own lists to be realistic, well 90% realistic anyways, then there's always the 10% that's the dream character and/or unlikely character with more of a chance than the dream character that probably won't get in but I really want to get in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Please avoid double posting. Edit your message instead(or ask for a merge if you double post by accident. You can either ask in the double post itself, or report the post for the Moderation. As we do not visit every thread, a report is often more useful).

David James

Smash Cadet
User was warned for this post
Please avoid double posting. Edit your message instead(or ask for a merge if you double post by accident. You can either ask in the double post itself, or report the post for the Moderation. As we do not visit every thread, a report is often more useful).

Quack Quack:4duckhunt:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
I think we will likely get another Metroid rep this go around.

If Ridley does not make it into the base game for whatever reason, I believe Sylux May be that rep as dlc if he is in MP4 as hinted. This DLC release would coincide with the release of MP4.

David James

Smash Cadet
Is anyone else excited about all the music we will get for smash switch?(64 soundtrack 2 hours, melee soundtrack 4 hours, brawl soundtrack 9 hours and smash wii u had 16 hours.) Amy new characters will also get hd renditions of their themes. Which newcomers would can you think of that would bring the coolest themes or tracks from their series?
Also I'm exited for all the new trophies we will get cause it will be like a nintendo museum in the palm of our hands.

StormC

Smash Hero
As far as Metroid goes, I think we get Ridley or we get nothing. Sakurai won't add an obscure character who has barely had a starring role as a "Metroid rep."

Dark Samus was probably the best candidate until it became clear it would never return.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Is anyone else excited about all the music we will get for smash switch?(64 soundtrack 2 hours, melee soundtrack 4 hours, brawl soundtrack 9 hours and smash wii u had 16 hours.) Amy new characters will also get hd renditions of their themes. Which newcomers would can you think of that would bring the coolest themes or tracks from their series?
Also I'm exited for all the new trophies we will get cause it will be like a nintendo museum in the palm of our hands.
Phoenix Wright's games have some of the hypest music ever, so I'm 100% OK with him getting in if only for a pursuit theme medley.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I could listen to remixes of Shin Onigashima forever, so maybe on the off chance we get more representation from there we’d get more killer guitar.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Neku could bring The World Ends With You's fantastic music.

D

Deleted member

The model would be totally different, so it would really **** with the hitboxes.

Call me crazy, but I can’t see Slippy with Fox’s super quick moveset, doing Fire Toad and Toad Illusion.
That's why Slippy would be like Wolf in that he just has a similar moveset theme, but "Slippified".

Example, he can't actually perform a quick dash like Fox Illusion/Falco Phantasm/Wolf Flash; he trips while attempting it.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I actually wouldn't mind Slippy making it in at some point. Just vastly prefer that Wolf returns and/or Krystal makes the cut first.

Slippy I don't see becoming a clone of Fox, or even a Wolf-esque derivative. I think Falco and Wolf both have skeletons based off of Fox's, but a character like Slippy would probably need a fresh start. Only moves I can see being cloned would be Fox's Neutral Special and Down Special. Side Special would probably be more of a leap than a dash. The Up Special I could see using a jet-pack that would function like Fire Fox, but wouldn't be multi-directional, just straight up with maybe a slight angle.

I should make a moveset for him someday.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
As much as I would like any additional Star Fox newcomer (Krystal will forever be my first choice despite how low the chances seem now), I'd still consider incredibly lucky if we even got Wolf back at this point, much less introduce yet another "clone" (I barely consider Falco one by this point, but sharing specials and what-ifs and all).

I actually wouldn't mind a Star Fox Guard inspired stage with Slippy/his uncle Grippy appearing in taunt codecs for Fox/Falco.

That Snake codec in Brawl featuring Slippy is still my favorite thing about that stage to this day.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I actually really like the idea of Slippy. He'd be cool, honestly. He's a memorable character and already has potential appeal, Airwing final smash. He'd look great using Fire Toad/Toad Illusion, I disagree.

Also, I like the gimmick of him slipping, messing up moves while damaging the foe. It'd look badass with the right attacks. Slippy would be addictively fun to play as.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom