• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
A lot of talk about Lloyd, but at the same time him being included would break the pattern of introducing a brand new series to smash. I could see him in the next wave of characters, but logically lloyd doesn’t make too much sense other than him missing his costume.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I wonder how you guys would react if Vergeben posted something along the lines of "Every character who had a support thread on the first page of smashboards' newcomer speculation by the time of this post's creation is not FP5."

Droodle

Smash Lord
A lot of talk about Lloyd, but at the same time him being included would break the pattern of introducing a brand new series to smash. I could see him in the next wave of characters, but logically lloyd doesn’t make too much sense other than him missing his costume.
While Lloyd wouldn't bring in a new franchise to Smash as a series; Tales is still missing specifically within Smash Ultimate. So it would be a new series to be added specifically within the context of Smash Ultimate.

Even Heihachi and Gil have a minor presence in Smash Ultimate, Tales doesn't have any presence at all.

EDIT: I'm not too sure about this, but Tales may be the only franchise that has been in meaningful content before (Trophies, Mii Costumes, ATs), and hasn't returned in Smash Ultimate. Again, not too sure about this.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I wonder how you guys would react if Vergeben posted something along the lines of "Every character who had a support thread on the first page of smashboards' newcomer speculation by the time of this post's creation is not FP5."
See Ura Ura , I knew it'd end up working out for us in the end!

SKX31

Smash Master
I still have my pipedream not (ever) being deconfirmed (because it's ignored by almost all here), AND we get something unexpected for FP5? Either way:

(Edit: FTR, I'm a KOS-MOS and Chief fan, yes, but I'm a also fan of like 30+ characters. And I'd welcome most. So I'm okay anyhow)

Last edited:

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for:

- Mewtwo, Shulk, Banjo and Kazooie, Mega Man, Ridley, and King K. Rool being playable in Smash (and Mario, but he was never not going to be there)
- Having every character in Smash history playable in this game
- Getting Banjo-Kazooie tracks, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 tracks, and that one Breath of the Wild song from the 2017 Nintendo Switch presentation in Smash
- Getting more DLC after the fighter pass (please add Isaac, please add Isaac, please add Isaac...)
- And most of all, a community of people as weird as me that are down with talking about Smash every waking minute of their lives

Happy Thanksgiving!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I literally have no guesses and expectations. Maybe it's better that way.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
*notices that the Rex support thread isn't on the first page*

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
In other news:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Turns out the Phoenix Wright leak was fake after all. He's still not on the list, so there's still hope.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Annnnnnd cue another character to FP5 limbo.

Guess that leaves only our four-legged girl Amaterasu!

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for:

- Mewtwo, Shulk, Banjo and Kazooie, Mega Man, Ridley, and King K. Rool being playable in Smash (and NOT no Mario, but he was never going to be there)
- Having every character in Smash history playable in this game
- Getting Banjo-Kazooie tracks, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 tracks, and that one Breath of the Wild song from the 2017 Nintendo Switch presentation in Smash
- Getting more DLC after the fighter pass (please add Isaac, please add Isaac, please add Isaac...)
- And most of all, a community of people as weird as me that are down with talking about Smash every waking minute of their lives

Happy Thanksgiving!
Mario is NEVER going to be in smash full stop. He is niche and irrelevant. Mario was even scrapped and replaced with Green Luigi. My best friend Massivehero Sockuray who also happens to be the producer of Super Smashing Brothers Ultimate told me Mario will never be fighter 5 let alone in Smsh ever at all in any wave shape or form

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

They never said he wasn't Fighter 5. Only that the leak was fake.

You know how many fake leaks said Banjo was number three?

osby

Smash Obsessed

Why?

Just because he's not on a fake leak doesn't mean he's disconfirmed. Also, Amaterasu isn't even the only remaining candidate among Capcom characters.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That's good then. Because I actually support Phoenix Wright given how unique he'd be.

The case still goes on then!

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
One things for sure, even with all the deconfirms, I’ve been imagining the Kirby hat for each of them for giggles. Some interesting ones in there haha.

D

Deleted member

Pheonix can never die, only be disbarred, he's been hit by a car so hard he flew into a street light and didn't have a scratch
Dude fell off a bridge and only got a cold. He'll never die.

Last edited by a moderator:

Plank08

Smash Lord
All of your most wanteds getting brutally murdered for FP5 while Sackboy is sitting in the background waiting for his opportunity..
Sakurai please

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
As I said in the Phoenix Wright thread, there's a difference between a fake leak and a straight up deconfirmation.

Anyone remember back in SSB4 there was a fake Palutena leak and yet we still got her? That's an example.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Fell off a bridge into a river with a current so strong, literally everyone who has ever fallen into it has never been seen again.

Just got a cold and had to ask Edgeworth to defend a case for him. No big.

Plank08

Smash Lord
I mean, yes.
But they're not real gun, and not a single bullets are actually shot visually, it's a model/Airsoft reproduction, they're actually doing Physical damage, not reflect and aren't counted as projectiles...
The same way Bayonetta's guns are okay because "Lmao Magic"
I know it's very weird, but it's the kind of dumb **** that CERO/PEGI/ERSB take into account.
Ok I’ve said this once, and I’ll say it again

It looks like a gun
It works like a gun
It act like a gun
It sounds like a gun
The fact that it’s air soft never comes up in smash
ITS
A
GUUUUUUUUNNNNN

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

This is straight up my favorite awkward zombie comic of all time. Phoenix's expression is golden.

Ok I’ve said this once, and I’ll say it again

It looks like a gun
It works like a gun
It act like a gun
It sounds like a gun
The fact that it’s air soft never comes up in smash
ITS
A
GUUUUUUUUNNNNN
It's a plastic toy he got at a hobby shop.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
i remember that news that said that sakurai was invited by someone from Nier Automata, si he could meet with Taro. if that was indeed to talk about 2b in smash, and sakurai would have accepted, i still don't think she is gonna be in fp5 considering that character was decided before the game released,

That being said, 2b is still very likely for post pass DLC. since the timing there would be more optimal.

Droodle

Smash Lord
So... Sabi still hasn't replied back on the Tales stuff even after an entire day.

Either Bamco is really intent on not letting anything anything leak, making them decently likely to be character 5 anyways (as if they weren't already); or Sabi found something out about a Tales character but isn't ready to reveal who it is yet.

D019

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Phoenix is still alive. That leak was fake, but nothing more. Vergeben didn't deconfirmed him for FP5.

I've recently seen gameplay of Sol Badguy to get an idea of how he could work in Smash (since I've seen a mention or two of him being possibly in), and I think he could make a cool addition to the roster. "Ride the Fire" or bust.

Now that I said it, he and Arc System Works as a whole will probably be added onto the deconfirmed list amongst others.
Welcome to the Sol cult.
If a miracle happens and he gets in I hope for ArcSys giving Sakurai a ton of songs like SNK. Guilty Gear soundtrack is absolutely crazy.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
It would be rather appropriate if everything that has transpired leads up to a Phoenix Wright reveal. When the situation is at its lowest and everything seems completely hopeless, Phoenix Wright turns it all around into a victory.

Granted, in this case even if Wright isn't Fighter 5, there's always post-Pass. Same for all the characters that have been deconfirmed so far.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Welcome to the Sol cult.
If a miracle happens and he gets in I hope for ArcSys giving Sakurai a ton of songs like SNK. Guilty Gear soundtrack is absolutely crazy.
Inb4 the next character only gets one song. And not even remixed.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So... Sabi still hasn't replied back on the Tales stuff even after an entire day.

Either Bamco is really intent on not letting anything anything leak, making them decently likely to be character 5 anyways (as if they weren't already); or Sabi found something out about a Tales character but isn't ready to reveal who it is yet.
im willing to bet it's the former tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom