• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Game theory: Phoenix is the fifth and last pass rep because he took the longest to make, as he’s really a Phoenix/Maya tag-team like Ice Climbers but more advanced.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Keep an eye out today and tomorrow just in case. Nintendo Versus posted the Resident Evil Spirit Board last Tuesday a little past 8:00 EST. They posted the SwSh one two Wednesdays ago around 2:00 EST.
If Ace Attorney gets Spirit Board-ed now... I'd be sad, but still fine with it, knowing Phoenix Wright was never guaranteed, and there's always post-Pass. It would essentially be ripping the band-aid off now instead of later.

... although, it would be quite the **** Gumshoe move if an Ace Attorney Spirit Board doesn't get announced until the day before the Game Awards.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

See, as cool as Sora could be, it would be so weird seeing ©Disney in Smash.

Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION / Disney

It's...something...

I.D.

Smash Lord
You got a source for that?
For some reason I can't find PAL sales anywhere other than VGchartz which bring the number up to 3.6 million, however
US sales (1.85 million): http://www.the-magicbox.com/Chart-USPlatinum.shtml
Japan sales (400K): https://web.archive.org/web/20081230005328/http://www.japan-gamecharts.com/n64.php
Those alone already put it at above 2.2 million and there's also this: https://web.archive.org/web/19990830171428/http://www.gamespot.com/milia/0212/ecc/index.html
which reports a revenue of €26 million in the European Union alone.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

don't worry, no deconfirmations this time. 1 year Anniversary Spirit Board!

...which means something BIGGER is coming...

D

Deleted member

Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION / Disney

It's...something...
thanos confirmed for post-pass dlc

D

Deleted member

You got a source for that?
VGCharts puts total sales for BK at 3.65 million but I can't find anything more concrete
It wasent
What he said is that they Don’t know the identity of the female
Can't know the identity of a character that doesn't exist
Besides he also claimed that there would be a character from a company/series already in Smash so unless that one and the female character are one in the same Terry killed his claims dead

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I just noticed how Nintendo seems to love helping Minecraft advertise all of their new things...I think he's coming bois.
They have been supporting so many things. I think what matters are things Nintendo are pushing and what Sakurai can work with. Nintendo is pushing games like “Hollow Knight: Sliksoul” or “Minecraft”, Sakurai is extremely biased for certain characters/games and can be public about them (think xenoblade 2, persona 5, and SNK).

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

It's...something...
I mean if you want to get technical Microsoft and Bandai aren't game companies either, they just have game divisions and own game IP's.

So Disney wouldn't be all that different as they too own game IP's.

D

Deleted member

thanos confirmed for post-pass dlc
But Thanos is a Fortnite character. You'd need that Epic Games copyright.

I mean if you want to get technical Microsoft and Bandai aren't game companies either, they just have game divisions and own game IP's.

Yeah, but neither of those companies are Disney.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman

Ken is being executed before he leaks anything else.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

An anniversary Spirit Board? That's cool, but I've no idea what spirits it would have (especially since I can't read Japanese).

Also, that giant flaming Smash logo... imagine if Fighter 5's reveal trailer was just like the very first Smash Ultimate trailer, which started off looking like the Splatoon trailer before showing a giant flaming Smash logo.

D

Deleted member

It's...something...
Assuming that most of the Disney-related stuff that is associated with Sora is not scrapped.

That's interesting. Perhaps I got the feeling of people datamining the event such that they will check if any possible Spirits for the 5th fighter. This is an improbable case after all.

BlackInk

Smash Lord

So the source could be trolling with us...

KillerCage

Smash Master

I like the fact that everyone in that thumbnail is someone who wasn't present in Smash 4 or exclusive to Smash Ultimate.
Did anyone else notice that?

andree123

Smash Ace

Also, the Inkling's eye has a smash logo just like in the first trailer of ssbu.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
For some reason I can't find PAL sales anywhere other than VGchartz which bring the number up to 3.6 million, however
US sales (1.85 million): http://www.the-magicbox.com/Chart-USPlatinum.shtml
Japan sales (400K): https://web.archive.org/web/20081230005328/http://www.japan-gamecharts.com/n64.php
Those alone already put it at above 2.2 million and there's also this: https://web.archive.org/web/19990830171428/http://www.gamespot.com/milia/0212/ecc/index.html
which reports a revenue of €26 million in the European Union alone.
VGCharts puts total sales for BK at 3.65 million but I can't find anything more concrete

Can't know the identity of a character that doesn't exist
Besides he also claimed that there would be a character from a company/series already in Smash so unless that one and the female character are one in the same Terry killed his claims dead
Oh, well VGCharts is notorious for being unreliable, so unless there's another source for that number I'm confident in the number I gave.

Phew! Bullet dodged there. Now, I'm actually feeling like we might get that anniversary Direct.

But, if we don't... Can you imagine having a Spirit Event the day before TGA where someone's disconfirmed?

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Also, that giant flaming Smash logo... imagine if Fighter 5's reveal trailer was just like the very first Smash Ultimate trailer, which started off looking like the Splatoon trailer before showing a giant flaming Smash logo.
It's the End of an Era cinematic from FFXIV, only with Galeem inside of Dalamud instead of Bahamut.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I adore how my three mains (Pokemon trainer, Terry and Joker) are grouped together in this poster.

D

Deleted member

[twitter post]

All the newcomers and returning characters absent from Smash 4 are in this. That's a nice touch.

D

Deleted member

Oh, well VGCharts is notorious for being unreliable, so unless there's another source for that number I'm confident in the number I gave.

Phew! Bullet dodged there. Now, I'm actually feeling like we might get that anniversary Direct.

But, if we don't... Can you imagine having a Spirit Event the day before TGA where someone's disconfirmed?
I don't see that coming.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I know we're not playing the "what was relevant at the time" game
We are not?

I guess that game only applied to Brawl and SSB4.

Hope we can play that game again in Smash 6 now that Meowth and Toad are finally getting some love in their respective franchises.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman

From Google Translate (this is a rough translation):
[Spirit Event] For 3 days from 12/6 (Friday), “Thank you! During the period, the experience points and SP that can be obtained after the battle will be tripled, and you will also receive an additional item of “50% damage”.
Basically what this means is that in celebration of Ultimate's 1-year anniversary so after defeating a spirit the experience and SP will be tripled while getting a "50% damage" item. Does this mean an announcement? Probably. I'm still thinking a Game Awards reveal, unless they announce something tomorrow or Thursday.

Also on the plus side, nobody got deconfirmed from this event, so that's nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom