• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Geralt is the only book character that's in video games that i think should get a pass video game Geralt isn't the same as book Geralt unlike Goku who's the same from anime to manga
That's ridiculous. They're like 90% the same, you just want to make an exception because you want the character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why would they give away that they're receiving a second character?
If they were trying to keep another Bandai-Namco character under wraps, why would Sakurai bring up that story in the first place?

BlackInk

Smash Lord
But that's my point. The fact that they immediately realized he was talking about Pac-Man and didn't then ask "which one of our characters," if anything, implies no additional Bandai-Namco character.
If they knew, why didn’t they say his name instead of something that’s far more suspicious?
If they were trying to keep another Bandai-Namco character under wraps, why would Sakurai bring up that story in the first place?
Same reason why he makes foreshadowing jokes about Ridley or King K. Rool in the day before their release. No one ever takes them seriously or catches up on the joke.

Last edited:

Douglas J. Walker 94

Banned via Warnings
funny how Sabi stops disconfirming things and Verge now that Namco is in the spotlight for discussion too.
I personally hope it's either Klonoa, Dig-Dug, Or Augmon that get confirmed as the 2nd Namco and as the 5th fighter.

Since everyone for some reason has been sleeping on those three guys for quiet a while (No one would litterally expect them to be revealed as the 5th fighter, thus making those three nice suprises).

I couldn't care less about this ongoing drama. Unless another leaker truly comes out and says that Namco will not be joining the roster (Really wish we got a codename leak reveal when Terry got launched so we wouldn't have to deal with this speculation drama nonsense).

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
As a joke, probably.

I'd imagine the employees at Bandai Namco are pretty well trained not to let any secrets slip because of something like that.

7NATOR

Smash Master
That's ridiculous. They're like 90% the same, you just want to make an exception because you want the character.
On topic of Geralt, I do think an exception could be made from him. He did start from the books, but his Gaming History is most notable of the two. People might not know Geralt came from books, but they sure know about the Witcher Video game

I do think a problem is that the guy who made the books still owns him i believe, and i know him and CD Projeckt Red had a dispute not too long ago. that's the main issue

D

Deleted member

look personally I think colour theory is kind of dumb but if it is orange it would be a Namco character that's blue. So KOS-MOS is the only option there or Nightmare in his Azure armour
It’s gonna be phoinex. Trust me, they didn’t reference the color orange of Namcos logo for pac man

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Why would that be silly. I'd much rather it A goddess dog who uses a celetial brush to fight as the 5th character as opposed to the 5th fighter being another uninteresting Sword fighter (No offense to the people who were hoping for a sword fighter as the 5th DLC fighter)

One sword fighter per fighter pass is more that enough (Smash Ultimate's DLC roster needs just as much fighter variety as the Base Roster).

And since Ammy is a bit more Cartoony that the other DLC choices (The Joker From Persona, Larry From Dragon Quest 11, Terry Bogart From Fatal Fury).

I think it's fair to say that Smash Ultimate needs more Cartoony platforming character to balance out the realistic looking Humans in the DLC roster.

BTW Mr G.G 741? What would your choice be for the 5th DLC fighter (I'm all ears).
imagine not wanting like ten different Capcom characters and having trouble deciding among them all. Can't relate

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Falco uses blue.
Marth comes after Falco and he, too, uses blue.
Lucina uses blue as well.

Is Color Theory dead yet? I think different shades of colors can be used, my dudes.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
As a joke, probably.

I'd imagine the employees at Bandai Namco are pretty well trained not to let any secrets slip because of something like that.
If we think about it, Sakurai is pressuring them to say something and this is why the exchange with Pacman is extremely odd.
Falco uses blue.

Is Color Theory dead yet? I think different shades of colors can be used, my dudes.
They pick primary and secondary colors.

Last edited:

Douglas J. Walker 94

Banned via Warnings
Falco uses blue.

Let's just hope Color Theory get's thrown into a wood chipper when the next reveal takes place.

That theory should have died the day Terry got revealed (Along with Costume, Trailer, And Companion Theory)

D

Deleted member

- and of course, Nintendo themselves. Akira Howard? Byleth? Elma??? (yes I know Elma's a Spirit but just watch as she's the first Spirit promotion)

What evidence is there to suggest that Elma could potentially be among the first spirit upgrades (assuming they even happen for post-pass)? I'm still of the mindset that Xenoblade Chronicles X was simply robbed with how little content it received in Ultimate, but I'd love to hear any reasons pointing towards her inclusion in the future.
Tbh I see geno and shantae as the first spirit upgrades because of their popular by the fans and the same representation they got in the base game

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Post-pass could consist of nothing but Capcom characters and I would be happy as a pig in ****.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Geralt seems pretty clearly in the 'not-a-game-original' category to me.

The character that sits in the closest thing to a grey area to me is Aya Brea since the Parasite Eve games technically serve as a sequel to the novel, but have an unrelated cast, location, etc. They basically just go "Oh yeah, that stuff happened too, I guess" with respect to the novel's scenario, then do their own thing.

Well, and I guess like... Suikoden. Would the adaptation be loose enough that it's considered a separate entity from the novel? Not really plussed either way, granted.

Post-pass could consist of nothing but Capcom characters and I would be happy as a pig in ****.
Replace Capcom with SEGA, and that's my sentiment.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If we think about it, Sakurai is pressuring them to say something and this is why the exchange with Pacman is extremely odd.
I-
Are you trying so say that Sakurai was trying to pressure them into letting slip that a Namco character was coming? Because if so that might be the wildest ****in stretch of logic I've ever heard, and that's saying something for speculation

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

You're telling me Sakurai wanted Namco to leak their DLC character? Sakurai is the same man who cancelled Smash 4's adventure mode because its story would be leaked online. He hates leaks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ken is Gray. Inkling is Pink
and i'm fine with that - it makes them pop out from the background more. If their BG color is the same color as an article of their clothing or fur or whatever it looks washed out and muted - look at Hero's bg for example and how he almost blends in. you don't want that, which is why I think an orange bg would be bad for Tracer or Crash (they're both confirmed to NOT be FP5 anyway so)

You're telling me Sakurai wanted Namco to leak their DLC character? Sakurai is the same man who cancelled Smash 4's adventure mode because its story would be leaked online. He hates leaks.
...smash 4 was gonna have a story mode?

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I guess it has to do with UMvC3 taking Wright and showing the world how fun of a fighter he can be. We know he has good moveset potential and he would hilarously Object characters into the blastzone.

Layton's moveset is a wildcard. He solves puzzles, knows esgrima and so on.... doesn't sound too appealing unless you show it in action like Capcom did with Nick.
Yeah I guess Nick already has an example play style so people can just look at that, but I find it funny that people can easily imagine a move set for Phoenix who canonical isn’t a fighter (tough as a brick tho) but have a hard time imagining it for Layton, who regularly shows fighting proficiency.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I-
Are you trying so say that Sakurai was trying to pressure them into letting slip that a Namco character was coming? Because if so that might be the wildest ****in stretch of logic I've ever heard, and that's saying something for speculation
Wouldn't be a proper BlackInk post it if didn't leave you scratching your head after reading it.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I-
Are you trying so say that Sakurai was trying to pressure them into making a slip that a Namco character was coming? Because if so that might be the wildest ****in stretch of logic I've ever heard, and that's saying something for speculation
Because it’s totally normal to readdress a mascot character in a very careful, robotical way. A character that’s pretty much public knowledge.

D

Deleted member

Good morning everyone.

You guys spent the last few pages debating over DLC, Spirits, and 4th party reps. Also too much Wright discussion.

Typical everyday discussion if you ask me. I've got nothing new to offer at the table for the moment.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
We really have just deluded ourselves into thinking Capcom and Namco are the frontrunners, huh? There's really no evidence for either, unless you count the sudden addition of Resident Evil spirits as a point in Capcom's favor.
TBH I don't think there are any frontrunners ATM. All we have are names in echo chambers like this thread we just keep repeating until Sabi or Verge say something, and then we pick another name.

I am 100% convinced we know jack squat and FP5 is gonna take everyone by surprise.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
and i'm fine with that - it makes them pop out from the background more. If their BG color is the same color as an article of their clothing or fur or whatever it looks washed out and muted - look at Hero's bg for example and how he almost blends in. you don't want that, which is why I think an orange bg would be bad for Tracer or Crash (they're both confirmed to NOT be FP5 anyway so)
Yeah. I'm just saying that primary and secondary colors isn't exactly true, especially since there's several characters using some shade of Gray like Wolf or Snake.

D

Deleted member

TBH I don't think there are any frontrunners ATM. All we have are names in echo chambers like this thread we just keep repeating until Sabi or Verge say something, and then we pick another name.

I am 100% convinced we know jack squat and FP5 is gonna take everyone by surprise.
That's the hunch that got me there. You took the words outta my mouth. Honestly, all that is probably due to the lack of information we have, so we're using stand-ins.

Sigh...

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
On topic of Geralt, I do think an exception could be made from him. He did start from the books, but his Gaming History is most notable of the two. People might not know Geralt came from books, but they sure know about the Witcher Video game

I do think a problem is that the guy who made the books still owns him i believe, and i know him and CD Projeckt Red had a dispute not too long ago. that's the main issue
Actually, CDPR got the rights to any videogame usage of the Witcher in perpetuity, so that's what the writer was pissed off about (his books became mainstream because of games but he wasn't seeing money from them).

So while the guy might probably *****, there's nothing that requires negotiating with him.

Douglas J. Walker 94

Banned via Warnings
Good morning everyone.

You guys spent the last few pages debating over DLC, Spirits, and 4th party reps. Also too much Wright discussion.

Typical everyday discussion if you ask me. I've got nothing new to offer at the table for the moment.
Good Morning??? It's late in the afternoon (3:58 p.m). Did you not sleep well last night mam?

BlackInk

Smash Lord
The conversations are obviously private. However, it does imply Sakurai is doing these weird exchanges for a reason, he’s testing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom