• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Off topic, but I recently got in Devil may Cry recently and I can see why people love Dante.

-Great Design.
-Good voice acting.
-Amazing moveset potential.
-Really likable personality.
-Would complete the Bayonetta-Dante crossover we want to see.

Yep, I support Dante for Smash.View attachment 249916
His taunts would be nothing but telling his opponents "**** you!"

I remember the vitriol of Donte's inclusion in Playstation All Star's, but at the time of that game's development it was actually Capcom's decision to use this version instead of the one the fans love.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Need I remind you that the main villain of the entire Metal Gear franchise is not in Smash?

ARMSTROOOOOOOOONGGGGGGGGG.jpg

Put him in. Smash could use some more memes, nanomachines.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I know the Nightmare/Namco discussion has long since died, but I'd like to bring up an IGN article relating to Sakurai's viewpoint on Namco-Bandai fighters, at least at the time of Smash 4's development. Mainly, "Just because the game is being cooperatively developed with Namco-Bandai involved, that doesn’t at all mean that they’d be given any special consideration for having characters in the game." Note that Sakurai has of course changed his mind before, and his ideology of third-party characters needing to be "a very special case" seems to have been broken this time around as well. I just think it's important to realize that in the eyes of Sakurai (and likely Namco themselves), Namco-Bandai is not owed any fighter.
I don't see how miis would put a dent in things...? They decided the extra DLC around E3, they could've delayed the missing mii costumes if they had another SE character and a Namco character in mind for after the first pass.

Though this is really just if they plan to upgrade Geno and either Lloyd or Heihachi.
Here’s the big thing, the miis are associated with so many different companies. They have to organize a schedule for them.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Why is there so much drama happening in the Geno thread currently? I don't agree with what he says half the time, but they are just jumping on that poor guy now. Though I do agree he should be called out on his BS!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Here’s the big thing, the miis are associated with so many different companies. They have to organize a schedule for them.
Alright, though I think they could still change plans for a few.

Also; if it's suspicious that Heihachi and Lloyd are missing since this was originally the only DLC we were getting, so they must be with a Namco character as FP5, then it must be suspicious that Geno and Chocobo are missing as well, and must be coming post-pass; but they'd have had to change plans for them, then.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Why is there so much drama happening in the Geno thread currently? I don't agree with what he says half the time, but they are just jumping on that poor guy now. Though I do agree he should be called out on his BS!
I think its mostly people on gamefaqs starting it out, and then others joining in.

I do agree it's a bit much, but I think it's mostly because people are upset at the Geno fans for listening to Fatman just because he supports Geno.

Needless to say, I'm not surprised that a ton of drama popped up on the Geno thread about it. I don't support either side, but I'm not surprised it happened.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Hey just a question was Travis Touchdown ever deconfirmed? I told my brother about all the characters and companies being shot down, and he asked about Travis Touchdown since he would be his most wanted if Namco is out of the running.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I'd like point out that the one thing each DLC newcomer (except for Plant unless you count the crouching footstool attack as one) has in common is that they have some sort of new mechanic or gimmick attached to them
  • Joker's Rebellion Gauge
  • Hero's MP and spell list
  • Banjo's Side Special having limited uses
  • Terry's two side specials and GO mechanic giving him two new special moves (said special moves being his Supers)
Hell, even the Smash 4 DLC newcomers brought new things with them
  • Ryu gave us command inputs (Ken and Terry also have these)
  • Cloud has the Limit gauge
  • Corrin doesn't have too much in this, but I guess the Pin would count as this
  • Bayonetta has her unique recovery and the Witch time thing

I think the only reason I didn't point this out sooner is because it just seemed obvious regarding the characters people are speculating about

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Hey just a question was Travis Touchdown ever deconfirmed? I told my brother about all the characters and companies being shot down, and he asked about Travis Touchdown since he would be his most wanted if Namco is out of the running.
Suda51 said he isn't in Smash... but for all we know it could be a PR stunt. Can't officially say.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Alright, though I think they could still change plans for a few.

Also; if it's suspicious that Heihachi and Lloyd are missing since this was originally the only DLC we were getting, so they must be with a Namco character as FP5, then it must be suspicious that Geno and Chocobo are missing as well, and must be coming post-pass; but they'd have had to change plans for them, then.
Geno is ridiculously in terms of legal issues, chocobo is irrelevant because Hero and how Final Fantasy is given a big f u by Sqaure, and Namco doesn’t have a single costume in the game.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd like point out that the one thing each DLC newcomer (except for Plant unless you count the crouching footstool attack as one) has in common is that they have some sort of new mechanic or gimmick attached to them
  • Terry's two side specials and GO mechanic giving him two new special moves (said special moves being his Supers)

I think the only reason I didn't point this out sooner is because it just seemed obvious regarding the characters people are speculating about
Well yeah but saying a new smash character is going to have a gimmick attached to them is like saying the sun will rise tomorrow.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
We Playstation All-stars now.
Then it is settled

Knocking opponents offscreen is now disabled in version 7.0.0

KO's can only be done by final smashes now :4pacman:
Don't worry, just wait ~5 minutes until Vergeben comes out yet again to murder more companies.
inb4 Arc System Works and Capcom are next on the chopping block. I might've cursed those two companies.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Been tweaking my Syrup for a bit, wanted to throw what I have up here. I think I'm almost done, just need to tweak some deforms and add some more materials.
syruprender2.png

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Geno is ridiculously in terms of legal issues, chocobo is irrelevant because Hero, and Namco doesn’t have a single costume in the game.
-Chocobo still isn't in the game, and is from Final Fantasy so, no, Hero doesn't make it irrelevant
-They got a Geno spirit as well as a Mallow spirit, and a Geno costume last game. Square isn't as stingy as everyone says they are, plus Geno is just between Square and Nintendo so all they have to do is go to Square themselves instead of having to pay people who demand high prices for music and whatever the heck else

Don't cherry pick.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I'll lose no sleep if you don't take me seriously. But I'm glad someone is finally spilling the kool-aid.
Did you call them a cult because I called them a cult or you recognized them as a cult a long time ago?

Droodle

Smash Lord
You guy's are everything wrong with this community. Maybe we wouldn't need to form "echo chambers" if you all weren't ****ing assholes.
Most people on here don't really care at all. Like seriously the last couple pages have been nothing but poop-posts.

Stop being offended at this entire thread when 90% of us don't care at all. Go to gamefaqs and talk to them, or go back to the Geno thread.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
A guy leaves for one day and you guys fill ten pages with lame jokes.

Either the mods did a suicide pact or it all went down lightning fast, in which case, I think I'm impressed.
Didn't the aforementioned multi-page ****post extravaganza start not too long after one of the mods (Desert Bloom, I think) made a post here specifically saying to not post memes?

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
-Chocobo still isn't in the game, and is from Final Fantasy so, no, Hero doesn't make it irrelevant
-They got a Geno spirit as well as a Mallow spirit, and a Geno costume last game. Square isn't as stingy as everyone says they are, plus Geno is just between Square and Nintendo so all they have to do is go to Square themselves instead of having to pay people who demand high prices for music and whatever the heck else

Don't cherry pick.
I’m saying the legal stuff with Geno is really dumb and Final Fantasy’a absence doesn’t have anything to do with suspicious activities.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I’m saying the legal stuff with Geno is really dumb and Final Fantasy’a absence doesn’t have anything to do with suspicious activities.
Geno doesn't have any legal issues, just like any other 3rd party character. You go to Square with a fat stash of money, and they either accept Geno in Smash; or they don't.

The problem is will Sakurai go to Square and ask for Geno? and will Square accept?

I think a lot of people just assume that Sakurai is a HUGE supporter of Geno because he thought that Geno would be cool to add a long time ago; but we have no idea how much Sakurai actually likes Geno. For all we know, Geno could be a character alongside 30-40 others that Sakurai thought would be cool to add, but decided against it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
How is the legal stuff with Geno dumb? It's no different than any other third-party character's aside from Geno belonging to a first-party franchise despite his third-party ownership, but he isn't difficult to negotiate. The music he'd bring is also much easier to negotiate for since Yoko Shimomura is already on the Smash composer team and she doesn't demand ridiculous prices.

And how come Chocobo and Geno missing means nothing but Lloyd and Heihachi do?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Phoenix wright: Court record and evidence collecting (Like MVC3)

Sora: Keyblade transformations and flowmotion

D

Deleted member

You guy's are everything wrong with this community. Maybe we wouldn't need to form "echo chambers" if you all weren't ****ing assholes.
Isn't this coming from the man who likes to **** on other peoples characters? Honestly, as a man who supports multiple potential newcomers, I found way more support for actual discussion here rather than being told my character sucks on a daily basis because it isn't Geno.

There are some cool people in the Geno thread, but you're showing me why I avoid that place.

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Did you call them a cult because I called them a cult or you recognized them as a cult a long time ago?
This isn't the first time I've drawn those parallels, and I've been questioning Fatman's behaviour and tactics since even before the whole starling thing. Usually it was in the Geno thread instead of here, which obviously didn't make me the most popular person there. But I don't really care, licking boots isn't my thing. I've since started frequenting that thread more sparingly, since it only got more pronounced over time.

I was unaware you made similar statements, but I was aware that prior to today's events, I was not the only one of that opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom