• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexodus

Smash Cadet
Potentially unpopular opinion? I like spirits and I'm excited for the possibility of more 3rd party Spirit Events!

It can be disappointing that a series would only be limited to PNGs and an event battles, but I'd rather have some content in Smash than none. For example, Killer Instinct has close to no chance of being a having playable character in Smash, but I could easily visualize and appreciate a Spirit Event for the game series.

What series would you like to see for Spirit Events in the future?
While I'm hoping for an actual fighter, and think Fox's recent activity points to it being a lot more plausible than people think...

I'd take even something as plain and simple as an Undertale Spirit Event if it meant the series' representation wasn't limited to freaking Sans. I'd rather have glorified PNGs of Flowey, Toriel, Frisk, Papyrus, etc, than have a costume of the Funny Meme Skeleton be the sole, entire presence of the series in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Potentially unpopular opinion? I like spirits and I'm excited for the possibility of more 3rd party Spirit Events!

It can be disappointing that a series would only be limited to PNGs and an event battles, but I'd rather have some content in Smash than none. For example, Killer Instinct has close to no chance of being a having playable character in Smash, but I could easily visualize and appreciate a Spirit Event for the game series.

Just... one png, Sakurai.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I think Fighter 5 will be...most disturbing...

That's right, MissingNo. is gonna be official, and he's coming to Smash.

View attachment 249352
I'm Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this would be a good idea (I want a Fighter (in any Fighting game) that's based on using Glitches)

Also why are so many of you guys sleeping on Reimu?

Goombaic

Smash Ace
You’re forgetting Spike Chunsoft m8

(I know its slim, but still)
Spike has been shafted from Smash Ultimate. There isn't even 999 spirits nor tracks from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and that's a travesty. I don't even really want a fighter for them, just an acknowledgement of their existence (a character from Danganronpa or Zero Escape would be a cool addition, though).

D

Deleted member

I'm Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this would be a good idea (I want a Fighter (in any Fighting game) that's based on using Glitches)

I am unironically a strong Reimu and Saber Artoria supporter.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Watch tomorrow Verge actually say its X...

Then we begin debates on why they're a good pick and why they're a bad pick. Then we get told its not them by Sabi and move on.
I read that as X as in the Megaman character and got excited for a sec there...
I wish he was in.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

If Steve won't be a fighter, I would like some Minecraft spirits at least.

So:

-Steve & Alex
Steve and Alex.png

-Creeper
Creeper3.png
-Ender Dragon
-Wither
-Enderman
-Ghast
-etc.

They could all be in the same style; I'd like their ingame look, too.

I'd also like Undertale spirits and more Rareware spirits based on their games.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Because she's not my most wanted so I hate her and she sucks.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Star Ocean, Trauma Center, General Rare (w/cut Jet Force Gemini and Blast Force Spirits, maybe a Conker Spirit too), Disgaea, Danganronpa, Hyperdimension Neptunia with all four Spirits being of the four CPUs and they evolve into their HDD Forms... Green Heart will have to be censored to hell and back tho

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Because I don’t see her being revealed front and center in a western game show with a western audience watching it

also I prefer Shantae more

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Because I don’t see her being revealed front and center in a western game show with a western audience watching it
People also told me that Banjo and Eight from DQ8 would not get revealed together at E3 due to it being a western-centric event.

But it happened.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
You’re forgetting Spike Chunsoft m8

(I know its slim, but still)
Several others too...

Looks like so far, the companies that haven't been deconfirmed for FP5 (that I know of and going off a list I found on reddit) are
  • Microsoft
  • Sony
  • Square Enix
  • Capcom
  • Sega
  • Activison
  • EA
  • Valve
  • Nintendo
  • Spike Chunsoft
  • Arc System Works

Might as well rule several of them out for reasons (don't take these seriously, these are just my guesses)
  • Microsoft, Square Enix, and Sega can be ruled out since they already got their fighters (Banjo, Hero, and Joker respectively) and I don't think that a company would get 2 DLC fighters in the same pass (Post Pass, they likely will)
  • Valve can probably be excluded because they don't really have anything on a Nintendo system (if we are still going with that "must be on Nintendo" fan rule) and most of their stuff is usually on PC, Mobile, or VR with the occasional console port.
  • Activision can possibly be ruled out after that Overwatch event got canceled and just the general bad PR Activision is generating
  • EA can be ruled out because I'm pretty sure they hate Nintendo (either that or the consoles don't mesh well with EA's crap)
  • Sony can possibly be ruled out for a similar dislike for Nintendo (that one is more due to the SNES-CD thing unless things changed)
This leaves us with the following from that list
  • Capcom
  • Nintendo
  • Spike Chunsoft
  • Arc System Works
Ignoring those that have been "deconfirmed" (if you buy that) and those you mentioned...

• Idea Factory
  • NCSoft
  • Nexon
  • Jagex
  • THQ Nordic
  • Koei-Tecmo
  • Kadokawa Games
  • Riot Games
  • Marvelous
  • Natsume-Atari
  • Natsume Inc.
  • Cooking Mama Limited
  • Majesco/LMG
  • Disney/LucasArts
  • Shanghai Manjuu
  • Quintet (if it still exists in any form...)
  • Warp
  • Team Shanghai Alice
    • Other Indies

and a lot more I'm forgetting, I'm sure...
Plus, as others have mentioned:
Nitro-Plus
Nicalis
Mages Inc.
Type-Moon

As far as Sony reps go, lets get some love for this guy:
Legitimate spoilers for Forbidden Siren, so if you were ever actually planning to play it keep that in mind.

I just love how he goes from a typical, weak-ass high-school loser to this:

And it actually gets more ridiculous.

Also, this bouncy girl

Or Ellen. But I don't feel like tracking down a good clip there, so just go play Folklore. <_<

D

Deleted member

People also told me that Banjo and Eight from DQ8 would not get revealed together at E3 due to it being a western-centric event.

But it happened.
Nintendo E3 was also streamed in Japan. Tga is a different story

D

Deleted member

also I prefer Shantae more
IF anything, it should be a Direct, like...on Smash's anniversary.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Touhou, a long-running Japanese indie series that isn't officially translated in any form sans fanmade spinoffs that only appeal to people already fans of the series, is very likely not going to be revealed at TGA, a Western-exclusive awards ceremony and game show.

Even Persona 5 at the very least released over here, lol.

D

Deleted member

Ubisoft got deconfirmed by Vergeben, among several others including Nippon Ichi Software, Falcom, Level-5, and most surprising of all, Bandai-Namco.

You might've missed it yesterday.
Probably.

I wasn’t online.

D

Deleted member

Touhou, a long-running Japanese indie series that isn't officially translated in any form sans fanmade spinoffs that only appeal to people already fans of the series, is very likely not going to be revealed at TGA, a Western-exclusive awards ceremony and game show.

Even Persona 5 at the very least released over here, lol.
And was nominated goty once

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If there's gonna be a reveal at the Game awards I think the character in question would probably belong to a series that's actually been at the game awards. But that's just me.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I know this is probably just wishful thinking through rose tinted glasses, but I really think that people are sleeping on the possibility for Monokuma (or any Danganronpa rep)

My reasoning is explained here.

I’ll explain.

Sakurai has praised the Danganronpa creator in the past for his work, and Spike & Nintendo have had a pretty chummy relationship. Not only is his competition getting smaller, but Sakurai himself has completely debunked the relevancy argument. And he would fit PERFECTLY with what Reggie said at the VGAs last year, with characters “you would not anticipate”, and Sakurai “looking for unique characters”.

Its still a slim chance, but it is a chance nonetheless.

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
Ubisoft got deconfirmed by Vergeben for the #5 spot, among several others including Nippon Ichi Software, Falcom, Level-5, and most surprising of all, Bandai-Namco.

You might've missed it from yesterday.
Why would he know something trivial like what companies arent going to have a smash character? I don’t recall him ever leaking things this way

D

Deleted member

I know this is probably just wishful thinking through rose tinted glasses, but I really think that people are sleeping on the possibility for Monokuma (or any Danganronpa rep)

My reasoning is explained here.
I've heard nothing but good **** about Danganronpa. Borderline Persona-level of hype, at least that's how I see it; I could be wrong.

That's a good reasoning there.,

D

Deleted member

People are sleeping on beds or on the floor.

Jokes aside, I literally can’t imagine a highly likely pick right now

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Antinomy of Common Flowers has an official English patch. It is coming to PS4 and Switch, so I'd expect the translation to be available there as well.

Aside from that though, those fan-games are actually a lot of people's entry into the series.
I'm not a fan of shmups, but platformers, Castlevania-clones, and the like? That catches my attention. Then I tried the official fighting games from there.

D

Deleted member

Antinomy of Common Flowers has an official English patch. It is coming to PS4 and Switch, so I'd expect the translation to be available there as well.

Aside from that though, those fan-games are actually a lot of people's entry into the series.
I'm not a fan of shmups, but platformers, Castlevania-clones, and the like? That catches my attention. Then I tried the official fighting games from there.
But is it getting localized tho?

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
If Minecraft gets an spirit event. Does that technically make Vergeben's record 100% accurate?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom