• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Good morning everyone.

You guys spent the last few pages debating over DLC, Spirits, and 4th party reps. Also too much Wright discussion.

Typical everyday discussion if you ask me. I've got nothing new to offer at the table for the moment.
Hey now, ain't no such thing as "Too much Wright discussion".

We're just gettin' ready for lawyer time.

Douglas J. Walker 94

Banned via Warnings
Fyi, I'm from the Philippines. It's 5:00 AM from here.
Oh. Terribly sorry about that. This is my first time chatting with you and your buddies on the Smashboards Newcomer page.

BTW. As far as discussion's on Geralt and how he's from a book series.

Didn't Sakurai state that Smash Ultimate will only consist of Video Game Content? Not film, book, t.v show content?

Much like the possibility adding Kos-Mos after he made that comment on how Smash Ultimate is only for good boys and girls.

Adding in Geralt after that speech at the Japanese Game Awards would make Mr. S look more like a bigger hypocite than Bill Clinton giving a high school lecture about how sexual harassment is a giant no-no and could lead you into so much trouble if your an elected official.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'm honestly disappointed people are saying Capcom should have 10 more newcomers. Clearly they deserve at least 15
Amaterasu, Susano, Waka, Oki, Chibiterasu, Rao. . .

Good Morning??? It's late in the afternoon (3:58 p.m). Did you not sleep well last night mam?
There are more countries on the earth than just the US.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Actually, CDPR got the rights to any videogame usage of the Witcher in perpetuity, so that's what the writer was pissed off about (his books became mainstream because of games but he wasn't seeing money from them).

So while the guy might probably *****, there's nothing that requires negotiating with him.
I'm pretty sure if Goku wasn't such a copyright nightmare then Nintendo would've put him in already with zero care for the non-videogame characters rule. Geralt doesn't have that problem so it's possible to see him, especially since Witcher is more known for it's video games than for it's books.

SKX31

Smash Master
All we need now is some Marvel characters and we could just make Smash into Marvel vs Capcom 4.
Hell, one could go fully broke. Either:

A) Marvel vs. Capcom vs. Nintendo

Or:

B) Project Y No. T (PXZ sequel featuring Capcom, Namco, Sega and Nintendo alongside Disney, Pixar, Lucasfilm/Lucasarts and Marvel).

Ah yes, my favorite time of the day. Objecting and pointing fingers dramatically at each other, etc. And then, the dramatic revelations.

D

Deleted member

All of these Phoenix conversations are starting to feel trite if you ask me.

godot-coffee-gif-8.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I'm kinda tempted to start a new thread discussing possible Nintendo vs Capcom rosters. There's so many good options for that game it's almost criminal it hasn't happened yet.

Capcom, we get it, you had a good run with Marvel. But they have a new, mouse-shaped boyfriend who seems more interested in creating movie tie-ins than well-polished games. We are the final piece of the Capgod puzzle.

Alternatively just go balls-to-the-wall and make Project x Zone 3, bringing Nintendo in formally with Konami, Square Enix, Microsoft, and SNK.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm kinda tempted to start a new thread discussing possible Nintendo vs Capcom rosters. There's so many good options for that game it's almost criminal it hasn't happened yet.

Capcom, we get it, you had a good run with Marvel. But they have a new, mouse-shaped boyfriend who seems more interested in creating movie tie-ins than well-polished games. We are the final piece of the Capgod puzzle.
Nintendo should be Capcom's new home right now. Disney is probably a mixed bag right now.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure if Goku wasn't such a copyright nightmare then Nintendo would've put him in already with zero care for the non-videogame characters rule. Geralt doesn't have that problem so it's possible to see him, especially since Witcher is more known for it's video games than for it's books.
I don't think so, Sakurai seems pretty firm about the non-videogame characters rule (for one, aside from Goku he also cited Iron Man, a character who would only require licensing with a single company).

But with a character like Geralt, who is basically a de facto videogame character, I can see the exception being made. I mean, let's not forget that SMT started out as novels.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Good morning everyone.

You guys spent the last few pages debating over DLC, Spirits, and 4th party reps. Also too much Wright discussion.

Typical everyday discussion if you ask me. I've got nothing new to offer at the table for the moment.
Aww, but I was so looking forward to hearing you complain about the lack of female fighters for the 50th time. I was sure this time would have you convince me.

D

Deleted member

Aww, but I was so looking forward to hearing you complain about the lack of female fighters for the 50th time. I was sure this time would have you convince me.
Let's...not delve deeper into that discussion right now, shouldn't we? I'm not in the mood for it at the moment.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Yeah. I'm just saying that primary and secondary colors isn't exactly true, especially since there's several characters using some shade of Gray like Wolf or Snake.
what if the source disconfirms crash and tracer because he’s trying to lead us to an orange background?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
They pick primary and secondary colors.
They’ve picked other colors, it’s more-likely whatever color they think looks good with the character or makes sense in some way. My point was just that the next character’s color doesn’t have to be orange and could even be a different shade of blue than Terry’s.

The conversations are obviously private. However, it does imply Sakurai is doing these weird exchanges for a reason, he’s testing them.
Yes, test them to see if they slip and make recording take even longer. This is a big stretch, and Sakurai never hints way ahead of a reveal, only a day or less beforehand if he hints at all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The conversations are obviously private. However, it does imply Sakurai is doing these weird exchanges for a reason, he’s testing them.
This argument you brought up about this namco thing in terry’s vid is a humongous coincidence just like the dig tweet from the Xbox game pass twitter. Wow lol

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Goku's not that much of a copyright nightmare. If Namco can make Jump crossovers which utilize multiple properties with rights strung across multiple mangaka and anime studios, I think they could work things out to get Goku if they wanted to. His exclusion seems more like a deliberate decision than one of feasibility.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I don't think so, Sakurai seems pretty firm about the non-videogame characters rule (for one, aside from Goku he also cited Iron Man, a character who would only require licensing with a single company).

But with a character like Geralt, who is basically a de facto videogame character, I can see the exception being made. I mean, let's not forget that SMT started out as novels.
To be fair though, that character is Disney. I believe Nintendo and Disney worked together in the past though, but perhaps Disney has Certain conditions with the characters they own that Sakurai might not want to deal with. I Believe Capcom has had their trouble with Marvel when making the Marvel vs Capcom games though

in any case, it would be cool to see Non-Video game characters in Smash someday. Licensed Video games have been a big part of gaming history (for better or worse), but i don't see it happening at the moment unless it's a character Geralt

D

Deleted member

in any case, it would be cool to see Non-Video game characters in Smash someday. Licensed Video games have been a big part of gaming history (for better or worse), but i don't see it happening at the moment unless it's a character Geralt
Regarding that first statement on non-video game characters, let me ask you. What is Smash about?

Because 4th parties will make Smash lose its identity.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

Alternatively just go balls-to-the-wall and make Project x Zone 3, bringing Nintendo in formally with Konami, Square Enix, Microsoft, and SNK.
Nintendo should be Capcom's new home right now. Disney is probably a mixed bag right now.
As much as I want Marvel vs. Capcom to get its chance another day (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for MVC4, and for it to essentially redeem Infinite), I would be fine with Capcom doing crossovers with other companies in the mean time. Terry getting into Smash makes me want to see another Capcom vs. SNK game, and Nintendo vs. Capcom would be a cool possibility. Heck, why not go all out and just make a Project X Zone fighting game?

7NATOR

Smash Master
Regarding that first statement on non-video game characters, let me ask you. What is Smash about?

Smash is about Celebrating Nintendo History, or at this point Video Game History

I don't think 4th party characters would make Smash lose it's identity, well if it's the right ones

Like if say Gordon Ramsey was added, i could see your point cause he's not really associated with games all that well

But there's other characters that while they come from other forms of media, and maybe be more known for that media, they still have made some type of impact on the gaming industry. Batman, Spiderman, Goku, TMNT, E.T (for the Wrong reasons), Star Wars, and Marvel are just examples of Other forms of media making their impact on Gaming History

Ivander

Smash Legend
Post-pass could consist of nothing but Capcom characters and I would be happy as a pig in ****.
Capcom should get ten more characters in Smash tbh
After FP5's reveal, it suddenly cuts to a new trailer. Then it all leads up to the reveal of the first Capcom character, showing them side by side with Mega Man and Ryu facing against Mario, Link and Kirby in a MvC style match-up, with 4 unknown shadowed characters behind the former 3, then revealing that the Capcom character is coming with 4 other Capcom characters with the new "Fighter's Pack" titled "Smash Bros vs Capcom Pack".

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

That's literally what people said about third parties being in Smash. Smash was originally a Nintendo All-Stars crossover, then it naturally evolved into a gaming All-Stars crossover. Smash at it's core is a player friendly game that has players knocking others out of the screen, that is what Smash is ever since it's original prototype inception when it was called Dragon King. If non-gaming characters join the roster then Smash will still be Smash.

cothero

Smash Lord
Speaking of color theory, i'm prone to believe there's a very high chance that fighter #5 is from Bandai Namco. Tekken, Soulcalibur, Dark Souls, Xenosaga, the list goes on. Even Digimon has a decent chance (Pikachu and Agumon in the same game would definitely break the internet).

D

Deleted member

But there's other characters that while they come from other forms of media, and maybe be more known for that media, they still have made some type of impact on the gaming industry. Batman, Spiderman, Goku, TMNT, E.T (for the Wrong reasons), Star Wars, and Marvel are just examples of Other forms of media making their impact on Gaming History
Even so, it will lead to the philosophy that anything can get into Smash, and honestly, people will now wonder, "Smash is a celebration of everything pop culture". Nintendo is strict on making this a gaming crossover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom