• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Projared is not a member here, and attacking or defending him is not an excuse to be an ***hole to other forum members.
What? You really didn’t understand any of that? I’m saying what you can do with memes and why you don’t underestimate them. Projared is actually a great example. Don’t change the topic.
1575510271656.jpeg

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Well yeah but saying a new smash character is going to have a gimmick attached to them is like saying the sun will rise tomorrow.
True, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that DLC tends to have gimmicks that are more gimmicky than base game character gimmicks

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
In all seriousness, i really miss trophies. Collecting them was just as fun as playing the game.
I get that they don't want to deal with tons of 3d models from other games just to pose them but... they could've at least brought back something like 64's Character Viewer where you get a short blurb of a character and the ability to watch their animations play out. You already have all the models for assist trophies and characters and stage hazards, might as well make use of them.

Ultimate in general really lacks some basic QoL/content viewing features. Want to fight a specific boss as a specific character? Haha replay World of Light you idiot. Want to refight specific Spirit Battles (like one of the few that double as a decent Event standin or minigame)? Wait for it to reappear. Oh, the Spirit you want to fight is a Dojo Master? REPLAY WORLD OF LIGHT YOU IDIOT.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I was hoping to log in and find some juice today. Unfortunately, I was thinking in terms of "Verg narrowed down the list again" and not a certain user getting called out. Ahh well, just over a week until the game awards!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I was hoping to log in and find some juice today. Unfortunately, I was thinking in terms of "Verg narrowed down the list again" and not a certain user getting called out. Ahh well, just over a week until the game awards!
Juice? Sewage Water? What's the difference, we drink it up regardless. :072:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
If you're so high IQ then use some of those points to realize that being rude in general is a problem. :nifty:

You don't know Smashboards very well, do you? ****posters get annihilated eventually. Ask @punished faygo
****posters are just going to comeback with a different account. The internet isn’t for honest people who barely cause trouble. It’s just a multiple life system till the real person is caught or killed in real life. This is why I think we need to do something with the punishments, so there can be a degree of how it’s applied.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

****posters are just going to comeback with a different account. The internet isn’t for honest people who barely cause trouble. It’s just a multiple life system till the real person is caught or killed in real life.
Are you suggesting that we kill ****posters to stop them from ****posting
That's ****ing intense and not something I thought I would read tonight

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
****posters are just going to comeback with a different account.
Have you never heard of an IP ban? The only people who ever come back is the Korean group that tries to sell us keto.

The internet isn’t for honest people who barely cause trouble.
This is a pseudonymous board, you act like this is prison.

It’s just a multiple life system till the real person is caught or killed in real life.
Imagine being so heated from a ****post that you actually travel hundreds of miles just to kill someone in petty revenge. :224:

Don't be ridiculous, but I guess being ridiculous has always been your gimmick here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To bring it back to something, where'd you get that sweet avatar of Zelda?

Droodle

Smash Lord
Well, considering how much time I've killed today; at this point I'm just excited that the Game Awards are happening so soon.

taste3.jpg

I have 0 editing skills, so just pretend that Bucciarati is me; while Giorno is The Game Awards 2019.

This is going to look really awkward if we don't get a character revealed.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 249953
I have 0 editing skills, so just pretend that Bucciarati is me; while Giorno is The Game Awards 2019.

This is going to look really awkward if we don't get a character revealed.
Bruno be like: "Aw yes. Let me get a taste of that Death Stranding!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I get that they don't want to deal with tons of 3d models from other games just to pose them but... they could've at least brought back something like 64's Character Viewer where you get a short blurb of a character and the ability to watch their animations play out. You already have all the models for assist trophies and characters and stage hazards, might as well make use of them.

Ultimate in general really lacks some basic QoL/content viewing features. Want to fight a specific boss as a specific character? Haha replay World of Light you idiot. Want to refight specific Spirit Battles (like one of the few that double as a decent Event standin or minigame)? Wait for it to reappear. Oh, the Spirit you want to fight is a Dojo Master? REPLAY WORLD OF LIGHT YOU IDIOT.
The problem is that said blurb needs to be translated in 11 different languages and since there's over 1300 spirits that means writing a lot of text and translating that text into multiple different languages. The rest you have a point with.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Who are y'all hoping to see at TGA, assuming a reveal happens?
1575511143186.png 1575511156370.png

Just on a pure entertainment factor alone. Implying 3 Houses wins SGOTY, the difference between the audience and the salty internet would be astounding. The TGA audience cheers or claps, while a random reddit post screeches for refunds. Also seeing people being mad about Fire Emblem is funny nowadays.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Smash Bros. is a pretty cool video game and I would like Phoenix Wright to be in it.

I've had literal fantasies of Bomberman getting in. It opens with Wario walking in some unknown ruins looking for treasure. As he explores, suddenly, an explosion breaks the walls in front of him. Then as Wario examines what happened, Bomberman reveals himself by blowing Wario the **** up and being the next newcomer. From here, I get ****ing bewildered from him being upgraded because it shouldn't be possible.

Then we cut back to the CG trailer, and then Max ****ing shows up out of nowhere as an echo fighter. Now I'm losing it.

And as I'm losing it, a red laser beam just fires out of nowhere to interrupt the fight. Then suddenly Sirius from Bomberman 64 descends suddenly and then I have like a Maximilian Dood reaction because Sirius is a newcomer too and I'm like

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
View attachment 249957View attachment 249958

Just on a pure entertainment factor alone. Implying 3 Houses wins SGOTY, the difference between the audience and the salty internet would be astounding. Also seeing people being mad about Fire Emblem is funny nowadays.
I want 'em too, but mainly 'cause I think they're dope.

I could honestly care less what people think about FE and more FE characters in Smash. As long as they're fun and look cool, I'm down.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Projared is not a member here, and attacking or defending him is not an excuse to be an ***hole to other forum members.

Probably. You know who that isn't a problem for? Anyone whose default mood isn't being an ass.
Default mood? No. My default mood is ridiculously docile. Put me in a harsher environment, I’ll bite through steel in a calculated manner. Being direct with me over the smallest of things is guaranteed to piss me off sooner or later, because I normally expect people to act better most of the time. I go through a cycle of finding reliability in people to losing it.

There are so many things I consider simple and a lot of people find the ideas too complex.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
You know, last week I thought it'd be a fun idea to make countdown posts talking about each Ultimate newcomer as a way to celebrate the possible newcomer reveal at TGAs, but as I started making the count, I realized it was too late to get it started, that and that I am not good at long posts.

D

Deleted member

The Geno thread drama messed up our cult sh*t-post chain that we had going on! I was really having fun with those posts!
No petty drama should distract you from the light of Vergebenism, for our lord and savior will always protect you even when admonished and humiliated. Go forth, my child, back to the light.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Have I missed anything recently? Any updates from anyone?

Did Nintendo accidentally leak 5?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Verge hasn't deconfirmed Capcom yet, despite being asked about it frequently.

Almost like he CAN'T deconfirm Capcom.

phoenix-thinking(a).gif

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The Geno thread drama messed up our cult sh*t-post chain that we had going on! I was really having fun with those posts! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Not gonna lie, this is me when I pack a murder road trip to France because someone called me stupid over the internet at 3 AM

1575511570893.png

D

Deleted member

View attachment 249960

Bear in mind Vergeben isn't an army of clones who have as much time in the world as you, Wright. Neither is his source. Plus, it's not like Capcom is the only company or series he's being asked about.

Playing devil's advocate because I saw the opportunity

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Have you never heard of an IP ban? The only people who ever come back is the Korean group that tries to sell us keto.

This is a pseudonymous board, you act like this is prison.

Imagine being so heated from a ****post that you actually travel hundreds of miles just to kill someone in petty revenge. :224:

Don't be ridiculous, but I guess being ridiculous has always been your gimmick here.
For **** sake. I’m just describing the reality of the world. Anyone could’ve killed the internet user, even their spouses. It’s just saying there is a real life and a internet life.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The board is weird as ****. I get a harassment warning for getting pissed off at Twitter guy using obnoxious laughing images when my anger amounts to wanting him to come off as a jackass.
If you want him to come off as a jackass that's just inciting and harassment. :4jigglypuff:
Can you please stop calling that account a jackass?
Because I’m the jackass that runs that account.
IM THE ONE THAT RUNS THE PLANTMAN ACCOUNT!!!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I believe this is what the kids call "tempting fate"
Either I'm proven right, or my hopes are killed before TGA before they have a chance to grow too big and I don't have to watch that presentation in the hopes that Phoenix will win.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Y'know, I'm starting to think this particular DLC cycle is really dragging on too long.

Almost every day, there is a new argument or two.

Perhaps what this thread needs is a "chill" day, where the thread is locked for 24 hours so we can rest.

But that's just a thought that will be overlooked...

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
The same characters I always want to see:
Elenor Camuel from PSO, Kevin Keene from Captain N, Shantotto from FFXI, Haruka Amami from iM@S*, something from FFXIV, etc.

Though if we're going to go with "It needs to be big/topical" argument generally put forth,
  • a PSO2 character with a confirmation of a western Switch release**
  • Shantotto with an update on FFXI mobile
  • An FFXIV rep [A scion, Hildibrand, Estinien, etc.] (likely alongside a re-confirmation XIV headed to XB1)
  • Sakura Wars alongside an announcement of a port of Shin Sakura Taisen to Switch (or a Sakura Wars 1-5 Collection)
or
  • Captain N coming back after decades
should all be big enough to matter.

*Deconfirmation Schmee...confirmation...
**I'd still prefer a PSO character first, so Elenor with a Lisa echo to rep PSO2 would be amazing, but if it is PSO2 only, give us Matoi. Just please not Ash.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Perhaps what this thread needs is a "chill" day, where the thread is locked for 24 hours so we can rest.

But that's just a thought that will be overlooked...
Because that's honestly quite silly. They only close the thread in extreme derailings. This is just Wednesday.

untitled.png

This is a sight that scares me, though.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Smash Bros. is a pretty cool video game and I would like Phoenix Wright to be in it.

View attachment 249960
You two have already mentioned my hope for a TGA reveal... and even if Fighter 5 is someone else, there's always a chance for post-pass, so I'm not too worried about Wright not being revealed as Fighter 5.

... I just wish the Game Awards would get here quicker. After everything that has transpired between here and the Geno thread, I'm convinced and really worried that everyone's starting to go stir crazy for real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom